• Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
THERI
« on: March 21, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »
GV50- 'Theri' audio review

Cast: Vijay, Samantha, Amy Jackson
Music: GV Prakash Kumar
Lyrics: Rokesh,Pa.Vijay,Kabilan,Pulamaipithan,Na.Muthukumar,R. Thiyagarajan,Arunraja Kamaraj Direction: Atlee

Jithu Jiladi
Singers: Deva, Balachandran
Lyrics: Rokesh
The much totuted ‘ulagatharalocal’ song! ‘Jithu Jiladi’ looks all set to make Vijay dazzle in his dancing shoes in a local song. The charanam portions seem as good fodder for some montage shots as well where Vijay gets to show off his police-isms. Deva (who was last heard in ‘Maan Karate’) makes a grand comeback in his usual style and there is no better explorer in the gaana genre as him. The bits that came in the teaser, come here as the prelude and interludes and are certainly the high points of the song. If you get initially taken aback because of the gaana genre of the song, try sticking to hearing it for multiple times! It grows!

En Jeevan
Singers: Hariharan, Saindhavi, Vaikom Vijayalakshmi
Lyrics: Na.Muthukumar, R Thiyagarajan
‘En Jeevan’ is right up GV’s alley! Having known as the composer with a penchant for melodies, the composer adds one more soulful melody to his repertoire. It is nice to listen to Hariharan after quite a long time (at least, it feels that way!). The Sanskrit slokas rendered in the interludes by Vaikom Vijayalakshmi sure elevates the tune. Also to be liked, is the fact that the song is more earthy without any jarring instruments and more focus has been given to the Rhythm and soul of the track.

Eena Meena Teeka
Singers: Uthra Unni Krishnan, GV Prakash Kumar
Lyrics: Pa.Vijay, Arunraja Kamaraj
‘Eena Meena Teeka’ reunites the successful ‘Saivam’ combo! This track which showcases itself as a Father-Daughter song is heavily montage driven. The lyrics seem fun and the singers (Uthra and GV) render it light and zingy. More to be enjoyed with the visuals!

Chella Kutti
Singers: Vijay, Neeti Mohan
Lyrics: Kabilan
‘Chella Kutti’ is also in the news as the movie’s star is doubling up as the singer here. To begin with, the track has some interesting additions – the Carribean styled beats in the background, dub step interlude, usage of Clarinet for instance. Vijay’s voice has been auto-tuned to quite a large extent whereas Neeti Mohan adds one more perfect rendition to her Discography. May not be liked instantly by everyone, but has potential to grow with the visuals!

Thaimai
Singers: Bombay Jayashri
Lyrics: Pulamaipithan ‘Thaimai’ is a short, content driven number that seems to be situational alongside the movie’s narration. In all probabilities, would probably occur in the situation where Vijay doubles up as the mother for the kid as well (emotional scenes). There is a tinge of melancholy in the tune which has been constantly stirred by the flute backgrounds.

Raangu
Singers: T Rajendar, Sonu Kakkar, GV Prakash Kumar
Lyrics: Kabilan
Raangu’ is commericalization at its optimum! T Rajendar is surprisingly made to sing little mellowed and Sonu Kakkar makes up the perfect foil for this peppy, foot-tapping number. Although the pattern is old as the hills, the tune is dished out in a certain energetic fashion that would still impress the listeners. And, TR Mahalingam’s ‘Kaayadha Kaanagatha’ at the beginning is a chuckle worthy addition.

Dub Theri Step 
Singers: Arunraja Kamaraj
The top draw of the album! ‘Dub Theri Step’ makes for a rollicking ringtone material with quite an impressive mix of dubstep/rap. The chorus portions are such a fodder for the star vehicle and the track is laced with trumpets & chimes surfacing the dubstep. Watch out for this during the titles & re-recording!

On the whole, ‘Theri’ cooks up a mixture of songs of various varieties. There’s a gaana track, a soulful duet, a melancholic pathos, a fun montage track, an uber cool dance number and a cracking theme music. GV Prakash has tried to stay versatile and has pulled it off. Though ‘Theri’ is not as soundtrack driven as a Thupakki or a Kaththi, it stakes up well in its own zone. Give it some time; the soundtrack might be well set on our ears by the time the movie releases.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:43:32 PM by MysteRy »

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: THERI
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »
‘Theri’ US rights sold for a record price

Thanks to the stunning trailer, US distribution rights of Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Theri have been sold for a record 3cr. Cine Galaxy, who is going to release Rajinikanth’s Kabali and Suriya’s ‘24’ has locked the deal on Sunday here in Chennai.

Directed by Atlee, ‘Theri’ also has Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Amy Jackson, Nainika, Mahendran, Raadhika Sarath Kumar and Prabhu in important roles.

The film’s producer Kalaipuli S Thanu is planning for a grand theatrical release on April 14 and the team is likely to clear the censor procedure by last week of March.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
Songs in 'Theri' are both mass and classy: GV Prakash

Just two days after the release of the much awaited ‘Theri’ album, composer turned actor GV Prakash Kumar shares his thoughts with us on the response for the album, the idea that went behind composing the songs, handling expectations from fans and many more.

Here are the excerpts from the interview:

How do you think the response has been for the album?
It has just been two days since the audio launch and the album has already fetched more than 1 million views in Youtube. It is very rare for a South Indian movie to get this response all over the country. Also, the album has become no.1 in India’s iTunes chart as well as in Malaysia. So, the response has been quite overwhelming.

Being your 50th film, there was quite a lot of expectations from not only Vijay fans but  yours as well. How did you set about working for the album?
We knew there would be tremendous hype from the beginning. This is my second project with Atlee after Raja Rani’s success and my second collaboration for a Vijay sir’s movie. Also, this happens to be my 50th film. From the onset, I wanted to deliver exciting songs for the fans. I didn’t want to do regular numbers for this album. I wanted to breakout from the stereotyped commercial fare and thus, started working on this album. I hope I have created an album that’d be lapped up by the fans.

What was the reaction of Vijay after hearing the songs of ‘Theri’?
Once I finished all the songs, I sent over the CD to Vijay sir. After listening to the entire album, he messaged me “semma album nanba!”. Dhanu sir was also equally impressed with the album and we all know how he spoke about the album in the audio launch. It was nice to get positive responses from them.

The album does have songs encompassing various genres. What was the idea behind that?
We wanted to make the music appealing for all the sections of audience. We have blended the music for masses with classy numbers. Deva sir & TR sir have sung for the massy numbers while we have used singers like Hariharan & Bombay Jayshri for the melodies. The album has an interesting mixture of all sorts of genres.

How has the background score of the film progressed so far?
I have done the re-recording for the 1st half of the movie. The entire movie will be in the mood of the trailer and will appeal to the fans. We are focusing on a high energy score as far as the re-recording is concerned. The ‘Dubstep Theri’ theme will definitely be used in the mass scenes.

Now that ‘Theri’ has got released, what would be your future projects?
My next audio would be Enaku Innoru Per Iruku. Bruce Lee is also in the making. I have started shooting for Rajesh sir’s movie as well. Apart from these, there are plenty of other exciting projects in the pipeline as well.

The composer signed off by saying “Please do watch the response for Jithu Jiladi in the theatres. It was composed keeping Vijay fans in mind”.  The wait is on.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 10:10:46 PM »
Dil Raju procure Telugu theatrical rights of 'Theri'

Famous Telugu distributor and producer, Dil Raju has officially snapped the Telugu theatrical rights of Ilayathalapathy’s ‘Theri’ for a whopping price. The deal has been signed recently and an official announcement is expected by this weekend.

Reportedly ‘Dil’ Raju is impressed with the rushes of ‘Theri’ and has signed the deal with the film’s producer, Kalaipuli S Thanu.

It is rather interesting to note that the Telugu dubbing rights of Thanu’s Kabali starring Superstar Rajinikanth too have been sold to ‘Dil’ Raju. Directed by Atlee, the rest of the territories are also likely to be locked by this weekend.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 07:44:45 PM »
Songs in 'Theri' are both mass and classy: GV Prakash

Just two days after the release of the much awaited ‘Theri’ album, composer turned actor GV Prakash Kumar shares his thoughts with us on the response for the album, the idea that went behind composing the songs, handling expectations from fans and many more.

Here are the excerpts from the interview:

How do you think the response has been for the album?
It has just been two days since the audio launch and the album has already fetched more than 1 million views in Youtube. It is very rare for a South Indian movie to get this response all over the country. Also, the album has become no.1 in India’s iTunes chart as well as in Malaysia. So, the response has been quite overwhelming.

Being your 50th film, there was quite a lot of expectations from not only Vijay fans but  yours as well. How did you set about working for the album?
We knew there would be tremendous hype from the beginning. This is my second project with Atlee after Raja Rani’s success and my second collaboration for a Vijay sir’s movie. Also, this happens to be my 50th film. From the onset, I wanted to deliver exciting songs for the fans. I didn’t want to do regular numbers for this album. I wanted to breakout from the stereotyped commercial fare and thus, started working on this album. I hope I have created an album that’d be lapped up by the fans.

What was the reaction of Vijay after hearing the songs of ‘Theri’?
Once I finished all the songs, I sent over the CD to Vijay sir. After listening to the entire album, he messaged me “semma album nanba!”. Dhanu sir was also equally impressed with the album and we all know how he spoke about the album in the audio launch. It was nice to get positive responses from them.

The album does have songs encompassing various genres. What was the idea behind that?
We wanted to make the music appealing for all the sections of audience. We have blended the music for masses with classy numbers. Deva sir & TR sir have sung for the massy numbers while we have used singers like Hariharan & Bombay Jayshri for the melodies. The album has an interesting mixture of all sorts of genres.

How has the background score of the film progressed so far?
I have done the re-recording for the 1st half of the movie. The entire movie will be in the mood of the trailer and will appeal to the fans. We are focusing on a high energy score as far as the re-recording is concerned. The ‘Dubstep Theri’ theme will definitely be used in the mass scenes.

Now that ‘Theri’ has got released, what would be your future projects?
My next audio would be Enaku Innoru Per Iruku. Bruce Lee is also in the making. I have started shooting for Rajesh sir’s movie as well. Apart from these, there are plenty of other exciting projects in the pipeline as well.

The composer signed off by saying “Please do watch the response for Jithu Jiladi in the theatres. It was composed keeping Vijay fans in mind”.  The wait is on.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 07:48:07 PM »
'Theri' TN business kicks off

Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s ‘Theri’ TN business has commenced as the Coimbatore area rights of the film have been sold to Monica Films Senthil (Endhiran, Singam) for a whopping price.

The film’s AP/TG rights are with ‘Dil’ Raju, who will be announcing the Telugu title today on Twitter. Meanwhile, the theatrical trailer of the film has crossed five million views on You Tube and the team is overwhelmed with the response.

Directed by Atlee, the film has Samantha playing the role of a doctor while Amy Jackson will be seen a teacher hailing from Kerala.

Veteran director Mahendran plays as a deadly antagonist in Theri , which also has Prabhu, Raadhika, ‘Naan Kadavul’ Rajendran and Nainika in pivotal roles.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »
Team ‘Theri’ apply for censors

Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Theri team has applied for censors and if all goes well, the verdict on censorship will be revealed this week.

Reportedly, DI and BGM work are complete and the film is all set for a grand release on April 14. Meanwhile, Monica Films, who recently bought the Coimbatore area rights of Theri, have also locked the TK (Tirunelveli-Kanyakumari) area for a whopping price.

Trade sources say that all the territories have been sold by the film’s producer, Kalaipuli S Thanu at a record price and he is super confident with the output.

Directed by Atlee, Theri  has Samantha, Amy, Mahendran, Nainika, Rajendran, Prabhu and Raadhika in important roles.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 07:33:27 PM »
'Theri' Kerala rights sold for a record price

The Kerala distribution rights of Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Theri have been sold for a record 5.6cr, which is the highest for a non-Malayalam movie in the state.

Reportedly Carnival Pictures and Friday Film House have snapped the rights and they have signed the deal yesterday (March 30).

Earlier Shankar’s ‘I’ was sold for a whopping 5.35cr in Kerala, now ‘Theri’ has officially surpassed the record.

Sources say that Theri’s producer Thanu is selling the distribution rights at a record price and hence, there is a delay in locking the deal in various territories. But once, the film gets censored, rest of the areas will also be sold out.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 12:19:47 AM »
'Theri' will engage, entertain and in the end win every heart with a positive message, says Atlee

Atlee is a busy man. The tall, dark lean young man is aiming for the stars but still prefers to be grounded.  He is in a comfortable and secure place in his career right now.  Just two film old and he is on the wish list of almost all top actors in South. Talking to Sridevi Sreedhar on the eve of the release of Theri, Atlee opens up..

“Theri is an emotional, action family entertainer. The content speaks about triumph over trails. It will engage, entertain and in the end win every heart with a positive message”, says an extremely confident Atlee.

On his present state of mind, he says:” I'm sure that I've made a good film and today on the eve of the release I am nervous and happy. I think I am blessed that my second film is reaching out to more number of people. But along with great expectations comes more responsibility and I realize that I've to work harder”.

So how was it working with Ilayathalapathy Vijay? “He is a director’s actor and at no point of time in my journey with him during the making of Theri did he interfere or make any suggestion. He is a wonderful person and I respect him not only as an actor but as a person. I was truly overwhelmed by his energy and patience”

Atlee adds that Theri has a very simple story and the underlying message is it is your upbringing that decides a person’s character and that one should bring up your children as responsible citizens. By doing so, the crime rate in our country is sure to go down.

Ask him about rumours doing the round that he is doing a film next with Mahesh Babu, and he smiles: “Please let me enjoy this Theri moment. I am in no mood to discuss or even think about my next project”.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 12:25:42 AM »
5 reasons why you should watch 'Theri'

Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Theri has done an exceptional 100cr+ pre-release business and the film is all set to release tomorrow (April 14) worldwide. Here lists out five reasons why you should watch Theri on the big screen and why the film is all set to be a super hit.

Ilayathalapathy Vijay
After his experimental attempt at Puli, Ilayathalapathy is back to what he is best known for, ‘mass action family entertainer’.  The trailer and teaser of Theri have already given us a glimpse that the film has plenty of mass commercial moments to enthrall the loyal fans of the star.

Atlee
Although Atlee is a one film old director, Raja Rani was celebrated by the youngsters and the same set of audiences are now eagerly looking forward to see how he has handled a superstar. Little Nainika is a surprise element.

Mahendran
Veteran director Mahendran is debuting as a villain in Theri. Reportedly, Mahendran is appearing only in few scenes but his powerful performance will be one of the biggest highlights in the film.

Amy Jackson and Samantha
The film has two lovely ladies—Samantha and Amy Jackson, who have great fan following among youngsters. Also, the film’s director Atlee has said that both the heroines have equal scope and they are very important in the screenplay flow.

Kalaipuli S Thanu
Kalaipuli S Thanu is known for his tremendous marketing strategy and the producer is already bombing promo videos in all TV channels and aggressive promotions in leading newspapers and portals.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 12:52:05 AM »
'Theri' will be a game changer for me in Kollywood :Samantha

Samantha is keeping her fingers crossed as Theri the most awaited film of 2016 releases today. In a candid chat with the Golden girl of Tollywood, I discuss about her success, failures and much more... During my conversation Sam as she is known among friends came across as articulate, crisp and sensible. She is surely on the rise and there are many more worlds to conquer. With her single minded determination, it should be a cakewalk.

Life’s been a whirlwind after continuous blockbusters in Telugu. Now what?
(Laughs) Moving along with the whirlwind. There has been much appreciation and lot of good work coming my way. It all been positive and I love my work. I hope it sustains.

In terms of box-office, you had a spate of expensive disasters in Tamil like Anjaan, 10 Endrathukkula and the recent Thangamagan. Comments
I had worked hard for these films and was expecting a lot. I really wish I knew why these films failed. For people it might just be a film that didn't do well, but for me it was a journey and learning experience.   Failures really bother me but I am not someone to be bogged down by it.

I hope and pray that Theri is a game changer for me in Tamil (smiles)

It is strange that you are the numero uno star of Tollywood but lady luck seem to be avoiding you in Tamil. Is it because of wrong choices or your full-on glam persona that’s working against you?
Not at all. Tell me which heroine will say no to films with great banners, good directors and fabulous co-stars? I have been honest to my work and I even took up risky characters like the baddie I played in 10 Endrathukkula or a wife in Thangamagan. I am always disappointed when my films don’t do well but the beautiful part is that I am learning so much so fast that I can’t wait to learn more. This year, I am positive that both Theri and 24 will have something new for audiences.

Tell us about Theri?
Theri has a lot of positivity around it. It is Atlee’s baby and he is a guy with lot of clarity. Otherwise do you think a director who is just one film old can handle a superstar like Vijay so beautifully? During the shoot I had not seen a single time when Vijay had any doubts or asked any questions to him. Atlee had everything visualised in his mind and he was so focussed.

It is your second film with Vijay?
Yes. It helped a lot as I play his wife in Theri and so the chemistry had to work right from the first scene. As I knew him well, it was easy and thereby the shoot went on smoothly and not to forget I have a very demanding role.

Why were you missing at the audio launch and press meet?
I was in Hyderabad shooting simultaneously for two big projects- Brahmotsavam with Mahesh Babu and A.. Aa directed by Trivikram Srinivas with Nithin. Both the films are slated for May release and we are rushing against time to complete them. Hence I could not be in Chennai, but I will make up for it after release (smiles)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 01:03:42 AM »
Theri review:

Director:Atlee

Cast: Vijay, Mahendran, Samantha, Amy

Theri lives up to the promise and delivers the goods as a racy emotional action entertainer. While reviewing Vijay films one has to compare it with the actor’s previous films and this one is sure going to directly appeal to the masses. It is a crowd-pleaser that knows exactly who its audience is.

Thanks to its slick presentation Atlee has a cleverly crafted a predictable story which plays to the galleries. However it is Vijay’s outstanding charisma and performance in two different characters that makes the film a superior commercial cinema.

We are introduced to the small world of Joseph Kuruvila (Vijay), and his daughter Nivi (Nainika) who lives somewhere in Kerala (Goa locations are matched well to make it look like Kerala). Annie (Amy Jackson) is teacher at school and she has a crush on Joseph. All is well till a small accident leads to a series of events thereby we get to know about Joseph’s past. He is Vijaykumar IPS an upright police officer who locks horn with a local politician (Mahendran) whose son commits a heinous crime.

On the downside, Theri is exaggerated and formulaic, but relies squarely on the charm of its leading man to pull off its over-the-top tone. But that’s all part of the design. Atlee has borrowed the plot and inevitably comparisons can be drawn with Vijaykanth’s 1990 hit Chatriyan.

Vijay’s scorching screen-presence and his infectious energy is the highlight. Nainika is super cute.  Samantha in a clichéd role as Vijay's lover and wife who gets killed gets her fair share of screen time. But same cannot be said about Amy who not only looks uncomfortable in that funny wig but has nothing much to do.  Mahendran is classy while Radhika Sarathkumar as the super cool mom is impressive. 

Technically George C. Williams camera is good and Ruben’s editing is sharp. GV Prakash scores with his 50th album, as all the songs are hummable while our pick is En Jeevan which is melodious. On the whole, Theri is strictly escapist fun...a satisfying Vijay masala entertainer.  Go for it, you will not regret.

Offline LoShiNi

• Forum VIP
  • Classic Member
  • "Behind every successful woman is Herself " :)
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 06:12:07 AM »
Im not Vijay's fan but after watching this movie i kinda liking him now sis  ;D ;D Superb movie !!! And i dont regret watching it coz its worth it !!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 09:18:24 PM »
Sis good to know that :) :)

Naan inum parkala soon parpen Sis  :)

Offline LoShiNi

• Forum VIP
  • Classic Member
  • "Behind every successful woman is Herself " :)
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 06:47:29 AM »
:) Watch it soon Sis..Im sure u will enjoy it !