Author Topic: Oh My Kadavule  (Read 925 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Oh My Kadavule
« on: February 14, 2020, 07:44:33 PM »
Oh My Kadavule Review

Star Cast : Ashok Selvan, Ritika Singh, Vani Bhojan, Sha Raa
Director : Ashwath Marimuthu

Debutant director Ashwath Marimuthu's Oh My Kadavule is a breezy feel-good romantic entertainer that is engaging till the end. The story and presentation is new, as the film talks about a confused youngster who cannot choose between his school crush and his close friend.

In any other Tamil film, the director would have narrated it as a straight forward love story but here, Ashwath brings in the 'God' angle and tweaks the routine format a bit which brings that unique flavor.

Arjun (Ashok Selvan), Anu (Ritika Singh), and Mani (Sha Raa) are childhood friends. In one of their casual get-togethers at a bar, Anu proposes to Arjun where he also meets his childhood crush Meera (Vani Bhojan) who was senior in school. Arjun is initially taken aback by Anu's proposal but on their way back home, he says ‘yes’ to her since he feels that there isn’t a single reason why he should reject her idea to get married to one’s best friend.

Anu's dad (MS Baskar) gifts the couple a posh flat and also offers a job to Arjun in his own ceramic factory.

But on their first night, Arjun is unable to see Anu as his wife or lover and they mutually decide to take some time to get in sync as husband and wife. But Arjun's disappointing mundane job at the factory and his sudden rebound with Meera create a rift between the couple and after reaching the breaking point, they file for divorce.

Now, Arjun gets approached by a man (Ramesh Thilak) who promises to get him a divorce and solve all his problems. Arjun goes to “Love Court” where he meets a mysterious person (Vijay Sethupathi) only to realize later that both are Gods!

Both the Gods offer Arjun a Golden Ticket and he can go back and re-live his life with certain conditions!  What happens in his second innings with life?

The film starts off as a routine romantic comedy filled with laughter and fun, of course, the break-up scene is serious and we can relate to the intensity and frustrations of the couple. But Oh My Kadavule actually stands out post-intermission with several emotional scenes which speaks about friendship, love, career-preferences, misunderstanding, humanity, and more without the preachy tone.

Though the treatment is breezy, Ashwath Marimuthu establishes an emotional bond with the audiences, all of us can relate to the proceedings and that's the biggest strength of the film.

Ashok Selvan has let it all out all in the film, as we don’t see any inhibitions in his performance. Though he speaks a little loud in the scenes where he vent-out his anger and has gone a little overboard, his subtle performance in the emotional scenes works so well. It's good to see the tough girl Ritika Singh gets into the feel-good zone, she has given her best. It's a sigh of a relief to see a heroine picking right scripts and meaty roles. Vani Bhojan looks pretty and she performs with grace and maturity. The usually irritating Sha Raa has delivered a measured performance.

Leon James' songs and background score perfectly suits the feel-good romantic genre and cinematographer Vidhu has provided breezy visuals.  A few can complain about the pace and runtime, but in all fairness, such engaging films are rare in Tamil cinema.

Oh My Kadavule could be your cupid for the Valentine's Day weekend. Watch and fall in love again!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 07:46:53 PM by MysteRy »