Author Topic: Kakki Sattai  (Read 1633 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Kakki Sattai
« on: December 08, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »
Kakki Sattai Movie Preview

Cast:    Sivakarthikeyan, Sri Divya, Prabhu Ganesan, Manobala, Vidyullekha Raman, Imman Annachi, Vijay Raaz, Yuvina Parthavi
Direction:    R.S.Durai Senthilkumar
Production:    P. Madhan
Music:    Anirudh RavichanderYoung actor Sivakarthikeyan has already made it to the list of actors whose movies are awaited by youngsters as well as family audience. And when he joins up with a successful team that he  has worked earlier, the expectation only gets bigger and bigger.

After  a stamping a hat trick of super hits Sivakarthikeyan comes with ‘Kakki Sattai. The film is the second directorial of Durai Senthil Kumar who gave a big break to the anchor turned actor with his debut film ‘Ethirneechal’ in 2013. The film is being produced under the Wunderbar Films banner by actor Dhanush, who is like a mentor for Sivakarthikeyan.  It is the same banner which churned our ‘Ethirneechal’. Musi c is also being socred by Anirudh Ravichander who gave super hit tunes for ‘Ethirneechal’. With Anirudh being one of the young composers who is hot in trade especially after the release of Vijay starrer super hit film ‘Kaththi’ the audio release of ‘Kakki Sattai’ is desperately expected by music lovers.

With this film Siva pairs up with his lucky girl Sridivya who debuted as his love interest in another 2013 super hit flick ‘Varuthapadadha Valibar Sangam’. What more Siva gets to don, the cop’s role in the film. For every actor it’s a dream to act as a Police officer and one can hope Siva lives this dream with finesse. The motion poster which released recently features the charming lad in Kakhi outfit and it has created enormous buss about the actor donning the role n the flick.

The audio release of the film which has been in the making for almost an year  is expected any time soon. The film is expected to release in the earlier part of 2015.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Kakki Sattai
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »
'Kakki Sattai' tracklist announced!

The official track list of ‘Kaaki Sattai’ got released recently giving us an idea of how many tracks are there in the album.

Kaaki Sattai stars Sivakarthikeyan, Sri Divya, Prabhu and many others and is being directed by RS Durai Senthilkumar after the success of his debut feature ‘Ethirneechal’ which also happened to have the same hero Sivakarthikeyan and was produced by Dhanush.

This Anirudh’s musical features seven tracks and looks like there will be more than one instrumental track in the album.

The theme music which got released along with the motion picture is already popular among the youngsters. Vishal Dadlani who sang the chartbusters ‘Oh Penne’, ’Aathi’ for Anirudh is back again behind the microphone for the title track.

It looks like as though Anirudh has used only minimal number of singers for this album and has preferred to sing most songs by himself. The audio of ‘Kakki Sattai’ is scheduled to be released coinciding with Rajini’s birthday on 12th of this month.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »
Kaaki Sattai joins the Pongal race!

Sivakarthikeyan's action comedy, Kakki Sattai  has joined the Pongal race. Today papers have confirmed it as a Pongal release along with the audio that will be launched on Dec 12, Rajinikanth's birthday.

Already biggies like Shankar's I, Vishal's Aambala and Ajith's Yennai Arindhaal are slated for Pongal release and this announcement by Kakki Sattai team has surprised everyone in the K-Town.

Produced by Dhanush's Wunderbar films, the film will be distributed by Escape Artists P. Madan who is known for releasing his films in maximum number of screens.

Sources say that team Kakki Sattai is super confident of releasing the film for Pongal

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
'Kaaki Sattai' audio is peppy

Cast: Sivakarthikeyan, Sri Divya, Prabhu, Vijay Raaz, Manobala
Music: Anirudh Ravichander
Lyrics: Na.Muthukumar, Yugabharathi, Anthony Dasan
Direction: RS Durai Senthilkumar

Anirudh,who is fresh from the success of ‘Kaththi’ is back again with ‘Kaaki Sattai’. After the stupendous musical successes of albums like Ethir Neechal and Maan Karate, ’Kaaki Sattai’ marks the third combination of Anirudh-Siva Karthikeyan. Let us see how the album has turned out:

Kaaki Sattai
Singers: Vishal Dadlani
‘Kaaki Sattai’ marks the reunion of the proven combination of Vishal Dadlani & Anirudh (Remember ‘Oh Penne’, ’Po Nee Po’ & ‘Aathi’ ?) The title track is energetic and has the right balance between instrumentation and vocals with Vishal Dadlani delivering a commanding rendition. Anirudh has tried to emphasize the ‘cop’ feel throughout with sirens, whistles in the background. The ‘taana taana’ humming is the catchiest part during the runtime. An impressive start to the album!

Kaadhal Kan Kattudhe
Singers: Anirudh Ravichander, Shakthisree Gopalan
The album’s best track! ‘Kaadhal Kan Kattudhe’ is a delightful duet which leaves a lasting impression. Shakthisree Gopalan who sung Nenjukulla & Enga Pona Raasa, dominates the show in the early part of the song. Anirudh whose portions come after the first interlude gives an able company to the duet. The tune is simple and has less instrumentation and hence is more soothing. Listen to this in loop!

Kattikida
Singers: Anthony Dasan, Manasi, Anita
The weakest track in the album! ‘Kattikida’ falls under the ‘kuthu’ genre and sticks out like the odd man out in the album. The song shifts styles halfway through only to come back to the old fashioned style again. A very customary track!

Shake That
Singers: Anirudh Ravichander, Brodha V
Hip Hop meets DJ! Brodha V who makes his debut in ‘Shake That’ takes care of the rap portions in the prelude and interludes. This is a track that is made exclusively for the youngsters in the city and the tune is too zingy to miss their tastes. Anirudh does an impressive job behind the microphone as well. An experimentation that is sure to find fans among hip hop lovers.

I’m So Cool
Singers: Anirudh Ravichander
The chartbuster of the album! ‘I am So Cool’ has all the ingredients one would expect out of an Anirudh song. Funky lyrics – check. Peppy beats – check. Tanglish(Tamil + English) lines inbetween – check. This is a complete youngster’s delight and is going to propel the movie big time.

Kaaki Sattai Theme Music
Instrumental
The theme music arrives! This is the music with which the listeners must have been familiar already as it featured in the motion poster. The theme music is highly percussion oriented and is set as an instrumental of the title track with saxophones & beat boxes thrown in. A ringtone material!

The Trooper Theme
Instrumental
‘The Trooper Theme’ has more EDM than the other instrumental in the album and is layered with dubstep. Very techno-ish!

On the whole, Anirudh comes up with another zingy album which is peppy and aimed at the youngsters. The music of ’Kaaki Sattai’ is a winner!

Picks from the album: Kaadhal Kan Kattudhe,I’m So Cool,Kaaki Sattai Theme Music

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »
'Kakki Sattai' trailer on January 10

The trailer of Sivakarthikeyan's upcoming flick Kakki Sattai is all set to release on January 10.

Kakki Sattai is touted to be an action entertainer and for the first time Sivakarthikeyan is playing a cop in the film. Directed by Durai Senthil of Ethir Neechal fame, the film has Prabhu, Soori, Sathish, Sri Divya and many others to its star cast.

Interestingly Dhanush who produced Ethir Neechal is also producing the film under Wunderbar Films and Anirudh Ravichander has composed the music.

Escape Artists Madan who gave two hit ventures Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam and Maan Karate will be distributing the film.

Sources say that the shooting for Kakki Sattai is already completed and once the censor process gets over, the team will officially announce the release date.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:26:47 PM »
'Kakki Sattai' censored, gets clean 'U'

Sivakarthikeyan's Kakki Sattai has been censored with a clean 'U' certificate and our sources say that the film has come out really well.

Produced by Dhanush's Wunderbar Films, Kakki Sattai has ensemble of star cast including Sri Divya, Prabhu, Sathish and Manobala.

Kakki Sattai is  directed by Durai Senthil who earlier gave the super hit Ethir Neechal with Sivakarthikeyan and for the first time the actor has played as a cop in the film.

Though Kakki Sattai was initially slated for pongal, it got delayed due to post production works. Now Sources say that Escape Artists Madan who is holding the theatrical rights of the film will be soon announcing the release date.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 09:30:41 PM »
'Kakki Sattai' confirmed for February release

The makers of Kakki Sattai have officially confirmed that the film will be releasing in February through official advertisements.

It has to be noted that already two big films Yennai Arindhaal and Anegan are scheduled for February 5 and 13 respectively. Now with Kakki Sattai joining the competition, February gets bigger for  Kollywood.

Directed by Durai Senthil, Kakki Sattai has Sivakarthikeyan, Sathish, Sri Divya, Prabhu and many others to its star cast. The film is produced by Dhanush's Wunderbar Films and Escape Artists' Madan is holding the theatrical rights of the film

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 11:14:50 AM »
'Kakki Sattai' confirmed for Feb 27

Sivakarthikeyan’s Kakki Sattai  which has been censored with a clean 'U' certificate, about two weeks back has now a release date. The cop story is confirmed for a February 27 release worldwide.

Kakki Sattai is  directed by Durai Senthil who earlier gave the super hit Ethir Neechal with Sivakarthikeyan and for the first time the actor has played as a cop in the film. Produced by Dhanush's Wunderbar Films, Kakki Sattai has Sri Divya, Prabhu, Sathish and Manobala in the cast.

Though Kakki Sattai was initially slated for pongal, it got delayed due to post production works.  Sources say that Escape Artists Madan who holds Tamil Nadu theatrical rights is keen on Feb 27, as it will give him one-month before summer holiday season starts. It means he gets a virtual solo release.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 09:55:06 PM »
Kakki Sattai-The biggest ever release for Sivakarthikeyan

In an exclusive chat, leading producer P Madan of Escape Artist has said that Kakki Sattai will be the biggest ever release for Sivakarthikeyan. The film releasing worldwide on February 27, is hot among exhibitors.

Madan speaking about the huge buzz around the film says: " All areas have been sold out and theatres are flocking to distributors office to play the film. Trade is having high expectations for Kakki Sattai. As of now, we are planning to release the film in 370 screens and the number might increase in coming days and may cross 400 in Tamil Nadu."

On why he is going for a huge release, Madan says: "As exams are coming up in March, we are trying to cater the film to large number of people in the first two weeks and we are confident that the film will satisfy all section of audiences".

The producer also said that Kakki Sattai will have a special premiere in Dubai and Sivakarthikeyan will leave to UAE for promotions on February 26 and he will return back to India on the same the day so that he could know the audience response on the release day here in Chennai.

On Sivakarthikeyan's rise to stardom, Madan said “I think Sivakarthikeyan's down to earth nature is the secret of his success, he never really takes victory to his head which is a rare quality".

Meanwhile , the media meet of the movie was held yesterday at Chennai. On wearing Khaki for the first time, Siva got emotional and said “As a kid, I grew up watching my father who was an honest cop, he always wanted me to be an IPS officer but after his demise things have
changed".

Siva added “When director Durai Senthilkumar narrated the script of Kakki Sattai, the characterization of Madhi Maran was very much similar to my father's real life character. Thanks to director Durai Senthilkumar, no one would have dared to give me a cop character at the early stage of the career and I'm eagerly waiting to know the feedback from general public and media".

Sivakarthikeyan is said to have put more weight so that it will justify the cop character.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 01:16:59 PM »
Sivakarthikeyan is more confident now, says 'Kakki Sattai' director

After the super hit Ethir Neechal, director Durai Senthilkumar has once again teamed up with Sivakarthikeyan for Kakki Sattai releasing on Feb 27 Unlike their previous film, now Sivakarthikeyan has become a star and his films are reaping gold at the box office. In this exclusive chat with us, director Durai Senthilkumar talks about Kakki Sattai, Sivakarthikeyan’s tremendous rise in stardom and much more…

Despite an entertainer, Ethir Neechal had an underlying emotional current in Nandita’s characterization. It also reminded the audiences about a real life incident. Can we expect similar thing in Kakki Sattai?
Yes, I agree that Ethir Neechal had an emotional quotient and it drawn from a real life incident but Kakki Sattai is pure fiction which will talk about a social issue in a cop’s point of view and how he tackles it. Here too we are having a strong message but a cop’s job is not to fight for his family, he has to fight for problems faced by public as well.

During Ethir Neechal, Sivakarthikeyan was just a newcomer but now he has moved up the ladder to be one of the most sought-after actor
I could see a drastic change in everything, right from dialogue delivery to body language, he has improved a lot. During Ethir Neechal, I had to explain many things but now he is giving me options to choose the apt expression needed for a particular situation which will be evident in the big screen.

Above all, I would say the important factor for an actor is his confidence level and it will come only after success, needless to say Siva has got that in plenty now.

Did you have Dhanush in mind while writing the story of Kakki Sattai?
When I first wrote the script of Kakki Sattai, my only aim is to get Dhanush’s call sheet. Having said that, I prepared an unusual script and genre many directors would not have narrated to him, and I used to call it as ‘operation Dhanush’(Laughs).

As I had Dhanush in my mind, I wrote the film based on how an actor like him would justify the cop role which by itself became a unique characterization. Later when Sivakarthikeyan came on board, we only made some minor changes as both Siva and Dhanush have lot of similarities.

The songs in Kakki Sattai are shot in exotic locations beautifully. Your comments
Generally, I love to hear and watch good songs may be that would have been the reason for your compliment.  Being a commercial director, I always wanted to concentrate in each and every department, be it comedy, songs or fight sequence all demand extra-detailing.

Also, my aim is to be a successful commercial director for which I have to attract young audience and indeed they get attracted only by good songs and eye candy visuals.

Tell us something about the comedy in the film
Like in Ethir Neechal, here too the comedy is in sync with the script and having Sivakarthikeyan on board is an added advantage while writing such comic portions.

Both Kakki Sattai and Ethir Neechal are the titles of yesteryear classics. Any sentimental reasons ?
Initially I never had big interest in naming the film as Kakki Sattai and I opted for a title called ‘Taana’. Later we needed a catchy title which also should be in Tamil for obvious reasons, we can’t opt for over the top titles like ‘Idi’ and ‘Minnal’ for a Siva’s film and I also don’t want to name the film like general cop films like Singam or Alex Pandian as it will give a mass hero feel to the film.

Later, we decided to finalize Kakki Sattai as it is unique and describes the police uniform at the same there is a subtle mass factor in it. But one thing is sure, here after I will not opt for old film titles (smiles)

You come from the Balu Mahendra and Vetri Maran’s school of direction, so can we expect a serious film from you like your mentors?
No, I don’t see me directing serious cinema in future. I’m not a serious person in real life and all I want is to give good commercial films.

Tell us about Escape Artists’ involvement in Kakki Sattai promotions?
The biggest strength of Escape Artists is that they have an excellent back up of seven distributors and they  function like a team which helps the movie to get a wider reach.In coming days, promotions are the key as we have to get the ROI (Return on Investment) within two weeks and Escape Artists are having a unique and massive promotional strategy. For Velai Illa Pattadhari, they released the trailer in nearly 800 theaters in Tamil Nadu and they did the same for Kakki Sattai which really helped our movie to get the much needed buzz.

I would say having a distributor like Escape Artists make you feel luckier as they are doing excellent job in reaching your film to the target audience.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 01:34:19 PM »
'Kakki Sattai' - Big release in US, advance booking opens!

ATMUS Entertainments who are holding the US theatrical rights of Kakki Sattai have announced that the film will be releasing in 34 screens. Remember that this figure breaks Sivakarthikeyan's previous best Maan Karate which was released in 30 screens.

In Tamil Nadu, Escape Artists Motion Pictures will be releasing Kakki Sattai in more than 370 screens and the trade sources are expecting that the number might touch 400 on the release day.

In Chennai, many theaters have opened the 8:00 and 8:30 AM special shows for Kakki Sattai and trade pundits are expecting a record opening for the film. The advance booking is very encouraging according to theatre sources.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 01:56:20 PM »
'Kakki Sattai' is a convincing comedy action entertainer: Sivakarthikeyan

Sivakarthikeyan is currently the red hot hero in Kollywood. His strike rate is awesome with six out of seven releases turning out to be hits at the box-office. The audiences seem to love him, especially the family viewers and the trade thinks his films have an opening.

Sivakarthikeyan’s last four releases were super hits and got established as a saleable star. In an exclusive interview to us the actor opens up about his eighth release Kakki Sattai, hitting the screens this Friday.

Kakki Sattai is your eighth release in your third year in the industry.
Yes, Kakki Sattai is an important film in my career.  I would like to thank the audiences who made me what I’m today, without their support and love I would not have reached so far.

Are you going for an image makeover with Kakki Sattai, as the trailer indicates it is high on action ?
My previous films where all high on comedy. All the films I did so far had large amount of comedy and the audiences loved it, whether it was Ethir Neechal or VVS. Remember I come from a television background where I was hosting a comedy show and I’m also a mimicry artist and done many mimicry shows. Now I want to see the audience reaction when I do a little more serious film, though my trademark comedy will be part of my character.

Kakki Sattai, has you in an action avatar, so you are going to be a typical action hero with you playing a cop?
Please don’t mistake me, I don’t fight with a dozen guys at a time. Yes there are action scenes but done in a convincing manner.

You seem to have struck a chord with the family audiences. What is the secret of your success?
So far all my films were family entertainers. I owe it to the team I worked with whether it is Anirudh or D Imman, and my directors like Durai Senthil Kumar and others. We clicked as a team.

You have a nice chemistry with Sri Divya, as proved by VVS. Tell us something about it.
The combination with Sri Divya worked wonders with VVS. And already the visuals of the song Kathal Kan Kattudhe has created a good buzz. I guess there is some on-screen chemistry between us (Laughs).

Anirudh and you seem to have a ball in all your films.
Ani right from 3 days is somebody special and all our films had good music. Kakki Sattai music is already a chartbuster.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 08:57:01 PM »
Kakki Sattai-Time pass entertainer

Director: Durai Senthilkumar
Cast: Sivakarthikeyan, Sri Divya, Vijay Raaz
Music: Anirudh
Producer: Dhanush

In Tamil cinema, to reach the top and get mass base as a star, one has to do an action hero role. And the most preferred role is that of an honest no-nonsense cop who takes on the baddies. Sivakarthikeyan who made a smooth transition from television anchor to popular cinema as man with funny bone is now in this transition zone.

After doing seven boy-next-door roles in comedy based family entertainers, Siva the fastest rising star of Tamil cinema has chosen Durai Senthilkumar directed Kakki Sattai as his first mass hero film. And as per tradition, he plays an honest police constable who unearths organised crime in organ trade.

Mathimaran (Sivakarthikeyan) is an honest constable who does not like the corrupt going on's in the force. At one point of time, Mathiraman explodes at his higher official (Prabhu,) who challenges him to expose a sensitive case. Interestingly Mathi, along with his girlfriend Divya (Sri Divya) comes across an underworld organ trade run by a powerful don Durai (Vijay Raaz) who is backed by political leaders and the Police commissioner.

So, whatever an average movie-goer seeks- time-pass entertainment, is there in Kakki Sattai. And it is the comedy inspired performance from Sivakarthikeyan that keeps the film fresh. He is convincing, has a likable face and it goes beyond words that he is star material. Kakki Sattai has a familiar plot of organ trade (we saw it recently in Yennai Arindaal) is exaggerated and formulaic, but relies squarely on the charm of its leading man to pull off its over-the-top tone.

Technically, Kakki Sattai is top notch and looks grand on big screen; thanks to Anirudh who lifts the movie with his pulsating background score and peppy songs which look even more beautiful with Sukumar's eye-catching camera work. It must be admitted that after Sivakarthikeyan, all credits should go to Anirudh for the melodious 'Kadhal Kan Kattudhe ...' shot in Norway, the foot tapping 'I'm So Cool...' and the title song 'Kakki Sattai...'.

On the downside the plot of organ trade is too familiar for the audiences. Heroine Sri Divya has a sleepy look throughout and even in songs she lacks the energy and eye-candy feel needed for a heroine in mass films. Imman Annachi is a revelation as a comedian and his unique 'Thoothukudi' slang evokes some good laughter.

Vijay Raaz has done a commendable job as a cool yet powerful baddie while Prabhu has once again given a powerful performance as a practical police officer. Though comic episodes of Mano Bala appear to be forced, the spoof on adult comedian 'Hara Hara Mahadev Ki' brings the roof down.

On the whole, Kakki Sattai is a crowd-pleaser that knows exactly who its audience is.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »
'Kakki Sattai' opens big in Tamil Nadu

Rising star Sivakarthikeyan's Kakki Sattai has taken a humongous opening on its day one of its release. It has netted an awesome Rs 4.62 Crore on Friday (Feb 27) from 372 screens in Tamil Nadu.

Kakki Sattai is the best opening for a Sivakarthikeyan film and the trade is super happy with the film's initial box office collection. Though the film carries mixed reports it is a safe bet at the box-office.

Directed by Durai Senthilkumar, Escape Artists have released Kakki Sattai in nearly 372 screens in Tamil Nadu. The film has worked largely due to aggressive promotions by Escape Artists, as songs and interviews of Sivakarthikeyan and rest of the team are there in all channels.

The area wise break-up of Kakki Sattai's first day collection as follows -   

Chengalpet - 1.05 crs
Coimbatore - 0.75 crs
North/ South Arcot- 0.62 Crs
Trichy Tanjore (TT)T-0.50 Crs
Chennai city - 0.45 Crs
Madurai- Ramanthapuram(MR)- 0.60 Crs
Tirunelveli-Kanyakumari (TK) - 0.25 Crs
Salem-0.40 Crs

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 08:39:08 PM »
Sivakarthikeyan thanks stars,fans & media

Sivakarthikeyan’s Kakki Sattai has become a big hit in Kollywood and it is his highest grossing film so far.  The actor is extremely happy with the box office success of Kakki Sattai and he has thanked his fans, media and other actors' fans as well.

“Thanks to MyDear Fans,All Stars' fans,Media,Press,Websites,Cinema portals for d support&collections.Thanks 4 making KaakiSattai Super hit” posted Sivakarthikeyan in his Twitter page.

Sivakarthikeyan is currently busy with the shooting of Rajini Murugan and already the film’s Tamil Nadu theatrical rights have been snapped by Studio Green.

Rajini Murugan will be releasing in June.