Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: I(Ai)
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »
Shankar is bigger than Rajinikanth and Jayalalitha, Says RGV

It looks like ace filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma is super impressed with the trailer of Shankar's I. The director who is famous for his bold statements said “only dumb people will release their films opposite I”.

Ram Gopal Varma tweeted "Just saw "I" trailer 2  and I am sure Sankrantri  is going to be shanker raatri...only dumb people will release their films in front of it"

The director went on saying Shankar is bigger than Rajinikanth and Jayalalitha in Tamil Nadu. Ram Gopal Varma added that Shankar's I will collect more than Rajinikanth's Lingaa, hence Shankar is powerful than Rajini.

Ram Gopal Varma also believes that only Shankar can take Indian cinema to  Hollywood standards. Shankar's I is releasing for Pongal/ Sankaranti in Tamil Nadu and Andhra respectively.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 08:50:47 PM »
Salman Khan awestruck by I trailer

As a part of I’s promotional plans, Vikram and Amy Jackson will appear in Salman Khan’s reality show Big Boss 8.

The news has been officially confirmed by Aascar Films who is producing the film in a large scale and the shooting for the reality show has happened recently.

It is said that Vikram met Salman Khan at the sets of Bajrangi Bhaijaan and the actor was reportedly awestruck by the visual extravaganza. Sources add that Kareena Kapoor was also present during the meet and the actress is  highly impressed with the grandeur and visual quality.

Mean while sources add that the entire crew including director Shankar, Vikram, Amy Jackson and music composer AR Rahman will be attending tomorrow’s Telugu audio launch of I which will be happening at Hyderabad.

Scheduled for Pongal, I  will be simultaneously released in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 01:35:48 PM »
I'm happy that RGV liked the trailer of I: Shankar

Few days back Ram Gopal Varma tweeted that director Shankar is bigger than Rajinikanth and Jayalalitha in Tamil Nadu. Ram Gopal Varma also expressed how much he loved the trailer of  I and raved about Shankar’s directorial skills.

Recently, when Shankar was in Mumbai for the Hindi audio launch of I, media asked him to comment about Ram Gopal Varma’s praising tweets. Shankar said “I’m happy that Ram Gopal Varma liked the trailer” but he refused to comment on the tweet by saying “I have no comments about his opinion”

Mean time Shankar has also revealed that he got the idea of ‘I’ 15 years back. It is worth a mention that before Endhiran Shankar approached Rajinikanth for I.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »
‘I’ trailer reaches 5 million view!

Shankar’s grandest yet, I, is all set for release on Pongal and the songs composed by AR Rahman has been a super hit among the fans so far. These are usual for any movie, but what is unusual about this Vikram and Amy Jackson starrer is that its trailer itself has reached 5 million views already!

Yes, no movie in South India has ever had so many views of its trailer. It makes one wonder, if a trailer could get so many views, how many visitors would the film itself get? Mind boggling isn’t it? We await the release of this movie and we shall know very soon. After all, Pongal is just a couple of weeks away!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
Why Shankar thinks ‘I’ is his second movie?

Shankar has staged one of the memorable audio launch function for a Tamil movie on September 15, 2014 and here we get you the things that he shared at the Hindi version of ‘I’. Shankar believes that his second innings started with ‘Enthiran’ and thinks ‘I’ is the second movie after his brainchild ‘Robot’.

He went to disclose that he started to pen down the story of ‘I’ 15 years ago and kept on developing it all these years. Shankar and Rahman have locked three songs within a week, but took more than 7 days to get the tunes right for Viikram’s intro.

The team ‘I’ has completed all the post production works and the movie will be out for Pongal.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
P.C.Sreeram reveals Vikram’s character in ‘I’

In a recent interview to a popular weekly, P.C. Sreeram has revealed a one line about Vikram’s character in ‘I’. “Vikram has transformed himself as, body builder, Lingesan, AD Film model, Lee, and a hunchback. The movie is all about how Vikram’senjoyable/colorful life becomes dark and I have given the exact tone to the movie with loads of colors and darkness. I have never seen anyone else putting so much hard work for a movie, and even with this information, one cannot simply guess the story of the movie.” – Says the ace cinematographer.

He added that he was supposed to do ‘Indian’, but at that time his former assistant, Late Jeeva was associated with Shankar and he did not want to take his assistant’s place.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 08:09:56 PM »
A grand premiere for Vikram's I in Dubai?

If sources are to be believed, Vikram’s ambitious Shankar directed film  I will have a grand premiere on the 13th of January in Dubai and Chennai.

Sources say that the premiere in Dubai is almost confirmed while the idea of having a premiere in Chennai is yet to be confirmed by the makers.

The grand premiere in Dubai is likely to be attended by the entire crew of ‘I’ which includes Vikram, Shankar, Amy Jackson, PC Sreeram and many.

Mean time, the revising committee will be soon seeing the film and we will get to know whether ‘I’ will be releasing with U or U/A certificate.

A source on the condition of anonymity says that the film has come out really well while the second half will be completely different from Shankar’s earlier films. One can expect something aesthetic with respect to the portrayal of relationship between Vikram and Amy Jackson.

The source adds that the film is definitely not shorter and Shankar has followed his typical 3hrs running time in ‘I’ as well.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 05:07:07 PM »
‘I’ release date confirmed officially

As we have already reported, Shankar’s magnum opus, ‘I’, is all set for a release on January 14th. This has been officially confirmed by the makers of the movie. The response for the audio of the film, released a few days back in Hyderabad, has been very good. Chiyaan Vikram, Amy Jackson, Suresh Gopi, Upen Patel etc acted in this most anticipated film. Aascar Ravichandran is the producer of this big visual wonder and N.V.Prasad is releasing the movie in Telugu under Mega Supergood films banner.

Audiences are eagerly waiting to watch the magic of Shankar and Vikram on screen and they are going to have a treat this Sankranthi.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »
Vikram kickstarts I promotions in Kerala & Karnataka

On Tuesday (Jan6) morning, Chiyaan Vikram, started his I promotions in key southern states of Karnataka and Kerala. Vikram flew into Bangalore in the morning and straight went to Forum Mall in Koramangala, where he met fans at PVR multiplex. Vikram also met the press and spoke about I.

The Karnataka distribution rights of ‘I’ has been bought by Sri Gokul Films for a rumoured Rs 7.5 Cr. The distributor is keen on promoting the film in a massive way so that it will reach a bigger audience.

Later in the evening Vikram flew to Kochi to start his Kerala promotions of the film. Today (Jan 7), the star will be holding a big press meet at the newly opened Marriott hotel adjoining the Lulu Mall.

Amy Jackson who flew in from London to Chennai on Tuesday evening, will be joining Vikram at the Kochi press meet. It will be one of the biggest film related events in Kerala.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 01:52:53 PM »
‘I’ Vikram’s makeup took five hours everyday

One of the most talked about releases of the year ‘I’, has too many facets attached to itself. Right from the elaborate set design, to the makeup to the costume – every aspect of the film is enticing the audiences to watch the film.

In the film ‘I’ will see Vikram playing two avatars of a normal man and of a creature which closely looks like an Ogre. It used to take an approximate time of 5 hours every day to get Vikram into this avatar. And the makeup, as we know, has been done by Hollywood’s Weta workshop.

Weta Workshop are world famous makeup artists and have done makeup for various supernatural Hollywood films like ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘Lord of the Rings’.
Shankar ‘I’ is all set to release on the 14th of January!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 09:58:29 PM »
High Court issues three weeks interim stay for 'I'

When audience all over the world and everyone in the trade are eagerly expecting for the release of Shankar's I, Chennai High Court has issued a three week interim stay order for the film.

Earlier Pixar filed a case stating " Aascar Ravichandran haven't settled the amount (rumoured to be few crores) which he got from us and hence the honorable court should stay the release of his upcoming film 'I'".

On hearing the petition, honorable justice has issued a three week interim stay for the release of 'I'.

The Justice also ordered Aascar Ravichandran to settle the amount before January 30. Now this shocking judgment will be a huge setback for I's release plans.

An update from producer Aascar Ravichandran...

“All issues will be sorted out within an hour and the film will be released as planned”.

Keep tabbing this space for more updates....

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 01:26:16 PM »
Vikram spill the beans on ‘I’

The team ‘I’ met the press and fans in Cochin as a part of their promotional activity ahead of the movie’s release. In which, Vikram spilled some beans about his role and the time he has taken to perform all four roles to perfection.

“I would have easily acted in 9 movies in the last 3 years, but I was mesmerized with the storyline of ‘I’ and I’m happy that I have acted in a movie, which will bring laurels from all over the world. I can proudly claim that ‘I’ is more likely a Hollywood movie than a regular Tamil movie.”- Says Vikram

The movie is getting released all over the world in more than 4000 screens on Januray 14th.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 05:10:26 PM »
‘I’ is not releasing for Pongal?

The team ‘I’ is busy promoting the movie across the Nation and a few cinema halls have already started the booking too. Meanwhile, Pixar Media has filed a petition stating Aascar Ravichandran hasn’t returned the loan in Madras High Court. In turn, the court has stalled the movie for 3 weeks for the time being.

However, there is still a minor hope for the fans of Vikram; if Aascar Ravichandran settles the debt in a day or two, the movie might get released as planned. Stay tuned for more.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 07:36:07 PM »
Countdown to Pongal- I latest Update

The big Pongal weekend is just 4 days away – January 14.  And the Tamil industry is in a crisis. The eagerly awaited Shankar’s Vikram starrer I, which was to release on January 14, has run into trouble. The other two Pongal films – Aambala and Darling are on track for a
Pongal release on Jan 15.

On Thursday, the Madras High Court stayed the release of I till January 30. It restrains producer Aascar Ravichandran of Aascar Films from releasing the film on January 14. The interim order was passed on an application filed by Picturehouse Media Limited, a concern owned by PVP Cinemas.

Picturehouse Media say that the producer will has an outstanding of Rs 17.5 Crore . The judge also asked the parties concerned to settle the issue by arbitration if possible.

It gives I a chance to release if the producers pays up the entire amount and settles the creditor before release. Aascar Ravichandran has said he would sort out the matter with the aggrieved party at the earliest and stick to his January 14 release.

Meanwhile as per our reliable sources, the matter between Aascar Ravichandran and Picturehouse Media has been sorted out after some late night meetings and telephonic conferences. An official confirmation is expected today.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »
‘I’ Release Finalised

Trash the debates, ‘I’ is a Pongal treat, it is! This time, it is not from the know-how, associates or predictions, but from Picture House Media, directly. The controversies are all to be pushed aside, and ‘I’ will hit the big screens, as promised, on 14th January. As per the media house’s statement, “issues were only business oriented, and were discussed and sorted to arrive at a decision in the best interest of the film industry.” So, those of you who leaped forward to have your entertainment pre-booked, fret not, for the plan is on.

It was a settlement of money between Picture House Media and Aascar Ravichandran, producer of ‘I’ that lead to the confusion over the film’s release for the currently blocked slot. Now that everything is in the clear, Shankar’s magnum opus starring Vikram and Amy Jackson in the lead, which has been in the making for four long years, will indeed be a Pongal 2015 treat for one and all – in 36 languages, worldwide!