Author Topic: Kaththi  (Read 10053 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: Kaththi
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »
Murugadoss files a defamation case against Gopi

As we all know that Minjur Gopi had withdrawn his case against Murugadoss and ‘Kaththi’ at the final minute for reasons known only to him. Now, A.R. Murugadoss had hit back by filing a defamation case against Gopi and opened up on the alleged intellectual theft for the first time.

In his recent interaction with media, Murugadoss said, “Right from the beginning of the controversy I was clear about one thing — that I should not give in. If I don’t take this case seriously, people like him (Gopi) will keep cropping up. Then, when my next film releases, some other person will come and claim it is his story. So, I was inflexible in my stand that we should not encourage people like him. I ensured that his demand is not accepted just for the sake of doing away with the case. I knew I would get justice and the truth would come out one day. That’s why I kept quiet when he was creating problems with his allegations. Also, I felt there was no urgency to prove myself because I knew his claims were baseless and I can prove my ability in my next film as well.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »
‘Kaththi’ hits quarter century

Given the release in more than 1200 screens across the country, Vijay’s ‘Kaththi’ is still going strong and breaking all possible records. The movie had made its way to 100 crore club on the 12th day, and the most important fact is, ‘Kaththi’ was released in Tamil alone and not dubbed in any other language. The makers are elated with the result of the movie and the Telugu version is getting released next Friday. Vijay fans are expecting A.R. Murugadoss to make one more movie with Vijay in the near future and get it released for 2016 Diwali.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2014, 09:23:33 PM »
What will be ‘Kaththi’ lifetime collection?

As we all know that ‘Kaththi’ has collected more than 100 crores in the first 12 days and still going strong in many centers. The trade sources are discussing that the movie would have earned at least another 10-15 crores, since the movie is holding to its position for close to 4 weeks in many screens.

So far, it is ‘Enthiran’, ‘Sivaji’, ‘Thuppakki’, and ‘Kaththi’ are the only movies, which have made it to the 100 crore mark and the K-town is getting ready to see a huge carnival in the likes of, ‘Lingaa’, ‘I’, ‘Uthama Villain’, and ‘Yennai Arindhaal’. Going by the pre-release buzz and the positive vibes for all the above movies, one might not be surprised to see, if, all the movies make it to the coveted club.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »
I like ‘Kaththi’ the most: Mahesh Babu

Tollywood Superstar, Mahesh Babu has admitted that ‘Kaththi’ is his recent favorites and appreciated Vijay’s performance. The ‘Kaththi’ girl Samantha was interviewing the most desirable man of India along with Trivikram Srinivas to raise funds for ‘Hud Hud’ victims.

Samantha: What’s your recent favorite movie?

Mahesh: Kaththi

Samantha: Will you star in  ‘Kaththi’ remake?

Mahesh: No

Samantha: But, Vijay does remake your movies down there…

Mahesh: That’s their perspective and I’m not trying to put down anyone. I don’t do remakes as I’m not capable of doing it. In ‘Kaththi’ only Vijay’s mannerism are visible to me and if I undertake the project, then, I will fumble while shooting the movie, because, I will not have any challenge or excitement in reprising the role.

Samantha: I should say Vijay is having a split personality as he is entirely different in front of the camera while performing and completely opposite besides his episode off the camera.

Mahesh: Yes, I have seen that quality in him. In off screen he’s a different personality and when that thing happens, he’s a totally different person, on screen. That’s an amazing quality he has.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »
'Kaththi' 50 days celebrations at Palayamkottai, Vijay to attend?

If sources are to be believed Kaththi’s 50th day function will be happening at Palayamkottai, Thirunelveli and Ilaiyathalapathy Vijay is likely to grace the event.

Sources add that the event will be happening on 14th of December at Bell grounds at Palayam Kottai and we also hear that AR Murugadoss, Anirudh, Samantha and Sathish are also expected to attend the function.

Of late, Vijay has started conducting his film events outside Chennai so that he can meet his fans  who are residing at other parts of Tamil Nadu.  Vijay’s Nanban audio launch was happened at Coimbatore, Velayutham audio launch was happened at Madurai and even the Kaththi’s success meet was happened at Coimbatore.

Kaththi is the one of the biggest grossing film of 2014 and still running in major theaters across the state

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »
‘Kaththi’, Vijay’s first dual role success?!

Firstly, our heartfelt congrats to the Kaththi team as this is the 50th day of success for the film! Kaththi has easily earned more than a 100 crores all over the World and now let us see why we say that it is an actual first dual role success for Vijay.

Like most actors, Vijay did not do too many double action roles as they were risky. He played two roles in Alagiya Thamizh Magan and Villu and needless to say, both Of these movies didn’t make it that big in the box office and nor did they hit off well with the audience. Kaththi is the first double action role film of Vijay’s that has seen immense success and this is the main reason we stated this too. Kathiresan and Jeevanantham of Kaththi has managed to gain the positive reviews non of his other dual roles did and we are happy for that!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2014, 07:51:55 PM »
Vijay’s delivers a thundering speech at ‘Kaththi’ success meet

In the recent times, Vijay seems to have shed his born identity of being a reserve while speaking at a public gathering. He spoke his heart out while receiving the favorite actor award for ‘Thalaivaa’ and the same continued in Coimbatore for the ‘Kaththi’ success meet. Now, he has gone a step further and delivered a powerful speech in Nellai.

“One cannot claim the success of a movie on his own and cinema is as close to the game of Football, where a player requires the help of his team mates to score a single goal, and in that process he will be facing a tough time from his opponents, who are raring to stop his victory. The amount of success we get in our lives is directly proportional to the effort we put in. And, while doing so, we should be ready to cross all the barricades thrown at us” –Says Vijay.

He further adds that, “It is impossible to raise the white flag to the enemy who is in pursuit to slaughter us”.

The fans of Vijay got surprised with this kind of speech from their idol and thinking whether Vijay has sent a strong message to all those people who gave loads of headache in the recent times.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2014, 01:32:02 PM »
Kaththi scored 146 crores in 50 days?!

Kaththi was the recently released very successful film starring Vijay and Samantha and directed by AR Murugadoss. As expected this film was an immense success with its unique cinematography and also the music composed by Anirudh.The first week of release, sources said that the film had gained an income of 100 crores.

Now, its been about 50 days since the release of Kathithi and sources close to the team says that the collection has reached about 146 crores now. The break down of this total says the collection was 15.6 crores in USA, 3.23 crores in England, 11.79 crores in Malaysia and 3.84 crores in Canada. The remaining of the 146 crores was collected all over Tamil Nadu, said the source. The distributors have denied this as a baseless rumour but they have not revealed how much the movie has actually collected as of day 50.​

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2015, 11:19:35 AM »
'Kaththi' celebrates 100 days!

Today, Ilayathalapathy Vijay's Kaththi is celebrating its 100 day at the box office. Considering the Tamil version alone, Kaththi is the highest grossing Tamil movie of 2014 and according to industry reports, the film has grossed more than 100 c worldwide.

Produced by Lyca and Ayngaran, Kaththi is directed by AR Murugadoss and the film has Samantha, Sathish, Neil Nitin Mukesh and many others to its star cast.

The film was initially surrounded by a lot of controversies including the producers link up with Sri Lanka's former president Rajapakshe and also AR Murugadoss faced plagiarism charges from a writer called Gopi but later the court dismissed the case.

Sources say that Murugadoss will be soon remaking Kaththi in various languages including Hindi and Telugu.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2015, 02:09:49 PM »
Fans are my biggest asset, says Vijay

Yesterday, Jan 29 Vijay's Kaththi reached 100 days and he has thanked his fans for the unconditional love and support.

"Thank u" is a very small word for all the love you have showered on me. You are the biggest asset that I have earned in all these years" posted Vijay in his Twitter page.

Vijay is currently busy with Chimbu Devan's Puli which is said to be a period fantasy film and sources say that first look poster of the film will be revealed soon.

After Puli, Vijay will kick start his new film with Atlee which is likely to commence by second half of 2015.