Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: Lingaa
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »
Lingaa-Promotions in full swing

Rajinikanth’s Lingaa is being marketed as a trilingual film in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi for an all India market. The producers of the film made it a point to release all three Lingaa trailer versions on the audio day release.

Meanwhile the Tamil trailer has already crossed 1Million views. Telugu and Hindi trailers are also raking up lot of views on You Tube. And team Lingaa  released a video teaser of the popular song “Mona Mona Gasolina...” on you tube. The song features Superstar Rajinikanth and Anushka. The song’s promo video went viral in a few minutes.

Looks like Eros is approaching the promotions of Lingaa in a methodical way and more goodies are expected in the coming days. The movie’s post-production is going on in a war footing and the movie is expected to go to censors soon and will release for Superstar Birthday on Dec 12.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
'Lingaa' will be a double 'Padayappa', says Shankar

At the recent audio launch of Lingaa, Shankar spoke really high about the film and its crew.

Shankar said “People who worked in Lingaa told me that the film will be a double Padayappa and I also heard that the film has already surpassed Endhiran’s business, which is possible only because of Rajinikanth”.

Shankar added “The visuals of Lingaa have reminded me the Rajinikanth whom we all saw in Sivaji and I should seriously learn about how to quickly complete a film from KS Ravikumar”.

Produced by Rockline Venkatesh, Lingaa has Rajinikanth, Sonakshi Sinha, Anushka, Santhanam and many others to its star cast. Lingaa is slated for December 12 release.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »
'Lingaa' to release in more than 200 screens in USA

Classic Entertainments, a prominent distributor has acquired the  USA distribution rights of Superstar Rajinikanth’s Lingaa  for a whooping price. According to the distributor’s official statement, they are planning to release the film in more than 200 screens in USA.

As IMAX and Dolby Atmos are the booming technologies in western countries, the distributors are planning to release Lingaa in screens featuring both these technologies.

It's worth mentioning that Rajinikanth’s Endhiran is the highest grosser for a Tamil film in USA and his another film Sivaji is the second highest grosser in USA.

Classic Entertainments have confirmed that the film will be released on December 12.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 08:57:11 PM »
'Mona Gasolina' in 'Lingaa' is an instant hit

Yesterday, the makers of Lingaa have released the video teaser of Mona Gasolina...from Lingaa which went on to become a viral in social networking sites.  Sources say that the number is a concept based song where Rajini will appear in three different get-ups namely, Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, Robin Hood and a hacker.

The video teaser of Mona Gasolina... has already clocked in more than one lakh views within 24 hours. Music listeners say that the high pitch vocals of Mano, along with the trendy singing of Tanvi Shah and Neeti Mohan together made it as a chartbuster.

Madhan Karky who has written the lyrics tweeted “Mona Gasolina... is a song about how a girl steals the heart of a thief told with three short stories: Pirate, Robin Hood and hacker “.

Karky is already known for penning concept based songs like Asku Laska.. which conveys the romance between a Doctor and an Engineer,  Irumbiley..  which conveys the Robo’s point of view on love and its romantic experience,  also the Antarctica.. number in Thuppakki where he wrote the song based on how an army officer would express his love .

It is worth mentioning that Vikram has already sported different get-ups for a song in Rajapattai and Rajini himself has the penchant for sporting different makeovers in his films, especially the trendy makeovers in the ‘Style’ song in Sivaji was quite popular among his fans.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »
Who saved Rajini’s life in a tragic accident

One of the most ambitious project of the year is hardly a month from its release. Music album of the movie, composed by AR Rahman, was launched yesterday at a grand event. The programme was filled with moments to take snippets from. And one such was the pregnant pause in KS Ravikumar’s speech, followed by his silent tears.

They say it takes a lot to make others smile; but it takes a lot more to have someone cry for you. Jawahar drove the entire ‘Lingaa’ team emotional with his real life stunt. “We were to shoot a scene along a train, in the rain, where Rajini would walk. We had everything ready – a train artificial rain setting and a Jimmy jib to capture it all” Ravikumar begins to narrate what happened. “Just as we started rolling, the skies rolled and it really started pouring. This cuts a few electrical lines in the shooting set. Not having noticed that, and not turning an ear to the commotion on the other side, I simply urged to get the shot done with. But what had actually happened is that Jawahar, who was handling the Jimmy got electrocuted and thrown away to a distance. Rajini did not notice the cut wires too. As the conductive crane approached Rajini, Jawahar did not think twice about his condition or putting his life at stake to electricity again. He jumped up and leaped forward to remove the crane from the way, with his bare hands. Jawahar did not let the fear of shock affect his mind.” Saying this, Ravikumar was moved to tears, reminiscing Jawahar’s heroism. After a pause, the director proceeded to thank Jawahar and the rest of the team.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2014, 09:11:29 PM »
Rajinikanth as Lord Tirupathi Balaji?

Superstar Rajinkanth’s ‘Lingaa’ trailer got released yesterday and it carries the signature style of vintage Rajini. The movie has been produced by Rockline Venkatesh and EROS International has taken the distribution rights across the world. The trailer features Rajini’s face as Lord Balaji in the title cards and one can notice the similarity by pausing the video for a moment, when the title card starts to roll.

‘Lingaa’ has been completed within 6 months and the team is working on the CG portions to get the movie, on time for Rajini’s birthday. Rajini will be seen in dual roles while Anushka & Sonakshi are paired opposite to Superstar for the first time. Directed by K.S.Ravikumar, the movie’s story has been penned by, Pon Kumaran.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:13:56 PM by MysteRy »

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2014, 09:20:57 PM »
Key takeaways from ‘Lingaa’ audio launch

Santhanam: I was worried about what to talk, if others speak everything ahead of me. Well, more than an actor, Superstar is my spiritual guru. Only he can finish a massive movie like ‘Lingaa’ in such a short time and I thank all the people who suggested my name to be a part of this magnum opus.

Vijayakumar: Rajini & I share 3+ decades of memories and friendship. ‘Lingaa’ is a special movie, which talks about unity, water scarcity, and patriotism.

Vairamuthu: No one can guess Rajini’s mind and I can proudly say that, I’m the one who travelled with Rajini all these years like Vaali and Kanndasan for M.G.R. No one can force him to test the waters in politics.

K.S. Ravikumar: Let me conclude ‘vote of thanks’ now itself, because, I know, no one will be around once Rajini completes his speech. It was a conscious decision about not to open up about the movie before it completes and I’m sorry for not accepting calls from the media people. I’m all done with the movie and we can talk now.

Rajinikanth: I was worried whether I can be as active as I used to be post my illness and thank god; here I’m standing in front of you with glorious energy levels. There’s been so much speculation about my entry into politics and I know that my fans are not going to accept my regular answer by raising my fingers to the almighty as an answer. I’m not sure about entering into politics as of now, but, I will definitely serve the people of TN, who has given everything to me.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2014, 09:26:10 PM »
‘Lingaa’ setting a new benchmark even before the release

Superstar’s ‘Lingaa’ is already breaking every possible record in the industry even before 4 weeks of its release. Arun Panidan, who bagged the distribution rights for the movie in U.S.A has announced that the movie will be released in more than 200 screens, which will be a brand new record for a Tamil movie.

Meanwhile, EROS International is said to have bought the movie for 165 crores and they are pretty happy with the trade so far, as the satellite rights and dubbing rights for the movie is all set to make more than 200 crores.

If the above numbers are true, then, what were we discussing about 100 crore club a few weeks ago? Rajinikanth is all set to claim the numero uno position

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2014, 08:57:32 PM »
KSR denies ‘Lingaa’ story theft

KS Ravikumar filed a defense case at the High Court last Tuesday. The case was that KSR stole the Mullaivanam 999 story which belongs to KR Raviratnam who is a serial director in a channel in Madurai. He filed a case saying Lingaa is his story and should therefore be banned from release.

And to this, the Lingaa director, said, “Just because Lingaa has the Mullai Periyaar issue in it doesn’t mean it belongs to him. How can someone assume the story of the film with just a trailer? I deny the theft. The person who wrote Lingaa registered the story in December 2010 itself. Nobody can own history and stories that come with it.”

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »
My role is a unique one in ‘Lingaa’ – Sonakshi Sinha

In a recent interview, Superstar’s new heroine opened up on her role in ‘Lingaa’. “I have done something which I haven’t done so far in my career for ‘Lingaa’. I play the role of a shepherd and the timeline is set in the pre-independence era. I was unsure whether I can do justice to the role, but, I’m very happy by looking at the end result. I believe ‘Lingaa’ will give me a glittering entry to the South Indian cinema.” – Says Sonakshi.

She adds that she had seen many movies of Suriya and can offer, call sheet for free provided if the content is really good. Sonakshi will be playing the lead role in Murugadoss’s next, which is a remake of Arulnithi’s ‘Mouna Guru’.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »
Guess the salary of Rajinikanth for ‘Lingaa’

Well, nothing is official. But, there won’t be smoke without fire. Yes, we are talking about the latest rumor which is doing the rounds, which is Rajinikanth’s salary for ‘Lingaa’. A few reports claim that he has been paid 60 crores as remuneration for the movie and the pre-release business for the movie has crossed 165 crores, which includes the satellite rights and international deals.

Lingaa’s teaser, trailer, and songs have already broken all the records and raising the bar to another level, which seems to be broken only by another Rajinikanth’s movie. Directed by, K.S. Ravikumar, the movie has Anushka, Sonakshi, Santhanam, Karunakaran, and many more. Rathnavelu has cranked the camera and A.R. Rahman has scored the music.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2014, 01:49:24 PM »
'Lingaa' is ready for censor

Superstar Rajinikanth’s KS Ravikumar directed Lingaa is in the final stages of post-production. The  CG and DI work is going on as Ravikumar is fighting against time to get it ready for release.

Now the latest we hear is that Lingaa will be going to the censors on Monday, November 24. Once the censor process is over, the business deals of the film will be finalised by the end of the month. There are many parties waiting to buy the theatrical rights of the film.

Lingaa is on track for release on Superstar’s birthday on December 12. It will be released in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, all three versions trailer has been released. The film in three languages will easily clock nearly 3000 screens worldwide.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2014, 01:56:12 PM »
EROS to let ‘Lingaa’ go?

We have reported that Eros International has bagged the rights of ‘Lingaa’ for a whopping sum and now Vendhar movies are trying their best to buy the rights from Eros for TN release. Insiders say that Vendhar movies has quoted a record price for the movie and Eros might sign the dotted line to gain profit without shedding a sweat.

With the songs and trailer have already made the biggest impact, the fans are waiting for the official release date for the producers. ‘Lingaa’ is getting ready to break all the records in the first weekend itself and the trade people are speculating that Superstar might inaugurate 200+ crore club in Tamil cinema with ‘Lingaa’.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
Team ‘Lingaa’ to face scissors

Team ‘Lingaa’ is presenting their movie on 24th of this month to CBFC and one can expect a clean U for the Rajinkanth starrer. So, this has almost confirmed that the movie has been ready and one can expect the movie to release for Superstar’s birthday. On the other hand,  ‘Kaththi’ went to CBFC board without a BGM and Anirudh locked the musical score 5 days prior to the movie’s release.

The makers are looking forward for tax exemption in addition to the  U certificate, so that they can gain maximum profit in the first weekend itself. A.R. Rahman’s ‘Mona Gasolina’ had made it to the charts and other songs are slowly catching up. Directed by K.S. Ravikumar, the movie has Sonakshi and Anushka as the female leads.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »
Sonakshi as Bharathi in ‘Lingaa’

Sonakshi is a leading actress in Bollywood now. She is making her debut in Kollywood with Rajnikanth’s Lingaa. When asked about her experience in working for the film, Sonakshi spoke of it in a recent interview.

“I always wanted to act in the South,but I never dreamt I’d get an opportunity to act in a Rajni film. I was very excited and nervous the first time I saw him at the sets of Lingaa. But all he said was, “You are my friend’s daughter  so I’m more nervous than you.” My character is named Bharathi in Lingaa and I am a sheperd who rides around in Bullock carts. I was hesitant at first as I thought I wouldn’t fit in the role but it ended well,” said Sonakshi.