Author Topic: Thanga Magan  (Read 1135 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Thanga Magan
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »
'Thanga Magan' audio review

Cast: Dhanush, Samantha, Amy Jackson, Sathish
Music: Anirudh Ravichander
Lyrics: Dhanush
Direction: Velraj

Album Analysis:

Oh Oh
Singers: Dhanush, Nikitha Gandhi
‘Oh Oh’ sounds amazingly fresh & breezy right from the word go. The first instance leaves us a bit puzzled initially as Dhanush sounds different (read autotune). As the song progresses, his rendition enters a new domain & is the surprise package. Special mention to Nikitha Gandhi’s vocals as well which suits Amy Jackson (supposedly) fantastically.

Tak Bak
Singers: Anirudh Ravichander
Signature Anirudh track! ‘Tak Bak’ bubbles over with energetic singing and a zingy tune. The song has a bit of jazz and a bit of rock 'n' roll steamrolled with quirky lyrics. The tune is foot tapping right from the word go. Pick of the album for me!

Enna Solla
Singers: Shwetha Mohan
‘Enna Solla’ is the quintessential female melody in the album. Shwetha Mohan aces the rendition while Anirudh breeds familiarity with the interludes & at places, arrangements too. Although sounding like a hybrid of ‘3’ & ‘Vanakkam Chennai’, the song leaves a good impression after the first listen.

Jodi Nilave
Singers: Dhanush, Shwetha Mohan
Absolute peach of a composition! ‘Jodi Nilave’ has a good old Ilayaraja nostalgia riding to the tune which is made soothing, thanks to the absence of any loud instrumentation. The accompanying piano works wonders with the gloomy mood of the song. Dhanush’s rendition is probably an extension of what he sang in ‘Po Indru Neeyaga’. Haunting stuff!

On the whole, ‘Thanga Magan’ is a short & neat album with all the songs sticking to the territory of melodies. The entire album is breezy & leaves the listeners in a feel good space.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Thanga Magan
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 04:34:25 PM »
'Thanga Magan' trailer - Packaged family entertainer!

The theatrical trailer of Dhanush's Thanga Magan is out and it has been packaged with romance, comedy, songs, family sentiments, a twist, punch dialogues, action and the underdog turning into an action hero.

In short, the perfect formula for attracting mass and lady audiences - Dhanush sure knows the pulse of the audiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DYWEC_Rfy0&feature=youtu.be

The trailer has combination scenes of Dhanush with the film's two heroines, Amy Jackson (lover)and Samantha (wife). While Amy's portions are bubbly and cute, Samantha's portions have the intimate romance.

Just like VIP, the trailer gives a glimpse of solid action block and punch dialogues, which are likely to enthrall the die-hard fans of Dhanush. Directed by Velraj, Thanga Magan is all set for release on December 18.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:22:01 PM »
'Thanga Magan' censored with clean ‘U’

Dhanush’s Thanga Magan has been censored with a clean ‘U’ certificate and the now, the makers have officially confirmed the release date as December 18.

“#thangamagan censored with clean "U" .. December 18 release”, wrote Dhanush on Twitter, who is also co-producing the film along with Madurai Anbuchezhiyan.

Directed by Velraj of Velai Illa Pattadhari fame, Thanga Magan is touted to be a family entertainer deals about a middle class man’s life and how he comes up in life. The film has two heroines, Samantha and Amy Jackson along with KS Ravikumar and Raadhika, who will be seen as Dhanush’s parents.

Anirudh Ravichander has scored the music for the film and the songs are topping the charts.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 06:56:41 PM »
Amy Jackson: 'Thanga Magan' is a complete family entertainer

Rarely do we see girls coming from a foreign land and making a strong presence in Indian films but Amy Jackson is an exception. When heroines from North India are finding it extremely difficult to understand regional languages and are subjected to sharp criticisms for their poor lip-sync, Amy gets it right in all the three Indian languages—Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

The actress had brilliantly executed the Chennai dialect in Shankar’s ‘I’, of course they had someone else dubbed for her but how often do we such hard work in Kollywood?

Amy can speak few words in Tamil now and as a matter of fact, during this chat with us, she addressed the guys around as Anna (brother) to get the work done.

“I should thank Shankar sir for that. After the narration, he told that there are plenty of Tamil dialogues in the film and I was like, ‘Yea okay...can pull it off with prompting’ but he said ‘No way’. Now, here you are appreciating for my lip-sync”, gushes the actress.

Thanga Magan
Apparently Amy has worked with a tutor called Jaykumar for ‘I’, which helped in molding her Tamil skills. Unlike ‘I’, Amy’s character in Thanga Magan does not have flashy costumes and she plays an Anglo Indian girl in the film.

“Thanga Magan is a raw and real film, which is sure to satisfy all audiences. It’s a complete family entertainer and unlike ‘I’, there is no glam essence to my character in the film and will be seen only in regular costumes like—Jeans, T-shirt and Salwar kameez with minimal makeup”, says Amy.

Dhanush
Talking about her co-star Dhanush, the actress said: “Dhanush is fabulous, he is an absolute bundle of talent that his confidence makes you feel confident. On top of being my co-star, Dhanush’s Wunderbar is producing the film; he worked on the dialogues, lyrics and has also sung in Ani’s music. Also, whatever he touches turn out to be gold that the title, Thanga Magan perfectly suits him”

Amy has also thanks Andrea Jeremiah, who dubbed for her in Thanga Magan . “Andrea has done a great job and has brought so much life to the film”.

Back to back films with Samantha
 Amy shares a good rapport with Samantha, one more heroine of Thanga Magan and they are acting together in Vijay’s Theri as well.

“Samantha is a brilliant girl. She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Normally, there would be some degree of ego clash with heroines but that’s not the case with Samantha, she is very sweet and down to earth”, raves Amy .

Although there is no combination scene between Amy and Samantha in Theri, the actress hints about a particular emotional sequence between them in Thanga Magan.

Theri
“Working with Vijay is phenomenal. He is sweet, kind and is a lovely-lovely guy but when the action starts, you can see a completely different person. May be, that’s why he is a Superstar”, says Amy Jackson, who plays a Malayalee teacher in the movie.

Amy Jackson also looking forward to shake a leg with Vijay, who is known for his remarkable dancing skills, the actress says that her song in Theri will be shot in  January.

Family bonding
Amy has great love for her parents. Recently, her dad was unwell but now, he is doing fine and the actress takes care of him well by sharing her diet and fitness tips.

“Back home, I’m not an actress but my family members are arranging premieres of my movies. They love Indian movies and the songs, which are not there in Hollywood”, says Amy.

International project
Amy has an international project in the pipeline and she has recently visited UK. “Yes, there are some exciting happenings in 2016. Recently visited UK on pure business but can’t comment about it now”, says Amy.

Endhiran 2, mission possible!
We have heard about Amy Jackson playing an important role in Rajinikanth’s Endhiran 2.Here are our three questions and how, we finally get the needed answer.

So, you worked with big stars like Vikram, Dhanush, Vijay and Akshay, now we hear that you are going to work with the biggest Superstar of India?

(Laughs out loud) Well, I can’t talk about it now…

Any dream role, Amy?

I do want to play an action role, have got an opportunity in Singh is Bling…

We think there is a strong scope for action in the next film ( Endhiran 2)

(Laughs again)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 07:23:11 PM »
Thangamagan Review

Director: Velraj
Cast: Dhanush, Amy, Samantha, Raadhika

Here is a delightful film which is packaged as a neat family entertainer with commercial elements in the right proportion.

At 121:23 minutes, director Velraj delivers a clean film with textured characters and poignant moments. Thangamagan is Dhanush's best film since Velai Illa Pattadhari as it has more of a story as well as greater coherence and emotion than his last two films-Anegan and Maari.

We are introduced to the main characters straight away without any big noise, slow motion or loud music of a big-hero entry. Tamizh (Dhanush) is a carefree youngster who lives with his dad (KS Ravikumar) and mom (Raadhika). Tamizh’s best friends are Kumaran(Sathish) and cousin Aravind (Adith) and they hang out all the time until Hema D’Souza (Amy Jackson) enters the scene.

It is love-at-first sight for Tamizh but very soon a small misunderstanding separates the love birds and he gets married to Yamuna (Samantha). Tamizh’s life is complete and blissful till his dad’s suicide shatters him. Now the young man has a mission to find out the ugly truth behind his dad's suicide.

Thangamagan rests completely on Dhanush’s shoulders and he carries it to the winning post with his herculean talent. He turns on the charm in full heartthrob mode. He’s pitch-perfect as the ideal son, lover and husband. Among both the girls it is Amy Jackson who has a better role and it’s such a pleasure to see a Tamil film heroine not playing a damsel in distress. She  looks charming and doesn’t hit a false note. Without the props of glamour or song ‘n’ dance, Samantha in a homely role is impressive.

KS Ravikumar and seasoned actress Raadhika shines in their respective roles as Dhanush’s parents.  Sathish, who comes as Dhanush’s friend evokes good laughter with his funny one-liner in the first half while Adith and Jayaprakash are just adequate.

Anirudh’s BGM and songs Oh Oh.. and Jodi Nilave.. are a major plus for the movie.  Editor Rajesh Kumar has to be lauded for the crisp 121 minutes. If there are problems with the film, then  it is the slow pace and few predictable situations in the second half.

But despite these small flaws, we recommend that you see Thangamagan. It has qualities that you don't find in movies too often these days: a heart, charm and grace. It is poignant and touching. It will make you laugh and cry.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »
Five reasons why you should watch 'Thangamagan'

Dhanush’s Thangamagan is all set to release on December 18 in more than 350 screens across Tamil Nadu. Here are the five important reasons on why the film could be a hit!

Brand Dhanush: Today, ‘Dhanush’ is a brand. His films take a good opening, thanks to the solid fan base among youngsters. As a producer, Dhanush always make films in reasonable budget and with the kind of buzz that the film has generated through social media ,Thangamagan seems to be a safe venture and it could be a big hit provided the film provides wholesome entertainment.

Anirudh Ravichander:  ‘Rockstar’ Anirudh  is another hero of Thangamagan. Today, people are willing to watch movies just for Anirudh’s music and needless to say that songs are already topping the charts.

Team VIP: VIP released in 2015, was one of the most favorite films for youngsters and as Thanga Magan comes from the same team: Velraj-Dhanush-Anirudh, there is a huge expectations for the film.

Ensemble star cast: The film has ensemble of actors including Dhanush, Amy Jackson, Samantha, KS Ravikumar, Raadhika, Jayaprakash, MS Baskar and Sathish. As all these actors are known faces to family audiences, the film is sure to get good reception from them.

Great trailer and TV spots: Team Thangamagan has done amazing job with trailer and TV spots for the film. The lovely chemistry between Dhanush and the two heroines along with his family setup are superbly cut and evoke interest to watch the movie.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 07:32:42 PM »
Forget 'VIP' and watch 'Thangamagan' as a fresh film: Dhanush

Dhanush lives by his own set of rules and is constantly on a learning curve. Talent, he has in spades and today he is hot property!  His fourth and last release of 2015 Thangamagan is all set for release this Friday (Dec 18) worldwide.   The biggest USP of Dhanush is his adaptability to play both soft and tough roles to perfection.

In this exclusive interview to Sridevi Sreedhar, Dhanush opens up about Thangamagan. Excerpts:

You seem to be tensed?
Yes I am nervous, stressed out and more importantly anxious. To be precise, I have been in this industry for 15 years and seen many ups and downs. Still I am tensed before the release as though it is my first film. I do feel a certain fear and pressure inside.

Thangamagan carries a lot of expectations as it had a tag of being VIP-2?
The only similarity between VIP and Thangamagan is that director Velraj, Anirudh and me are coming together and the similarity ends there. The genre, characters and milieu is totally different. My only request is all is forget VIP and watch Thangamagan as a fresh film.

Exclusive Gallery:  Dhanush, the Thangamagan of Tamil films

The trailer has connected well with the audiences..
It is the fastest 1 Million for me and that too in 30 hours of release. I can assure that the film is a clean family entertainer, made with lot of honesty and passion.

Your combination with Anirudh has worked magic so far....
Yes. We rock as a team and Thangamagan music is extraordinary, maybe Ani’s best so far. The BGM is class apart and he is so passionate about his work.

How about your two heroines?
Samantha not only looks beautiful but her homely look and subtle acting will be noticed. So far our audiences have only seen her glam side and for the first time, she will be seen as a performer.  She is extremely talented. Amy on the other hand, is such a sincere artist, ready to give her best by taking that extra effort. She will be the surprise packet in Thangamagan.

As a person you come across as an introvert...
Hmmm (Laughs). I don’t have any friends and it has worked well for me. At a party or a function, I rather stand in a corner and observe people. I’ve been like this all my life. To be honest Anirudh is my only friend. He is a boy with a golden heart.

What is your state of mind right now?
I am in a happy zone right now. My films and production house Wunderbar Films keeps me busy. There are many good writers and film makers who need a platform to showcase their talents and it is not easy to pick the right scripts and talents.

You have given huge lift to the career of Anirudh, Sivakarthikeyan, Vijay Sethupathy , Vignesh Shivan among others through your Wunderbar films?
I am very proud of all these people you mentioned.  My executive producer Vinod is a big asset for Wunderbar and if not for him, it wouldn’t have been so successful. He is a very genuine person who is like a huge support to me.

With few hours to go, Thangamagan carries good buzz and the advance booking is encouraging. Comments
Yes the advance booking is huge. I owe a lot to Gopuram Films Anbuchezhian (Madurai Anbu) who has produced it and marketing it effectively and releasing it in 400 plus screens in Tamil Nadu through Sri Green Productions.

Will people come back to theatres after the recent floods ? And there are two big Hindi releases Baji Rao Mastani and Dilwale releasing on Friday?
After the recent floods people in Tamilnadu are slowly getting back to normal life. I am sure that the “show has to go on” (smiles) and we are going for a solid solo release. The Telugu version titled Nava Manmadhadu is having a simultaneous release in Andhra and I am sure Thangamagan will touch people’s heart. My family watched the film and they loved it. There is always an audience for Tamil film even if it is pitted against any other-language films (smiles)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
Samantha: Working with Dhanush is like going to acting school

While interacting with the media in Hyderabad, Samantha said that her character in Thangamagan has a different shade and it is the most realistic role of her career.

“Working with Dhanush is like going to an acting school. While acting, I have certain habits…for instance,used to move eyebrows a bit higher but thanks to Dhanush, have learnt something new and can use it throughout my career”, added the actress.

Dhanush, who was present at the promotional event clarified that the film is in no way related to Velai Illa Pattadhari, which was also a hit in Telugu. “The film is all about different phases of a man’s life, who is an ideal son and husband”, said Dhanush.

On his relentless hard work, Dhanush said: “Things have become very difficult. They are daily airing at least twenty films on TV so bringing people out of home is not an easy task.Also, the industry itself has become competitive hence there is no other go but to do something extraordinary”.

“People, who are more talented and good looking than me are really waiting for a chance. By God’s grace, I’ve got a place in the industry and it is consciously on my head that I shouldn’t take things for granted”, added Dhanush.

Dhanush has also said he understands the need of giving commercial hits but at the same time, he is trying to do offbeat films to satisfy the actor inside him, who is longing for performance oriented roles.

“I’m trying to find the balance between the two. Being a producer, have started easing off the pressure by funding films, which I really believe in”, concluded the actor.

Thangamagan/Nava Manmadhudu is all set to release on December 18 in both Tamil and Telugu.