Author Topic: Actress Kalpana passes away  (Read 498 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Actress Kalpana passes away
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:07:17 PM »
Actress Kalpana passes away

Actress Kalpana, who is well known for her spectacular comic roles in Malayalam, died of a massive heart attack early this morning in Hyderabad. Her sisters, Urvashi and Kalaranjini, are also noted actresses.

She was in Hyderabad to take part in a film's shooting and to attend an awards function. But when the staff of a hotel she was staying in failed to get a response from her room, they forced open the door and saw her in an unconscious state.

Kalpana was rushed to a hospital where the doctors declared her brought dead.

Kalpana made her entry into films with M T Vasudevan Nair's Manju. Her entry into Tamil happened with the Bhagyaraj movie, Chinna Veedu. She was last seen in the Dulquer Salmaan starrer Charlie.

Kalpana has won the National Award for the Best supporting actress in Thanichalla Njan.

Kalpana was known for her versatility as an actress and later she became hugely popular in humorous roles. It was actually a surprise in Malayalam, as not many actresses made their mark in that territory.

Her terrific performances in films like Peruvannapurathe Visheshangal, Dr. Pasupathy, Inspector Balram, Narayam, Gandharvam, CID Unnikrishnan BA BEd, Ishtam, Mizhi Randilum, Vismayathumbathu, Kerala Café, Indian Rupee, Spirit, ABCD and Dolphins among others will make her memories alive in the days to come.

Kalpana was married to director Anil, but the couple got separated a few years back. They have a daughter, Sreemayi.

Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes (AMMA) president and Lok Sabha member Innocent said: "We acted together in so many films... (she played) my sister, wife and what not. Even though she might be referred as a comedy artiste, I will rate her as a wonderful actor and a real spirited one too."

"I knew she had some health problems, but never knew she had a heart problem. It's a very sad day for the Malayalam film industry."

Veteran film actress Kaviyoor Ponnamma wailed when she was told of Kalpana's death.

"What's that you are saying that Kalpana is no more... No way, I just can't believe it. She was always concerned about my health and see what has happened," said Ponnamma, who has essayed a mother on screen several times.

Actress KPAC Lalitha said Kalpana will always be alive in her heart.

"She has been a very strong supporter for me in all my trials and tribulations. We used to be in regular touch, and this is heartbreaking for me," said Lalitha.

According to another of Kalpana's co-star Maniyan Pillai Raju, her body will be brought to Kerala later in the day.

Prithviraj, Priyamani and Dulquar Salman among others expressed grief over her untimely demise.

"Devastated to hear about Kalpana chechi. I've known her since I was a toddler and she would always tell me stories about my childhood. At a loss for words. When we shot the boat scene where Charlie kisses Mary, I remember her being so happy. She kept saying I would never give her kisses as a child," actor Dulquar Salman wrote in his facebook page.

"Shocked and dismayed to hear of her demise. Always the one to surprise us, with her performances, words and her wit - onscreen and offscreen. A consummate artiste - Kalpana. Rest in peace Chechi," National award-winning Malayalam director Anjali Menon wrote.