Author Topic: ~ How to Deal with Mistakes ~  (Read 929 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
~ How to Deal with Mistakes ~
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:01:14 AM »

Dealing With Mistakes
We all make mistakes in life, however, different people deal with their mistakes in different ways.
Many people try hard to avoid mistakes but in fact, mistakes can often lead to valuable learning experiences if you approach them in the right way.

Here is a simple 3 step approach for dealing with mistakes.

Step 1: Admit that you made a mistake
First admit you made a mistake to yourself.
 Then, if there is someone else involved, admit you made a mistake to them and apologize.
The words, “I made a mistake and I’m sorry” are a great first step to resolving a conflict.

Denying that you made a mistake does not solve anything and simply prolongs the negative energy associated with the situation.

Step 2: Identify the lesson that comes with your mistake
The good news is that every mistake comes with a built in lesson that can help you improve your life in the future.
To find your hidden lesson ask yourself, “What can I learn from this situation?”

By finding the hidden lesson within your mistake, you immediately transform the situation from a negative experience to a useful learning experience.

Step 3: Forgive yourself and let it go
All too often we dwell on our mistakes and continue to beat ourselves up over what happened.
Once you have admitted your mistake and identified the lesson it carries, let go of the mistake, forgive yourself and move on.
If a similar situation arises in the future, you are now better prepared to choose the right course of action.

Next time you make a mistake, try this simple three step approach and see for yourself how it can transform a mistake into a useful learning experience.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:42:40 AM by MysteRy »