Author Topic: 24  (Read 2194 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:42:02 PM »
Suriya's 24 audio launched!

The most anticipated audio  of Suriya's 24 was launched on April 11 at a popular cineplex in Chennai.

Speaking at the audio launch, Suriya's dad Sivakumar was in full praise for his son. "All through his life, Suriya was quiet. Once K Balachander gave me a title 'Silent Sakalakala Vallavan' but it's only apt for Suriya", says Sivakumar.

Veteran lyricist Vairamuthu said :"During the last days of his life, Nagesh told Kamal Haasan that he won't live for 100 years as he had worked with several foolish people but Suriya always prefers to rope in an intelligent team".

Vairamuthu said that AR Rahman is reinventing himself again and again that his two songs never sound the same. " On seeing Vikram Kumar's work on big screen, I can feel the massive effort put in by the team", added Vairamuthu.

Suriya was very honest in his speech, the actor said "My request to all fans is that you people should only support  good films and reject bad movies, this includes my projects as well".

"Vikram Kumar had narrated the story of 24 for nearly 4.5 hours and I gave a standing ovation. Even AR Rahman told me that it will be a very ambitious film", added Suriya.

Talking about his heroines, Suriya said "Samantha's presence can be felt easily that all our unit members would start behaving professionally once she enters the shooting spot".

" While I should opt for different makeup and hairstyles for my roles, Nithya gets into her character with great ease. Jo too told me that Nithya's addition is a great strength to the movie", added Suriya.

Earlier the team screened making videos and the brand new trailer of the film. By evening, audio launch of the Telugu version of '24' will be happening in Hyderabad.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: 24
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 11:49:21 PM »
24- Audio review

Cast: Surya, Samantha, Nithya Menon, Saranya Ponvannan
Lyrics: Vairamuthu, Madhan Karky
Music: AR Rahman
Direction: Vikram Kumar

Album Analysis:

Kaalam En Kaadhali
Singers: Benny Dayal, Shashwat Singh, Abhay Jodhpurkar
Lyrics: Vairamuthu

Kaalam En Kaadhali, the single which got released few weeks back has the advantage of having already been on our playlists for quite some turns. This intro song has been tuned to the lyrics of Vairamuthu with the lyrics circling around the concept of time. The arrangements are heavy, percussion centric and are made foot tapping. Although the song starts off on a rather weak note, the curiosity factor has been maintained with the help of several catchy segments. The tune reaches its crescendo during the ‘Machakara’ portions and leaves a throbbing influence. The synth-laden interludes are ringtone worthy. Starts weak, sounds less impressive on the first listen but definitely grows.  Watch out for the ‘Aatral Arase’ segment which forms the lyrical version of the teaser music!

My Twin Brother
Singers: Srinivasa Krishnan, Hriday Gattani
‘My Twin Brother’ has ARR showing off his English OST experiences. Ridden with chants and creepily sounding arrangements, this track is certain to be a part of the re-recording. How much of a repeat value this number holds while listening is debatable. But this track indeed provides a darker tone to the movie and sets the mood grim during its run time. The very thought of sighting a theme music in the album made me look out for the portion that sneak peeked in the teaser in vain (one helluva BGM that one!).  ‘My Twin Brother’ plays out relatively eerier to that!

Mei Nigara
Singers: Sid Sriram, Sanah Moidutty, Jonitha Gandhi
Lyrics: Madhan Karky
The Signature ARR track in the album! ‘Mei Nigara’ encompasses all the ingredients of a typical new age Rahman song. This number plays without any formulated structure and is aimed to be experimental. (Remember Theera Ula or Oru Koodai Sunlight like free flowing types). Sid Sriram continues his long association with his mentor and carries forward that midas touch. The vocal distribution is one particular specificity that caught my ears. This is that type of a song which needs to be noted not for the tune, raga or its pitching. It deserves focus for how unpredictable and fresh it is at the same time. Black Mamba’esque slow poison this!

Aararo
Singers: Shakthisree Gopalan
Probably the weakest (one that worked the least for me, I mean) track of the lot! As the title suggests, ‘Aararo’ is a pedestrian Mother-Son lullaby track. Going by how raw the accompanying acoustic guitar sounds, it looks like the song has been deliberately made with real instruments devoid of processed samples. Doesn't impact us like some of his yesteryear tracks with a similar situation ( say Chithirai Nila). Keba’s guitar work is commendable in the interludes. Simple, harmless track with no exciting takeaway.

Naan Un
Singers: Arijit Singh, Chinmayi
‘Naan Un’ is as pellucid as ARR can get! The tune is uncomplicated, rhythmic and has a pleasing attribute to it(kinda on the same lines as Tum Saath Ho). It is ironical to note that the song that is going to appeal instantly to a major chunk of people is the one that has the least ARR touch to it. The singers Arijit & Chinmayi have sung much more difficult songs than this. Considering their vocal range, this is right up their alley and they elevate the perfunctory tune to the next level.

Punnagaye
Singers: Haricharan, Shashaa Tirupati
Lyrics: Vairamuthu
Kuliruthu Kuliruthu from Taj Mahal (terrific composition that!) on steroids is ‘Punnagaye’. The anupallavi which has been churned out and reused from the aforementioned is punchy and is the silver lining of the song. Haricharan too lifts up the rather alternating tune with a power packed rendition during the ‘Adi Aathi’ portion. The charanam portions are rather disappointing with a stale tune and a fragile rendition in those segments. Strangely, the sum of good parts superseded the impact of the unimpressive, ordinary portions for me. Largely subjective track!

We must sink in the fact that the bombastic, instantly likeable ARR of the 90’s has evolved. Most of his new age compositions are cluttered, over –produced and sometimes, strange to listen during the first instance.  But it doesn't take away the fact that they grow on us as we trip on them multiple times. “Not upto ARR’s usual” is almost a redundant throwaway line in the reviews of his recent albums. The hard truth is, even a 70% firing Rahman is way better than the rest and those songs still eat up a major time in our playlists. ‘24’ delivers the bare essentials (Just escapes from being a banal album like Lingaa or Tamasha in my opinion). There is a signature Rahman song, a neat melody, a chilling theme track & the remaining tracks sound subjective. It isn't as bad an album as what it might at sound initially. Give it some time!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 11:57:06 PM »
‘24’ trailer: Splendid sci-fi thriller!

The theatrical trailer of Suriya’s ambitious sci-fi film ‘24’ is out and going by 130 seconds sleek cut, the team has dealt with an unexplored time travel concept with spellbinding production values that one can witness grandeur in each and every frame.

The trailer also reveals that Suriya plays three different roles—scientist, gangster and a watch mechanic. It is well evident that Suriya has shown great variations with his dialogue delivery and body language for all the three characters.

While the scientist character is very soft and innocent, gangster Athreya is deadly with his powerful dialogue delivery and watch mechanic Mani is lively and energetic like Deva from Ayan.

Thiru’s stellar cinematography and AR Rahman’s terrific BGM too attracts us big time.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:19:28 PM »
24 confirms a May 6 release

Studio Green has officially confirmed the release date of Suriya’s ‘24’, as May 6. The official statement from CinegGalaxy Inc, distributors of the film in USA has also confirmed that they are planning for a grand premiere on May 5 and theatrical release will be on May 6th.

Going by the trend, May 6th is the perfect date for team ‘24’as there is no big threat for them in both TN and AP/TG. Especially, there is no big release in Tollywood on May 6th and the film will have two week solid run before the mighty Brahmotsavam  starring Mahesh Babu.

Directed by Vikram Kumar, ‘24’ is a sci-fi entertainer with Suriya playing triple roles and the film also has Samantha, Nithya Menon and Saranya Ponvannan in key roles.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 10:57:49 PM »
Suriya: A film like ‘24’ will happen once in three years

Suriya is always known for his painstaking efforts and he would go any extreme to justify the character given to him. In this freewheeling chat with us, the actor opens up on why he always attempts something unique and dons the producer hat, especially for a big budget film like ‘24’.

“A project like ‘24’ will happen only once in three years. Yes, our Tamil directors have produced path-breaking films but very few of them have content for big budget and large canvas. I can definitely say that ‘24’ wouldn't be a regular Friday release and more than my film, the project belongs to Vikram Kumar. He had the script of ‘24’ with him for six years, even while narrating the story, he told me about the production design, backdrop etc,” says Suriya.

“I’ve my limitations. I’m not like Kamal sir to write and create my own films. Not just that,  Kamal sir has brought many other language directors including Singeetham Srinivasa Rao to Tamil and he never bothered about hits or flops and undeniably, he is my biggest inspiration”, smiles the actor.

Suriya has also registered an interesting point, “While playing Natchathira cricket, some of the actors were introduced to me by telling the list of films, they have acted. This is the reality and hence I prefer to do films, which stand unique. I might not have hit bull’s eye with 7aam Arivu or Maatrraan, but those stories weren't copied and they were original, they were first of its kind”, he says.

In ‘24’, Suriya plays a triple role and the actor says that Vikram Kumar has clear cut knowledge about the three characters. “I would say that Athreya is an author backed role and for Mani, I had to use all the charm. Vikram’s writing has a Malayalam slapstick comedy sense as well”, he adds.

Sometimes Suriya has to shoot for Athreya and Mani’s characters on the same day and he had to quickly switch between both the contrasting roles in ‘24’.

Yes, Suriya accept big budget films but why not act in good content oriented flicks with minimum budget. For instance, Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum was first offered to him. “Talking about Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum, haven’t watched the film yet. But Nalan himself told me that he has to make changes to bring me on board but even while watching the original, I felt that the script suits only Vijay Sethupathi”, the actor explains.

But being in a superstar status, Can Suriya really do a film like Nandha now? “See, that’s why I’ve started my own production house, 36 Vayadhinile and Pasanga 2 belongs to that category. Answering to your question— For Madras , we ensured that the budget must be less than 5cr and Karthi hasn’t got any remuneration. If we sold Madras based on Siruthai’s business, the film wouldn’t have become a profitable venture. If I want to do a film like that should control the distribution network, they shouldn't resell to other distributors  for high price or else things will only fall in our head”, the actor is crystal clear in his point of view.

Suriya and Vijay share a great bond; they have complemented each other in several award functions and TV shows, in fact both of them went to the same college. “Yes, even now we have a dedicated group among our B.com and Visual Communication batch. After watching Kaththi and Thuppakki, have messaged him saying how much I liked both the films and even Jyothika and Sangeetha are good friends”, says Suriya with his charming smile.

After ‘24’, Suriya is also excited about ‘S3’ as he says that third installment will highlight the family values and he is also in talks for a film with Trivikram Srinivas.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 09:19:35 PM »
Huge release plans for Suriya's 24 in US

CineGalaxy Inc, the US distributors of Suriya’s 24 is planning for a humongous release in their territory. As of now, the distribution house has announced that they will be releasing Tamil version of 24 in 134 screens and Telugu version in 133 screens with English subtitles.

CineGalaxy recently released Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Theri and the film has grossed more than 1 million USD in North America. We are also told the US distributors are planning for a grand premiere of 24 on May 5th and they are expecting a record collection.

Originally produced by Suriya’s 2D Entertainment, Studio Green is releasing 24 in Tamil Nadu and also in the key markets of Andhra Pradesh. Vikram Kumar of 13B fame has directed 24, which also has Samantha and Nithya Menon in pivotal roles.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 11:57:37 PM »
‘U’ certificate for Suriya’s ‘24’

Suriya’s ‘24’ has been certified with a clean ‘U’ by the regional censor board officials.

Apparently, ‘U’ certified films are eligible for tax exemption in Tamil Nadu and if team ‘24’ gets the waiver, it will be a big boost for the film at the box office. 

Produced by Suriya’s 2D Entertainment, Studio Green’s Gnanavel will be releasing ‘24’ in Tamil Nadu and he is also distributing the film in key areas of Andhra Pradesh.

Vikram Kumar has directed this sci-fi thriller, which is all set to hit the screens on May 6th. ‘24’ also has Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Nithya Menon as the two female leads.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »
AR Rahman’s special song for Suriya

At the recent game launch event of Suriya’s ‘24’, Madhan Karky has revealed that AR Rahman has composed one more bonus track for the film and it wasn’t included in the album.

Already, there is a intro number ‘Kalam En Kadhali’ is there in the film but Rahman thought that another song depicting the adventurous nature of young Suriya would be great, which resulted in the number ‘Danger Ku Hi5 Podu, Daredevil Vanam Roadu’.

Reportedly the Mani character in the film is an adventure sports buff and Madhan Karky has penned the lyrics for the particular song.

‘24’ is all set to hit the screens on May 6th.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 12:06:06 AM »
Suriya leaves for holiday, to watch ‘24’ in US!

Suriya has left for US on holiday with family and he will be watching ‘24’ première there.

The actor is planning to watch his ambitious film 24 on May 5th night with fans at an US theatre. 24’s USA distributor CineGalaxy is planning to release the film in more than 260 screens, which also includes both Tamil and Telugu version. 

Directed by Vikram Kumar, 24 is said to be a sci-fi entertainer with time travel being the core concept.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 02:03:45 PM »
Gossips Of How Surya Treated Samantha During 24 Movie Shoot

Surya is known for his loving bubbly character, this is how he treated Samantha during the 24 movies shoot:

Samantha speaks her heart out!!!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 09:17:24 PM »
Record overseas screen count for Suriya’s ‘24’

Suriya’s ‘24’ will be releasing in more than 650 screens worldwide, thus making it as the biggest ever overseas release for a Tamil film. In USA alone, ‘24’ will be releasing in 273 screens (Tamil and Telugu) and distributors in the respective countries are expecting a record opening. Reportedly Suriya and his wife Jyothika will be watching the premiere of ‘24’ on May 5th at 6 PM in CineGrand Fremont, USA and after the show, they will also be interacting with the audiences.

Directed by Vikram Kumar, ‘24’ is a sci-fi entertainer with Suriya playing three roles—Scientist Sethuraman, watch mechanic Mani and gangster Athreya.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 04:04:51 PM »
24 Review

Director: Vikram Kumar
 Cast: Suriya, Samantha, Nithya Menon, Sathyan

Straight off the bat Vikram Kumar’s Suriya sci-fi film 24 is a well executed intelligent movie within the commercial format. Science fiction offers Vikram huge scope to think out-of-the-box concepts and his ingenious screenplay, makes it an enjoyable trip.

Having said that, Vikram Kumar’s ‘24’ is easily one of the best sci-fi entertainers ever made in Indian cinema, it is filled with meticulous writing and incredible creativity. Of course, here too we have doltish romantic sequences and unnecessary songs but still, ‘24’ is Indian cinema’s baby step in achieving international standards.

Sethuraman (Suriya) is a rich scientist, who is on his mission to create a time travel watch but his brother Athreya (another Suriya) is a deadly monster, whose aim is to control time and for that, he needs the device.

What happens next is a series of incidents based on Chaos theory that puts Athreya to coma and Sethuraman loses his life along with his wife Priya (Nithya Menon) but somehow manages to save the time travel watch and his infant son Mani (Suriya again) as he was handed over to Sathya Bama (Saranya Ponvannan).

26 years gone, now Mani is a happy go lucky watch mechanic and when he gets the key for the watch case, he finds out the special power of the device, which also helps him to woo Sathya (Samantha). Meanwhile, Athreya wakes up from coma to get to know about his paraplegic condition and badly wants to travel back in time to get back his youth. Can Athreya travel back to the past? Can Mani alter all the gory things that happened to his mom and dad?

The biggest strength of ‘24’ is Vikram Kumar’s whip-smart writing, the director has simplified the time travel concept in his screenplay that even a six year old kid can understand . At the same time, there are few top notch sequences that test the smartness of audiences, especially the film ends on a surprise note where everyone will be smitten by the director’s intelligence. Also, the interval block one of the best scenes in the film was a total stunner and comes as a complete surprise!

Although the romantic portions in the first half are speed breakers, in order to explain to our audiences, Vikram Kumar has no other options left but to simplify heavy concepts through comedy sequences. But all those romantic scenes and songs hamper the smooth proceedings. Some trimming is required in the first half which is almost 90 minutes.

‘24’ is undoubtedly the show reel of Suriya, the film belongs to him. Be it the innocent Sethuraman, monstrous Athreya or charmer Mani, Suriya has given his heart and soul for all the three characters. The versatility in Suriya's body language and mannerisms are huge plus for the film. Among the three characters, Athreya is a complete show stealer while Mani scores in the later part of the second half, where he equally uses brain and brawn.

Both Samantha and Nithya doesn’t have big scope in the movie, but are adequate. Samantha is good in some of the comedy scenes too. Saranya Ponvannan has once again justified that she is tailor made for lovable mother roles.

Hats off to DOP Thiru for the stunning visuals in the film. He has beautifully mixed Poland and Pune scenery to create the perfect outdoor action scenes. The production designs of the Bengali duo of Amit Ray and Subrata Chakraborty are top class especially the lab scenes shown in the beginning. Wish Prawin Pudi would have trimmed the film a little more.

Rahman’s songs are big plus for the film and the maestro scores well in the BGM of Athreya’s sequences, especially in the pre-climax portion.

Overall, ‘24’ is a good attempt from Vikram Kumar and it is a must watch.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 04:09:18 PM »
Five reasons why you should watch 24

Suriya’s ambitious sci-fi entertainer ‘24’ is all set to release in record 2150 screens worldwide on May 6th. Here lists out five reasons to watch the film on big screen…

A unique attempt
 ‘24’ is definitely going to be a unique attempt in Tamil cinema. Though we had Indru Netru Naalai—a  time travel film, ‘24’ will get better reach and with a leading actor like Suriya , this film will surely inspire filmmakers to attempt out of the box concepts.  Hopefully, a big success for ‘24’ will also encourage producers to spend their money on ambitious projects.

Suriya in triple role
For the first time in his career, Suriya plays triple role in ‘24’. After playing dual role in films like Vel, Perazhagan, 7aam Arivu and Maattrraan, Suriya was very much sceptical in playing multiple roles but after listening to the script of ‘24’, he was excited to portray the villainy Athreya character and he himself has revealed to us in an earlier interaction. Other than Athreya, the film also has Suriya as an innocent scientist Sethuraman and in the present portions, he plays a watch mechanic Mani.

Vikram Kumar’s intelligent filmmaking
Vikram Kumar’s films always have interesting concepts and tight screenplay testing the intelligence of the audiences. His 13B revived the horror genre in Tamil cinema, his last film Manam was a blockbuster in Tollywood, where the director has given a fresh feel to the age old reincarnation angle. In our previous interaction, Vikram has said that the script of ‘24’ was with him for more than six years and it is his dream project.

AR Rahman’s big thumbs up
AR Rahman is pretty much excited about ‘24’ as he feels that the film is an ambitious attempt and has given a completely different music comparing to his earlier films. Sources say that AR Rahman’s background score is going to be a big strength for the film and already the song ‘Mei Nigara’ is turning out to be a chartbuster.

Two beautiful divas
‘24’ has beautiful divas—Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Nithya Menon, who are the current heart throbs for youngsters in both Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh as they have  crazy fan following in both the states. Although the film doesn’t have combination scene between Samantha and Nithya ,sources say that are not playing typical glam dolls and have important scope in the flow of the screenplay.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »
Suriya’s ‘24’ opens well

Suriya’s ‘24’ has opened with positive reviews and the film has secured a good opening. In TN, sources say that the film has grossed 5.5cr (approx) and it is also doing phenomenal business in USA.

Considering the premiere and Friday collections, ‘24’ has minted 420k $ in North America. We also hear that 24’s Telugu version in Andhra Pradesh/Telangana is higher than Tamil version, which is indeed has shown Suriya’s strong market in Tollywood.

As the film involves huge budget, the weekend and first week collections are crucial and the makers believe that positive word of mouth will bring more crowd.

Meanwhile, producers of '24' have trimmed the film by nine minutes and the new version said to racier than the original cut.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 10:20:45 PM »
One Million USD for Suriya’s ‘24’

Suryia’s ‘24’ has joined the prestigious one million dollar club in USA and the interesting fact is that the film has crossed the magical figure within three days along with its Thursday premiere.

Distributed by CineGalaxy Inc, the film’s Tamil and Telugu versions are holding extremely well that they have equally contributed to the one million mark.

Meanwhile, Suriya is overwhelmed with the positive accolades pouring in for him and ‘24’ team. The actor has sent a thanking note for all the appreciation for his film.

Following is the actor’s message…

Dear Friends, Truly elated to receive all the love & appreciation that's been coming our way for 24.

It is big step for a 2 film old company like 2D Entertainment to take up such a massive production. This film is a simple narrative of a fantasy subject of Time Travel - Vikram Kumar had done his homework in advance and the scenes explaining the Watch & what all it does have hit the right notes with the audience.

I thank my co stars, technicians and production team who have made every scene come together for the film to work so well as a whole!

As an actor it feels immensely good when I'm appreciated for not one but all the three roles I took up in this film. I genuinely thank each one of you who've loved this film - like our director Vikram Kumar keeps saying.. We made a film from our hearts for you and now we are truly humbled when we are showered with all your love & applause that you are giving me & Team 24.

Thank you ! Love n respect, SURIYA