Author Topic: ♥ Daily Infographic (2018) ♥  (Read 30551 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: ♥ Daily Infographic (2018) ♥
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »
How Does Your Smile Affect Your Chances Of Falling In Love?

It’s no secret that a nice smile can make someone seem more attractive, but how carefully do people look at your pearly whites on a date?
A whopping 60% of men say that good teeth are the “most important consideration in a potential date,” and 71% of women rank teeth as the “most important factor in deciding to date someone.” Who knew that the appearance of your teeth could actually have a serious impact on your dating life?

When looking at pictures of people with straight teeth and people with crooked teeth, those with straight teeth were judged as 45% more likely to get a job and 58% more likely to be successful and wealthy. It makes some sense that straight teeth may be an indication of wealth because dental care can get pricey! However, people with straight teeth were voted 57% more likely to attract a mate over people, and 2 in 5 people admit they would not consider going on a second date with someone because of their crooked teeth. That’s even shallower than a cavity.

It’s normal to have your teeth yellow or darken, but these attributes can be perceived as a mark of old age by men looking for a partner. If your teeth aren’t perfect, though, keep calm and smile on. Small flaws in your teeth can be “endearingly individual,” and more and more celebrities are proudly rocking the gap-toothed grin.

Additionally, there are several ways you can make your smile brighter, like using lemons. If all else fails, brush your teeth, floss daily and finish off your routine with some mouthwash. Nothing is more attractive than someone who knows how to take care of themselves.

By Mallory

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »
50 Unbelievable Facts About Chinese New Year

The holiday season feels already like a distant memory, but we’re not done yet. The Chinese New Year falls on February 16, 2018 this year, ending all winter holidays, so get ready to party!

Today’s infographic showcases 50 little-known facts about the Chinese New Year. Did you know that, even though it changes every year, the first day of the New Year always falls between January 21 and February 21?

Another cool thing? The holiday lasts longer than western New Year celebrations, which typically only last a night. The Chinese counterpart goes on for 15 days, and ends with the well-known lantern festival that has become the main icon of the festivities.

So why exactly do the Chinese celebrate the new year at a different time than the rest of the world? It all comes down to calendars. Western society measures time with the solar calendar, while China (and other Asian countries) still use the Lunar Calendar in combination with the solar one.

So are you planning on celebrating this year? Get ready by paying all your debts and staying away from the shower: Old debts are a bad omen for the new year and washing your hair also washes away the good luck of the new year.   It’s also traditional to greet your friends, colleagues and neighbors with lucky new years blessings.  Now grab your lantern and Happy New Year!

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 01:53:29 PM »
Learn More About Ice Cream, America’s Favorite Treat

When I’m stressed out, I always look for a sweet treat to indulge in, and ice cream seems to do the trick every time. Here are some sweet facts about the delicacy that is ice cream. Ice cream supposedly dates back all the way to the fifth century because Ancient Greeks liked to indulge in a treat that was similar to ice cream. Ice cream was finally introduced to America in the 1700s, and has grown in popularity ever since.

As if you needed another reason to look forward to summer, July is National Ice Cream Month! July earned the title in 1984, and we’ve all been celebrating since.

The U.S. may love its ice cream, but not as much as New Zealand. New Zealand is said to consume 7.5 gallons of ice cream per capita every year. The U.S. trails behind with 5.5 gallons. Australia claims the bronze with 4.8 gallons, while Finland and Sweden love ice cream equally, consuming 3.8 gallons per capita a year.

When you eat ice cream, you may experience that dreaded brain freeze. Did you know brain freeze occurs when ice cream touches the roof of your mouth?

Whether you’re 5 or 75, you can always enjoy a scoop of ice cream. For my fellow ice cream fanatics, here’s what ice cream from around the world looks like. Happy eating!

By May

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 08:23:14 AM »
4 Ways To Get Help For Clinical Depression

It’s normal to experience sad feelings occasionally. With all of the things that you face during your lifetime, emotional changes and mood swings are commonplace.
But if you have clinical depression, the emotional distress you feel may become overwhelming and even debilitating.For millions of people, depression is an ongoing struggle that impacts their lives and relationships.

Some people have one-time depressive episodes, while others will deal with mental health struggles for years. Even if you haven’t face faced depression yourself, you almost certainly know someone who has. Perhaps you have a friend who is regularly isolated and withdrawn? It can be hard to know what to say or how to help someone who is clinically depressed.

This infographic is a great way to learn more about depression, root causes and how to find help.Depression can be lonely, and sufferers may push people away for fear of being a burden. The best way to help people with depression is to raise awareness on how to over. Even if it feels like there is no hope and depression has won, there are resources that can help.

By Aden

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2018, 08:07:49 AM »
How To Drink Alcohol And Still Lose Weight

Going out seems impossible when you’re on a diet. After all, fitness is all about eating your veggies and avoiding unnecessary calories. Or is it?
It turns out partying with friends and having a few drinks isn’t going to throw away all your efforts if you do it wisely.

First things first: one calorie-laden food isn’t going to destroy your fitness journey. After all, you won’t get instantly healthy after eating a single salad, and you won’t destroy your progress by choosing to treat yourself. The key is enjoying everything in moderation.

Whether you’re bar-hopping or ordering a drink at a restaurant, beware of hidden calories: You should make sure you know everything going into your cocktail. You can also change up the way you splurge. If you’d rather go all out and choose a big hamburger, pick a healthier drink, and if you’re choosing a modest meal, feel free to indulge on your drink of choice.

Your best choice for getting tipsy and still developing a hot bod? Go for hard liquor: After all, vodka is the drink of choice for supermodels, so follow in their footsteps! You can also order whiskey, gin or rum. If you’re in the mood for a cocktail, memorize some healthy choices from this infographic and you’ll be fine. Now that you know what to pick, have fun and stay safe!

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 02:30:33 PM »
This Is How You Can Become A Morning Person

How upbeat do you feel after waking up? If the answer is ‘not very,’ then you are probably not a morning person.

You want to be productive in the morning, and sometimes you succeed. But it never lasts. You love the snooze button, and you’ll do anything to get a few more minutes of sleep. According to this infographic, that’s a big no-no. Hitting snooze interrupts your sleep cycle and actually leaves you feeling more stressed when you do finally get up. No rest for the wicked, it seems.

Still, you can become a morning person if you’re willing to put in the work. Of course, in order to do that, you need to get up. That means not hitting the snooze button. Difficult, I know.

Perhaps we can look at the other things a morning person does. Exercise? Uh-huh. Meditation? Sure. Reading the newspaper? Ugh. At least coffee is part of being a morning person, and us night owls can agree on the benefits of caffeine all day.

In conclusion, becoming a morning person is hard work that takes a lot of practice. As a night owl, I think I might just succumb to my preference for sleeping in.

By Aden

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2018, 10:19:42 AM »
Left-Handedness In The U.S. Is On The Rise

Apparently, only 12 percent of the U.S. is left-handed, but that number sounds low. What if the rest are just hiding to avoid the stigma of being left-handed?

And yes, the stigma still exists. If you’re a lefty, you can attest to the snickers you received from classmates after smudging ink or lead on your hand.

Why is this, you ask? We don’t have an answer, but we can guess that lefties face scrutiny because there aren’t as many of them. The good news is that left-handedness has been on the rise since the 1800s, so lefties aren’t as isolated as they once were. It used to be a big point of contention though, so as children, some left-handers would teach themselves to use their right hand until it eventually became the dominant one.

Yet another classic tale of how some narrow-minded people like to stamp out difference, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Therefore, I am not convinced that only 12 percent of the U.S. population is left-handed. If anything, it’s possible that there are hoards of fake right-handers out there keeping their identity a secret.

By Aden

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2018, 08:17:10 AM »
15 Delicious Snacks From Countries Around The World

When hunger strikes, you have to do what you can to satisfy it. What satisfies hunger more than a snack? Whether it’s an apple or a piece of chocolate, snacks can do wonders for your hungry cravings. Have you wondered what people around the world like to snack on? Here are 15 snacks from various countries that are sure to leave you yearning for something to munch on.

A personal favorite snack of mine? Tamales from Mexico. After living near the Mexican border for 10 years, I was able to indulge in many of the savory snacks. Tamales are a combination of meat, veggies and cheese wrapped in a corn husk. They are a traditional food used to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos (or Day of the Dead). If you haven’t tasted a tamale before, treat yourself to one!

Have you ever flown on a plane and gotten a complementary caramel wafer? These wafers are called Stroopwafels and they come from the Netherlands. They’re similar to a flattened ice cream cone. They’re delicious!

The world is filled with wonderful snacks, and if you’re willing to travel, you may be able to experience them all one day. If you’re curious about other international foods, here’s the world in ice cream. Happy eating!

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2018, 08:26:33 AM »
Things You Probably Don’t Know About The 2018 Winter Olympics

he 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics are winding down, but this year’s Games have brought exciting events and athletes with captivating storylines to your television screen.

While most fans of the Olympics focus only on the sports, the inner workings of the Games from budget to security can be just as interesting.  Did you know that the PyeongChang Games will cost $13 billion? Despite that staggering figure, it’s still four times less money than the previous 2014 Sochi Game. After all, any event as big as the Olympics will have a huge impact on the economy, media, and environment in addition to sports.

Security is tight at the PyeongChang Games. About $18.4 million has been spent on X-ray screening, and $1.2 million will be spent on cybersecurity by the time it’s all said and done. Meanwhile, 5,000 South Korean military service members are present along with 13,000 police officers. On top of that, the United States has sent 200 of their own security members and many other nations have probably done the same. It’s clear that security is paramount to the host and participating nations of the Games.

Because so many people tune in, the Olympic Games are a moneymaker for TV networks. NBC has exclusive Olympic broadcasting rights through 2032, and who can blame them? It’s projected that NBC will rake in $900 million in ad revenue from the PyeongChang games alone.

The Olympics are about more than sports. They facilitate a coming together of countries, stimulate economic activity and continue a storied tradition. Who are the Olympians of tomorrow? Could it be your own child? If your child does turn out to be a star athlete, you’d probably want them to have good sportsmanship and represent their country well.

By Tony

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2018, 07:40:32 AM »
The Evolution Of Gaming Consoles From The 1970s Until Today

I remember watching my older friends play Super Smash Brothers on GameCube when I was a little kid. Today, video games have erupted into the mainstream and become part . Follow the history of video game consoles in this infographic.

At first, video games were not intended for public consumption but rather for military personnel. The Magnavox Odyssey, originally known as The Brown Box, was released to the public in 1972 after failed attempts as a military training platform. The Atari Pong, a game consisting of bouncing a ball between two lines, also came out in 1972. Though not very impressive compared to the games of today, these consoles laid important groundwork for its successors.

Fast forward 24 years and my favorite childhood video game Pokémon takes the world by storm. With the introduction of the Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U, people were able to play against players around the world instead of their friends. Most recently, the Nintendo Switch was released in 2017, marking a revival in Nintendo consoles.

Gaming has had a long and storied history. There has been virtually no point in my life in which I didn’t play video games, and I’m sure the same is true for many others. All this gaming begs the question: are we throwing our lives away smashing buttons on a sofa? According to research, perhaps not. How might gaming make you a better person?

By Tony

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2018, 07:34:04 PM »
15(ish) Things Worth Knowing About Coffee

Coffee, coffee, coffee! That’s pretty much all that runs through my mind in the morning. That and the best way to avoid people before I have had my daily dosage of caffeine (for their own safety).

But what do we really know about the brown liquid that so many of us consume? Where did it originate? Who was the first to discover it? And how much coffee is “too much,” if there is such a thing?

Well, this infographic has at least 15 answers to questions we have all asked at some point. What exactly does caffeine do, and why do I feel jittery after a few cups? Apparently, caffeine replaces something called adenosine in our brains, which sends out adrenaline and dopamine, making for a pretty good time. Physical benefits aside, caffeine also plays a big role in our economy as the second most traded commodity on Earth. And it has a very long journey when going from bean to latte, both geographically and in the coffee-making process.

Think about that the next time you’re sending back a mocha that isn’t “just above room temperature” as you requested and how long it took for all those coffee beans to make it into your cup.

By Aden

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »
Millennials and Media Consumption: How Much Is Too Much?

I like my media like I like my coffee –– I need it as soon as I wake up. I’m not alone in this, either. People consume digital media like it is our breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I think we can all agree there’s such a thing as being over-informed, right? Granted, that’s not a word, but in the world of Urban Dictionary, who can honestly say what is and isn’t a word anymore?

As a millennial, I like to stay informed at all hours, even when I’m supposed to be sleeping. And consuming media for 18 hours a day is bound to interrupt your sleep. As is that series you binged on Netflix, or that news story you went to five different news websites for just so you could get a perspective from all sides.

Some people even sleep with their phones under their pillows as if they’re on-call 24/7. We’re obsessed with staying relevant and in the know –– if you’ve ever tripped on a sidewalk because you were too busy on your phone, you know what I mean. Even though we love our devices, millennials still deserve to be taken seriously.

By Aden

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2018, 07:52:04 AM »
How To Make A Good First Impression Without Appearing Desperate

They say you don’t get a second chance at a first impression, so you better make sure that first impression is a good one.

Don’t freak out too much. People won’t forever judge you for your first encounter, even if you forget their name immediately after learning it. But your first impression is your entrance into the room and your introduction to a crowd, so you should probably make it the best it can be, right?

Thankfully, this infographic has all the tips and tricks you need, like staring intently at someone’s eyes, nose and mouth in an alternating fashion to show you’re really paying attention to them. Or you could look them up on social media to build up a case file on them before you meet. That way, you’ll know all their likes and dislikes, and you’ll be prepared to discuss their interests. If you’re in a cold room with someone you need to impress, you can refuse to cross your arms for warmth to demonstrate that your “body window” is open.

These instructions prove that making the right first impression is simpler than it seems.

By Aden

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2018, 09:11:50 AM »
50 Years of Academy Award Winning Costume Design

We are just a few short days away from the annual Academy Awards, otherwise known as the Oscars. Even as more Oscar-worthy movies come out, it’s still important to talk about some of the old winners. I’m sure you’ve already heard about the best actors and actresses; they generally are pretty good at stealing the limelight.  Maybe even supporting actors and actresses have made it on your radar.

The backdrop for the outstanding work of these actors is set with extreme care, and is not something to gloss over.   The award winning costume designs don’t get much appreciation.  But if you take a closer look, you will realize how much work and effort went into these designs

Just look at one of the recent winners, Mad Max: Fury Road. That movie was impressive, and it had breathtaking costume designs as well. Sometimes the impact is much more subtle than you’d imagine.  Check out more of these costumes and see if you recognize any of them.

By Jerome

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2018, 08:21:40 AM »
7 Times Technology Almost Destroyed The World

Technology has provided mankind with countless benefits. It has helped us research diseases, work more efficiently, and it allows us to communicate with people all over the world.  However, technology can be catastrophic if it’s misused.  Most of the near-disasters documented in this infographic would’ve led to nuclear war if they’d come to fruition.  In 1961, U.S. nuclear radar detection systems went off, prompting the U.S. to prepare for a nuclear strike against Russia.  However, this was a false alarm caused by an overheated relay system.

The next year, a similar snafu during the Cuban Missile Crisis resulted in the wrong alarm being set off, and it could’ve started World War III. And in 1979, the U.S. and Russia were at it again — this time fighting a proxy war in Afghanistan, South America and southern Africa.  A technician accidentally played footage of a nuclear attack simulation, causing U.S. officials to think they were under nuclear attack.

The only non-nuclear near-catastrophe was related to bacteria engineered to turn food waste into fuel, but the bacteria killed every plant it came in contact with. This was only caught in a test conducted by Oregon State University.  Had this not been detected, there’s a good chance we’d all be dead now.

By Tony