Author Topic: Naanum Rowdy Thaan  (Read 2305 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Naanum Rowdy Thaan
« on: October 06, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »
Naanum Rowdy Thaan- Audio review

Cast: Vijay Sethupathy, Nayanthara
Direction: Vignesh Shivan
Music: Anirudh Ravichander

Album Analysis:

Thangame
Singers: Anirudh Ravichander
‘Thangame’ is a chartbuster right from the first second the song loads. The song has an interesting hook that is addictive from the very instant. Anirudh effortlessly pulls off the rendition. There is a tinge of semi-classical fusion underneath the peppy beats that makes the song foot tapping. The interludes are richly arranged & the best portion of the song is ‘Black & White Ponnu’ portion. The violins are neatly mixed with electrical guitar at the end of the song. The charanam does feel odd while hearing for the first time but the song slowly grows on us.

Neeyum Naanum
Singers: Neeti Mohan,Anirudh
‘Neeyum Naanum’ brings back Anirudh from the ‘Osaka Osaka’ days. Neeti Mohan steals the show with her delicate singing while Anirudh’s vocals adds a nice chime to the whole tune. The arrangements are pleasant and the lyrics add more value to the tune. Goes straight into the playlist!

Enai Maatrum Kaadhale
Singers: Sid Sriram,Anirudh
Anirudh reserves his best in ‘Enai Maatrum Kaadhale’ which has a romantic pathos fade to it. Sid Sriram starts off in the prelude which straightaway reminds us of ‘Adiye’ & ‘Ennodu Nee Irundhaal’. But, the tune hits some really high notes in the charanam portions which are sung effortlessly by Sid Sriram. Would rank as one of the best Anirudh tracks in recent times – heartfelt number!

Naanum Rowdy Thaan
Singers: Benny Dayal,Anirudh
The title track is a short,endearing number which runs just above two minutes. The ‘Kathindri Rathamindri’ portion that was seen in Enai Maatrum Kaadhale makes an appearance here as well. The Baasha-Rajinikanth reference in Anirudh’s songs is getting too mainstream. The accompanying trumpet-brass section in the background is the highlight of the song.

Although Anirudh has promised the release of further singles from the album, the album looks like one of his best in recent times already. After a massy album like Maari, Naanum Rowdy Thaan is a fabulous return to melodies by Anirudh.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Naanum Rowdy Thaan
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 01:53:50 PM »
Nayanthara dubs for 'Naanum Rowdy Dhaan'!

The teaser of Vignesh Sivan’s Naanum Rowdy Dhaan was released on Friday evening (Oct 9).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFjClp12gDI&feature=youtu.be

Social media enthusiasts are pouring in their appreciation for the genuine comic moments and way the he has used the film’s lead actors, Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara.

After a long time, Vijay Sethupathi looks super energetic in the film. His dialogue delivery and comic timing are too good.

Similarly, Nayanthara has dubbed her own voice for the first time in Tamil cinema and her makeover for the hearing impaired girl role is very much evident in the teaser.

“ThankU to my amazing Heroine #Nayanthara for takin the effort to Dub wit her own voice fr the first time #Respect”, wrote VigneshSivan on Twitter.

The makers of Naanum Rowdy Dhaan will be soon announcing the official release date of the film.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:44:09 PM »
'Naanum Rowdy Dhaan' confirms October 21st release

Vijay Sethupathi’s Naanum Rowdy Dhaan will be releasing on October 21st and the news has been confirmed by the film’s producers on Twitter.

Directed by Vignesh Sivan of Podaa Podi fame, the film also has Nayanthara, Parthiepan, Raadhika Sarath Kumar, RJ Balaji, Anand Raj and many others playing important roles.

Already, all the five songs composed by Anirudh Ravichander are getting fabulous reviews while the teaser too is getting good response from the social networking enthusiasts.

The film is originally produced by Dhanush’s Wunderbar Films while Lyca International is holding the Tamil Nadu theatrical rights and already they have started booking theaters.

As of now, Vikram’s 10 Enradhukulla and Sethu’s Vaaliba Raja will be releasing on October 21 along with Naanum Rowdy Dhaan. If all goes well, Sivakarthikeyan's much delayed Rajini Murugan is also trying to release on Oct 21.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »
'Naanum Rowdy Dhaan' trailer is super impressive!

Theatrical trailer of Vignesh Sivan's Naanum Rowdy Dhaan was unveiled on Friday and it is already getting rave response on Twitter and Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fj_fzW_BOo&feature=youtu.be

Cut provided by Antony L Ruben is sleek and the entire trailer is highly impressive along with colorful visuals of George C Williams and peppy music by Anirudh Ravichander.

On screen chemistry of Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara is infectious in the trailer, and  the cute fun dialogues of Vignesh Sivan and Nayanthara's own dubbing clearly giving a unique feel to the film. Not to forget the menacing Parthiepan, who will be seen as the baddie in the film.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 07:40:40 PM »
'Naanum Rowdy Thaan' is very special for me:Vignesh Shivan

Vignesh Shivan is all set for the release of his ambitious film Naanum Rowdy Thaan on October 21, Ayudha Pooja day. The talented film maker is keeping his fingers crossed as it is a film very close to his heart.

Sridevi Sreedhar in conversation with the young director:

The teaser, trailer and the songs are an instant hit with the youth audiences. Do you think that you have a winner in hand?
(Smiles) If you like the trailer then I can assure that you will like the film. Naanum Rowdy Thaan is very special for me and I will not hesitate to confess that it is my ‘Life’. The final copy looks good. We shot the film in 75 days and it was made with lot of honesty. I am now keeping my fingers crossed.

Is it a realistic film?
NRD has all the commercial elements and it has a very simple story, which everyone can relate to. You will see only normal people in my film and we have not made it as a sugar coated pucca mass masala. It has real people and real locations. In fact Radhika Maam plays the role of inspector Meena Kumari which is the name of my mom who is also in the police force.

What is the major strength of the film?
The cast and crew is my biggest strength. Be it my hero Vjay Sethupathi or Nayanthara, they have given their best. It was my dream comes true to work with editor Sreekar Prasad. Cameraman George C. Williams, my childhood friend from school was a pillar of support and last but not the least Anirudh Ravichander who has given me 5 fabulous songs. 

Songs are on top of all charts. Please comment
Anirudh is a genius and all the songs are super hits. All the songs in the film go with the narration and my personal favourite is Thangamey.. (Smiles)

There is a buzz that you increased the importance to Kadambari character that Nayanthara plays in the film after the shoot started?
(Laughs) If you see my previous films also the heroine had very well-written roles, like in Poda Podi. Here too, Kadambari is not your conventional heroine character. It will be fresh and new. Nayan has done full justice to her role of a hearing impaired girl. And when we suggested, she was open to the idea of dubbing in her own voice and that has really helped.

How has she performed as it is her first film after a decade in the industry that she is playing a girl with a disability
She has come with a controlled performance. I would say that it is her best so far and her role has equal screen space with the hero.

Was Vijay Sethupathi your first choice as the hero?
Everyone knows that I was supposed to do the film with Anirudh making his debut as hero but today while looking back, I think everything in life has to happen for a good reason and Vijay Sethupathi is the most apt hero to play the role of Pondy Pandi in NRD. He is sure to bring the house down with a superb performance and a new look.

Are you tensed on the eve of the release?
(Smiles) To be honest, I am waiting to hear audience response on the first day. NRD is 2 hours and 18 mints duration and is sleekly packed. I have done my work with utmost satisfaction and now I leave everything to God and audiences.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 10:45:16 AM »
Naanum Rowdy Dhaan Review

Director: Vignesh Shivan
Cast: Vijay Sethupathi, Nayanthara

Vignesh Sivan’s Naanum Rowdy Dhaan (NRD) is a feel-good laugh riot, a perfect movie to hang out with friends. You are guaranteed loads of fun and is sure to come out with a big smile on your face.

The film’s crackling humour and Vignesh’s terrific dialogues, is its biggest strength. From laugh-out-loud punch-lines to cheeky repartee, NRD, has some of the most inspired writing you’ve seen in recent times.

'Pondy'Pandi (Vijay Sethupathi) is the son of a local inspector Meena Kumari (Raadhika) and he is trying hard to be a local rowdy, while his mom wants him to join the police force. Kadambari (Nayanthara) is a hearing impaired and her biggest aim in life is to take revenge on Killivallavan (Parthiepan), who had murdered her parents.

Just like any other Tamil movie, here too Pandi falls in love with Kadambari at first sight. But she has a condition- Pandi has to help her kill Killivallavan! The rest of the film tells us how they go about it with the help of friends.

Vijay Sethupati is in great form and he is a scream throughout.  He steals the film with a confident, uninhibited performance that is the best thing about  NRD. The lead pair share a comfortable chemistry that make this film an easy watch. The supporting cast of Parthipan, Raadhika, RJ Balaji, Azhagamperumal, Anand Raj and Mansoor Ali Khan all shine in small yet significant roles.

Nayanthara’s  Kadambarai is a well-etched out role, the actress is effortlessly charming and she does full justice. She infuses the part with the right portions of vulnerability, restraint, and quiet strength, delivering a performance that is nothing short of perfect. They way she pauses and listens to every single dialogue shows her understanding about the character while the dubbing in her own voice add more feel to the film.

The eye candy visuals of George C Willaims and Sreekar Prasad’s editing has enhanced the film. However the major plus for NRD is Anirudh’s songs and outstanding BGM. 
Overall, NRD is a well made comedy entertainer, and all credit goes to Vignesh Shivan who delivers one the year’s most pleasing films. Fun, but with warmth at its heart. Don’t miss it.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 10:50:06 AM »
Vijay Sethupathi praises Nayan & Anirudh

Vijay Sethupathi is all praise for his heroine Nayanthara and music director Anirudh.

At the recent press meet of Naanum Rowdy Thaan he said: “Anirudh’s music has taken the film to the next level. He is a talented music director who knows the pulse of the youth audiences. And now the expectation for the film is huge”

Speaking about working with Nayanthara he said: “She is a huge star but has no starry airs and is so down-to-earth and within minutes of arriving on the sets she made all of us at ease. She is a thorough professional who knows every department of film making”

Naanum Rowdy Thaan releases big today along with Vikram’s 10 Endrathukkula.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 11:02:17 AM »
Vijay Sethupathi on cloud nine after NRD success

Vijay Sethupathi’s recent release, Naanum Rowdy Dhaan is getting good reviews and has opened with good word of mouth.

Apparently, theaters have given more screens to the film and the actor too is said to be overwhelmed with the response.

It has to be noted that Vijay Sethupathi’s last few films including Pannaiyarum Padminiyum, Vanmam, Purampokku and Orange Mittai were miserable flops and now, Naanu Rowdy Dhaan’s box office hit will surely give Sethupathi a new career high.

The latest update is that the actor has signed a new film with Rathina Siva Gnanam, the director of Vaa Deal. This untitled film will be produced by Ganesh, who earlier bankrolled Orange Mittai for Vijay Sethupathi.

The actor also has Karthik Subbaraj’s Iraivi, Nalan’s Kadhalum Kadanthu Pogum and Arun’s cop story Sethupathi to his kitty.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »
'Naanum Rowdy Dhaan' is holding super strong

Vignesh Sivan’s Naanum Rowdy Dhaan is holding super strong at the Tamil Nadu box office. The film’s second day box office collection has exceeded opening day figures and reportedly had good occupancy in the third day too.

Naanum Rowdy Dhaan has grossed 4.43 crores on its first two days, where the first day collection is 2.16 crores and the second day gross report is 2.27 crores. As the word of mouth is extremely positive, the film is sure to draw crowd and will be another super hit of 2015.

Trade pundits say that Anirudh’s music along with the adorable chemistry of Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara were the initial crowd pullers while Vignesh Sivan’s comic writing has hit the right chord among audiences.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 07:55:38 PM »
Lyca International is on a buying spree

It looks like Lyca International is on a buying spree.

After producing the blockbuster Kaththi, the production house will also be bankrolling the magnum opus, Endhiran 2. As Endhiran 2 will be releasing only on 2017, Lyca International is planning to establish a strong network in Tamil Nadu.

Apparently, they have recently released Naanum Rowdy Dhaan, which is doing good business at the box office.

Lyca is also holding the rights of Vetrimaran’s Visaraanai and  Bala’s Tharai Tharapattai. Now, the latest information is that they have snapped the distribution rights of Jayam Ravi’s Miruthan, which is being directed by Shakti Soundar Rajan of Naaigal Jaakirathai fame.

We also hear that the production house is also in talks with many promising upcoming films and they will distribute minimum ten projects between 2015 and 2016.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 08:00:27 PM »
Gautham Menon:"Naanum Rowdy Dhaan is fun and original"

Gautham Menon is a big inspiration for Naanum Rowdy Dhaan director, Vignesh Sivan.  Recently, the maverick director watched the film and thoroughly enjoyed it.

“Naanum Rowdy Thaan heralds the arrival of a new age filmmaker. It's fun and original. Vignesh Sivan delivers a riot of a film. Welcome Vicky”, wrote Gautham Menon on Twitter.

Gautham has said that now people will notice Podaa Podi, the debut film of Vignesh Sivan, which didn’t meet the desired box office result as it got released along with Vijay’s blockbuster film, Thuppakki.

Gautham lauded Nayanthara by saying that she has given a striking performance in the film. “Nayantara- powerhouse and what a star..striking performance”, wrote the director on Twitter.

Calling Vijay Sethupathi’s performance as endearing, the director predicted that the Soodhu Kavvum actor will enter the big league with Naanum Rowdy Dhaan.

Gautham Menon was also impressed by the performance of Parthipean and expressed his wish that all filmmakers should cast him in such unique baddie role.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 08:08:16 PM »
'Naanum Rowdy Dhaan' mints money at the TN box-office!

On its five-day opening weekend, Vijay Sethupathi’s Naanum Rowdy Daan has grossed Rs 9.5 crores in Tamil Nadu and the trade has already declared the film as a super hit.

Dhanush’s Wunderbar Films had sold Naanum Rowdy Dhaan to Lyca International for 7 crores (approx) and as of now there is huge competition among channels to acquire the satellite rights. The production house is sure to laugh all the way to the bank, making huge profits.

Theater owners too are overwhelmed with the response as many of them have bought the film at nominal price and the box office collections are extraordinary.

Trade sources also say that the film has been moved to bigger screens in many territories and it will have a hassle free run till Diwali, which means Naanum Rowdy Dhaan will be the major attraction for another two weeks in theaters across Tamil Nadu.