Author Topic: ~ The Mouse's Tale ~  (Read 616 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
~ The Mouse's Tale ~
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
The Mouse's Tale

A little brown mouse lived happily under a hedge in the countryside.One day his cousin from town came to visit.

"I thought I'd try out life in the country,"he said.

"You'll love it here!," said the country mouse. The country mouse did everything he could to lookafter his city cousin. He gave him the best piece of mossto sleep on and fed him his tastiest nuts and vegetables.The town mouse wasn't impressed.

He found the food horrible and life boring."Why don't we both go back to the town?" he suggested.
So off they went.On the way,the town mouse told hiscousin they would dine like kings."We can have some realfun!" Said the town mouse.

As night fell,they arrived at a large town house."This way,"Whispered the town mouse,scrambling under the back door.Up a flight of stairs and down a long hallthey found the dining room...and the dining room table.

The country mouse couldn't believe his eyes."I've never seen this much food!" he squeaked.They were nibbling away when the door opened and in came a man.The two cousins hid and held their breath.The man came closer,peered in the bowl,took an apple and left.

"All clear," said the town mouse.But his little cousin was too scared to eat any more. In the corner,a large cat was woken up by all the noise. He padded across to the tablend spotted the two mice.The country mouse squealed as the cat sprang onto the table.

"Follow me!"cried his cousin and they dived into a mouse hole.The country mouse was very frightened.
"This isn't my idea of fun,"he sniffed."I'm sorry cousin ,but I'm going back to the peaceful countryside."
He waved the town mouse goodbye and set off for his comfy little home under a hedge.
"Come back and visit soon,"said the city mouse."You must be joking!"said his cousin back.

Moral: A simple, quiet life beats a rich, dangerous one.