Author Topic: ♥ Daily Infographic (2018) ♥  (Read 31489 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: ♥ Daily Infographic (2018) ♥
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2018, 01:25:17 PM »
What 1,500 Calories Looks Like at 25 Fast Food Chains

A fast food drive-thru is convenient and cheap, and the taste isn’t so bad, either. But is there any nutritious value is in that burger you’re chowing down or is it all empty calories? Today’s infographic examines fast food restaurants and what 1,500 calories looks like across the board. While you’re probably expecting every meal to be bad for you, that isn’t the case. You can actually eat food that’s well under 1,500 calories at most fast food chains if you know what to look for.

McDonald’s is the most popular fast food chain in the world. Although the restaurant is well-known, it also has some of the highest calorie counts on the infographic. If you order a Big Mac, large fry, and an Oreo McFlurry, that’s 1,560 calories. Compare this food to the menu at Panda Express. At the fast-casual chain, you can get a serving of Kung Pao chicken, chow mein, a chicken potsticker, cream cheese wontons, a veggie spring roll, a fortune cookie, and Gatorade all for a whopping 1,490 calories. That’ll definitely keep you full for a while.

Everything should be done in moderation, including moderation, but if you’re counting calories, you should keep this information in mind. Consult this infographic before you splurge on your favorite food.

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2018, 08:14:26 AM »
Unproductive Meetings Cost U.S. Companies $9 Billion Annually

If you look at your calendar and dread the number of meetings you have, you aren’t alone. We’ve all been stuck in stuffy conference rooms, but meetings are often viewed as a necessary evil. Could meetings actually be costing you money?
The folks at STL, a UK training firm, analyzed the latest data to find out what really goes into business meetings and how much it could be costing your company.

Built upon the idea that face-to-face communication is more efficient, meetings are the bane of most people’s existence. Moreso, studies show that we have grown so bored of meetings that we don’t even pay attention anymore, making them ineffective and a waste of employee time. Only 9% of people say they pay attention in every work-related meeting, and most employees say meetings cause them to get less work done.

What can we do instead? We don’t need to ban in-person meetings, although some companies rely solely on email and chat. Instead, the meeting organizer should have a plan and follow the agenda. After the meeting, send a brief summary so everyone is on the same page. Don’t waste anyone’s time by hosting a meeting with no itinerary, and try not to exceed your allotted time slot.

Meetings don’t have to be unproductive, which is why it’s important to get creative. Soon, your team will be looking forward to your next powwow!

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2018, 08:34:52 AM »
21 Home Styles From Around the World

As boring as it may seem, I love watching home makeover shows. It’s fascinating to see before-and-afters, but I also enjoy seeing the existing design of a home. I sometimes wonder how architects and interior designers come up with home styles. Today, we’re going to look at 21 house styles from around the world thanks to research from the team at RubberBond.

One of the most unique styles on this list is the Geodesic home from Norway. This home is a dome shape, which definitely means you’ll stand out. Geodesic homes weren’t sustainable until 2001, and it took a significant amount of research to perfect the style.

A house style you might see around older neighborhoods is the “Sears Catalogue” home. The name speaks for itself: Sears and other home stores sold “kit homes” in the 20th century to make it easier for homebuyers.

Nontraditional homes make the list as well. You may not think of an igloo as a type of house, but it’s used for shelter in Antartica. Peruse the graphic to figure out which style is your favorite. Home styles are also becoming more environmentally conscious as time goes on, so this infographic would likely look very different in 50 years. If you’re starting to consider buying a home, find out how far $500,000 will get you in different regions of the U.S.

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »
Easy Ways To Support Your Local Animal Shelter

Millions of animals are taken in by animal shelters every year, and the facilities are in constant need of support. They need food, of course, but your local shelter could also use volunteers, donations, toys and blankets. Are you unsure how to help or where to start? Here’s how you can contribute.

Nearly eight million animals are put up for adoption in the United States every year. The animals are housed in one of the 13,000 shelters across the nation. The issue is that shelters need about $2.5 billion a year, or roughly $190,000 per facility. Unlike some organizations that may ask for money without a real need, animal shelters are often struggling.

Why do people put their pets up for adoption? Some of the common reasons for giving a dog or cat up include behavioral issues, not having enough time to take care of the animal, and moving somewhere that doesn’t allow pets. If you’re considering becoming a pet owner, make sure you’ll have the ability to care for your furry friend. Otherwise, they could end up in a shelter.

I’ve volunteered at animal shelters before and haven’t regretted it a single time. If you have the opportunity, please go to your local shelter and give your time. If you’re an animal lover, I think you’d love to know 20 facts about pet owners.

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »
The Surprising Ways That Brits Shop and Pay

A survey of 1,500 Brits asking about their shopping and paying habits has revealed some surprising information about how Brits spend their money. Believe it or not, millennials are most conscientious.

Consumers between 16 and 29 years old deliberate more about what to buy, and 75 percent feel guilty after buying something. On the other hand, only 50 percent of people between 45 and 49 years old feel guilty about shopping. This age group is also more likely to respond to personalized offers.

Your phone is probably influencing you more thank you think. Social media advertising influenced the purchases of one-third of consumers, and women were more likely to be swayed. So to all you Facebook and Instagram advertisers out there, making it easy to pay with just a few clicks after they see your ad could pay off!

When it comes to paying, having multiple payment options is important to most consumers, and payments should process as quickly as possible — 57 percent said they would abandon a purchase if it took too long to pay.

Only 13 percent of British consumers have used Apple Pay, while 88 percent regularly use debit and credit cards. Surprisingly, the oldest age group of people over 60 years old spent little time debating a purchase and showed the most delight once their purchase was made.

By Don

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2018, 01:27:19 PM »
How To Use Chopsticks Without Embarrassing Yourself

Though chopsticks are some of the simplest utensils known to man, there are still many rules that dictate proper etiquette. Today’s infographic shows you the chopstick no-no’s so you can eat the proper way the next time you’re at a sushi restaurant.

I’ve used chopsticks at home my whole life, and I’m still guilty of some of the blunders found on this infographic. I should note that my family is Chinese and we’re discussing Japanese chopstick etiquette, but many of these rules seem like common courtesy anyway.

One faux pas I am especially guilty of is rummaging through food with my chopsticks. Though etiquette says you shouldn’t dig for food you like, I almost always pick around my plate.

Another thing to avoid is resting your chopsticks on your bowl or leaving them upright. Resting chopsticks signals that you are done eating, while chopsticks are left up in a dish if it’s being served to someone who is close to death. Even though you may be full, make sure you don’t leave your chopsticks upright – and only rest them when you’re sure you won’t eat anything else.

After reading this infographic and learning more about chopstick manners, you can be confident in using chopsticks wherever you go.

By Tony

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2018, 08:35:51 AM »
The Best Shoes For Hiking, Weightlifting, Cycling, & More

Even if your fitness plan includes a healthy dose of both cardio and strength training, you may be neglecting the most important part of the equation: your feet.

Most of us really don’t think about our feet very much. Come on, I can’t be the only one that only looks at them once in a while in the shower, just to make sure they’re covered in soapy water. Ahem.

But even though they don’t get a lot of love, your feet could make or break your fitness journey. Experts say that the number of nerve endings in our feet could an be the physical foundation for overall well-being, and things as little as muscle strains can lead to long-lasting consequences.

That’s why it’s key to invest in the right support for your feet for every step of your journey. It seems obvious that shoes dedicated to running aren’t built for 3-day hikes, or that flip-flops aren’t made for lifting weights, but all too often we just buy a pair of sneakers and think we’re set for all our fitness needs.

Using the same pair of shoes for everything makes it easy for fungi and odors to thrive in your socks (ugh!), and it can lead to injuries and even hinder your performance in the gym.

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2018, 11:21:56 AM »
The Influence Of Instagram: What Every Marketer Needs To Know

Advertising is no longer just paying for a billboard — the majority of consumers turn to the Internet to find new products. Are you ready to make the leap?
An overwhelming majority of people have at least one active social media account, and as marketers, we need to meet our audience where they’re at. Even though Facebook and Twitter remain two of the most active platforms, Instagram is shaping up to be the most important platform for marketers.

From 2014 to 2017, Instagram reported growth of around 350 percent, which is a lot more than Facebook and YouTube. It isn’t only Instagram’s growth that’s attracting attention: The platform can influence how shoppers behave. More than 70% of Instagram users report making a purchase based on something they saw on the site.

Before you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to get your product advertised by an Instagram celebrity, take a look at the power of micro-influencers who boast engagement rates of 4 and 8 percent — more than double than celebrities with a measly 2%. Rather than focusing on Facebook or a more traditional social network, focus on Instagrammers with modest followings for your next social media campaign. You may be surprised by the ROI you see.

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »
How To Make Each Day As Productive As Possible

If you’re anything like me, you’re productive at the last minute before something’s due. Trying to get any work done before that is like trying to run a 5k through wet cement.

Today’s infographic explores how to become more productive. To have a good day, you need to have a good morning. Wake up early to give yourself more time to get ready, and eat a healthy breakfast to keep your body at peak performance. You can use the extra time to make a productivity playlist if you like listening to music while you work.

The next thing you should do is make a to-do list that focuses on goals and important tasks. Next, set timers for tasks so you don’t spend the whole day wrapped up in one task — and so you can set time aside for scheduled breaks.

Once you have your list, it’s time to zone in and focus wholeheartedly on your work. One of the biggest distractions I have is my cell phone because I almost always find myself browsing when I’m supposed to be doing something else. I’m sure many of you have this same problem, but fear not — this infographic has a solution.

Leave your phone away from your desk so you can’t even think about when working. At first, this will be difficult, but you will eventually get used to it.

By Tony

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2018, 01:05:22 PM »
How To Stay Healthy & Comfortable On Long Flights

I’ll be honest, I hate when I have to fly somewhere. I get butterflies in my stomach and just feel uncomfortable. It’s even worse if I have to take a long trip, but it doesn’t have to be nerve-racking. Let’s look at some fantastic tips and tricks that teach you how to make your in-flight experience more comfortable.

Before your flight, remember to dress for your time on the plane. While it’s natural to want to look good, a few breathable layers are your best bet. You don’t want to feel miserably hot or cold on your trip. When I’m on a flight, I usually get cramps in my legs and blame it on the limited legroom. Thankfully, this infographic shares exercises you can do to make sure your legs don’t become numb. Twirling your feet is one way to make sure blood is flowing and increase your comfort.

Even if you’re dealing with jetlag, you may be tempted to drink endless cups of coffee, but it can lead to dehydration. Instead, drink a lot of water. I hope you can use this infographic to become more comfortable when you fly.

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2018, 06:34:27 PM »
Learn How Famous Books Got Their Titles

Does anyone else remember those required reading lists from middle and high school? I vividly remember reading books like Pride and Prejudice and Fahrenheit 451. The biggest question I had when looking at the covers was how they got their titles and what they were about. Today’s infographic gives you the origins of your favorite book titles and some of them are pretty surprising.

The title that I was most curious about was Fahrenheit 451. It becomes obvious after you read the book, and the origin is simple. In the book, reading was illegal, so any book that authorities found had to be burned. The books burn at 451 degrees Fahrenheit, so the title Fahrenheit 451 was born!

Peter Pan is an older story written by J.M Barrie in 1911. Barrie centered the storyline around five boys, and one of the boys was named Peter. Barrie coined Pan from the name of the Greek God of Wind, leading to the name Peter Pan.

I don’t want to spoil the rest of the title’s origins for you, so I’ll let you read the rest and learn more about how classics originate. Hopefully, you’ll gain some insight on your favorite book title. Wonder where reading will go in the future?

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2018, 08:14:30 AM »
This Dog Has An Inheritance Worth $412 Million

It’s normal to be jealous of famous people and rich tycoons, but there are animals in the world who have more money than most of us.
Why does an animal need a budget? Good question. But for some celebrities, they’d rather spend their money on their pets than other people, which is their prerogative.

The richest pet in the world hails from Germany. How fitting that a German Shepherd takes the title. Countess Karlotta Liebenstein’s Gunther IV has an inheritance of 307 million pounds. That’s the equivalent of $412 million! Don’t you wish you were a royal pup?

Do you have $3.1 million handy? You could buy the world’s most expensive dog collar! It’s a full diamond collar with a combined total of 52-carats. Even those of us who love our pets more than anything may wonder why they need diamonds.

Yes, some animals might have more money than us, but it’s because their owners love them as much as they love humans. You don’t need to spend millions on your pet to let them know they’re loved. Animals are easy to please, and having a pet around actually increases your happiness. Show some love to Fido, even if you can’t give him millions of dollars.

By Kaylee

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
What We’re Obsessed With On Our Phones

For many of us, our smartphones provide a pretty good snapshot of our lives. It has personal contacts, important account information, and perhaps even sensitive content stored on it. They’re also constantly in our hands, having become major or minor addictions for many.  On computers it’s common to have security programs like firewalls that help protect online information, but security precautions are less common on our phones.Should we be more worried about mobile security? Today’s infographic shows results from a survey asking respondents how concerned they are with mobile phone safety and how much they care about convenience when it comes to mobile purchases.

Do you have a pass code on your lock screen? If you do, you are with the majority of people. 90% of respondents said they have a pass code, while only 10% said they don’t, so it seems like most people at least want to protect their phones from anyone who would try to break in via physical means.

Does anyone care about phone hacking through the internet? Data breaches have gotten bigger and spread to larger companies in the last decade.  But the consensus seems to be no, at least when it comes to online purchasing. Maybe it is because people trust most online retailers not to steal information, but nonetheless, 66% of respondents said they don’t think of internet security before purchasing online.

Despite the relaxed attitude towards mobile phone security, there is a substantial amount of information at stake. Most people use either credit card or PayPal to pay for online purchases, accounts which could be liable for more than we’d like to risk.

What do you think about mobile security? Would you rather have easy one-tap purchases at the cost of security, or would you have to jump through more hoops when buying things to make sure your information is protected?

By Tony

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2018, 08:47:20 AM »
Is Your Social Media Strategy Profitable?

Being active in social media is a no-brainer for most businesses nowadays. But are you really doing it right?

The first step towards a successful social media campaign is a market study. Your company should know not only what your competitors are doing these days, but also what social media platforms their audience is using.

Pinterest can be great for promoting interesting visual campaigns, and lousy for video. Facebook can be a great basic tool, but Twitter’s inherent speed might be better for your brand… if your target audience isn’t on the same platform, regardless of your campaign’s quality, they won’t find you!

The next big thing is having a detailed plan: this should include your goals (both financial and social) in clear numbers. Whether is clicks per ad, newsletter signups or hashtag uses, be clear on what you want to have in the end so you tailor the campaign for success.

This plan should also include how you will measure the campaign’s metrics in order to make projections and improvements. Maybe the first time or two isn’t a huge hit, but social media is all about trial and error, and we can learn so much from every setback! Check out today’s infographic for a quick and easy guide to measuring your social media success in a pinch.

By Emily

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2018, 09:07:40 AM »
This is Where Augmented Reality Is Headed

If you think augmented reality is something reserved for Pokemon Go and the like, you might be in for a surprise. Most consumers are exposed to AR every day!

Snapchat and Instagram actually integrate augmented reality into their software, without specifically calling it that way. Those pretty filters you use to spam friends and family? Yep, Augmented reality in all its glory.

Most people started recognizing the possibilities of AR with the huge success of PokemonGo, which had millions of people running around the world trying to catch ‘em all, but the truth is companies and businesses have used AR to their advantage for years.

In fact, augmented reality is here to stay: from Ikea’s new software that allows you to actually picture the furniture inside your home, to smart glasses fit for a spy, in a couple of decades there will be no going back.

Nevertheless, to be truly integrated into our life, augmented reality needs to overcome some hefty obstacles.

For one, improving the ergonomics of it all. Wearable AR technology involves using bulky equipment and having access to an internet connection, that won’t go away even as you move. This means that for everyday life, it isn’t a very reliable technology, much less for people living outside heavily industrialized countries.  All the same, the expansion of this technology comes with tremendous potential. 

By Emily