Author Topic: Manjapai  (Read 888 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Manjapai
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:48:01 PM »
Manjapai Movie Preview

Cast:    Vimal, Lakshmi Menon, Rajkiran, Anu Anand, Ashvin Raja
Direction:    Naveen Raghavan
Production:    N. Subash Chandrabose, A. Sargunam, Nandha Kumar
Music:    M Ghibran

Neat comic entertainers have are close to all kinds of film buffs. Here comes a film of that ilk from the Thirrupathi Brothers, the production house that has been churning out commercially successful and critically acclaimed ventures for the past few years.

‘Manjapai’ directed by debutante Naveen Raghavan a former assistant of Sarkunam a director whose second film received a national award. Apart from mentoring the director of this flick, Sarkunam has gone the extra mile to launch his production banner A Sarkunam Cinemas to fund his former accomplice’s debut directorial venture along with a popular banner Thirrupathi Brothers. Sarkunam has displayed his wit as well social consciousness in his films like ‘Kalavani’ and ‘Vaagai Sooda Vaa’. Naveen has followed his mentor in selecting a comedy subject for his debut film and we can expect him to deliver the same kind of results.

Vemal who has become a household name with his performance in rural based comedy flicks plays the lead character Tamil while Lakshmi Menon who has acquired the ‘lucky girl’ tag by acting in back to back hit film coming under various genres acts as the lead heroine Karthika Menon a city based director. Both Vemal and Lakshmi Menon have carved a niche for themselves in the film industry and their first time pairing up will certainly add up an attraction for the film.

Veteran actor Rajkiran who was last film in Tamil was the 2011 Dhanush starrer ‘Venghai’ makes a comeback with this film playing Vemal’s grandfather hailing from a village. The combination scenes between the two are expected to rock the screens with rollicking comedy.

Music of N.R.Raghunandan who has given superhit songs in ‘Neerparavai’ and ‘Sundarapandian’ will be another big plus for the film. The initial choice for the composer was Ghibran who backed out later. The songs that have been released recently have proved that the makers’ have got an apt replacement.

‘Manjapai’ that will be hitting the screens on June 6 will be the best bet for those who seek to enjoy their weekend with some pure, unadultered entertainment.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Manjapai
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:46:22 AM »
Raj Kiran is a diehard fan of MGR in 'Manja Pai'

Raj Kiran is playing Vimal’s grandfather in debutant director Raghavan’s Manja Pai. The film has Vimal and Lakshmi Menon in the lead and is being jointly produced by Sargunam Cinemas and Thirrupathy Brothers.

In the film Raj Kiran plays a crazy MGR fan who comes from a village to a town. The story is about the bond shared by Raj Kiran and his grandson played by Vimal.  In real life too Raj Kiran admires MGR.

Debutant director Raghavan says he has taken a leaf from his personal life as his grandfather who grew up on cinema in the 50 & 60’s was an ardent admirer of MGR. And whenever he comes to Chennai he used to insist the family visit the MGR Samadhi on Marina.

Manja Pai is gearing up for release on June 6, and Thirrupathy Brothers is marketing it aggressively.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:08 AM »
Good buzz on 'Manja Pai' releasing on 6th

There is a good buzz around Thirrupathi Brothers Manja Pai starring Vimal, Lakshmi Menon and Raj Kiran. The film is gearing up for release this Friday June 6. The advance booking for the film is encouraging.

Debutant director N Raghavan explores the bonding between  grandfather and grandson in the film with played by Raj Kiran and Vimal respectively.

NR Raghunanthan has composed music for the movie.

The fresh pairing of Vimal and Lakshmi Menon is an added attraction to the movie. Lakshmi Menon has a good reach among female audience in Tamil Nadu.

Director Naveen Raghavan has explored relationship in the backdrop of fast paced life of Chennai City. Vimal plays a village guy who becomes an IT professional and falls in love with a city based dental college student Lakshmi Menon.

Raghavan says : “ Manja Pai has all the ingredients of family entertainer with sentiments, comedy, romance and action.”

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 11:18:26 AM »
It's family chemistry in Manja Pai: Vimal

Vimal, Raj Kiran and Lakshmi Menon starrer  Manja Pai  produced by Thirrupathi Brothers is releasing tomorrow – June 6th.

In an exclusive chat, its lead actor Vimal talks about the movie...

Manja Pai.
First and foremost, Manja Pai is the most important movie in my career. From kids to senior citizens, they can go watch Manja Pai without worrying about any scenes. It’s a clean, family entertainer.

Your role.
Manja Pai  talks about the bonding of a grandfather and his grandson. I play the grandson role and veteran actor  Raj Kiran plays my grand dad. After Poovey Poochadava which was about the bonding between a grandmother and granddaughter, we are going to have a similar movie in Tamil. The movie has everything: Love, Comedy etc.

Manja Pai

Working with senior actor Raj Kiran.
Raj Kiran has succeeded in several fields in the movie industry whether acting, production, distribution and direction.  Only few people have seen the kind of success he has seen. I consider myself lucky to work with him. We became good friends and used to call him Thaatha in the sets. He used to call me Peraandi.

Lakshmi Menon.
Lakshmi Menon plays an eye doctor in the movie. She is very apt for the role and she fit the role to a T. She has done an excellent job in the movie – whether in scenes with me or with Raj Kiran Sir.

Music.
Music Director SR Raghunanthan has composed songs very well. In particular, the BGM is awesome. I watched the movie with and without BGM. I can tell you his BGM has enhanced the movie by 200%

Dir. Raghavan
I worked with Raghavan when he assisted Dir. Sargunam in Kalavaani and Vaagai Sooda Vaa. His work style is very fast paced. When Dir Sargunam asked me to hear his story, I was very impressed. The whole project fell into place in just one week.

Producers
Thirrupathi Brothers is a prestigious banner. In today’s world, promotions play an important role and they are a master at it. Dir Lingusamy Sir and his brother Subhash Chandra Bose are very good people to work with. Dir Sargunam and his brother have done production supervision.

The crew.
We are introducing Editor Deva. He also worked as a Co-Director in the movie and it has really helped. DOP Masani used to assist Cameraman Panner Selvam. He has done a brilliant job. Finally, we (both the cast and crew) worked as a family while shooting the film. Our “Family Chemistry” is there for all you to see in this Family Entertainer – “Manja Pai”.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 11:24:23 AM »
Manjapai Movie Trailer

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »
Manja Pai Movie Reviewl

Director: Ragavan
Cast: Raj Kiran, Vemal, Lakshmi Menon

Simplistic and sincere, Manja Pai has an old-fashioned plot and characters. It's got its heart in the right place, but sometimes that's not enough entertainment for today’s audience.

The film starts by establishing shots of a close bond between a grandfather (Raj Kiran) who raises his grandson Tamil (Vemal) single handedly in a village and cut to 25 years later the boy is working in an IT company, Chennai staying in an upmarket posh apartment. Tamil meets Karthika( Lakshmi Menon) a medical student at a traffic signal and it is love-at-first-sight for him. He follows her and in no time she reciprocates.

Tamil is now selected to go to US in three months and he brings his thatha (granddad) to the city to spend quality time before he leaves. The rest of the film is how the old man with a heart of gold creates havoc and nuisance in the life of Tamil, residents of the residential apartment and even in the American consulate! But all his good intentions get noticed in the end.

The film is too formulaic to make a hard-hitting statement that people in villages are naive, helpful and their love unconditional. But does all this apply to people of this generation or even the so-called villages? A man who doesn’t know the difference between a lap top and a bread toaster or one who takes a bath and washes clothes in a fountain is hard to digest! And why should he go and protest in front of US consulate as they have an American flag?

Well, it may not appeal to everyone but because it's well-intentioned and settles for a hopeful message, you stay with the film despite the fact that it's never quite compelling.

Of the cast Raj Kiran who seem to exist in a world far away from the one many of us occupy is apt and he plunges sincerely into the central role. Vemel is adequate while Lakshmi Menon has very little to do in a stereotypical part.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »
'Manja Pai' has a strong message: Raj Kiranl

Actor Raj Kiran who plays the all-important role of Thatha in Manja Pai talks exclusively about his working experience in the movie.

Nowadays, you rarely act in movies. May be one movie in a year or so. What made you accept Manja Pai?
Cinema is a powerful medium, by which we can easily reach the masses. When I do movies, there should be a good message for the society. I don’t want to do run of the mill movies. In today’s society, there is not much respect for the elders. Manja Pai talks about the bond between a grandfather and his grandson. Manja Pai will be an eye opener for today’s youth to respect elders. I hope more people make movies with good messages to the society. There is a good audience for it.

Your chemistry with your onscreen grandson?
Before working in the movie, I haven’t met Vimal. By looking at his movies, I thought he must be an innocent guy. When I met him during the first day of the shoot, I realized my instinct was right. We had a real Grandfather – Grandson relationship while working in this movie. In fact, the entire unit used to call me Grandpa.

How was it working with Lakshmi Menon?
Lakshmi is also an innocent girl. She has no trappings of a movie star. Very down to earth girl. I really liked how our three roles were written in the script.

How do you find Director Raghavan - who is making his directorial debut in Manja Pai?
Raghavan used to assist Sargunam. I find him to be very hard working. Till he is completely satisfied with the output, he won’t leave you. He is a tough task master.

How about the Producers, Thirrupathi Brothers.
Both  Lingusamy and his brother Bose have the highest respect for me. If you watched Sanda Kozhi, you can see how Dir. Lingusamy projects me in each and every scene. When I told them that I really liked the script of Manja Pai, they jumped on as producers along with Dir. Sargunam to produce the movie.

How about the Songs in Manja Pai. In your movies, songs were very popular.
Yes. Isaignani created magic in my movies. After listening to the songs and watching the movie with BGM, I was very impressed with NR Raghunanthan’s work. He reminded me of Isai Gnani. Also Kavingar Yuga Bharathi has penned wonderful songs. One more thing about Manja Pai – all the supporting cast in the movie has done a fantastic job.

What about your movie – Sivappu.
Yes. It’s a good movie. Unfortunately, the producer of the movie passed away recently. The movie will release soon.

Have you signed any other new movies.
Yes. I have signed 3 new movies. It won’t be appropriate for me to talk about these movies. Let the producers and directors make the formal announcement.

Any thoughts about the current state of the Tamil movie industry.
 In those days, not many movies were made. Today, more movies are being made. Technicians who used to work one movie at a time used to concentrate a lot in that movie. Nowadays, technicians tend to work in more movies simultaneously. Hope they do justice to all their movies.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »
Manja Pai turns out to be a hit

Thirrupathy Brothers has come out with another hit. Their Vimal, Lakshmi Menon and Raj Kiran starrer Manja Pai is turning out to be a hit.

The Raghavan directed family entertainer has netted Rs 1.55 Crore on its opening day (June 6).

The producers through a press release has announced that Manja Pai "first day collection has equaled 70% of Kochadaiiyaan`s first day collection Tamil Nadu! It is Vimal`s best ever opening."

Manja Pai talks about the relationship between a grandfather and grandson. The film produced by Thirrupathi Brothers` Lingusamy and Subash Chandrabose,  is doing very good business, especially in B & C stations.