Author Topic: Founder Of An Aviation Company  (Read 683 times)

Offline Ayisha

• Golden Member
  • ✤ Loneliness Is Beautiful And Empowering ✤
Founder Of An Aviation Company
« on: October 16, 2018, 07:45:25 PM »

Kanika Tekriwal has battled cancer. But there's no way you could gauge that from her demeanour. She looks pretty ordinary at first glance, but when she starts talking, you know she means business.

Once asked to fetch coffee in a board meeting by an elderly gentleman who was taking her to be someone who's fit for a secretarial role, the same woman has been named by the BBC as one of the top 100 most inspirational women in the world. She is the founder of Jet Set Go, an elite private aviation service for ferrying people to-and-fro, to the location of their choice.

"Cancer made me a strong person ready to face any challenge; and most importantly, to never give in. So when we began work on JetSetGo and things didn’t go my way – I didn’t get upset, but just focused on what we could do next. But, it was very difficult for people to take me seriously and think that I can provide them with an aircraft or a helicopter to transport them from Mumbai to Delhi. I had been shot down on a number of occasions and I was this mellow person. Until one day, when we had gone to make a pitch to a senior client, and being the last person to walk in, I was asked by this balding old man, 'Can you fetch me a cup of coffee?' That's when something flipped in my head and I made the decision of not being taken for granted," said Kanika in an interview to India Today.