Author Topic: Yennai Arindhaal  (Read 3564 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: Yennai Arindhaal
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »
'Yennai Arindhal' pushed to Jan 29!

It is official producer AM Ratnam has confirmed that his Ajith starrer Yennai Arindhal directed by Gautham Menon will release on January 29. Please note the film was so far advertised as a Pongal 2015 release.

The audio and trailer of the film was released at mid-night on Jan 1, 2015 and has been well received. AM Ratnam felt that due to post-production delays it would be better that the film releases on January 29, as he did not want to do a hurried job.

Speaking to us, AM Ratnam said : “ The Re-Recording of Yennai Arindhal is going on and Harris Jayaraj will hopefully complete the work in a week’s time. I hope to get the film censored before January 15 and start work on the release.”

It clearly means that Shankar directed I and Vishal’s Sundar C directed Aambala will be the only Pongal releases. Karthi’s Komban and Sivakarthikeyan’s Kakki Sattai which were planned as Pongal releases have been shifted to February.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »
'Yennai Arindhaal' audio review

Cast: Ajit Kumar,Trisha,Anushka,Vivek,Arun Vijay,Parvathy Nair
Music: Harris Jayaraj
Lyrics: Thamarai
Direction: Gautham Menon

Yennai Arindhaal stars Ajith, Anushka, Trisha, Vivek and many others and is being directed by Gautham Menon while Harris Jayaraj reunites with Gautham after ‘Varanam Aayiram’ as the music composer. The movie has been the cynosure among the announced Pongal releases and carries huge expectations. Let us check out whether Harris has opened 2015 with a bang or not:

Yaen Ennai
Singers: Sunitha Sarathy,Kharesma Ravichandran
‘Yaen Ennai’ is Harris trying to experiment with the vocals of Sunitha Sarathy who sounds completely western here which works totally in synch with the tune. This number which will be picturized on Anushka has traces of ‘Thoodhu Varuma’ in the charanam portions and the samples from ‘Google Google’ do make an appearance here and there. The song has a tinge of auto-tune but at no point, it spoils the pep of the track. A slow poison!

Mazhai Vara Pogudhae
Singers: Karthik,Emcee Jezz
To begin with, ‘Mazhai Vara Pogudhae’ is an absolute rocking song much on the lines of Harris’s usual numbers but Karthik simply elevates the song with his rendition. The song has a catchy hook, foot tapping beats and the lyrics by Thamarai deserve special praise too. The synthesizer woven interlude adds a new layer of freshness to the track. Instantly likeable number!

Unakenna Venum Sollu
Singers: Benny Dayal, Mahathi
‘Unakenna Venum Sollu’ is a pretty soothing melody backed mainly by the guitar strumming & light percusssions. The tune is free flowing and Thamarai’s lyrics are certainly uplifting. Benny Dayal shoulders the tune effectively while Mahathi makes a welcome comeback. ‘Unakenna Venum Sollu’ is a perfect example for why simple tunes work more spontaneously than the loud and jarring ones.

Yennai Arindhaal
Singers: Devan Ekambaram,Mark Thomas,Abhishek
The much awaited title track! ‘Yennai Arindhaal’ is a dubstep feast where Harris has mixed Devan’s base vocals effectively along with several EDM pieces and dubstep arrangements. The music portion which was heard in the teaser features as an interlude here. The bassline in the track is a delight for people who listen to this in headphones. A uber cool heroic number!

Adhaaru Adhaaru
Singers: Vijay Prakash,Gaana Bala
Lyrics: Vignesh Shivan
Probably the weakest track in the album! ‘Adhaaru Adhaaru’ is Harris trying his hand at folkish kuthu & the results are pretty underwhelming. The tune looks dated and the instant catchiness one would associate with a Harris number is missing. Aimed at the masses, this track is expected to get a rousing reception for the dance & visuals.

Maya Bazaar
Singers: Aalap Raju,Priya Subramanian,Velmurugan,Krishna Iyer
‘Maya Bazaar’ is basically the culmination of several mini tracks of three separate genres and in all probabilities, would be the track to feature Trisha in the movie. The first segment which is similar to the Title track is enriched with dubstep and catchy lyrics while the second & fourth segments are classical ones reminiscent of the 60’s with Aalap Raaju & Priya Subramanian’s vocals. The small ode to ‘Kalyana Samayal Saadham’ in the second interlude is a clever addition. The best part of the song is when the track goes into folk mode where Velmurugan dominates the show. A total surprise package!

Idhayathai Yedho Ondru
Singers: Chinmayi
Lyrics:Thamarai
‘Idhayathai Yedho Ondru’ is the female solo version of ‘Unakena Venum Sollu’ with Chinmayi’s vocals taking the honors. The tune works one more time and the pan flute interlude adds lot of depth to the track. ‘Heartwarming’ is the word!

On the whole, ‘Yennai Arindhaal’ is a solid album having tracks in a variety of genres like dubstep, melody, western, fusion, folk, etc. Except his attempt with ‘Adhaaru Adhaaru’, the remaining songs work instantly and would add great value to the movie. Although the longevity of these songs is there to be tested, Harris Jayaraj-Gautham Menon’s combination proves once again to be fruitful and shows how Harris can deliver when he works with his favorite director. Yennai Arindhaal is among Harris Jayaraj’s better work in recent times.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 11:40:40 AM »
Why ‘Yennai Arindhaal’ will be a must watch?

The trailer of ‘Yennai Arindhaal’ threw a massive surprise in the title cards as they have shown two prominent people in the industry; they are, Thiyagarajan Kumararajah and Sriram Raghavan. Here we tell you what we can expect from these two guys.

Sriram Raghavan – A notable scriptwriter, who was born in TN and raised in Pune. Sriram Raghavan completed the filmmaking course back in 1987 and shot to fame with his stories for CID teleserial. Later, he went on to direct, ‘Johnny Gaddar’, which marked the debut of, ‘Kaththi’ villain, Neil Nithin Mukesh in Hindi. His last film was, ‘Agent Vinod’, starring Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor.

Thiagrajan Kumararajah – The director of, ‘Aranya Kaandam’, which received global acclaim prior to its official release in TN. The gangster saga is considered as one of the top 10 films ever made in Tamil cinema and the fans have been asking for the original bluray print to its producer for more than 3 years now. Such is the response to the movie and the movie buffs are excited to see him in action once again.

Now, this is where, Gautham Vasudev Menon shines better than other directors’. He has let his ego and discussed his script with the best brains in the industry to start a new trend. Given the track record of Sriram and Thiyagarajan Kumararajah, one can guess that Gautham has let them to fine tune the characterizations of Ajith in the episodes of Cop & Gangster. And, there is Gautham, who can seamlessly handle the love sequences.

This is where, ‘Yennai Arindhaal’ stands out big time and with just one ticket for 120 rupees, we might get to see three movies from 3 very good directors/screen writers.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 11:41:39 AM »
‘Yennai Arindhaal’ overtakes ‘I’

Fans of Ajith have been doing some tremendous public relation works for their faith star’s movie and they have already shown enough love for the teaser of ‘Yennai Arindhaal’. Now, they have repeated the same for the trailer, and overtook the number of ‘likes’ garnered by ‘I’ in less than 36 hours.

‘I’ got 47k odd likes and ‘YA’ received 48k thumbs up and going strong. Adding to the excitement, the songs are topping the charts, but, the only disappointment is, the movie is getting postponed for a fortnight, and it will hit the screens only on Jan 29th.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 07:45:13 PM »
'Yennai Arindhaal' TN business starts

Ajith’s Gautham Menon directed Yennai Arindhaal business has started in Tamil Nadu.  MK Enterprises who earlier distributed Vishal’s Samar has bought the Chennai city distribution rights of the film from producer AM Ratnam for a fancy price.

And with that Yennai Arindhaal business has kickstarted in Tamil Nadu, the biggest market for big budget star Tamil movies. Earlier  MG Nair had  bought  Kerala  and Cauvery Theatres Karnataka distribution rights of this eagerly awaited distribution rights of the film.

The overseas rights had been taken by Ayngaran International and ATMUS entertainments have bought the USA distribution rights.

Directed by Gautham Menon, Yennai Arindhaal has Thala Ajith, Anushka, Trisha, Arun Vijay, Vivek, Daniel Balaji and many others in the supporting cast. The music of Harris Jayaraj is already a winner.

The entire team of Yennai Arindhaal is currently busy with the post production works.  AM Ratnam has officially announced the release date as January 29.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 07:51:46 PM »
Daniel Balaji-The surprise packet in 'Yennai Arindhaal'

Well, Gautham Menon is known for giving his audiences pleasant surprises and it looks like he has few more in his kitty as far as Yennai Arindhaal is concerned.

Initially Gautham did not reveal the information that Aaranya Kaandam director Thiyagarajan Kumararaja has co-written the script of Yennai Arindhaal and later we all came to know it through the trailer credits.

Now the latest is that Daniel Balaji who played as a deadly psychopath in Gautham Menon's Vettaiyadu Vilayadu is playing a crucial role in Yennai Arindhaal and it was revealed through the film's promotional posters.

Yennai Arindhaal has ensemble of star cast including Thala Ajith, Trisha, Anushka, Arun Vijay.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 11:01:07 AM »
A thrilling surprise in ‘Yennai Arindhaal’ cast

Well, ‘Yennai Arindhaal’ is not releasing for this Pongal, but that hasn’t dampened the spirits of Ajith fans as the team ‘YA’ is keeping them busy by releasing pictures and revealing small surprises, often. The latest, ‘rabbit out of the hat’ move is, Daniel Balaji’s role in the movie. Daniel’s role as Amudhan was well received in, ‘Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu’ and the fans are quite excited to see his face on the posters and started to predict, what he would be doing in the movie.

In the mean time, the team ‘YA’ is very upbeat about the movie business and the Chennai distribution rights are said to be sold for a record price. As Ajith fans claim, this year, we could see the euphoria for Pongal twice, one being on the 14th and the other one for ‘YA’ release.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 09:18:58 PM »
Two climax for 'Yennai Arindhaal'?

Gautham Menon is having a successful track record of having two climaxes for his films and in some of them he has changed the climax after knowing the response from the general public.

In Khakha Khakha, Maya (Jyothika) was murdered in the theatrical version while the DVD had a climax in which Jyothika was shown alive. Similarly the Telugu version of Khakha Khakha which is also directed by Gautham Menon had a positive climax where Asin and Venkatesh lead a happy life.

innai Thaandi Varuvaya too, there were two climaxes for Tamil and Telugu versions respectively. In Telugu the lead pair joins together in real life while the Tamil version had a different climax.

Now sources say that Gautham Menon’s Yennai Arindhaal will also be have two climaxes but Gautham Menon is yet to fix one.  Though a little birdie, revealed a clue we won’t be breaking the suspense now!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 09:26:52 PM »
Dan Macarthur speaks about 'Yennai Arindhaal'

Ajith was by far the most interesting actor I’ve ever worked with – says Dan Macarthur, cameraman of 'Yennai Arindhaal '

After Thala Ajith, one factor which impressed everyone in the trailer of Yennai Arindhaal is Australian cinematographer Dan Macarthur’s scintillating cinematography. Dan is currently in Australia and  we had a chance to interact with him. Excerpts...

Rarely do we see cinematographers from foreign land agreeing to work in a Tamil film. How did Yennai Arindhaal happen and what made you to accept the film?
The project came up while Gautham and I were working on the Simbu film. I heard mention about the project and Gautham pitched the idea to me and it sounded like a big concept, so I was happy to come on-board.

Gautham Menon is known for his aesthetic and gritty portrayal in his movies... he is a rare director who captures romance aesthetically and executes violence in his own style. Few words on your experience on working with him
Gautham is a very calm and relaxed person to work with which I really like. I think he tries to get himself as close as possible to the characters and the story. There are many times during the shoot when he just likes to roll camera on candid actor interaction, because films can be so contrived and he tries to capture these natural moments.

We are absolutely impressed with the visuals seen in the trailer Of Yennai Arindhaal. It looks like you have used different color tones projecting different time periods in the film. We also got to know that Ajith sporting four different looks for the four different time period … Do tell us something about it
Yes, the film does flash backs to earlier adventures in Ajith’s (character’s) life and separating those time frames was a goal of mine. For those looks I used older lenses and I shot in ways that would be in sync with those times to create a different feel for each era. I applied certain ‘rules’ if you like to the modern day such as the extreme low depth of field, which is used widely in modern cinema.

We know cinema is a universal medium but working in a Tamil film would have demanded you to know more about the culture and taste of Tamil audience so that you can deliver a product which will be enjoyed them. Did you change your usual style for Yennai Arindhaal?
That’s an interesting question because there were quite a few times when Producers were inquisitive about how I was lighting and shooting because the audiences are used to a certain style here.  I do have a different style from what is the norm here but I think that’s what Gautham was really interested in and from the initial audience feedback it’s paying off already. Many times I used quite dark lighting in scenes to add some mystery and mood. In other scenes, like love stories, I wanted to show that the audience could feel safe with some high key lighting and be able to identify with that style.

Ajith is a superstar here in Tamil Nadu and we get to know that he is having excellent skill in photography as well? Few words on Ajith and your experience of working with him...
I’ve said this quite a few times and there is no word of a lie when I say that Ajith was by far the most pleasurable actor I’ve ever worked with. His keenness and attentiveness on set was always 100 percent and that really made my life easy. He was always very keen to do the small things I had asked him in order to favor the light etc and I really hope I get to work with Ajith again soon.

Rarely do we see western films having songs but a well choreographed song is must for a Tamil film. Gautham Menon used to convey stories through songs as well. Share your experience in filming a song and did you enjoy doing it?
I love the song aspect of Indian films. It’s a romantic side that is rare in western films. It’s also like film magic where the audience gets go on a fantasy journey and I love that about Indian films. So much of that film magic has been lost in my opinion in western films which suffer greatly from harsh opinions and reality checks. The big song scenes also tend to feature beautiful landscapes or colorful studio sets which gave me some creative scope with the cinematography.

Which is that one song you like from Yennai Arindhaal?
There is a traveling song during the film which is a really beautiful part of the story that Gautham has told and it brings a tear to everyone’s eye. I love that song.

Can we see Dan Macarthur doing more Tamil films in future? Do tell us about your future projects...
I think for sure I’ll be spending more time in Tamilnadu.I’ve never experienced such appreciation for cinematography in a film,hence i feel good.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 10:54:47 PM »
Thala Ajith's 'Yennai Arindhaal' gearing up for censors

The post-production work of Thala Ajith's Yennai Arindhaal is almost over and the movie is likely to be censored after pongal holidays.

As the movie is gearing up for censors, the business of the film gets red hot and distributors from various areas have started bidding to snap the rights.

As of now Kerala, Chennai City, Karnataka and USA distribution rights of the film have been sold to MG Nair, MK Enterprises, Ashwath of Cauvery theaters and ATMUS entertainments respectively.

Directed by Gautham Menon, Yennai Arindhaal also has Trisha, Anushka, Arun Vijay playing important roles.

Yennai Arindhaal is slated for January 29 release.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 01:36:25 PM »
'Yennai Arindhaal' Synopsis and running time

Though team Yennai Arindhaal applied for the censors, they are yet to get the official date from the regional censor board.

Meanwhile, the running time of the film which is locked for censor is said to be 173 minutes and a UK based ticket booking website has updated. The ticket booking website has also shared the synopsis of the film which is as follows

This film captures the various stages in the life of police officer Sathya.

A dedicated Sathya puts his work before anything else. Despite the challenges thrown at him Sathya continues to risk his life to fight anti-social behaviours thereby making his city a safer place to live in.

But above all else Sathya takes upon himself to find the culprit who murdered his fiancée. 

His journey takes him around the world where a series of action sequences and high adrenaline situations arises culminating into a surprising climax in this all out Tamil action thriller, Going by the synopsis, news on Trisha getting murdered and Ajith playing undercover cop in the film seems to be true.

Now it looks like the release date of the film which was slated for January 29, will be pushed by at least a week. The earliest date that the film can release as per trade sources is February 5.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
'Yennai Arindhaal' censor today

After yesterday's delay, Thala Ajith's Yennai Arindhaal will be censored today. Sources say that the censor board officials will be watching the film at Four Frames preview theater, Chennai.

Sources say that the final edit of second half of the film got delayed hence the team couldn't send the film for yesterday's censor process. Now as everything has been locked, one can expect the censor result by today.

Mean time, Ayngaran one of the overseas distributor of Yennai Arindhaal has confirmed that the producers have informed them that the film will be releasing on February 5.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 10:52:07 PM »
'Yennai Arindhaal' gets UA, off to revising committee

Thala Ajith's Yennai Arindhaal has been censored with U/A certificate and the makers have decided to approach the revising committee.

Sources say that the regional censor board haven't cut any scenes in the film for U/A, but in order get 'U' certificate they should edit and mute few sequences. As only Tamil films with 'U' certificate  are eligible for the tax exemption, the team is trying the best to get it through revising committee.

Nevertheless, team Yennai Arindhaal has decided to release the film on February 5 and they have even issued the official paper advertisements today.

Directed by Gautham Menon, Yennai Arindhaal has Ajith, Trisha, Anushka, Arun Vijay, Daniel Balaji and many others to its star cast.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 09:35:43 PM »
'Yennai Arindhaal' will be one of the best films:Gautham

For the first time, Yennai Arindhaal team arranged for a press meet. Speaking to the media, Gautham Menon said “Initially I had two to three ideas in my mind, later after meeting Ajith through AM Ratnam, we decided to start a new script and that is Yennai Arindhaal".

Gautham Menon added "Yennai Arindhaal will be an emotional action entertainer along with a crime angle but we have made it in such a way that there is no harsh violence in the film".

"Yennai Arindhaal is a character driven film and it is also having romantic angle to it" said Gautham Menon at the press meet.

Speaking about Ajth's different looks in the film, Gautham said "Ajith's four different looks in the film will be very natural just like revisiting the photographs of a man from age 25 to 40".

The director said that till now he has done nearly 14 films including remakes in other languages and Yennai Arindhaal will be one the best films in his career.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 02:07:44 PM »
Yennai Arindhaal - a record release for Ajith in USA

Thala Ajith's Yennai Arindhaal is all set to be released on February 5 and the film is likely to be released in record number of screens in various territories.

Now the latest is that ATMUS Entertainments who are releasing the film in USA has revealed that the film will be screened in a record 95 theaters in the country which is a record for Ajith's film.

Earlier, Ajith's Arrambam was screened in 78 theaters and it was a hit in USA. Directed by Gautham Menon, Yennai Arindhaal also has Trisha, Anushka, Arun Vijay, Vivek and many others to its star cast.