Author Topic: Changing Season  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Saam

• ஒரு நொடி துணிந்தால் இறந்துவிடலாம் ஒவ்வொரு நொடியும் துணிந்தால் சாதித்து விடலாம்..
Changing Season
« on: June 09, 2017, 10:45:09 PM »
CHANGING SEASON

“Seasons change, friends move away, and life goes on from day to day.
Flowers fade and streams go dry and many times we wonder why.
Yet we can always be assured because God tells us in His Word,
That unlike changes in the weather, love goes on and last Forever!!..."

Part-1
            I landed at the Philadelphia International Airport at 4pm. It‟s my first visit to the United States. I finished my immigration formalities, collected my baggage and was waiting for my colleagues to pick me up from the airport.

The airport looked very busy. Some people were rushing to the gates to catch the flights, some had come for send off, there were some couples constantly holding hands and whispering in each other‟s ears. The kids were looking very cute with very fair complexion, blond hair and red cheeks.
I was watching everyone when my eyes suddenly fell on one particular guy. I could easily make out he was a desi from his looks. He was wearing a faded blue Jean and a white sweat shirt. He was tall with wheatish complexion and toned body. His eyes were so attractive and he had a constant smile on his face .He was busy talking to someone on his mobile.

“Ria”- I was interrupted when someone called out my name.

A girl and a guy were standing with a friendly smile on their faces.

“Yes.” I said.

“I am Meghna and this is Karthick.We have come to pick you up.”

“Hi” – I smiled at them.

“Welcome to the US” – Said Karthick
They helped me with my baggage and we came out of the airport to the parking lot. We pushed two suitcases in the trunk and I had the hand luggage with me at the back seat. Meghna was sitting in the front and Karthick drove the car.

“So, how was the journey Ria?”

“It was good Meghna. Just that the connecting flight from Frankfurt was delayed by an hour. But I whiled away time roaming inside the airport.”

“Oh, If it was Meghna she would have utilized that time in Shopping. You know Ria ,She is a shopping freak” –Karthick teased her.

“Oh! you know what ?even I did a little shopping”
“That‟s great Ria. See Karthick, we girls latest spend time in shopping. Not like you guys. watching girls all the time”

“Alright ladies. Everyone wants to do what amuses them”

We spoke for some more time and Meghna got a call. She got busy talking and Karthick was concentrating on driving. I moved myself towards the window and started looking outside.
The Autumn season had just started and It was very beautiful to look at the trees with different colors. Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower. I have heard this many times but it was truly a wonderful experience to see and feel the autumn season. The road looked very clean. It looked so colorful as though the whole place was painted with random colors.

In about an hour the car entered into the “ The Lakes“ community in Allentown,PA. We parked the car in front of apartment „A-9‟.We moved the luggages in and Meghna showed the room where I was going to stay.

The apartment looked very beautiful with a big hall and two bedrooms, big kitchen and a bath room. There was a balcony at the end of the hall. I could see lots of beautiful trees around. I loved the place!
“Alright Ria, take rest. See you both at office " – Karthick left the place.
I had dinner with Meghna and came to my room. My first day in US! I missed home terribly. I was very tired because of the long journey and slept off soon.

I was standing near a beautiful stream with trees on either side. The leaves in the trees were of different colors from light yellow to bright orange and red. The water in the stream was reflecting the colors from the trees. Some leaves were falling into stream slowly.

„Ria.. I had been waiting for you for so long..I missed you a lot”…He came near me, looked into my eyes .Hugged me softly and whispered in my ears
“I love you”.

The alarm rang!! I woke up with a jerk and looked at the time. It was 6 am!
Huh! ! It was a dream! And that guy..I have seen him somewhere ,,,Tall,Blue jean and white shirt..! It just struck me..Is it not the same guy I met at the airport ??

“Good morning Ria,hope you had a good sleep” – Meghna asked me.

“Yes Meghna..”

„Just that I am still not out of the dream‟ I said to myslef.

It was 3 days since I joined the new Project. Our office was 2 miles away from where we lived. Karthcik was staying in an apartment nearby and he picked us up every day.
Meghna had a meeting that day and she left to office early.I was getting ready when I heard the door bell ring.

„Must be Karthick „ – I thought and opened the door. I was surprised to see the person standing at the door. It was Him.! The one I met at the airport..!!

“Hi,I am Arjun”- He smiled at me.

Part-2

„Arjun‟ – The name suited him so much,I thought.

“Ria,right?” – He asked.

“ye..yes..” – I told him.

“Karthick is not well and is not going to work today. He had send me to pick you and Meghna. I called up Meghna and she said she has already left. So,I am here to take you with me”

I got into the car and sat next to him.

“Wear your seat belts Ria, you can‟t trust my driving!” – He said and started the car.
He was wearing a formal light blue stripped shirt and grey pants. He had folded the sleeves till his fore arms. I had a close look at his face. He was definitely handsome. Deep eyes ,Sharp nose and clean shaved look.

“Where are you from Ria?” – He asked me.

“Banglore”

“oh good! Banglore is a nice place.I had been there a couple of times”

“Where are you from Arjun?”

“Pune”

We had a brief conversation until we reached office.

“Thanks Arjun.”

“Welcome Ria.Nice meeting you..have a good day!”- He said with a sweet smile.

I noticed for the first time that he gets a cute dimple in left cheek when he smiled!!

“You have a good day too Arjun”

The day started well and I was kind of excited the whole day.I could not stop thinking about Arjun.He was very simple and sweet.Very soft spoken and gentle.And that smile! Any girl would fall for it!!
“Hey Ria..! Meeting just got over. let‟s go for coffee”

“Sure Meghna.”

As we entered the cafeteria, I saw Arjun sitting with a client and was explaining something from his laptop. His gestures were so professional and the client looked very impressed with him.
“Arjun is always busy, all the clients like him so much” – Said Meghna.
“hmm. He is so nice and friendly, he dropped me at work today.”

“Ya he called me. Arjun is Karthick‟s room mate.Karthick had send him to pick us up”

As we were talking,Arjun closed his lap top,shook hands with the client. He saw us from a distance and came towards us.

“Hi Meghna,Hi Ria”

“Hi” – We said together.

“What Arjun, Amy Watson looks so impressed?”

“Hm.Its a new proposal.Was just giving her the high level estimates”

“ She would definitely not deny any of your prosposals.More than the proposal she looked so impressed on you”

He just smiled at her.

“Meghna, did Karthick tell you about the week end plan”

“Ya .The long drive to see fall colors.”

“Yes. Call up Karthcik and confirm the plan.”

“Sure Arjun.”

“And Ria is joining us right?” He looked at me.

“I ..” before I could complete Meghna interrupted “Yes. She will come with us.”

“That‟s great. Ok got to go now. I have a 11 o clock with Lindsay”

“Oh..Please hurry up. She just can‟t wait to see you” Meghna made fun of him.

He gave the same sweet smile again and left the place. I was looking at him. How can a guy be so gentle and soft spoken? No wonder everyone liked him. I could sense that something was attracting me towards him!!

STAY TUNED
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:11:11 PM by Saam »

Offline VipurThi

• அன்புடையார் என்றும் உரியர் பிறர்க்கு...
Re: Changing Season Part 1 and 2
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 12:41:47 AM »
Hi Saam :D nice story ;D waiting for the next part :D updt soon

Offline Saam

• ஒரு நொடி துணிந்தால் இறந்துவிடலாம் ஒவ்வொரு நொடியும் துணிந்தால் சாதித்து விடலாம்..
Re: Changing Season Part 1 and 2
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »
Thank You vipurthi. Will update next part today night.

Offline Saam

Re: Changing Season
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »
Part-3

The drive through the mountains was very pleasant. The car stopped and we all got down. I was stunned to see the place.

The whole place was surrounded by colorful trees. There were some leaves on the ground and it look like a flower bed. There was a stream running between the mountains. The water was so clear and fresh. The leaves in the trees were of different colors from light yellow to bright orange and red. The water in the stream was reflecting the colors from the trees. Some leaves were falling into stream slowly!

It looked like I have already seen this place. It then striked me that it was similar to the one I saw in the dream!!

The scenes in the dream just crossed my thoughts. I smiled to myslef.

I saw Karthick and Meghna taking pictures of each other.

“Ria,come lets take some pictures?” – Meghna called me
I took few pictures with Meghna and Karthick. Arjun was not seen anywhere near.

“Megh,Where is Arjun?”

“He must be somewhere taking pictures with his camera. He is crazy about photography”

I looked around and saw Arjun busy taking pictures with his SLR camera. I went near him.

“hey Ria,doesn‟t this place look lovely?” – he asked as he clicked a couple of pictures.

“Yes..it is”

“Hey… look at those birds..just wait for a second .Let me take a closer shot”

He came back in a minute, “Yes.Iam done”

“Can I see the pictures Arjun?”

“Oh Sure” – he came near me and showed the pictures.

They looked as if taken by a professional photographer. I felt the fall colors looked more beautiful in the pictures than in reality!

“They are too good Arjun”

“Thanks”..

“Hey guys,we were searching for you” – Meghna and Karthick came towards us.

“This place looks awesome, lets take some pictures.”- Said karthick.

We reached home by late evening.Meghna was transferring the pictures to her laptop. All the pictures were good.

“Ria,look at this.You look very pretty in this pic!”

Me and Arjun were standing next to each other. I did not know if I looked pretty, But Arjun was looking very smart,with his cute dimple smile!

Days moved on.The fall season was over and winter had started. The tress looked bare without leaves and the weather was too cold to handle. This was my first winter and was eagerly waiting for the snow!

“Ria,we have a new year celebration at Karthick‟s Apartment” – Said Meghna

“Oh thats nice!”

“Lets wear something ethinic”

“Hm.ok”

The Club house of the apartment had a festive look. There were many people from our office. Most of them were dressed in traditional outfits. I was wearing a sky blue with silver work designer saree. Wore matching earrings and bangles. Had applied kajal to highlight my eyes and some lip gloss to save my lips from drying. I had left me hair untied.

“You look very pretty in Saree Ria,” – Whispered Meghna.

“Thanks Megh and you look pretty too “ – Meghna was looking great in her green and yellow salwar.
My eyes were looking for Arjun.He was not around.

“Hey Ria” – I was startled by the voice behind me.I turned around and saw Arjun smiling at me.

“You look so beautiful”

“Thanks Arjun”

Arjun was wearing a blue jean and Maroon kurtha. He was looking handsome as always!
There were various games organized at the Party. One of the game was “Find the partner”. The game organizer announced:

“Hello everyone, these two jars contains pieces of paper that will have names of famous people or characters. The Jar in the right is for the girls and the one in the left is for the guys. Each one should pick one slip. And here is how the game goes :

I will call one from the Guy‟s side and ask him to read out the character from his paper. Once he reads out, the girl who has the character‟s Partner Should come before us and both will act as those characters.

For example, If the guy has “Mickey Mouse”,the girl who has got “Minnie Mouse” should come forward and both will do a role play..! Hope you all got it!!

The crowd cheered…and everyone picked up the paper.

I opened and looked at mine and was excited to see the character!

I asked Meghna what she has got. She showed me her paper and we both had a good laugh.

The game started. Kishore came forward and he called out his character- “Popeye – the sailor”

Kamna announced she was „ Olive‟…they both enacted a funny role play…and the crowd cheered them.

Next was Karthick, He was -“ Bill Clinton”

I beckoned at Meghna.she couldn‟t control her laugh…she raised her hand and said..

“ Monica”.

There was a loud applause which was interrupted by Seema.

she said“Guys I am Hillary”

The fun was doubled. The trio did a hilarious role play and everyone burst into laughter.

I was enjoying the game but couldn‟t control myself looking by Arjun‟s side. He was talking to a kid sitting next to him and was patiently answering all his questions. It was very sweet to watch!

It was his turn then. He came forward and read out softly from the paper with a sweet smile “ Romeo”…
My heart slipped a beat. I checked my paper again .

“JULIET”

The crowd shouted “Arjun is our Romeo..”

“Where is my Juliet?” – Arjun looked around and asked. I stood up hesitantly.

” Oooooooo…its Ria…” – Everyone shouted.

We both were standing looking at each other.

“Hey Romeo …why do you stand like that..do something!!” – His friends started teasing him.

Arjun looked at me and smiled. And I smiled back.

He came near me took my hands in his and said softly :

“The moment I saw you…. I fell in love

And you smiled,,,coz u knew!”

Every one cheered and applauded. I did not know what to say. I was just standing there dumbstruck!

Part-4

Work was hectic after the long week end. Had continuous meetings and offshore calls till 11 am. I called up Meghna and asked her to wait at the cafeteria.

Karthick and Arjun were already there.

“Hey Arjun, heard your release is confirmed” – Meghna asked him.

“Oh yes Meghna, Mahesh told me this morning”

“That‟s Nice. You have been asking for release for long time.”

“Ya..waiting to go home”

“When are you leaving?”

“Probably this week end” – He looked at me when he said this.

I was trying hard not to show my disappointment.

“Ok..guys,,have a call now..got to go” – I said and left the place.

I couldn‟t concentrate on my work. I dint know what me feel so disappointed when I heard Arjun is going back to India. It‟s just few days since I met him and I have hardly spoken to him. But I should definitely agree that he was there in my thoughts- almost all the time!! I am not a girl who believes in Love at First sight but what was that strange feeling I had when I met him at the airport? Why did my heart beat so fast when he held my hand????why should I ever feel like I am going to miss someone who was known was years??…

My thoughts were interrupted by the telephone. Extension 4319 …..I picked up at one ring…

“Hello”

“Hi Ria..It‟s me Arjun”

“Hi Arjun”…

“Were you expecting my call? you picked the phone at one ring??” he laughed.

“No. I was like.. about to make a call…and ..”

“Oh ok. I was just kidding”

“Thats Ok.Tell me Arjun..”

“Ria..are u free this evening?”

“Yes.. “

“Well..then be ready by 5 pm sharp.I will pick you up from your place”

“Arjun..but…”

“No excuses.Be ready.see u at 5 pm ..bye”- He hung up.

I had no idea what he is up to. But I was kind of excited. He is taking me out!!
The ride was very good with soft romantic music. Arjun was very good at driving. we spoke about work,family and other general stuff. It was very apparent from his talks that he was very much attached to his family and loved his sister Anjali the most.

“My parents are planning for Anjali‟s marriage. They have already seen the groom, In fact I am going there to meet the guy ”

“Oh that‟s nice..so once she is married it will be your turn..”..

“Hmm..I don‟t think thats so easy”He said in a serious tone.

“Why Arjun,,any problem?”

“Nothing Ria..was just telling it‟s hard to find good groom now a days”

But I somehow felt he was hiding something .He deviated from the topic.

“You Know Ria, The first time I saw you.. I was so amazed. You looked so pretty”

“Hmm.. Even I remember the first time I saw you”

"You mean in your apartment when I came to pick you up?”

“No. I have seen you twice before that”

“Twice?”- He asked in a surprised tone.

“Yes. First I saw you in the Philly airport when I landed in US. Karthick and Meghna had come to pick me.”

“Oh..ya..I remember, Karthick said he is going to airport to pick up Meghna‟s roommate. I was there in the airport that day to send off my cousin”

“You were busy talking to someone on the mobile. That was the first time I saw you”

“Hmm..great t! so when was the second time?”

“Second time…” I paused..

“Tell me…”

I did not know what to say.I was silent.

Just then he got a call. He was talking for some time and the car stopped in front of a biggest shopping mall .We parked the car and got down.

“So..this is the place?”-I asked.

“Yes” he said.

“What are we going to do here?”

“What else..Shopping for India”

“Shopping??” I asked in little disappointed tone.

“Yes?were you expecting something else?” he asked with a naughty smile.
“No..nothing…lets go”…

We shopped various things like branded T-shirts , handbags,watches and Perfumes for Anjali. He asked me for my suggestions and I was more than happy to help him find the good ones.

“Its almost Over Ria.Just one special gift and I am done”

“Special Gift?”

“Yes…”

“Then ..it should definitely be for someone special to you”

“Hmm…Of course” – He looked into my eyes and smiled!

He chose a beautiful bracelet made of silver with pink crystals on it.
“Do you like it?”- He asked me.

“Hmm..very Pretty”

We stopped at a coffee shop. I was waiting near a window seat and was looking at the flurries. Arjun came with the coffee and sat opposite to me.

“It‟s too cold rite?” – He asked as he sipped the coffee.

“Hmm..yes..but its good to see the flurries”

He looked outside “ Yes..it looks so good!”

“Hey Ria, forgot to ask you..”

“What?”

“You said you met me twice. When was the second time?.”

“Oh that…”

“Yes tell me” - He was looking at my face curiously.

“In my dream” – I said slowly ,looking at the coffee.

“Dream! wow that‟s interesting. Then?”

“What then, you just asked me where I saw you and I told you..”

I turned my face and started looking outside through the window.

“I am asking you mam, you can admire the nature later. Now please tell me what happened in the dream”

“hmmm,I actually forgot. It was too vague you know”

“Oh it was vague but you could make out it was me. common don‟t bluff tell me the truth”

“---“
He shifted his place and sat next to me.

“I am not going to leave you until you tell me” – He said in a mild voice.

I had no option but to tell him.

“It was like …I was standing near a stream surrounded by trees.The trees were all colorful. The place was so nice…”

“hmmm” – he listened patiently.

“Then…I heard someone talking to me..I turned to look and it was you”

“Is that it?”

I did not reply.

“what did I say?”-he turned my face towards him and asked softly.

“you said…hmm…that u were waiting for me for long time and you missed me..and..”

“and…??”

“---“

“And..what Ria?”

“and…hugged me softly and said „I love you „ in my ears” ..My heart beats were racing so fast when I completed.

He was sitting silently staring at me.

“You should have told about this when we went to the see fall colors”…

“Why?”

“Hmm..you remember there was a stream similar to what you said,,,”

“ya…”

“I would have made your dream come true!”

I was startled! I looked at him without saying anything.

“Lets go” – he said with a naughty smile.

He dropped me at my apartment.

“Good night Ria.Sweet dreams! “ – He smiled. I somehow felt his smile was very romantic.

“How was the Date young lady?”- Meghna asked during dinner.

“Date?”

“Hmm..what else you call it?

“Common Meghna,its not like what you think..we just went for shopping”

“Oh,just shopping??..”she sounded disappointed.

“What else did you expect my friend?”

“I thought you would gone for a romantic candle light dinner and Arjun would have proposed you..”

“Are you crazy.?Its just a month since I met him”

“Oh ,,its not the time that matters dear,it‟s the feel…”

I thought Meghna was Correct . Its not the time that matters it‟s the Feel…!!

STAY TUNED
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:33:24 PM by Saam »

Offline VipurThi

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 01:33:06 AM »
Hey Sam :D so much of expectations ;D very interesting :D will arjun propose riya b4 he go to India ??? So updt soon to reveal the answer ;D

Offline ReeNa

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 07:22:43 AM »

Offline Saam

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 09:04:23 AM »
Thanks for ur comments Friends.. I will update everyday.. Happy day..

Offline Saam

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 09:15:15 AM »
Part-5

I met Arjun daily at work and we spoke for some time. We exchanged our mobile numbers. I could somehow feel some kind of intimacy growing between us.

“Ria,Iam thinking of calling Arjun home for dinner tomorrow..what say?” – Asked Meghna.

“Dinner? why?”

“why? He is going to leave US in two days. Kind of a send off. Lets invite karthick also”

„Just 2 more days and Arjun will go to India.I will not see him again!!!‟

“Ria..Iam asking you”

“oh..yes..sure..we can invite them”.

It was 7pm.Arjun and Karthick arrived at our apartment. They had bought some sweets with them.The dinner was simple with some North & South Indian food .

All of us were having a good time .We played cards and were discussing various on topics like movies,hobbies etc.It was fun!

Meghna got a call from home so she went inside her room.Karthick was busy with the playstation.

“Ria…” Arjun called me. He was having my lap top and was looking at pictures taken during the fall trip.I went near him and he gestured me to sit..

“What” I asked as I sat beside him.

“Look at this picture.Don‟t we look great together”

I smiled and said “Yes”.

We were looking at all the pictures and paused at the pictures where we were together.

He moved a little toward me..We were sitting so close that I could smell his perfume!

“You are really pretty Ria.The guy who is going to marry you is very lucky.”

“So is the girl who is going to marry you. You are so gentle and of course very handsome!”

He gave me a sweet smile and continued “Ria..can I ask you something?”

“Yes..”

“How do want your guy to be,,,?”

“means..I did not quite understand your question”

“ok..I know every girl will have expectations of how her man should be..so,do u have something like that on your mind?”

“hmmm..yes…”

“May I know it”

“well, to start with -The guy should be tall, should have sharp eyes and sweet smile”

“ok and Is dimple an additional qualification?”

“shhh..let me complete..”

“Yes mam.pls go Ahead!”

“He should be very caring,affectionate,understanding and have good sense of humour..”

“Oh my God! Is that it? Or you still have something to add”

“Hmm..just one important thing..he should be very romantic”

“hmm..romantic enough to hold your hands and propose you in the front of everyone?? “

He looked into my eyes and asked.

I did not reply.There was silence for some time.

“So..what are your expectations Mr.Romeo?” I broke the silence.

“Well,,Mam..I don‟t have big list like you..More over God is been very kind enough that he has put all my expectations in a sweet small package and named it RIA “

I was tossing on my bed.I couldn‟t sleep. What did he really mean? Does he like me? Or this jus a prank….My mobile rang.I knew it was Arjun before even I picked the call.I looked at the mobile…it was him!!

“Hi Arjun”

“Hi Ria..did I disturb your sleep?”

“No..I mean..I haven‟t gone for sleep yet”

“I know you wouldn‟t have slept ….”

“------“

“Are u there Ria?”

“yes..”

“I thought you will have lots to talk to me..”

“Yes..Arjun…but I donno where to start”

“Start from where we left..”

“Arjun..did u really meant what u said this evening?”

“Yes..”

“It‟s not even a month since we met, we hardly spoke to each other…”

“ But I feel like I have known you for years.”

“Do you like me Arjun?"-.

" Yes I do…" – He told in a assured tone.

“How about you Ria?”

“I have a strange feeling for you Arjun…but not sure what it is”

"From when?"

"From the day I met you. At first I was just attracted by your looks,after I got to know you ,that has increased or indeed increasing each day"

"-------"

"I donno how to explain Arjun,but I like talking to you,spending time with you.Your thoughts make me happy.I feel I am in a new world..very cheerful,excited,as though on cloud 9"

“Thanks Ria.This is what I wanted to hear..you know…even I have the same feeling since I met you!”
The conversation from there on was like a dream to me.I wanted to stick to that moment.Never wanting that to end. We spoke until dawn.

“Arjun,its 6 o clock”

“Oh yes sweetie..just forgot the time”

“Are you coming to office”

“Yes of course.today is my Last day at work!!”

“Don‟t remind me about that Arjun.I hate to see you leaving.”

“Me too Ria.I had always wanted to go home but now I feel I should stay here for some more time”
“Can you cancel your trip?”

“No Ria.Everyting is finalized a month ago.Moreover Anjali‟s marriage has be fixed”.

Part-6

I came home early from office the next day and helped Arjun in packing.

We were busy packing when Arjun‟s mobile rang.He looked at the mobile “Amy Watson” he said to me and picked up the call.He was on call for 10 minutes and came back for packing.

“Amy seems to be very fond of you Arjun” – I said .

“hmmm.yes Ria..she doesn‟t want me to go”

“Think she will miss you big time! I noticed at the Farewell today …the way she hugged you”

“You saw that?”

“No one would have missed that romantic scene”

“oh…looks like you are jealous my dear..”

“oh me!No way!why should I be jealous?”

“Ya..thats correct.Why should you be ..?Amy just got to hug me once…but u are going to do it through out your life” he winked at me and gave the super romantic smile.

I couldn‟t stop blushing. He came near me and took my hands in his.

“Arjun..I feel like coming to India with you”

“I will be more than happy Ria…but how?”

“Hmmm…I donno but I am sure I can‟t stay long here without you”

“Ask for a release and come to India soon”

“Sure Arjun. But I will miss you a lot”

“I will miss you too Ria”

Meghna and Karthick had also come to the Airport. Arjun completed his check in formalities and came to us. He was talking with all of us for some time. The fight departure announcement was made and Arjun was getting ready to go. He gestured me to come near him…. and slipped a small gift box in my hands! He moved towards the gate and waved good bye!!

I came back home with a heavy heart. I couldn‟t really bear his absence.I decided I should go back to India as soon as possible. Just then I remembered the gift Arjun gave me. I carefully opened the box.

The pink crystals smiled at me with a note:

For The special person of my life.!! – Arjun

It was almost a 15 days since Arjun reached India. We were in touch through email,chat and calls. We spoke to each other whenever we got a chance. We spoke for hours together.Almost everyday. All sweet nothings. Time variation was never a complaint. We crushed 1000 miles with our bonding.

“Hi sweetie”

“Hi Smarty”

“Just came to office…thought you would have slept Ria”

“How can I without talking to you dear?”

“hmm..hows weather there? Has the snow started?”

“No Arjun. Its only flurries”

“Don‟t worry..you will see it in a week”

“Its my first winter and waiting to see snow..”

“Don‟t you think it would be great to watch the snow together with some coffee?”

“I would love to Arjun…but you said u don‟t like snow..”

“Yes…that‟s because I can‟t bear too much cold…but with you nearby..I would rather feel warm”

“Then why don‟t you come over”?

“Sure I will..If u assure me u will keep me near you…hold me in your arms..and keep me warm always!! And I assure you the same!!”

“---“

“Ria..I know you would be blushing…how I wish I was there to see that!

“Arjun…I miss you badly…”

“So am I sweet heart…dying to see you”

Days moved on and we had become more close than what we were when Arjun was here .I spoke to my manager Mahesh about my release and was waiting for the day when I will go to India and meet him.

“Hi Ria…”

“Hi Arjun..was waiting for your call”

“Anything important dear?”

“Yes..I spoke about my release to Manager..he said it might take 3 months!”

“3 months! I can‟t wait till then”

“Then get a short term assignment and come here”

“Hmm..thats a good Idea..actually there is a project coming up next month.I might land there..as a surprise!!”

“Oh really!!thats great Arjun..I would love to see you”

“But not sure Ria..its just a plan.”

“oh..then I will quit the Job and come to India.is that fine ? “

“Sure dear.I will give you a better offer here. A permanent position at my home “

“How about my designation and salary??”

“What designation? You will be the Queen darling!!your salary will be lots of love,affection and of course loads of hugs and kisses for life time. And if you are keen to know your role..its Mrs.Arjun,my Sweet Wife..what say?”

“When should I join sir?”

“Will let you know soon madam. Should discuss with the management.”

“You mean your parents?”

“Yes.I am planning to talk to them about you after Anjali‟s marriage is fixed.”

“Hope they accept me”

“Don‟t worry dear.They sure will do. My parents never go against my wish”

“Good Arjun.Expecting a good news soon”

“yes you will…but before I tell my parents I need assurance from you…”

“On what”

“Ria.Do u remember?its been more than a month since we are into this relationship..and we have never said those precious 3 words till now?

“What??”

“what?..its I LOVE YOU..we are supposed to say this everytime we talk..”

“Ya…even I was thinking you will tell someday…”

“Oh …why should guys say everything first…I want you to tell me…”

“You know Arjun,those are special words…and I am holding for a right occasion to tell you..”

“Every day is special for us …”

“well I agree.I will surely tell you when I talk to you the next time”

“But I have a condition there Ria…”

“Yes please..”

“The next time you talk to me..the first words should be “I love you”…agreed??”

“Agreed”.

I should have told him when he asked me..…..I did not know that I would never talk to him again!!

STAY TUNED
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:16:51 AM by Saam »

Offline ReeNa

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »
Beautiful love story Sam. ;D

I was enjoying reading then suddenly :o

I should have told him when he asked me..…..I did not know that I would never talk to him again!! :-[

Will they never meet again? Will something happen to Arjun? :(

Waiting for next update.

Offline Saam

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 12:37:29 PM »
Innum story start aagave illa athukullaye ipdiyaa.. Inimethan Hero entrye iruku stay tuned.

Offline VipurThi

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 01:19:10 PM »
Hi Saam :D story sema :D hero entry irukuna :o arjun illaya hero ??? So much of twists and expectations ;D waiting for the next part ;D

Offline Saam

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 09:31:48 PM »
Part-7

It was half past midnight but I did not feel sleepy. It was more than a week since I had a good sleep. I looked outside the window .It was snowing!! It looked so beautiful like pearls of different sizes were showered from the sky.

" Don‟t you think it would be romantic to watch the snow together with a cup of coffee! “ Arjun‟s voice lingered in my ears!….

I prepared a hot cup of coffee for myself, pulled a chair and sat near the window. The smell of coffee was so divine…I sipped it slowly holding the cup with both my hands,,, With every Sip, my thoughts travelled down the memory lane..!!

I was thinking everything from the moment I saw Arjun in the airport till our last conversation. He hasn‟t contacted for nearly 10 days. Neither did he attend my calls nor did he reply to my emails.
Whats wrong with you Arjun? Are you intentionally ignoring me? No..I know you love me a lot..something should have gone wrong….

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Meghna calling me.I looked at the time.It was 6am.

“Hey Ria..look like you haven‟t slept all nite?”

I gave a faint smile.

“You are behaving so indifferently now a days…hope u r alright”

“Yes Meghna..I am”

“Don‟t lie…Did Arjun call you?”

“No”

“Its been 10 days Ria…he is not attending your calls too”

“Actually his number is switched off”

“Did he reply to any of your emails?”

“No…”

“Its so weird Ria..ok let‟s talk to Karthick today…he might know something..”

“I hope so…” I said…

I went back to the window.The snow had stopped.It was almost dawn. “ GOD! Let this day be special for me!! “ I prayed to myself.

We met Karthick as soon as we reached office
“Karthick..any news about Arjun?”- Asked Meghna.

“No Meghna.We have been trying to reach him …but no luck. I heard he hasn‟t come for work for 10 days”

“Do you have his home telephone number”

“Ya..I tried calling that number too…but no one answered the call”

“I am really worried Meghna..what would be wrong with him ?”- I said in low voice.

“Don‟t worry Ria..nothing wrong would have happened,,Karthick can we have that number”

“Sure..I will message you”.

“Thanks Karthick. Please update us if you get any information”

“Sure Ria,you don‟t worry too much.He will definitely get in touch with you”

“Iam hoping so”…..

“Ria lets call his home number and check”- Meghna tried to call the number but I stopped her.

“I have tried it Meghna..I have his home number…as Karthick said no one answered.”

Meghna was getting worried too. We went to our seats .I had no mood to work. I was pre occupied by various thoughts…Arjun hasn‟t come for work for 10 days!! what happened to him..Is he sick? Or someone in the family is unwell..… ??

Just then my telephone rang.I was dumbstruck to see the extension…

4319….is it not Arjun‟s extn?? Has he come back?

Oh yes…I remember , He said he will give a surprise visit….Wow... ! I couldn‟t believe my eyes…..Thank you God!!

I was about to pick up the call and I remembered…

“The next time you talk to me..the first words should be “I love you”…agreed??”

„Agreed” I said to myself and picked the call …

“I love you…I love you….I love you with all my heart!!! You dint call me for so many days just to surprise me like this you Idiot…??.....I really love you…”

“Oh.…ok.ok….I love you too Honey…but can I know your name before I love you more??”

I was startled. I knew it was not Arjun‟s Voice…..

“Excuse me… who is this?”

“Iam..Sid…Siddharth “

I disconnected the call. …who is this Siddharth..what is he doing in Arjun‟s place…?

What the hell did I do? I said I love you to some unknown person…!!

Meghna came running to my place…

“Hey Ria…have an important news..”

“Yes…Meghna”…

“I was talking to Mahesh and he said Arjun has quit the company”

“what..when?”…I couldn‟t believe what I heard.

“Just a week back, more important is that he was assigned a project here for a month and he did not want to travel”

Arjun was supposed to come here..and he did not want to travel??No way…why should he ever miss this chance…. he was dying to meet me …

“Are you Sure Meghna?…”

“Yes Ria.some one else has replaced Arjun and he has joined today.Mahesh has arranged for an meeting to introduce him”

“Do you know who he is”?

“No…he had come to US only today morning”

I looked at my computer and there was a meeting invite from Mahesh. I opened it…

Meeting Invitation:

Subject: Introduction to Siddharth Narayan

Time: 3pm EST

Part-8

I decided not the attend the meeting. Dropped an email to Mahesh and left office by noon.

Meghna arrived home by 5.30 Pm. I was sitting with my laptop and having coffee.

She looked excited!

“Hey Ria….you really missed the meeting today..Sid is so cool..he is very knowledgeable..full of energy,,, we were all laughing throughout the meeting…In fact Mahesh was so amazed by the way he spoke,,, “

“Oh good…”I said with a uninterested tone..

“You know he is irresistibly smart! My God,,his smile and look…any girl will definitely fall for him”..

“Looks like you have already fallen Megh”

“Oh I really wish I would….he is a darling”…

“Oh Meghna,,,its too much for a first meeting..”

“You would have not said this if u had met him today…”

“Alright ..I have a severe head ache…going to sleep for sometime..”

“Oh ok…how are you feeling now..forgot to ask”

“not good..” ..

I couldn‟t sleep.My thoughts were all about Arjun…What would have happened to him…?

I called his mobile number and land line….no answer…!

How happy the day would have been if Arjun had come here.I suddenly remembered the phone conversation today…

“I love you too Honey,,,,”…

How dare he say that? he would definitely know I did not intend to tell him.,..but why did he respond that way…first of all why did he call me??Does he know me already? I was so confused!! God , Is this the way you make the day special for me ??

“Ria..dinner is ready”- Meghna called me.

“No Megh..Iam not hungry..”I answered without getting up from the bed. She came inside the room and switched on the lights.

“Ria…I know you are upset ..but starving is not a solution”

I did not answer.

“Its been days since I saw you smiling….you always look worried…please come out of this Ria…….”

“I am not able to Meghna…I am not able to concentrate on anything…Its jus Arjun that‟s in my mind…I donno what might have happen to him…”

“May be he is doing all this wantedly Ria”

“You mean to say he is trying to avoid me?”

“I am afraid he is”

“No Way Meghna..the last time we spoke..I could feel how much he missed me…he said he was dying to meet me…”

“Then why is he doing this?… If he had true feelings for you he could have contacted you through any means and told you what is wrong.”

“I know his feelings are true….there something that‟s stopping him…he will definitely get back to me”

“Ok..if you trust him so much…then wait…but now please eat something…”

She got the dinner to my room and we started eating…

“Now..don‟t look so dull ..its Friday..get into the week end mood”

“Ok Maam..”..I smiled at her.

“Hey I forgot to tell you Ria..we have planned to go to for skiing tomorrow”

“Oh I am not interested Megh,,”

“I know you will say like this..but you are coming..all plans are made”

“But Meghna…”

“No excuses..you are coming….Karthick will come and pick us at 9 am.

Blue Mountain , a ski resort located near Palmerton, Pennsylvania.

The place looked so heavenly.Tall mountains and slopes covered fully with snow.There were trees on either sides, dipped in snow! It was white all around.

Skiing looked very scary for me but I could see people of all age groups sliding with the ski boards.Especially the kids,they could slide through the longest slope with ease. I was amazed by the way they had mastered the sport.

I was standing carefully with the heavy boots and the ski board attached below the boots. There were poles on each hand for support. I somehow managed to get to the top of a small slope and looked down.I wasn‟t sure if I would reach down safely.When I was about to start,I saw a a pretty girl around 7 years sliding down from a higher slope and was coming straight towards me. Before she could reach where I was standing she slipped and fell down .I went near and extended my hand to help her.She pulled my hand forcibly and I lost my balance and fell down.I did not know what to do. I wasn‟t able to stand as the boots were too heavy. The girl looked at me and gave a sorry look. We were looking at each other helpless!

“Excuse me sweeties…looks like you need some help” – I heard a voice and looked up.
A guy was standing with his skies. He pulled the little girl and helped her to stand. He pacified her and helped her to slide again. The little girl thanked him and kissed him on his cheeks and slid down the slope.

He came near me “Please hold my hands and try to get up”..He said with a friendly smile.
He was wearing a black jerk in and goggles. I looked around there was no one to help .I held his hand tightly and tried to pull myself up .When I was about to stand, I lost my
balance and fell on him. He somehow balanced and we both were saved from falling down.
I was still not out of the shock. I couldn‟t imagine what would have happen if both of us had fallen down.

“Are you okay”?

I was back to senses only when he asked me.

“Ya..yes..Iam o ok..Thanks a lot!!”

“That‟s okay...”..he smiled.

Just then I realized was standing holding him with both my hands pressing against his body .I immediately pulled myself away from him.

He came close and whispered in my ears.

“You know I dint believe when you said I love you…….but this hug proves it”

I was taken aback. “U are Sid ..Siddharth?” I asked

“Yes dear.Iam Sid..!Nice meeting you” He winked and smiled.

I was very embarrassed. I could not look at him anymore .I turned my face and hurried to leave the place.

“Hey careful..I can‟t see you fall again!!”

I did not listen to him and started sliding swiftly…I heard him shout

“Love you Honey….Take care”…

STAY TUNED

Offline VipurThi

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
hi saam ji :D super epi :D really luv it :D siddharth sema :D epd ipd eluthuringa saam ji ;D keep writting :D waiting for the next updt :D