Author Topic: Utthama Villain  (Read 4099 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: Utthama Villain
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 10:35:32 PM »
Craig Mann,'Uttama Villain' sound mixer wins Oscar

For the sound mixing of Uttama Villain, Kamal Haasan visited the Paramount studios where he worked along with Craig Mann.

“Congrats to "CRAIG MANN" sound re-recording mixer of "Uttama Villain" for winning the "Oscar" for the feature "Whiplash". Team "Uttama Villain" congratulates and wishes Craig” posted Kamal Haasan in his Facebook page.

Slated for April 2nd release, the audio of Uttama Villain will be launched on March 1 at Chennai trade center.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:12:34 PM by MysteRy »

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 01:20:31 PM »
Parthiepan to host 'Uttama Villain' audio launch

We all know that ace actor/director Parthiepan is a big fan of Kamal Haasan. Now the latest is that the actor will be hosting the grand audio launch of Ulaganayagan's Uttama Villain.

Sources say that both Kamal Haasan and Parthiepan have met recently to discuss about the audio launch. Parthiepan has said that the two hours conversation with Kamal Haasan was an overwhelming experience.

The audio launch of Uttama Villain will be happening on March 1 at Chennai Trade Centre and the film's music director Ghibran has composed seven songs for the album.

Produced by Thirrupathi brothers, Uttama Villain also has Pooja Kumar, Andrea, Parvathi Menon, Urvashi, Nassar and many others to its star cast.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 02:03:33 PM »
Exclusive- 'Uttama Villain' album track list

Kamal Haasan's Uttama Villain audio will be launched in a grand manner on March 1. Now we hear that the album will have 17 tracks including 7 songs, 7 original soundtrack (background score) and 3 Karaoke.

For the first time in Tamil cinema, a film's background score is releasing along with the album and once again Kamal Haasan, the pioneer has done something out of the box.

We also hear that the album is not a generic one and will be unique from the regular Tamil cinema albums. The film's music composer M Ghibran is said to have used instruments from Bulgaria and Symphony orchestra for Uttama Villain.

Going by the track list, it is very evident the album will have many story based songs from ancient Tamil history such as Iranian Nadagam, Mutharasan Kadhai.

Mean time, our sources say that the makers of Uttama Villain will be revealing the making video and a new trailer at the audio launch which will be happening at Chennai trade center.

The track list of Uttama Villain as follows...

1. Loveaa Loveaa
2. Kadhalaam Kadavul Mun
3. Uttaman Introduction
4. Saagaavaram
5. Iraniyan Naadagam
6. Mutharasan Kadhai
7. Uttaman Kadhai
8. Uttama Villain Theme - Instrumental Version
9. Guru & Sishya - Instrumental Version
10. Father & Daughter - Instrumental Version
11. Uttaman & Karpagavalli - Instrumental Version
12. Father & Son - Instrumental Version
13. Letter from & to Yamini - Instrumental Version
14. Dr. Arpana - Karaoke Version
15. Kadhalaam Kadavul Mun - Karaoke Version
16. Saagaavaram - Karaoke Version
17. Iraniyan Naadagam - Karaoke Version

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »
'Uttama Villain' audio rocks - Review

Cast: Kamal Hassan, Pooja Kumar, Andrea, K Balachander, K Vishwanath, Jayaram, Nassar, Parvathy Menon, Parvathi Nair, Urvashi, MS Bhaskar
Music: Ghibran
Editing:Vijay Shankar
Cinematography: Shyam Dutt
Direction: Ramesh Aravind

‘Uttama Villain’ marks the first association of Ghibran with Kamal Hassan.  The movie which has a portion based on Theyyam is supposed to be musically driven and let us see how Ghibran has delivered in this biggie:

Love’aa Love’aa
Singers: Kamal Hassan, Sharanya Gopinath, Anitha, Nivas
Lyrics: Viveka
Instant Chartbuster! ‘Love’aa Love’aa’ has a zingy attribute about it that is gonna make this number a crowd favorite. The female lead by Sharanya is Shirley Bassey-esque with a perfectly westernized rendition.  Kamal’s rendition is nothing short of peppy. The best part of the song has to be the rocking synthesizer ridden first interlude and the techno gibberish ‘Uthama Villain’ chants. The bass of the track reminds us of Kamal’s dance numbers from ‘Indian’. Total winner!

Kaadhalaam Kadavul Mun
Singers: Padmalatha
Lyrics: Kamal Hassan
Ghibran bring his total Hindustani range to display with ‘Kaadhalaam Kadavul Mun’. This semi-devotional track has traces of Ghibran’s sufi numbers from ‘Thirumanam Ennum Nikkah’. Relying only on the female vocals by Padmalatha, this track is shouldered by the dynamic lyrics of Kamal and the chorus bits that accompany the keys. Typical Ghibran Track!

Uttaman Arimugam
Vocals: Subbu Arumugam, Kamal Hassan
Lyrics: Subbu Arumugam
Now the album steps into the ‘Villupaatu’ zone! ‘Uttaman Arimugam’ opens up with Ghibran employing kunnakol & other ‘koothu’ related instruments.  For starters, this is something that’s on the lines of the ‘Natukkoru’ track from ‘Anbe Sivam’. Kamal delivers a pulsating rendition with the tune hitting some really high pitched portions as it traverses. With Subbu Arumugam’s lyrics, the character establishment is done through this track.

Saagavaram
Vocals: Kamal Hassan, Yazin Nizar, Ranjith Iyappan, Ghibran
‘Saagavaram’ is the second Villupaatu track in the album which comes across more of a soulful track than the other majestic ones in the album. The chorus portions that accompany Kamal’s vocals work wonders in inducing many goosebumpy moments. The chord shifts in the “Arinthu Erindhum” segment of the track takes the cake.

Iraniyan Naadagam
Vocals: Kamal Hassan, Rukmini Ashok Kumar
With ‘Iraniyan Naadagam’, the album moves to more of an audio book doing away with the conventional movie tracks. The majestic voice of Kamal opens with lines from the trailer and it is quite a rarity in listening to the Prahaladha’s story from Iraniyan’s perspective. Pretty sure that ‘MruthyunJayaho’ is gonna reverberate even after the song gets over. The grandeur in the symphonic arrangements is definitely there to see. The mood of the track shifts as soon as Narasimha emerges and instruments like kombu, chendai which are totally rare is used extensively. Terrific is the word!

Mutharasan Kadhai
Vocals: Kamal Hassan, Yazin Nizar, Ranjith Iyappan, Padmalatha
Written by Kamal Hassan
‘Mutharasan Kadhai’ covers one episode of the movie which needs to be experienced visually. The song has a touch of folk ground to it in addition to the several mood shifts throughout the song. The air blown fillers coupled with extensive arrangements ups the ante of the track which is totally going to get elevated when watched with the visuals.

Uttaman Kadhai
Vocals: Kamal Hassan, MS Bhaskar, Yazin Nizar, Ranjith Iyappan
Written by Kamal Hassan
Absolutely stunning track! ‘Uttaman Kadhai’ looks like the core of the movie where the story of Kamal’s character is narrated by Kamal himself.  Ghibran has conjured up a terrific amalgamation of spectacular arrangement of strings, keys & percussion. The fusion of symphony with folk has never been tried in contemporary Tamil music before & Ghibran-Kamal combination has pioneered in that genre with these tracks. 

OST’s: The album also boasts of some of the background scores from the movie. Leading the pack is the ‘Uttama Villain Theme’ that has been the cynosure of the trailer & teasers so far. This theme music is a hot ringtone material and is certainly haunting with that eerie humming & terrific bass. The ‘Guru & Sishya’ theme music is the musical conveying of Kamal’s gratitude to KB dominated by piano & other key instruments. Ghibran delivers a total symphony overload with the ‘Father & Daughter’ theme music which plays out to his strengths. The ‘Uttaman & Karpagavalli’ theme has a fable aura to it by clubbing lots of chime arrangements to the symphony. The best among the lot – the ‘Father & Son’ theme has a fabulous female humming and a cello lead (surprising for a track that dwells on Father-Son bonding) & is touted to play a huge part in the scenes involving the aforementioned bonding. ‘Letter From & To Yamini’ is a slightly rehashed instrumental of the ‘Kadhellam Kadavul Mun’ track with parallel display of both strings & piano. A haunting female humming kicks in at the end of the track leaving a lasting impression. Ghibran ends the album with ‘Dr. Arpana’ – another bond establishment musical piece. The album also features the karoke versions of three tracks (Kadhalaam Kadavul Mun, Iraniyan Nadagam & Saagavaram)

Our Take:   Ghibran has grown leaps and bounds with this album and has indeed delivered his career best. All the songs seem majestic with the arrangements being on par with the likes of James Horner, John Williams. The audience should definitely approach the album with an open mind and they ought to sink-in the fact that most of the Villupaatu & Theyyam tracks are totally visual oriented and the presence of Kamal is bound to elevate the songs to the next level visually. Ghibran hasn’t made any compromises with the setting of the album and has used the symphony capaciously (Unlike an album like ‘Kaaviya Thalaivan’ which compromised on the time period of the tunes to make it more commercially viable). If anyone has any problems in recognizing the effort that has gone into this album, they need to get their musical buds examined. ‘Uttama Villain’ is an album to be cherished by film buffs and is not for the typical frontbenchers.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2015, 08:24:02 PM »
'Uttama Villain' has a neat audio launch

The audio launch of Ulaganayagan’s 'Uttama Villain' is easily one of the best organized events in Tamil cinema. Unlike the usual audio launches that start late, here the programme started rolling on time.  Everything was rehearsed and planned and at the end of it, the function turned out to be a memorable one for everyone who attended it. Following are the few interesting moments that happened at the audio launch…

A touching AV for late K Balachandar, followed by Kamal’s stunning arrival:

When the makers aired an AV of late K Balachander’s letter to Kamal Haasan, the entire crowd turned emotional. He praised his sishya (Kamal Haasan) by saying that Marconi invented Radio, Alexander Graham Bell invented telephone similarly as a director he found the talent inside Kamal Haasan and explored it.

Soon after the AV, Kamal made his stunning entry and the entire stadium gave him a standing ovation and the actor was deeply moved.

If KB didn't introduce me, I wouldn't have been the same Kamal Haasan…

During his speech Kamal said “K Balachander introduced many actors including me and my brother Rajinikanth. The actor said “If KB sir didn't introduce me; I wouldn’t have been the same Kamal Haasan”.

Kamal added “My life would have been different and the game would have ended long ago but Rajinkanth’s case is different, he would have attained the same stardom through films like Murattu Kaalai”.

Kamal promised that he will continue K Balachander's work in Tamil cinema and pass on his experience to future generation.

Nassar’s touching story

When Kamal’s close friend and favorite actor Nassar arrived on stage, the event became even more emotional as he described about his son’s accident which happened during the shooting of Uttama Villain and ironically the accident took place near to the film’s set.

Nassar said “I have done nearly 500 films but Uttama Villain will stay in my heart forever as the whole journey was an emotional experience”.

Nassar added “I couldn't undergo the pain of having my son at the hospital and thought of diverting my concentration  but Kamal Haasan insisted me to take a break and even dismantled the sets where my portions used to be shot”.

“When I told him that I should start acting to forget the pain, Kamal immediately agreed.In one day, he erected the same set again. Kamal would’ve lost a lot of money but still he supported me in my tough times” said Nassar.

Nassar also said that Kamal insisted him to not see the gory accident picture of his son’s vehicle as it would have given him more pain and Nassar thanked Kamal for that.

When Nassar’s son was admitted at the hospital, the actor was stuck in traffic jam and it was Kamal who continuously updated everything that happened at the hospital and Naasar was deeply moved by Kamal’s humanity.

When Kamal found Urvashi’s pregnancy

When Kamal approached Urvashi for Uttama Villain, the actress was pregnant but she did not want to disclose out of fear that she might lose the opportunity to act with him. Later, during one of the shooting day Kamal himself asked whether she is pregnant and Urvashi was literally stunned.

Urvashi thanked Kamal and Gauthami as they looked after her with great care.

When Kamal and Parvathy sung Kanmani Anbodu

The highlight of the function was Parthiepan who hosted the show. And when he asked Parvathy Menon to sing a song as girls from Kerala are known for their good voice, she obliged. Though Parvathy didn't know the lyrics, she sung the vintage ‘Kanmani Anbodu..’ number and an excited Kamal joined her with his typical humming.

The entire crowd had a good grin on witnessing the adorable moment.

How Ghibran came on board

Kamal revealed that he listened to Vaagai Sooda Vaa songs and impressed by Ghibran’s brilliant work.Later Kamal roped him for Vishwaroopam-2 and then they got a excellent rapport that he signed him for Uttama Villain as well.

In his speech Ghibran said “ Without Kamal Haasan, this ambitious score wouldn't been possible and I really don’t know at what stage of my life I could have composed such a dream music"..

Ghibran also added “Kamal’s extra-ordinary music sense helped him in giving good music and just like a college student, I tried my best to impress a professor like Kamal Haasan”.

I would've got the same freedom only in Rajkamal films – Kamal Haasan on Thirrupathi brothers

Speaking about Thirrupathi brothers, Kamal said “ Lingusamy and his brothers gave me full freedom. Despite my insistence, they never asked me to show the rushes and still waiting to see the full edited version”.

Kamal added “I could have got such unconditional freedom only in my own production house Rajkamal films, guess I got another home banner through Thirrupathi brothers”.

An innovative way of launching audio

Kamal refused to go for traditional way of launching the audio by unveiling the CD instead the team has created a mobile app and uploaded the audio file successfully.

When Lingusamy insisted Kamal that an audio launch should have both giver and receiver, Kamal immediately called Shruthi Haasan and sent the audio file through Face time technology which proved that Kamal is way ahead than everyone one in Kollywood.

The making of Uttama Villain videos, a brand new trailer and visuals of three songs were shown.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 09:33:41 PM »
Ghibran plays a cameo in 'Uttama Villain'?

In the second trailer of Uttama Villain, there is a shot in which music composer Ghibran, Villu Paatu artist Rama Subu and lyricist Snehan were seen.

When we asked, sources close to Ghibran they said "It's not a special cameo of Ghibran but Kamal sir shot him for a single frame and nothing more than that".

Mean time, the audio of Uttama Villain has been well received by music aficionados and they are heaping praise on Ghibran's hard work in delivering an out of the box album and also Kamal for the wonderful lyrics.

Produced by Thirrupathi brothers and Raj Kamal Films international, Eros International  will be releasing the film on April 2.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 09:22:33 PM »
Kamal's 'Uttama Villain' US rights sold

Prime Media, one of the leading distributors has snapped the distribution rights of Uttama Villain in North America territory.

According to the official press statement issued by the distributors, Prime Media will be releasing Uttama Villain in association with Raj Kamal New Frontier in both USA and Canada.

Uttama Villain will be releasing on April 2 and the songs composed by Ghibran are getting rave reception from the critics.

Directed by Ramesh Aravind, Uttama Villain has ensemble of star cast including Pooja Kumar, Andrea, Parvathy Menon, Urvashi, Nassar, MS Baskar, K Balachander and K Vishwanath.

Produced as a joint venture of Thiruppathi brothers and Raj Kamal Films International, Eros has recently bagged the theatrical rights of the film.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 07:39:08 PM »
'Uttama Villain' to release on April 10

If trade sources in the industry are to be believed, Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain will be releasing on April 10 and not on April 2nd, as reported earlier.

Reports say that Thirrupathi brothers are planning to release the long pending Idam Porul Eval on March 27, hence they have decided to push Uttama Villain by a week so that the small film won’t be affected.

Directed by Ramesh Aravind, Uttama Villain also has ensemble of star cast including Pooja Kumar, Andrea, Parvathy, Urvashi, K Balachander and K Viswanath.

Idham Porul Eval is touted to be a typical Seenu Ramasamy film which has Vijay Sethupathi and Vishnu Vishal in the lead roles.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 07:43:07 PM »
'Uttama Villain' Telugu rights sold

Popular Telugu producer C Kalyan has bagged the Telugu dubbing rights of Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain for a whooping amount. Kalyan is known for his films like Mahesh Babu’s Khaleja and Gautham Menon’s Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu  and many other quality films in Tollywood.

Sources say that Kamal will be promoting Uttama Villain in both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana while  Kalyan is planning to hold a grand audio launch in Telugu.

The official press statement from Tollywood confirms that Uttama Villain will be releasing on April 10 and already we have got a confirmation from the Kollywood trade sources that the Tamil version will be releasing on the same day.

Kamal enjoys a good market in Tollywood and recently the actor has promised that he will soon be acting in a direct Telugu film for which the talks are going on.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2015, 08:57:59 PM »
'Uttama Villain' and 'Rajini Murugan' satellite rights sold

Lingusamy’s Thirrupathi brothers have sold the satellite rights of their upcoming films Uttama Villain and Rajini Murugan to Zee Tamil.

It is worth a mention that many private TV networks competed to grab the satellite rights of both the films and in fact, Jaya TV has bought the broadcast rights of Uttama Villain’s audio launch.

Sources say that the private channel has snapped the super twin deal for a fancy price and the production house is extremely happy with the price quoted.

Uttama Villain has Kamal Haasan playing the lead role and the makers are planning to release it on April 10 while Sivakarthikeyan’s Rajini Murugan will be a June release.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:40 PM »
Kamal Haasan holds a press meet for 'Uttama Villain'!

Today, Monday (March 24), Kamal Haasan met the media for the promotions of his upcoming film Uttama Villain.

Addressing the media, Ulaganayagan said that Uttama Villain is a film that does not have gravity defying stunts or violence as it doesn't demand such commercial elements.

Kamal recalled that he first approached K Balachander after Thevar Magan shooting and it is for a project called Pithamagan which is based on three protagonists Kamal Haasan, Sivaji Ganesan and K Balachander but the legendary director turned down the offer.

When Kamal Haasan approached K Balachander for Uttama Villain, the ace director again told him a reason that what if he passed away in the middle of the shoot but Kamal told him that he would change the script and got K Balachander's nod.

Following are the excerpts from the media meet...

On 'Vishwaroopam 2' delay
On Vishwaroopam2 's delay Kamal Haasan has said that release date of the film is entirely depends on Aascar Ravichandran. Uttama Villain is releasing before Vishwaroopam 2 because Ravichandran is delaying the film, if the film gets delayed further Kamal would start a new project.

Kamal says he is not having any difference of opinion with Aascar Ravichandran and he says the producer is also not having any financial shortcomings to delay the project.

On Marudhanayagam
On his ambitious project Marudhanayagam, Kamal has said that many of his friends want to produce the project but the film is universal which has to be shot in three different languages, French, English  and Tamil hence the film will start at the right time.

Three projects with Ghibran
I loved Ghibran's earlier works and roped him for Vishwaroopam 2, and we had a great rapport and he  was roped in for Uttama Villain. For Papanasam the producers insisted that be their music composer.

Claiming losses is unethical
Kamal Haasan has said claiming losses in film business is unethical, "My only fear is that what if audience starts claiming refund for a poorly made film?  I'm sure many of our films are not satisfying our audiences" said Kamal Haasan.

Shutting down film industry won't curb piracy
When asked about producers council's decision on shutting the film industry so that pirates will run away from the business, Kamal said pirates have many business and they are not only dependent on films. "When you restart the shooting, they will bounce back but artists like me only know cinema and it is my business" said Ulaganayagan at the press meet.

Regulating films is good but....
Kamal said regulating the releases is a welcome change in Kollywood and it is also being followed in Bollywood but you can't restrict big films' releases alone, people have to see the larger picture.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 08:59:42 PM »
'Uttama Villain' is unique and special:Shruthi Haasan

The Telugu audio launch of Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain recently happened at Hyderabad. Speaking at the function, Shruthi Haasan said “Usually I feel excited whenever I’m attending the audio launches of my own films but today it’s a proud moment as I’m attending my dad’s event”.

On Uttama Villain, Shruthi said “I’ve already seen the movie and I should say, it’s a very big, unique and special”.  The actress congratulated Ghibran for his excellent work in Uttama Villain and she said that film’s score is on a different level.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »
Uttama Villain pushed to April 17?

Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain which was earlier scheduled to release on April 10 has been now pushed to April 17.

The Telugu distributor of the film has sent a press note saying that the film will be releasing on April 17 and it will be a grand release. Mean time, distributors from USA have also confirmed that the film will not be releasing on April 10.

Sources say that the Telugu dubbing and last minute post production in SFX have caused the delay. It is said that the film will be soon going to censors and then Thirrupathi brothers will be officially announcing the release date.

Directed by Ramesh Aravind, the film also has Pooja Kumar, Parvathi Menon, Andrea, Urvashi, K Balahander and K Vishwanath playing important roles.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 09:19:56 PM »
Finally, 'Uttama Villain' on May 1!

It's official!  Lingusamy, one of the producers of Uttama Villain has officially announced that the film will be releasing on May 1.

Kamala Haasan's  Uttama Villain  produced by Thirrupathi Brothers are now eyeing the Labour Day weekend. The film which went to censors today has got a clean U certificate as it does not have any violent sequences.

Sources say that the team need some more time to complete the VFX portions and being a perfectionist, Kamal asked his producers to delay the release so that everyone will get a chance to see the better product.

Directed by Ramesh Aravind, Uttama Villain has music by Ghibran and Eros International will be releasing the film in Tamil Nadu.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 12:43:21 AM »
Team 'Uttama Villain' is on cloud nine

Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain is all set for release on May 1. The latest we hear is that a special preview show was arranged yesterday (April 24) for the Thirrupathi brothers’ unit members and close associates of Kamal Haasan.

Reportedly everyone was impressed with the film and the raved about Kamal Haasan’s brilliant screenplay writing and dialogues, of course his versatile acting as both the modern day Superstar and 18th century Uttaman.

Word from the Uttama Villain camp is that the film is completely on a different level from Kamal Haasan and sure to be loved by audiences who expect something unique from the veteran.

Sources say that the team is planning for a grand premiere in Dubai where the entire cast and crew will be present. Produced by Thirrupathi brothers, Eros International is holding the worldwide theatrical rights of Uttama Villain.