Author Topic: OK Kanmani  (Read 1498 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
OK Kanmani
« on: April 05, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
OK Kanmani-Audio review

Cast- Dulquer Salman,Nithya Menon,Kanika,Prakash Raj
Music: A.R Rahman
Lyrics: Vairamuthu,AR Rahman,Mani Ratnam,Aaryan Dinesh Kanagaratnam

A Mani Ratnam-AR Rahman musical needs no introduction. Let us see how the album has turned out:

Kaara Aatakkara
Singers: Aaryan Dinesh Kanagaratnam,Darshana,Shashaa Tirupathi
‘Kaara Aatakkara’ became familiar to the ears ever since it featured in that bubbly trailer and looked like an instant winner. Here comes the twist to the tale. The song which has an infectious hook to start off with goes on to become an extended rap by Aaryan Dinesh. And for most parts, the rap has a jaded makeover because of the lack of acoustic environment. It reaches a point where the listeners would prefer ‘Kaara Aatakkara’ to be played again instead of the ‘nama nama’ rap which seems to go on & on. In all probabilities, this track would feature as the title track (Remember ‘Magudi Magudi’ & ‘Veera Veera’ ?). Despite all its flaws, it is still infectious thanks to the pallavi.

Aye Sinamika
Singers: Karthik
‘Aye Sinamika’ is a blissful offering from ARR. Karthik delivers yet another soothing rendition supported ably by a packed guitar backing and chorus portions. There is a layer of pan flute along with the vocals near the end of the song which is bound to get noticed only after repeated listening. The breezily woven interludes deserve a mention here. Vairamuthu’s lyrics propel the song to better heights (But what does Sinamika mean?). A highly guitar driven track that sounds glossy!

Parandhu Sella Vaa
Singers: Karthik,Shashaa Tirupati
The album’s best track! ‘Parandhu Sella Vaa’ is a slow,rhythm based track on the lines of Majaa Majaa(Jillendru Oru Kaadhal) & Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu(Anbe Aaruire). ARR completely unleashes himself giving the singers a free reign to improvise as the track progresses. Both the lead singers have rendered the track in a delightful manner. With delightful pacing, no ear jarring arrangements, this track stands out as the outright winner of the album. Watchout for the ‘ah ha ah ha ah’ part which is totally addictive!

Mental Manadhil (Male)
Singers: AR Rahman,Jonita Gandhi
Hugely popular already! People have already gotten crazy about this track thanks to the promos and Rahman’s singing. ‘Mental Manadhil’ has some of the irrelevant lyrics in recent times and yet the song holds up because of the zingy tune. There are shades of ‘Highway’ in the arrangements but the tune is instantly catchy and addcitive. Chartbuster!

Mental Manadhil (Female)
Singers: Jonita Gandhi
In all probabilities, this version might feature only as a background track or during credits. Jonita Gandhi takes over the same tune and gives it her own flavor. The lyrics have been changed a bit and the voices have been autotuned. A free spirited twist to Rahman’s version!

Naane Varugiren
Singers: Shashaa Tirupati,Sathya Prakash
The first thing that the listeners would notice in ‘Naane Varugiren’ would probably be Shashaa Tirupati’s vocal adroitness. Sathya Prakash’s pitching during the interludes is remarkable. The complexity of the tune somewhat takes away the lyrics and some of the ‘jadhis’ seemed forced. This will go down as yet another slow poison of ARR which will take some time to get settled down among listeners.

Malargal Keten
Singers: Chitra,AR Rahman
It has been quite some time since Chitra sung in a Rahman composition. The duo returns with ‘Malargal Keten’ which comes across as a bit underwhelming considering the track history of the duo. The flute interludes sound amazing and fresh but the basic premise of the tune is jaded. Didn’t work for me. Might work after repeated hearing or with the visuals!

Theera Ulaa
Singers: AR Rahman,Nikitha Gandhi,Darshana
‘Theera Ulaa’ is ARR trying a Coldplay! With completely processed voices, the track’s Rahman rendition sounds almost robotically rendered (Yes, autotune). And suddenly out of nowhere, we bump into ‘Alaipayudhe Kanna’esque segment rendered by Darshana overlapping the trance backgrounds. Vairamuthu’s lyrics add great value to this track where the theme of the movie gets conveyed subtly. Works greatly on multiple listening!

Maula Wa Sallim
Singers: AR Ameen
A Qawwali in a Tamil flick! Although not an instantly ‘sing along’ type track, it has an earthy attribute to it. The way ‘Maula Wa Sallim’ is going to be placed with this film needs to be watched out.

On the whole, ‘OK Kanmani’ is an album that has tracks that didn’t amalgamate in our imaginations. Being a return to roots romance movie for Mani Ratnam, the songs were expected to be simple. But ARR has delivered some of the most complex tracks in recent times and relieves himself out of his recent debacles. Although nowhere near the combo’s previous movies (definitely nowhere near Alaipaudhey along which the movie seems to draw parallels), the songs indeed sound fresh and has an aura around them. One has to stay the team missed out delivering a knockout album by delivering few tracks that complicated themselves. It is not Rahman’s best but even a half blazing ARR is miles ahead of the rest. Now the songs have piqued our interest a lot more towards the movie.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: OK Kanmani
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 08:45:25 PM »
Mani Ratnam film gets UA, film goes to revising committee!

Mani Ratnam’s OK Kanmani, touted to be a breezy love story went to censors on April 8 and the regional censor board gave it a U/A certificate!

As the team expected ‘U’ certificate they immediately approached the revising committee who watched the film and said that the film has to go for a UA for its adult content, says our sources.

Studio Green will be releasing OK Kanmani in Tamil Nadu and they have officially announced the release date as April 17.

The film has Dulquer Salmaan, Nithya Menon, Leela Samson, Prakash Raj, Ramya Subramanian and Kaniha in its star cast.

Music is by AR Rahman and the songs are topping the charts.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 08:30:59 PM »
'O Kadhal Kanmani' shot in sync sound

After Aayutha Ezhuthu, Mani Ratnam has used the sync sound technology for his upcoming film O Kadhal Kanmani. Sync sound is a technique in which all the real sounds including the actor’s dialogue delivery are recorded while filming itself and hence there is no need for dubbing

Films like Virumandi, Ghajini (Hindi) have also used the sync-sound technique in the past. The problem with sync sound is that the actors should know the language well; interestingly Dulquer Salmaan has impressed Mani Ratnam with his Tamil fluency.

In a recent FM interview, Mani Ratnam said "Dulquer is a fantastic actor, he is energetic and bonus is that he is a Madras Paiyan hence we shot the film with sync sound".

Mani Ratnam also said that Dulquer is way different from his father  Mammootty and he got his unique style. "Throughout the entire shooting, the only time Dulquer reminded me of his dad is when he said 'Tara' ".

The maverick director also says he feels lucky for casting Nithya Menen in the film. Mani says "Only few times, on screen heroines look exactly similar to the character you wrote. Personally, I have experienced it only twice or thrice like Shalini did in Alaipayuthey".

Mani Ratnam says Nithya Menon's role in the film is bold and independent, good thing about her is she grasps things easily and brings so much life to the character".

On Alaipayuthey's resemblance with OK Kanmani, Mani Ratnam says "If you call it as Alaipayuthey -2, I won't deny it but the relationship set-up, characterizations and everything will be different".

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 08:34:33 PM »
O Kadhal Kanmani' is pure experiment, says Vairamuthu

The press meet, audio release  and  introduction of the team- O Kadhal Kanmani took place at a five-star hotel in Chennai on April 11.   The pressmeet started late by one hour and after the long wait, Mani Ratnam preferred to be tight lipped about the content of the film. It was only lyricist Vairamuthu who added some  light as he said: “OK Kanmani will create cultural tremor in the society, but the real question is who is behind this sudden shocking disturbance, is it caused by artists or the society itself?”

Vairamuthu said “People like me could create such cultural tremor through writings but screenplay experts like Mani Ratnam should invest crores of money to create such impact and most importantly his experiments must be financially viable as well”

“Ok Kanmani is a pure experiment. In another fifty years we don’t even know whether there will be an institution called ‘marriage’, globalization wave is causing massive damage to our local society and I hope people would foresee the future through the film” concluded the ace lyricist.

Mani Ratnam who ducked all questions from media said that he should have warned Viaramuthu from talking such things! Dulquer Salmaan looked all excited and he shared his working experience with Mani Ratnam by saying “I was an ordinary student at school but when I got this offer in Ok Kanmani, it was like getting into IIT or IIM”.

“Some dreams will give you a feel that you want to be in that world forever and working with the great legends in Ok Kanmani has given me similar experience. I feel like, I should work with this team forever and when the film gets released, I will be saddest person” said Dulquer.

While addressing the function, Mani Ratnam thanked his entire team for the kind support. “ Vairamuthu has explained everything as  I completely forgot to instruct him not to not reveal anything” said Mani Ratnam with his trademark humor sense.

When asked whether OK Kanmani deals about living-together, Mani Ratnam asked the media to wait for the release. On April 17, Studio Green will be releasing OK Kanmani  in more than 350 screens in Tamil Nadu

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:48:28 PM »
I'm a mainstream filmmaker, says Mani Ratnam

Mani Ratnam’s OK Kanmani is releasing on April 17 and the film has been censored with U/A certificate which is indeed unexpected because after all the movie is a feel good romantic entertainer.

In a video interview Mani Ratnam has opened up about the practical difficulties in convincing the censor board members, social media’s influence, bond with Rahman and much more.

On the Censor Board Officials

Mani Ratnam is equally puzzled on why the censor board gave U/A certificate to OK Kanmani. Mani says “I tried my level best, I tried to explain them but it didn't work and I accepted”. The director says the censor board officials have a set of rules and censored the film based on its theme and not on how it’s executed which is ridiculous and pathetic.

Mani Ratnam recalls “I remember telling censor board officials that when Mouna Ragam was released, the censor board of that time gave ‘A’ certificate because the woman in the film has asked for a divorce”

Alaipayuthey Hangover

On Alaipayuthey hangover in OK Kanmani, Mani says “The film is definitely not a sequel to Alaipayuthey as people say; it’s not an extension of Karthik or Sakthi’s characters. Here the lead characters are different, the backdrop is different and I’m sure one could see minimum fifteen years difference from Alaipayuthey (laughs)”…

Rapport with cinematographers, especially PC Sreeram

Mani Ratnam says he is not seeing PC Sreeram , Santosh Sivan as cinematographers alone they are his direction team. Mani says cinematographers are the integral part of the film, he recalls “Now we have monitors but those days, it was cinematographers who identify whether the scene came out well and by their judgment that we directors would move to the next scene”.

AR Rahman and the secret of success

Mani Ratnam calls AR Rahman as a director-friendly music composer. As a team both Mani Ratnam and AR Rahman would work each song as the only song in the film, also they don’t restrict themselves to safe bet and they take the extra-miles to experiment something new.

“Rahman is wonderful, if you push him little for a tough song, he would push himself beyond your expectations and come up with a great song” says Mani Ratnam.

Social media influence

Mani Ratnam says, the social media is tremendous and it’s a platform where the opinion gets multiplied. “Opinions are always there and today the opinions are open” said the director.

On reviews, Mani Ratnam says “It is important that I connect with people and my films reach the audience, sometimes reviews help to fill the gap”.

“Everyone is entitled to their opinions and reviews are glimpse of what audiences feel.  Normally I stay away from reviews, some of them are helpful but if you don’t agree with it then leave it” said Mani Ratnam.

Mani Ratnam says he never seen him as an art house director, he calls him as a mainstream filmmaker who is trying to make sensible films.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 10:06:59 PM »
O Kadhal Kanmani Movie Review

Director: Mani Ratnam
Cast: Dulquer Salmaan, Nitya Menen
Music: AR Rahman
Producer: Madras Talkies

Who can resist a good love story, and this one wins you over with its simple charm, immensely likeable characters, and the intrinsic humour in the writing. The real magic of this film lies in the performances of its two main leads Dulquer and Nitya.

There is so much of positivity, feel good factor and poignant moments in Mani Ratnam's O Kadhal Kanmani that the exhilarating energy begins with the title card itself, when we are introduced to the protagonist Aadhi Varadarajan (Dulquer Salmaan), who is an avid gamer.The super cool animated Mumbai city along with AR Rahman's alluring music elevates the energy to the different level.

Dulquer gets down from a train and sees the cherubic Tara (Nithya Menon) who is threatening a guy that she is going to jump in front of a train. Soon in their second meeting happens and they talk about their disbelief in the system of marriage. For them it is all about falling in love and start a live-in relationship and Mani makes this entire situation extremely believable.

There is something cute and adorable about Aadhi and Tara thanks to the comfortable chemistry that they share which translates well on screen. They just don't sizzle, but they definitely stir up some heat. Excellent characterization! The dialogues are gems. Sample- When she hesitates to be the pillion, he immediately says Na Venna un koodavey Thallitu nadanthu Varatuma  which puts a big grin on our face and in the other scene both of them decide to stay in a lodge, she asks Unaala nalla paiyen ah iruka mudiyuma' and he says 'mudiyum aana un kooda kashtam, the entire film is filled with such cute moments which is the biggest strength.

If Mani captures the young urban romance with Aadhi and Tara, the traditional aesthetic romance is conveyed through the Ganapathy (Prakash Raj) and Bhavani (Leela Samson) pair, the latter is affected by Alzheimer disease. The way Tara and Aadhi accept the traditional married life of Bhavani and Ganapathy is another poignant moment in the film, and by the way watch out for the cute climax!

Dulquer is good looking and if that's not a bonus, his screen presence and natural performance and above all his likable face lifts the film. He is definitely someone to watch out for in Tamil. Uninhibited and spontaneous, Nitya Menen is the soul of this picture, its biggest strength, as she brings alive her character with not just those expressive eyes and infectious simile, but with the kind of candor that actors seldom invest in their work.  Prakash Raj puts in all his experience as the old caring husband while Leela Samson attracts us with her innocent yet charming act. Ramya S and Buddy Prabhu as the hero's friends has small but significant roles.

The premise is simple and to Mani Ratnam's credit, he keeps the story focused and spares us of subplots. Technically OK Kanmani is superior as both AR Rahman and PC Sreeram have given their career best work for Mani Ratnam as the master craftsman himself is in tremendous form. Compared to the mediocre cinema we have been subjected to lately, O Kadhal Kanmani is definitely above a notch. It is a film bursting with the kind of lovely little moments that'll bring a smile on your face.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 10:14:32 PM »
Mani Ratnam's 'OK Kanmani' - Audience reviews

As Mani Ratnam's OK Kanmani hits theatres today, audiences are rushing to theatres to see if the veteran director can recreate the Alaipayuthey magic once again.

Here's a look at responses to the film so far:

OK Kanmani: Maniratnam may not be an expert on how boy meets girl today but he sure as hell knows all about what happens when they do! Love!

— Sudhish Kamath (@SudhishKamath) April 17, 2015

By love, I mean I loved it. Great return to form & familiar territory for Maniratnam. Dulquer, Nithya & Prakash Raj very good ! #OKKanmani

— Sudhish Kamath (@SudhishKamath) April 17, 2015
OK Kanmani is trains, rains, uncle-aunty sentiment, long bike rides with girl being manic pixie dream ponnu & generous sprinkling of Love.

— Shilpa Rathnam (@shilparathnam) April 17, 2015
Just out of #OKKanmani. Heart warming, beautiful, trendy, peppy, musical, in trend & vibrant are just few words that come to mind right now!

— Priyanka (@Priyankaravi20) April 17, 2015
#OKKanmani 2nd half - Awesome is the word :) Nithya & Dulquer performed well in emotional scenes.. Climax, a clean manirathnam touch :)

— Raj (@rjkrraj) April 17, 2015
#OKKanmani 2nd half - Simple feel good love story. Its all about living in relationship, love and marriage. No unnecessary drama. Go for it

— Shree Prakash (@shreeprakashr) April 17, 2015

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 11:14:59 PM »
Gautham Menon mighty impressed by 'O Kadhal Kanmani'

We all know that Gautham Menon is a huge fan of Mani Ratnam and he has said in many of his interviews that it was Mani Ratnam’s  Nayagan which inspired him to take up film-making as a career.

Gautham watched Mani Ratnam’s O Kadhal Kanmani on release day and was mighty impressed with the film.

“Mani sir sets a trend again surely with O kaadhal kanmani..I myself feel like writing a love story. Respect, sir” posted Gautham Menon in his Twitter page.

The Yennai Arindhaal director lauded the performances of both Dulquer and Nithya Menon , he also declared the latter as the best actor in town

“Dulquer-easy, simple, in control and dashing.. Nithya-arrests with her performance, the frames stay alive long after..the best actor in town..” praised Gautham Menon on the lead pair of O Kadhal Kanmani.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 11:59:36 PM »
'O Kadhal Kanmani' rocking business in USA

Mani Ratnam’s O Kadhal Kanmani is doing a rocking business at the US box office and the film’s USA distributor Prime Media says “It will be the biggest blockbuster in our distribution career”.

O Kadhal Kanmani and OK Bangaram have jointly collected RS 1.60 crs through the Thursday premiere and Friday theatrical collections, while the Tamil version alone has collected RS 1.10 crs. Sources say that the distributors have increased the show times and there is even a 1.30 AM show for the USA audiences.

The opening collection of O Kadhal Kanmani in USA is on par with Vijay, Ajith or Suriya films and sources say it is mainly due to the brand Mani Ratnam and unanimous positive reviews.

Interestingly unlike big heroes’ movies, O Kadhal Kanmani has been sold at an affordable price so the profit will be really huge.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 12:12:57 AM »
Mani Ratnam -The king of romance?

The long wait to see a Mani Ratnam movie is over. His O Kadhal Kanmani or OK Kanmani opened to unanimous positive reports from the youth, critics, multiplexes and  family audiences who are  extremely delighted as the ‘King of romance’ is back. But should we really confine, the legendary Mani Ratnam within a small circle called romance?  Come on guys, accept the fact… he is much more than just that.

We really loved watching and reading all the recent interviews of Mani Ratnam as he was busy promoting OK Kanmani. Every single interview had this question… “Mani sir you are the ‘King of Romance’”.... We could sense the mixed reaction on his face as Mani shot back with a smile: "I've tried different genres, but you people prefer to call me like that"

We would profoundly declare, Mani as ‘King of Biopic’ and no other film-maker in the country can make good bio-pic’s than Mani Ratnam. Ah, you want some examples right? Take it!  Nayagan (Varadaraja Mudaliar), Guru (Dhirubhai Ambani) , Iruvar (MGR –Karunanidhi friendship turning sour), of course all these films begin with a disclaimer ‘ “All characters and events depicted in this film are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental” otherwise the great Indian democracy and censor would have banned these epic films (sad state of affairs!)

Similarly, Mani is the king of mythological adaptation. Perplexed?  Roja, Thalapathi and Raavanan are examples All these films are the inspired from mythological works like Satyavan-Savithri, Mahabarat and Ramayana. Who other than Mani Ratnam effectively conveyed the terrorism and its ill impacts via films like Roja, Bombay and Dil Se.

There is an extra-ordinary commercial director hidden inside Mani Ratnam. We loved his Agni Natchathiram, Thiruda Thiruda right? We see Kadal as another commercial attempt made by Mani Ratnam for some reasons he couldn't pull it off and the great thing about Mani is that he accepted his failure, how many directors have guts to accept their failure in media interactions?

No other director other than Mani Ratnam could effective register the political conflicts in the country. His Kannathil Muthamittal is one of the best works which portrayed the state of Tamil people in Sri Lanka, good thing about Mani is that he never blamed Sri Lankan government or LTTE in the film but as a creator he merely registered the pain of those people from which we audience should conclude what is right and what is wrong.

Iruvar and Aayutha Ezhuthu would also come under the political genre, where the latter also had an underlying biopic of George Reddy who is a research student from Osmania University and based on him, Mani sketched the character of Michael Vasanth (Suriya).

After reading all these facts, do you people really want to confine Mani as mere ‘King of Romance’? At least he won’t settle himself with the romantic stories alone.

The ambitious Mani Ratnam would definitely try and explore different genres but when we, Tamil audiences let him down with his experimental attempts, he has no other option but to make a safe-bet romantic film. We know, things were not extra-ordinary in Kadal or Raavanan but compared to the mediocre cinema we have been subjected to lately, both deserved at least average collections at the box office.

We are not really complaining, as a matter of fact fans of Mani Ratnam love his romantic movies as much as other genres he makes because he makes these films with great sincerity and painstaking effort. 

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 12:19:49 AM »
Shankar watches 'OK Kanmani' in US

Director Shankar recently is in US for the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) convention and during his visit, he came to know that Mani Ratnam’s O Kadhal Kanmani is being screened at a nearby theater.

The director who is a big fan of Mani Ratnam soon booked the premiere show ticket and watched the film with fans.

Images of Shankar watching O Kadhal Kanmani with Tamil audiences are  being shared in social networking sites and it looks like the maverick director had a good time on seeing his favorite director’s film.

Mean time, Shankar is busy penning the script of his next film and already we could see news saying that his next film will be with Rajinikanth and some say that his next project will be with Vijay but there is no official confirmation so far.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 12:22:34 AM »
Interim ban for the illegal download of 'OK Kanmani'

Online piracy has become the biggest threat to the producers of Tamil films as the pirated versions are uploaded on the very next day of the theatrical release.

Though Producers Council is trying their best to curb the piracy and some actors like Parthiepan and Vishal raided the pirated DVD shops, all their efforts were in vein. 

Now Mani Ratnam has moved the Chennai High Court and Justice K Ravichandra Babu has granted an interim ban to twelve Internet Service Providers and two websites in broadcasting the pirated version of O Kadhal Kanmani or OK Kanmani.

In his petition, Mani Ratnam has said piracy on the internet could be only prevented by blocking websites which are hosting such pirated contents and all the major internet service providers should start working on it.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 12:25:43 AM »
'OK Kanmani' touches the prestigious half million mark

Mani Ratnam’s OK Kanmani has touched the prestigious half million mark in USA and the film’s distributor Prime Media has officially confirmed it their Twitter page
Other than OK Kanmani only eight Tamil films including Sivaji, Endhiran, Dasavatharam, Vishwaroopam, Lingaa, Kaththi , Iand Yennai Arindhaal have grossed the magical half million $ (500K $)mark

According to the US distributor, the film is a blockbuster for them and they are retaining many screens in the second week as well.

OK Kanmani has also been declared as a hit venture in Tamil Nadu where it is holding well in ‘A’ centers.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 12:36:19 AM »
Celebrities love Mani Ratnam's 'O Kadhal Kanmani'!

Move aside, Ram Gopal Varma! The director may have paid a double-edged compliment to Dulquer Salman. But there are a whole lot of other celebrities who have loved the film just as much and delivered pure unadulterated praise. Check out who's loving Mani Ratnam's latest!

Saw #OKadhalKanmani last night .. fell in love again.. superbly romantic #ManiRatnam fan girl :-)

— Huma Qureshi (@humasqureshi) April 24, 2015
Congratulations Mani Ratnam @arrahman @hasinimani for the brilliant success if #OKadhalKanmani .. need many more from you.

— Shekhar Kapur (@shekharkapur) April 23, 2015
On my way to watch #OKadhalKanmani super thrilled

— Patralekhaa (@Patralekhaa9) April 23, 2015
Just watched #OKKanmani! Mani sir,P.C sir,ARR.. WOW!! Couldn't take my eyes off the actors! Superb @dulQuer, nithya menon....! #Happy

— Suriya Sivakumar (@Suriya_offl) April 18, 2015
#OKKanmani A #ManiRatnam sir masterclass! Like cold coffee wit a filter coffee flavour :) @pcsreeram @arrahman @dulQuer #Nithya @ramyavj

— Balaji Mohan (@directormbalaji) April 18, 2015

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 12:54:07 AM »
Amitabh showers praises on 'O Kadhal Kanmani'

Amitabhh Bachchan has high regards for Mani Ratnam because his Guru is considered to the best work of Big B’s son Abishkek Bachchan.
Big-B has seen Mani Ratnam’s latest release O Kadhal Kanmani and apparently the veteran  is completely bowled over with the film’s theme and the lead pair’s classy performance.

Amitabh has saw the film with his daughter Shweta and he wrote “Shweta and I get to see Mani Ratnam’s new and fresh Tamil film at a trial, and it is a sweet and endearing story of love among the young. Fresh and with a sense of the changing times, in keeping with the sensibilities of this generation, it shows compassion and example with great dexterity. Values are not lost in the practices that this generation may desire, but sufficient understanding on both parts is beautifully portrayed by two young performers who play the lead. They are a delight to watch - the boy, Mammootty’s son .. Mammootty the mega star of Malayalam Cinema in Kerala .. and equally a sprightly love interest in his opposite number .. a young lady of enormous verve ..
The unaffected way that the generation of today performs and represents themselves to the audience is so remarkable, that there is so much to learn from them, observe in them, accumulate from them …
At times I am envious of them that form the creativity of our films today, and wish often to have been born in today’s time, to have the opportunity of being in presence of their enormous talent, drive and confidence. And at times I look for that moment when I shall be in the cast of their devilishly inspired and innovative output, even for a short minuscule period of time”.