Author Topic: Puli  (Read 2897 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: Puli
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 08:50:46 AM »
CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani snaps 'Puli' !

Central Board of Film Certification’s chief, Phalaj Nihalani has snapped the Hindi distribution rights of Ilayathalapthy Vijay’s Puli. Apparently, Puli will be taking on Akshay Kumar’s Singh is Bling on Hindi but the distribution house is planning to release in sizable number of screens across North India.

Meanwhile, Sridevi, who will be seen playing an important role in the film has urged her fans to catch the fantasy adventure on big screen.

“Sharing the look of PULI. A fun filled fantasy! Pull yourself with your kids & friends to the nearest theater.Oct 1st”, tweeted Sridevi.

Directed by Chimbu Devan, Puli also has ensemble of star cast including Shruti Haasan,Hansika,Sudeep, Nandita Swetha, Prabhu, Thambi Ramiah and others.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »
'Puli' to release in more than 100 screens in USA!

Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli will be releasing in more than 100 screens in USA alone. The film will have special premiere on September 30 in North America and ATMUS Entertainment, USA distributors of Puli have confirmed it.

“#Puli USA Screen Count.. trying hard to hit the century for Tamil alone.. Will update within 24 hours” wrote, ATMUS Entertainment on Twitter.

Apparently, ATMUS will be releasing both the Tamil and Telugu versions of Puli in USA.   Directed by Chimbu Devan, the film is slated to release on October 1 in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »
Vijay's 'Puli' new trailer soon!

Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli is all set to release on October 1st in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi. Already, the first trailer of the film has got stupendous response that it has clocked in more than six million views and one lakh likes. Now, the team will be releasing a brand new trailer to attract the Telugu and Hindi audiences.

Apparently the new trailer will be releasing in another two days and an official announcement will be out soon. Directed by Chimbu Devan, Puli’s Telugu distribution rights are with SVR private limited while Pahlaj Nihalani is holding the Hindi rights.

Billed as a fantasy entertainer, Puli has ensemble of star cast including Shruti Haasan, Sridevi, Hansika, Sudeep and many others.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 10:18:41 AM »
Puli second trailer is a visual extravaganza!

The second theatrical trailer of Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli is a pure visual extravaganza that the CG works are extremely impressive comparing to Indian standards.

Fantasy elements including a giant man, gargantuan birds, tortoise, majestic castles, Black Panther and racy stunts are certainly increasing the curiosity and it shows the massive efforts invested in the VFX and CG department.

By all means, it looks like Puli  is the most ambitious project of Vijay and already,the expectations have skyrocketed. Directed by Chimbu Devan, Puli has Sridevi, Shruti Haasan, Hansika, Sudeep, Nandita Swetha and many others.

The film is slated for a grand release in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi on October 1.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2015, 10:21:42 AM »
'Puli' running time is 2 hrs 34 mints and 5 sec.

Advance booking of Ilayathalapathy Vijay's grandiose flick, Puli is going on a full swing that theaters in Chennai have  allotted almost all their big screens and prime shows for the film.

Now, the team has officially revealed the running time of the film which is 2 hrs 34 minutes and 5 seconds.

People in the trade feel that 154 minutes is an apt running time for a big budget film and they are visibly happy with the length of the movie.

Apparently, Puli will be the biggest ever release in Vijay's career. Early estimates say that the film will easily release in more than 2000 screens across the globe.

The film is slated to release on October 1 in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2015, 10:29:32 AM »
'Puli' to release in Japan and China?

According to PT Selvakumar, one of the producers of  Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli, the film may get dubbed in Japanese and Chinese languages that his team is planning to have a grand theatrical release in the respective countries. If all goes well, Puli will be a huge milestone in Vijay’s career.

As Puli is a fantasy entertainer, the makers believe that it will be enjoyed by audiences all over the world irrespective of languages. Directed by Chimbu Devan, the film will have a grand theatrical release on October 1st in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 07:54:36 PM »
Do not compare 'Puli' to 'Baahubali', says Chimbu Devan

Back in 60s and 70s, fantasy films were the favorite genre in Kollywood. We had Pattinathil Bootham, Vedhala Ulagam, Allaudinum Arbutha Vilakkum but after that filmmakers did not show big interest in making such flicks. After a long time, it was Chimbu Devan who re-explored fantasy genre through his films like Imsai Arasan, Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singam and now he is all set for the never seen before fantasy adventure of Indian cinema, Puli starring Ilayathalapathy Vijay, which will be releasing in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi on October 1.

“Basically I’m a cartoonist and right from my childhood days, had interest for comic books and characters. Maybe that’s why I prefer to make such fantasy flicks”, said Chimbu Devan.

“Everyone would have loved fantasy films during their childhood. Before thirty years, Tamil cinema used to produce a lot fantasy films but due to some unknown reasons, we have stopped making such movies but even now, Telugu filmmakers are exploring it”, added the director.

“Advantage of making adventure fantasy film is that this particular genre does not have language barrier. Right from six to sixties,it will be liked by all age groups, and the icing on the cake is of course, having a big hero like Vijay on board. I’m sure Puli will not only attract the loyal fans of Vijay for by all the movie buffs”, gushed Chimbu Devan.

There were rumors that Chimbu Devan went with a story board to narrate the script for Vijay but the director has a different version to say “No, I met Vijay sir only with a bounded script and right after the first listen, he told me ‘I was expecting this kind of story for a long time. Do it without making any changes’ which has gave me a lot of confidence”, said the director.

But the director indeed had a story board during the process of filmmaking. When asked, Chimbu said “ As I said earlier, being a cartoonist I had the advantage of drawing my own scenes which has helped me for having clear communication with my art director and cinematographer”.

Normally fantasy flicks in International cinema would consume a lot of time but Chimbu Devan finished Puli within one year, which is remarkable. Speaking about it, the director said “We don’t really have the freedom like foreign filmmakers but I won’t complain considering the limitation prevails here”.

“ I see the process of completing a film within the said time period is a professional ethics of a director and I’m glad we have done it in Puli”, added the director.

For Puli, Chimbu Devan along with the VFX supervisor RC Kamalakannan and art director Muthuraj worked together even before the commencement of the film. Everything is preplanned in Puli which is the main reason for completing the film in a record time.

“I would say RC Kamalkannan and Muthuraj’s work in the film is remarkable. Visuals would be seen blended in the movie that you can’t say which is real set and which one is VFX. ”, said Chimbu Devan.

Going by the trailer, the film gives us a feeling of set in ancient period with kingdom backdrop. When asked whether the dialogues used in the film is ‘classic Tamil’ or colloquial language, Chimbu Devan said “I prefer not to reveal it now because you have to experience it on screen but I’m sure it will be interesting. Watch out”.

Talking about Sridevi who is making her comeback in Tamil films after 28 years, Chimbu Devan said “Sridevi  mam plays a queen in the film. When she heard the story, her immediate reaction was ‘I have done many films in my carer but this character and backdrop is very unique. I will definitely do this project’”.

Sharing the experience in working with the legendary actress, Chimbu Devan said “ Sridevi mam is a positive person and she is completely down to earth”.

The director has already said that his film is no Baahubali and the comparison is irrelevant. “ Puli is a fantasy adventure which is sure to appeal for universal audiences. If you come without any expectation, it would be more than satisfying”, signs off Chimbu Devan.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 08:00:12 PM »
Vijay offered prayers for 'Puli' success?

There is a buzz in K-town that Vijay has secretly offered prayers at Srivilliputhur Andal Temple for the success of his upcoming big budget movie, Puli. 

Apparently, the actor is said to have covered his face so that one could identify him

But some fans noticed him in the temple and actor has requested them to not let the information out. Normally, Vijay visits Velankani Madha temple during the release of his new movies and now for the first he is said to have visited Srivilliputhur for Puli.

Puli is slated to release on October 1 in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2015, 08:26:10 PM »
Vijay watches 'Puli' with his family and friends!

Ilayathalapathy Vijay has apparently watched his soon to be released fantasy flick, Puli at the state-of-the-art Tagore Preview Theater located inside the Government Music University, R.A Puram, Adyar.

We hear that Vijay has watched the special show along with close friends and family who are said to have appreciated the actor for providing a wholesome entertainment.  Directed by Chimbu Devan, Puli has ensemble of star cast including Sridevi, Shruti Haasan, Hansika, Sudeep and many others.

Reportedly, Puli will be releasing in more than 2000 screens in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi on October 1.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »
"I'm watching Puli FDFS": Hansika

2015 has been super special to Hansika as all her films like Romeo Juliet got the whopping numbers at ticket windows and Vaalu was an average grosser.  But Hansika isn’t the one to rest on her laurels and she is currently working on three films simultaneously. She is all praise for Vijay, the man of the moment and her co-star in Puli, her big release. Sridevi Sreedhar is swept over by her cool charm

Did you watch Puli?
No, I have not watched it yet. I will be going to a multiplex in Mumbai with family and friends FDFS on October 1. I am also keen to watch it in a Chennai theatre when I am there next time to see the audience reaction. And please do let me know what you thought after watching it, as I am dying to hear what audiences and critics feel about it (smiles)

But what is the feedback that you are getting?
Few people who watched the film last night is extremely happy and excited about it. They told me that kids are sure to enjoy it and the fantasy elements will grab a lot of attention.  They tell me that it is after a very long time that fantasy genre is back in Tamil. One thing is for sure and that is- It will please everyone.

So you play a princess in Puli?
Yes I play a character who is the daughter of Sridevi’s character. Initially I am very excited but it was not easy to look prim and proper all the time. My make-up and hair, costumes were heavy and I had to walk in that for the entire day. I used to take atleast three hours to get ready and it was impossible to even sit down in a chair during breaks. The dialogues were is pure Tamil and so I had to get my lip sync and posture correct. But in the end it was a very exhilarating experience.

How was it working with Vijay for second time?
(Laughs) I used to wonder how Vijay become younger by the day. He is so energetic and rubs his positivity on to others. He is a big motivating factor and it is interesting to see him so alive, free flowing and organic as the camera starts rolling.

How about Chimbu Devan, your director?
He is very clear when it comes to costumes, hair, the accessories, and he has every scene visualised before we go for the shoot. In fact my costumes and my look were decided by sir and I am happy that I got a chance to work with him.  The manner in which he shot Puli is brilliant.

How many songs do you have in the film?
I have two songs with Vijay. In the album my favs are Sottavaala and Mannavanae...

Has Baahubali created a bench mark for period films in south?
It is not fair to draw comparisons between Puli and Baahubali as they are not in the same genre. Puli is not a war film and there is no war footage in it. It is a total family entertainer with fantasy elements for kids packaged with all commercial ingredients that one expects in a Vijay film.

As an actor what’s the difference in you today from the first shot you gave in Maappilai?
 Oh (smiles) Big time.. Positive feedback and success gives you the reassurance that you are doing good work and that you belong here.  I think I have created my own space here and I am in a happy zone.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 08:38:49 PM »
IT raids team-Puli, Nayan and Samantha?

The biggest news that came in today (Sep 30) morning, is that Income Tax department has raided Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s house and also the properties of actresses, Samantha and Nayanthara. It is also said that properties of PT Selvakumar and Thameens, producers of Puli are also brought under the surveillance during this raid.

It has to be noted that the unexpected raid is happening just before release the day of Puli, a big budget fantasy film, which will be releasing in more than 2000 screens worldwide.

We hear that nearly 25 to 30 locations in Tamil Nadu, Hyderabad and Kerala are being raided.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »
Puli update: Theaters cancelled morning show, confusion prevails!

For Ilayathalapathy fans, who are clueless about the sudden hindrance on the release of Puli, here is the information what we have collected from our sources.

Apparently, Puli producers are yet to get clearance from Qube for which they have to settle the pending amount. Because of the income tax raid, distributors and theater owners were unable to reach the producers.

If producers of Puli settle the pending amount to Qube, KDM would be sent  to respective theaters and shows will begin as planned.

Mean time, some of the theaters have informed that the morning show of Puli have been officially cancelled while others are waiting for the final word from the producers.

In overseas, the premiers are being cancelled and they have informed the patrons that the film will only releasing by noon.

Mean time, there is also a buzz that Puli has some dialogues which indirectly targets the ruling government and if the makers mute the scenes, the film might get release as planned.

Just like how Vijay's Thalaivaa got released by removing the 'Time to Lead' caption, Puli too has some politically ambitious dialogues and hence the film has not got tax exemption.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2015, 01:23:30 PM »
Vijay in action, 'Puli' to open with noon shows?

On Wednesday, IT department had raided the places of actor Vijay, his Puli producers- PT Selvakumar and Thameens which eventually delayed the release of the film.. It is said the team couldn’t settle the pending amount to Gemini labs and hence they have not cleared the film for release..

As funds of Vijay and the producers are blocked, they were unable arrange huge amount on Wednesday (Sep 30). Apparently, the morning shows and overseas premiere are already cancelled as KDM was not given from QUBE who had in turn waited for the clearance from Gemini labs.

Our sources say that Jaswanth Bandari, a famous financier has helped out Puli team in the issue and now , as the amount has been paid, one can expect that the film will release with 12pm shows in Tamil Nadu.

We also hear that Vijay is currently in Gemini labs and negotiating with concerned authorities to ensure a smooth release for the film.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »
Puli Review

Director:Chimbu Devan
Cast:Vijay, Sridevi, Sudeep, Hansika, Shruti

It is really hard to pin down the true merits of Vijay’s much hyped Puli. It is a big film in all respects- big stars, big canvas, big expenditure on SFX and above all huge expectations. Sadly, all said and done, Puli disappoints, though director Chimbu Devan and his hero Vijay has to be lauded for making a fantasy/adventure film, a rarity in Tamil cinema.

The director doesn’t seem to have looked too far for inspiration to make this fantasy film, which has the hero playing the roles of multiple warriors-a father and a son both Vedhalams (!!) Given the fact that Puli rests on a thin plot, there's not much that director Chimbu Devan can do to salvage the show.

Vedhalapuram is ruled by queen Yavana (Sridevi) but she acts as per the words of her tyrant commander/Thalapathy Jaladarangan( Sudeep) who uses magical powers and turns her into a mere puppet. Mean while, our hero Marudheeran ( Vijay) lives a happy life with his girlfriend Pavala Malli( Shruti Haasan) and foster father(Prabhu).

When the army men from Vedhalapuram kidnaps Pavala Malli and kills Marudheeran's father, he  enters Yavana's kingdom in disguise of a Vedhalam. At one point of time, Marudheeran earns the trust of Yavana that she even announces the marriage of her daughter Princess Mandakini (Hansika) to him.The rest of the film tells us whether Marudheeran saves his people and girlfriend from the evil queen or not.

The film’s biggest weakness, is that the script’s real backbone – the mythological relevance and back-story, that is conveyed in such a boring manner that it simply comes off sounding like mumbo-jumbo. The romantic track between Vijay and Shruti’s characters looks so forced, it practically jumps at you as each song bursts out of nowhere.

On the upside, the camera work by Natraj, set designs by T Muthuraj, VFX by Kamalakannan and the action scenes are spectacular. Among the songs by Devi Sri Prasad it is only "Yendi..Yendi..." that is hummable. The effort taken by Vijay to make a special kind of film is visible on the screen. But sadly the director lacks the imagination required to pull off what he set out to achieve.

Another drawback is that unlike Chimbu Devan's earlier movies, here comedy falls flat and even few laughs that come in-between are double-meaning, which seriously raises a question whether the same director made the clean laugh-riot Imsai Arasan and watertight Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavanigalum.

Vijay tries hard to make his charisma work with comedy, punch lines and dance. Sridevi's over-the-top performance falls flat while Hansika and Shruti in their small parts has little to do but look pretty. Sudeep has a terrific introduction scene but the predictable negative role offers him nothing to be proud of. Imman Annachi, Thambi Ramaiah, Robo Shankar and Vidyullekha as dwarfs tries hard to bring laughter.

A crisper script and a lighter directorial hand is what are missing here. Alas, it’s a fantasy film without any of the fun and excitement that ought to go with it. You wouldn't mind a 3-hour film in fantasy genre even today, provided it has the power to keep you glued to the screen. In this case, the 154 minutes seem never-ending.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 05:57:28 PM »
Vijay’s Puli takes phenomenal opening!

Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s Puli has taken phenomenal opening at the worldwide box office.

Despite the last minute delay and cancellation of early morning shows and premieres, the film has definitely proved the star power and huge fan base of the actor.

In Tamil Nadu, the film has grossed nearly 10 crs on day one and we also hear, that the film has sustained well on the second day, thanks to Gandhi Jayanti (holiday).

In Kerala, the film has collected 1.75 crs on day one while it has grossed a phenomenal 2.10 crs in Karnataka.  Altogether, Puli has grossed more than 15 crs in India while the estimated worldwide gross is around 19.5 crs.

As the film has garnered mixed reviews, one should wait and see how it fares well in coming days.