Author Topic: Best 10 and Most Amazing Structures in the World  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Gayathri

Best 10 and Most Amazing Structures in the World
« on: May 22, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »
Great minds have conflated imagination and skills to create breathtaking structures all around the world. The construction of such amazing structures has an affirmed the notion that there is nothing that a human mind cannot achieve.

Most Amazing Structures in the World

There are numerous a structures in the world, which deserve an applause, but here I have segregated the most amazing ones.

Here is my top 10 list:

Offline Gayathri

Re: Best 10 and Most Amazing Structures in the World
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 02:32:37 PM »
1. Burj Khalifa (Dubai)

At 2716 feet, this is, at present, the tallest structure in the world! The aim behind the construction of this captivating needle-shaped building was to improve tourism, and the creators of this wonder have accomplished their objective. To see the Burj Khalifa in the background of the setting sun, is overwhelming.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
2. Aqua (USA)

I term this skyscraper a masterpiece, because of the sheer imagination and vision that Jeanne Gang had. At over 800 feet, this structure has more than 80 stories. What distinguishes it from other contemporary structures is its rippled exterior. This it due to the architectural inventiveness of the architect. Jeanne Gang made sure that Aqua had an undulating facade, by designing a custom balcony for every condo. If you are in chicago, see that you visit this marvel.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »
3. CCTV Headquarters (China)

Not even in your weirdest dreams, you might not have imagined such a structure. If I wanted to describe the design of the CCTV Headquarters, I would say, this structure has two L shaped (one L is inverted) sections, which are connected by 2 horizontal sections. It is easy to describe the design structures of the building, but it is difficult to comprehend it. You have to witness this huge structure (approximately around 800 feet tall) in Beijing, to understand its design.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »
4. The Crooked House (Poland)

History shows that art has always inspired the creation of mind-boggling structures, but this building in Sopot takes the term "being inspired" to another level. The inspiration behind this architectural wonder was the work of Jan Marcin Szancer and Per Dahlberg. The first thought that came to my mint when I saw The Crooked Building was, that it hat a normal box structure, but a giant hugged it tightly, and now it looks crooked.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
5. The Basket Building (USA)

Where is the world largest basket situated? Well, it is in Newark, Ohio. This basket is not your regular basket, it is the headquarters of the Longaberger Basket Company! The dedication of the company head to the product that his company makes, is the reason why the world has such an amazing structure.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 03:20:34 PM »
6. Cubic Houses (Netherlands)

Tired of the monotonous box shaped homes, Piet Blom came up with the idea for cubic houses. These houses were first made in helmond, and now Rotterdam also hosts such abodes. Piet Blom considered each "Cube" to be an abstract tree, thus making a cluster of such houses a forest.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 05:13:30 PM »
7. Central Library Parking Garage (USA)

What do you do if you want to inspire the people of your city to use the public library? You create a building that resembles a shelf full of books! well, most of us won't think like that, but a few influential people in Kansas City had this idea, and thanks to them, the city is home to one of the most intriguing structures in the world. The "book" in the design of the parking garage, of the Kansas City Public Library, were suggested by the people of the city.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 05:17:35 PM »
8. Waldspirale (Germany)

If you are traveling in Darmstadt, then it is nearly impossible for you to miss this building. The multicolored exterior is the first thing that strikes you. Every window in this building has a unique design, and this structure has no curved corners. Friedensreich Hundertwasser was the mind behind this wonderful structure.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 05:21:33 PM »
9. Habitat 67 (Canada)

I could not believe my eyes when I saw this residential complex for the first time. You will feel that individual apartment are dislocated. Moshe Safdie envisioned this project, and now this structure has become one of the major attractions of Montreal.

Offline Gayathri

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »
10. The Gherkin (London)

Norman Foster and Arup designed this marvel. This structure resembles a bullet, and some great power saving techniques are implemented in this building. When the design of the building was conceived, it had raised some eyebrows, but its creators were confident of the design, and now it is a paradigm of architectural ingenuity.
The mere sight of these great structures will leave you spellbound! Apart from these, there are many other structures that would challenge your prejudices about architecture. If you can, do visit all of them, and you will have the best memories of your life.