Author Topic: ~ RUN YOUR OWN RACE... ~  (Read 2131 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
~ RUN YOUR OWN RACE... ~
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:11:03 PM »
RUN YOUR OWN RACE...

I was jogging this morning and I noticed a person about half a km ahead. I could guess he was running a little slower than me and I felt good, I said to myself I will try catch up with him. I had about a km before I needed to turn off. So I started running faster and faster.

Every block, I was gaining on him just a little bit. After just a few minutes I was only about 300 feet behind him, so I really picked up the pace and pushed myself.

You would have thought I was running in the last leg of an Olympic competition. I was determined to catch up with him.

Finally, I did it! I caught up and passed him. Inwardly I felt very good. "I beat him". Of course, he didn't even know we were racing.

After I passed him, I realized I had been so focused on competing against him that I had missed my turn to my house. I had gone nearly six blocks past my turn and I had to turn and go back.

It then dawned on me, isn't that what happens in life when we focus on competing with co-workers, neighbours, friends, family, trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important and in the bargain we miss on our happiness within our own surroundings?

We spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out on our own paths to our given destination. The problem with unhealthy competition is that it's a never ending cycle.

There will always be somebody ahead of you, someone with a better job, nicer car, more money in the bank, more education, a prettier wife, a more handsome husband, better behaved children, better circumstances and better conditions etc. But one important realisation is that 'You can be the best that you can be, when you are not competing with anyone.'

Some people are insecure because they pay too much attention to what others are, where others are going, wearing and driving. Take whatever you have, the height, weight and personality. Dress well and wear it proudly, you are blessed. Stay focused and live a healthy life. There is no competition in Destiny. Each has his own.

COMPARISON IS THE THIEF OF JOY