Author Topic: ♥ Daily Infographic (2018) ♥  (Read 30639 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: ♥ Daily Infographic (2018) ♥
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2018, 09:42:10 AM »
This Is Why Children Misbehave, According To Experts

Every step of parenting can be daunting, but disciplining children is one of the most complicated parts of it. How much is too much?

Carol Tuttle, author of The Child Whisperer, created a system that works with your child’s personality. According to her book, parents should adapt their disciplining methods to their child’s character, strengths, and weaknesses, which makes for happier, better behaved kids and less-stressed parents.

The whole point of disciplining according to your child’s personality is making the process easier and understanding the hidden message in your kid’s behavior. Why are they acting out?

By thinking about a child’s usual response to a frustrating or positive event, parents can easily determine whether their kid is sensitive, determined, serious or fun-loving (not to say these are the only categories). Based on this, parents will be better equipped to deal with tantrums, fights or anger of any kind.

Tuttle claims that by remaining intuitive and proactive instead of reacting on gut instinct, parents can manage their childrens more effectively, without too much hassle and enjoying the perks of having cooperative kiddos. I don’t have children of my own, but I may use this chart to better understand adults.

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2018, 01:53:43 PM »
Learn More About St. Patrick, A Feisty Priest Who Survived Enslavement

St. Patrick’s Day has passed, but it’s not too late to learn more about the man behind the holiday. Before Catholics honored the “Apostle of Ireland” with sainthood, he was nothing more than a pagan slave. After surviving years of enslavement, he fled his captors and walked 200 miles to the Irish Sea, where British merchants rescued him.

Considering his escape an act of God, St. Patrick returned to Ireland as a priest years later to spread the news of Christ, and his legend grew exponentially over the years. According to one myth, during a 40-day fast on an Irish hilltop, Patrick fought off snakes that mercilessly attacked him. So incensed was the patron saint of Ireland by the attack that he chased every one of the island’s slithering beasts into the sea. Today, there isn’t a single wild snake in all of Ireland.

While it is a super story, research by archaeologists has revealed that snakes never made it to the Emerald Isle because the climate was never ripe for their migration there.  The saint’s lore also includes a thousand miracles and the raising of 33 folks from the dead, “some of whom had been many years buried.”

While his fabled life has grown something fierce in the 1,500 years since his death, what is certainly true is that St. Patrick did spark a movement toward Christianity that would rule the country for hundreds of years. For that reason alone, it is an Irish tradition to celebrate his life around the world with a bit of debauchery and drunkenness each year every spring.

By Robin

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »
The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for a Great Wedding Speech

My sister is getting married in May, and I couldn’t be more excited. She’s going to have her ceremony at a scenic lake house, the reception is going to be awesome, and I don’t have to make a speech! If you’re preparing for a wedding speech, you may be nervous, which is why you need this ultimate cheat sheet for wedding speeches.

You might be asking yourself, “Why are speeches so important, anyway?” Well, 9 out of 10 wedding guests say that the speech is the main talking point of a wedding reception. You can make a lasting impression with the speech that you make. Make it humorous, make it heartfelt, and make it fun!

The best man and maid of honor’s speech are some of the more traditional speeches you’ll see at a wedding. Include a fun story from the past that involves you and the bride or groom. It will give guests an understanding of why you were chosen to be the maid of honor or best man.

There are some things you definitely want to avoid when making a speech. Don’t make the moment about yourself. It’s not your wedding, it’s theirs! Also, you shouldn’t be drunk when you make your speech. It’s rude and could embarrass the happy couple.

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2018, 08:07:03 AM »
How To Cat-Proof Your Home Before Getting A Feline Friend

You baby-proof your home before you have kids, and when you adopt a pet, you must go through a similar process. With kids, you invest in outlet protectors and baby monitors. With cats, however, you need to anticipate even riskier behavior.

Unlike babies, cats come with the risk of high-rise syndrome, or “the phenomenon of cats falling from two stories or higher.” Consequences of these falls can be quite serious, ranging from a broken jaw to internal injuries. However, 90 percent of cats that receive immediate medical care survive their fall.

To prevent these falls from happening, you should always open your window from the top, rather than the bottom. You should also ensure that the opening in any sliding glass doors or windows are smaller than the cat’s head. You could also consider enclosing your balcony in chicken wire, so that you and your furry friend can enjoy it without worry.

Leather furniture and cat claws don’t always get along. Rather than declawing your cat, learn to deter them from expensive furniture. Do this by placing a scratching post near furniture, and try using a No-Scratch spray on the furniture. If all else fails, trim your cat’s nails.

One last word of advice on creating a cat-friendly apartment is the litter box. Be sure to give each of your cats their own boxes, plus one extra for good measure. Change out your cat’s litter at least once every day, and fully rinse the box once a week with baking soda or an unscented soap.

By Mallory

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2018, 11:29:47 AM »
Smartphone Stats That Will Freak You Out

Americans are addicted to their cellphones, but that’s not exactly fresh news. There is something unnerving about our obsession, though.

The stats from this infographic show exactly how far our cellphone overuse goes. The average American uses their phone around 3 hours a day, and we’re checking our cell phones roughly 110 times per day! We’re even using our phones in the bathroom: 40 percent of adults check their phones on the toilet. Consider me officially disgusted.

Cellphones are also involved in 25 percent of car accidents, regardless of the driver’s age. This means that both teenagers and adults behave irresponsibly behind the wheel. Some food for thought next time you’re feeling compelled to text and drive.

Our public lives aren’t the only thing affected by our smartphone addiction: 1 in 3 people would rather give up sex than their phone, and 1 in 5 have used it during sex. I don’t know the details here, but if you have the mental focus to check your smartphone during sex, you’re definitely doing it wrong.

It’s time we start using our cellphones consciously. Maybe go on a small tech detox for a weekend, or make a pact with your family of not checking your devices at dinner. Small changes can make a huge difference, and you’ll feel much better when you aren’t always online.

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2018, 01:56:16 PM »
Learn More About How Coughing Affects Your Health

Flu season is finally ending, but it’s been a brutal one, especially for people who live in densely populated area. Even though we won’t have to worry about the flu epidemic for much longer, experts are already thinking about next year’s flu season — and it’s important to know which symptoms to look for.

One of the most common coughs is caused by colds and flu, which is something most people have experienced. Caused by contagious viruses, these coughs are almost guaranteed to show up each year.

Experiencing a post-nasal drip after coughing?  Feeling sinus inflammation? It’s likely that you have allergies. As someone who suffers from intense pollen allergies, I can’t decide if having the flu or severe allergies is worse. Unfortunately, flu season is directly followed by allergy season, so if you get hit by both, you’ll be coughing for a while. If you’re a smoker or have asthma, your cough will sound distinctive and may even contain phlegm.

This infographic provides information about physical ailments, but in some cases, our ailments can’t be seen. Mental health is a major part of overall health, and it’s important to take care of yourself.

By Tony

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2018, 08:13:37 AM »
10 Places To Retire With Less Than $200,000 In The Bank

The ultimate proof that you are now an adult? Instead of dreaming of vacation, you dream of the day you can retire.

Don’t deny it: we’ve all been there. So when exactly are you planning on quitting the job? I’m decades away from retirement, but I’m not sure I want to work until I’m 80! Decide when you want to retire, and avoid all the stress down the road.

Do you want to travel the world and become the envy of all your friends? Or would you rather stay put and help raise your grandkids? And, let’s be honest, will you be healthy while elderly, or will you need medical help?

All of these questions will affect the final number that you’ll need to save for your own retirement. Nevertheless, experts can give you an estimate, and it’s pretty expensive. You’ll be looking at around 1.2 million dollars for 30 years of retirement.

If you’re ready to say goodbye to a trusty 9-to-5 and your savings account isn’t ready, maybe you need to start looking elsewhere for your forever home. With mounting costs of living, more and more American retirees are stretching their funds by moving outside of the U.S., all without sacrificing quality of living.

You could retire for as little as $162,000 for 25 years if you choose your next home wisely. From Nicaragua to Belize or Portugal, the world is yours to choose from!

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2018, 08:20:49 AM »
Bottoms Up, Beer Lovers: The Best Glass For Your Favorite Brew

Craft beer is on the rise around the world, so we better get hop on the hipster wagon and educate ourselves on the matter. I’m known to enjoy a cold beer on a hot summer day,
but I’m also far from being a connoisseur, so this infographic surprised me in a lot of ways. Apparently, just like with wine, the right glass can make or break a beer. I guess that means plastic is out of the question, unfortunately.

Apparently, some glasses are better suited for foamy beers, while other glasses are chosen based on the ABV (alcohol by volume) of a beer. A good rule of thumb: The smaller the glass, the stronger the beer. I’ve been doing it wrong all these years, although I can’t say I’m sorry for that.

There’s even a special technique designed to pour the perfect glass of beer, and it’ll make you look like you just stepped out of a Heineken commercial. The pouring involves tipping the glass at a 45-degree angle with a steady stream and straightening the glass to create the ideal amount of foam (around an inch of creamy goodness).

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2018, 01:26:41 PM »
These Cities Are Home To The Handsomest Men In America

When you think of an awesome vacation spot, you may picture San Francisco or New York City — but those are known for their beautiful landmarks, and not necessarily their beautiful people. Which cities are home to the most handsome men?

Lonely ladies and men, listen up: This infographic analyzes each city’s annual spending on personal care, shaving, and clothing, as well as fitness activity.  Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but the effort you put in apparently does a lot.

Interestingly, the top cities for handsome men seem to be on the East and West coasts of the U.S., with five of the top six cities appearing near water. The rest of the top ten cities are scattered around the mainland, tending to be cities with high populations, which is unsurprising given that bigger cities often attract younger people.

At the very top of the table is Seattle, a city I spent a significant part of my childhood in. Maybe that’s where I get my good looks from!  A scenic destination with mild temperatures, hip coffee shops, and great seafood, Seattle is already a great vacation spot – the handsome men are just the cherry on top.

By Tony

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2018, 08:23:41 AM »
30 Facts About Blood You Definitely Haven’t Heard Before

I’ve always thought that blood was kind of cool. Not in a weird, “I’m a vampire and want to drink your blood” way, butI’m always interested in learning more about the red stuff that keeps our bodies going. Truth be told, I am a little bit queasy when someone’s bleeding, but I still think it’s pretty cool — which is what brought me to today’s research.

I like to read about random things, like how much blood we have in our bodies and what it usually symbolizes. I wanted to share with you this excellent infographic with 30 amazing facts about blood. Don’t worry: These facts aren’t only science-based, so you’ll learn some historical and cultural things as well.

For example, did you know Ireland once had a tradition of giving away free pints of Guinness to blood donors to help them recover from any lightheadedness due to iron loss? Whoever killed that tradition made a huge mistake!

And during pregnancy, a woman’s blood volume increases by 50 percent. Just another reason to thank your mom for being awesome, I guess. In case you need a new hero, look no further than James Harrison, a man who has donated blood over 1,000 times. And I thought I was brave for reading research about blood!

By Jerome

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2018, 01:43:37 PM »
Become A Chef Overnight With These Culinary Hacks

Back in January, I made a New Year’s Resolution to utilize my stove more. I go to fast-food chains all the time, and I need to take a break from eating out. I’m not the best cook, but thanks to this infographic, I’m much better prepared to whip up a meal.

I’m a firm believer of breakfast being the most important meal of the day. Did you know you can make a full breakfast by using a waffle iron? That’s right. Not only can you make waffles, but you can also cook hash browns and bacon. It’s simple, efficient, and creative!

I’ve learned that acidity is a key ingredient in a lot of foods. Lemons can be used for a variety of different foods. For example, you can use a bed of lemons for fish so they can infuse and the fish won’t stick to a grill. You can also freeze water with lemons to make fruity ice cubes. Turns out that lemons are a culinary must-have.

If you’re trying to master the kitchen like I am, use this infographic to help you out.

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2018, 09:14:09 AM »
It’s All Gouda: 51 Cheeses From Around The Globe

Cheese is a food that everyone knows and most of us love. No matter where you are in the world, you likely have at least one cheese recipe that you find enjoyable (if you’re allergic to cheese, my condolences). This infographic gives you a list of 51 delicious cheeses from around the world.

Japan is known for a cheese called Sakura. Sakura is the term for cherry blossom in Japan, and this cheese shows just that. This is a white cheese covered in cherry blossom leaves. This cheese is so successful that it wins international awards.

If you didn’t already know, France is well known for its cheese. One of the nation’s best-known cheeses is named Roquefort. It is a blue cheese covered in green mold. Don’t let that scare you! This cheese has been put into salad dressings because of its creaminess.

Have you ever made a sandwich with provolone? Well, you have a taste for Italian cheeses. This cheese is usually aged for about four months so it gains a sharper taste. Provolone is one of my personal favorite cheeses, so I’m a fan of Italy.

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2018, 07:47:49 AM »
This Is Your Body & Brain On Anger

Anger is one of the strongest emotions we’re capable of feeling, so it’s only natural that it affects our physical and mental states in a major way. But you may be surprised to find out just how much it can change your brain.

Anger first starts in the brain, where the amygdala, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland start a signaling chain to release stress hormones. The hormones that are released cause you to lose brain cells, especially in the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus, which are responsible for decision making and memory forming. This explains why people are more prone to making irrational decisions when angry.

Have you ever gotten so angry you thought you were going to pop a vein? Turns out, the hormones produced by anger prepare the body for a fight-or-flight response.  Furthermore, when the body is overexposed to these stress hormones, the blood vessels become clogged and damaged, increasing risk for stroke and heart attack.  This was the case of Red Forman from That ’70s Show, who got so angry he suffered a heart attack.

Interestingly, eye sight decreases when you’re angry, which means the saying “blind with rage” isn’t just figurative. Though anger and stress can help you escape immediate danger, prolonged exposure is not healthy.

By Tony

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2018, 07:13:12 PM »
How To Meet Like-Minded People On Vacation

You’re on the beach, enjoying the sun and reading a juicy novel, and then a baby starts wailing nearby. You decide to go for a swim, and when you return, you notice how many families are surrounding you — and you went on vacation hoping to find a hot date and some friends to party with!

Even if you’re not looking for love or friendship, it’s always a bummer to go on vacation and not get what you expect. You wouldn’t pick a camping trip to Yellowstone if your goal was wining and dining, and you wouldn’t travel to Iceland during winter if you wanted to soak up the sun.

If you want to find like-minded travelers, you better start researching your destination before you book! If you’re like me and are too lazy to do your own research, the team at Travel Supermarket has put together a handy chart that shows where all sorts of people like to go for vacation.

Who knew Reykjavik, Iceland was such a hot-spot for millennial beauty lovers? Or that Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands is the place-to-be if you’re a 50-year-old comic fanatic? Look for your age and your interests, and you’re all set! I’m already planning my trip to Cancun, where Instagrammers apparently congregate.

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2018, 09:04:18 PM »
How Well Do You Adapt To New Technology?

Even though most of us are pretty technology proficient in 2018, it’s hard to keep up with all of the advancements happening.

I have a lot of admiration for our grandparents’ generation. Electricity wasn’t as prevalent, people communicated by mail and if someone left the country, you’d have no way to see them.

Now? The same grandparents that didn’t have any inkling of personal computers when they were children are now proficient smartphone users, have social media accounts and even send memes every once in a while. Will millennials be able to stay on top of things once we’re elderly?

Even if we consider ourselves early adopters, technology is changing so quickly that in a couple of years, there may be products we haven’t even thought about. How do you measure up? Are you an inventor, always one step ahead of the game? Are you mass-driven, only adopting new gadgets once everyone knows about them? Or are you a little bit slower, innovating only when strictly necessary?

Check out today’s infographic to see where you fall on this scale. As for me, I just hope I can adopt these new inventions as easily as my granny learned to FaceTime the whole family.

By Emily