Author Topic: ~ !! Love stories around the world !! ~  (Read 1309 times)

Offline ரித்திகா

• Forum VIP
  • Classic Member
  • ‘தமிழன் என்று சொல்லடா.. தலை நிமிர்ந்து நில்லடா..’
~ !! Love stories around the world !! ~
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:10:52 AM »
Love stories around the world
To mark Valentine's Day, Reuters photographers documented the stories of over 20 couples from around the globe.

Their stories run the gamut from storybook high school romances to the more unconventional, such as finding love after an acid attack.
They include Nhuchhe Bahadur Amatya, 76, a retired accountant at the Nepal Electricity Authority and his wife Raywoti Devi Amatya, 74, a housewife. Nhuchhe was 17 and Raywoti 15 when they wed in an arranged marriage 59 years ago.
"I saw Raywoti for the first time at my home after we officially got married, during the wedding her face was covered with a Ghumto (veil)," said Nchuchhe.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:16:17 AM by ரித்திகா »

Offline ரித்திகா

• Forum VIP
  • Classic Member
Re: ~ !! Love stories around the world !! ~
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 07:17:22 AM »

Pramodini Roul, 24, an acid attack survivor and a campaigner at Chhanv, an NGO that supports acid attack victims, and her partner Saroj Sahoo, 26, a manager at Chhanv share a moment at the "Sheroes" home for acid attack victims in Noida, India. The couple met at a nursing home in Cuttack, India, where Pramodini was undergoing treatment for acid burns. Saroj was friends with the lady nurse who was treating Pramodini and would visit his friend at the nursing home while she was treating Pramodini, which is how the two met for the first time, on April 8, 2014. "On September 14, 2017, after an eye surgery, I was flying with Saroj and suddenly started seeing things clearly. That was the first time I saw Saroj's face. I had never imagined that I would be able to see Saroj in my lifetime," said Pramodini. The couple is scheduled to hold a ring ceremony on Valentine's Day in Lucknow.

Offline ரித்திகா

• Forum VIP
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 07:19:05 AM »

Haidar Ali Moracho, 20, and Coral Ibanez Blanco, 23, pose for a picture at the Moor's Field garden (Campo del Moro) in Madrid, Spain. Haidar, a transgender young man who's in his second year of Asian and African Studies at Madrid's Autonoma University and Coral, currently looking for a job, have been dating for seven years. "A friend of mine told me there was a girl who liked Dragon Ball's Vegeta character and wanted to become a boy. She put us in touch virtually and we spent the following year video calling each other before we were able to meet in person in Madrid," said Coral. "I wanted to kiss her so badly, but her friend's parents were with us and I refrained myself," said Haidar. "We had to wait a few more months before I was invited to his house and we kissed in his bedroom for the first time, but his family didn't approve of us at first and we spent the following five years seeing each other secretly during Japan Weekend fairs," said Coral. "It was very hard. There were times I thought it would be less painful if we broke up, but I couldn't. Together until death do us part," said Haidar. "We have gone through a lot of difficult times, but now we feel like we can face anything and anyone, no one can bring us down," said Coral. They are both Spanish history buffs and enjoy spending time together at the Moor's Field gardens beneath the Royal Palace. "This place is very meaningful to us because here we feel free," said Coral.

Offline ரித்திகா

• Forum VIP
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 10:42:41 AM »
Jenny Ostrom, 37, a director of photography and her husband Chad Ostrom, 37, a director, stand in McCarren Park, near their home in the Brooklyn borough of New York. "We met the first day of college in the middle of the heartland, Kansas. My friends and I thought it noble to help the arriving freshman girl students move into the dorms. There was Jenny, unpacking boxes with her family and in classic, comedy double-take action I walked by her room, stopped, and walked right back to it. Through three states, long-distance dating, high times, low moments and 19 years later, we now share a home, a little girl and a life," said Chad.