Author Topic: Focus On Your Blessings  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Anu

Focus On Your Blessings
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

Joan and Natty were two young mothers who lived across the street from each other. From their living room windows, each woman was able to observe the activities of the other woman’s family.

One day, Joan confessed that she’d been watching what went on in Natty’s front garden and that she envied her. I don’t know what you mean, Natty said with puzzled look on her face.

Well, I often see your husband out in the front mowing your lawn, and I wish my husband would do the same thing, Joan said. Your garden is beautiful!

Natty laughed and then made her confession. I have been doing the same thing, Joan, she said. I watch your husband in your front garden - and I have envied you! Joan shook her head with disbelied. What on earth do you mean She asked.

Natty replied, I see your husband playing ball with your toddler so nicely. How I wish Keith, my husband, would do the same thing! He never wants our boys in the way when he mows. Be honest Joan. Would you rather have your husband play with your son than have a well-manicured lawn?

I had not thought of that before, but your right Natty. I may have tall grass, but Eric, my husband is right about playing with little Johnny, Joan concluded.

Very often we are blind to our own blessings that are so obvious to others. Let us cultivate the habit of concentrating on our several blessings rather than brooding over what we perceive as curses.