Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: Anjaan
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »
Dialogues will be lapped up by Suriya fans: Brinda Sarathy

The next big movie in K-Town Anjaan is slated to release on August 15th. We had a chance to interact with the writer of the movie Brinda Sarathy. Here are the excerpts of the interview:

What sorts of preparation were done for the dialogues considering the movie is set in Mumbai?
A month before the shoot commenced we travelled to Mumbai to observe the people and we have used the local dialect and the commonly used words in those areas along with our dialogues.

How have you tried to differentiate two roles of Surya through dialogues?
Yeah, we have definitely tried to differentiate the characterization of Surya using dialogues. Raju Bhai needed to be powerful. So, his dialogues would be sharp. On the other hand, Krishna is a software engineer who is silent by nature. His dialogues would be much composed and toned down.

Tell us about the dialogues for the romance portions
The dialogues for the romance portions have come out really well. The focus was on writing sweet dialogues because it is necessary to have light hearted romance portions in an action packed movie. I really liked Samantha's work in Ye Maya Chesave and she has got the expressions perfect in Anjaan too.

How do you manage to keep the dialogues in sync with the story without going over-the-top?
As long as dialogues are written keeping the story in mind, it doesn't go overboard. If dialogues are written for an actor's image, the actor's fans will relish it but the common audience won’t like it. So, keeping the story as a priority and writing dialogues is the way to go. In Anjaan, dialogues will be enjoyed by audience from all quarters.

Tell us about your comfort level with Lingusamy
We both go back a long way. We knew each other from our childhood days. We used to discuss about movies at that time itself and that’s how the friendship grew. He used to love movies like Muratu Kaalai & Pokiri Raja. I know his taste and that really helps while writing for his movies. Anjaan is our fourth film together after Aanandham, Paiyaa & Vettai.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
It is important that I do mass entertainers: Samantha

Samantha is almost a household name these days. With her popularity sky-rocketing, she is currently busy with films like Anjaan, Kaththi, Rabhasa, 10 Endradhukulla & many more.

We got a chance to interact with the leading lady of Anjaan who is eagerly waiting for the movie to release. Here are some of the excerpts of the conversation

After Naan Ee and Neethane En Ponvasantham, how different is Anjaan?
I have made a conscious decision to be part of Anjaan. Lingusamy sir's heroines are known to be sweet and they have an impact on the story at the same time. It is important that I do mass entertainers to get exposure into the Tamil market.

Tell us about your co-star in Anjaan, Suriya
Suriya has been amazing right from Day 1. He doesn't show any tantrums. Despite being a huge star, the stardom doesn't come out. He is very humble and he strives for perfection. Even if the director is happy with the take, he would ask for one more take to attain that perfection. He is also very encouraging. There was this incident in Goa where we were shooting for a song and I was not getting a particular dance move right. He was very patient and kept encouraging me to get it right.

What was the main thing that attracted you to Anjaan?
I have plenty of good scenes in the movie and I have lion's share of good dialogues. The main purpose of a heroine in a commercial movie is to look good. Santhosh Sivan's camera has made the visuals look even better. In this movie, I got a package of both. And I have always wanted to work with Lingusamy sir and Suriya.

Tell us about the experience of working under Lingusamy
Lingusamy sir is totally chilled out all the time. He cannot have a bad day. He doesn't seem to be pressurized by the huge expectations surrounding the release. He is totally fun to work with.

On the 'Midas Touch' tag in Telugu and being referred as the Golden Girl?
(Laughs) It's good to know that in Telugu, I have this tag. But this 'midas touch' tag is somewhat pressurizing as well. In Tamil, I need  a big hit.  If some movies don't go my way, it becomes news. I am happy as long as my films do well.

How do you juggle between Tamil & Telugu movies because the sensibilities of two industries are widely different?
The kind of movies that are being made in Tamil have a stark difference to the Telugu movies.  There are wonderful technicians in both the industries. I have been part of different Telugu movies like Eega & Manam too. It is good to see both the industries growing.

You have worked in lots of multi-starrers in Telugu. What prompts you to sign those movies?
Those are all beautiful films and I didn’t want to miss out on an opportunity to be part of those superb scripts. Last year I did Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu eventhough I knew I had only a small role. Since it was such a great film, I didn’t want to miss out on being part of it.

Your fashion sense seems to be one of your great attributes. Was a conscious effort put into that?
We need to keep ourselves updated. Unless I do something different, the audience will be bored. So, I just keep changing with the times.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 12:10:21 PM »
'Anjaan' in Dolby Atmos

Suriya's Anjaan is getting released in Dolby Atmos in select screens in Tamil Nadu. It is releasing in 9 screens in Chennai and two in Coimbatore. The native mix for Anjaan in Dolby Atmos.

Dolby Atmos creates a virtual reality of sound by precisely placing and moving sounds within the theatre to make audiences feel as if they, too, are in the middle of the onscreen action. Anjaan action scenes in Dolby Atmos is said to be one of the highlights of the film.

Pankaj Kedia, Country Manager, Dolby Laboratories India said : "We are very delighted that the team of Suriya's Anjaan has chosen Dolby Atmos as the sound format for the release of one of the most awaited Tamil movies of the year. We hope fans enjoy every dimension of Anjaan with Dolby Atmos."

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »
Anjaan Movie Review

Director: N. Lingusamy
Cast: Suriya, Samantha, Vidyut, Manoj
Music: Yuvan

Anjaan tries its best to be a mass masala entertainer but falls short, due to inherent weakness in the script and execution. To a large extent the film is salvaged by Suriya’s charisma and star power.

The film stands on a thin storyline. Krishna (Suriya) comes from Kanyakumari to Mumbai in search of his brother. He finds out that his brother Raju Bhai (Suriya) was a dreaded don of Mumbai underworld, and he trusted only one man Chandru (Vidyut Jamwal) his mentor and best friend.

Raju Bhai was fighting a legion of enemies (all Bollywood baddies- Manoj Bajpai, Dilip Tahil etc) and one day gets knocked off. The film is about love, friendship and cold blooded revenge. The interval block is the best part of the film with a riveting fight sequence choreographed by action director Silva. The scene has been done in a striking manner which leaves the audience surprised, thanks to Suriya terrific performance. In the first half, the romance between Suriya and Samantha lightens up the mood and the song ‘Ek Do Theen’ is shot in a very glamorous manner by cinematographer Santosh Sivan.

Lingusamy has made it like a formula movie. A super hero, who never loses, speaks punch lines, romances and in a cunning twist annihilates the main villain. The friendship angle between Suriya and Vidyut has been handled in a light hearted manner. Samantha in itsy-bitsy clothes including a two-piece adds glamour, while there is Chitrangada Singh’s item number provides the oomph.

Soori as a Mumbai taxi driver looks like has been roped in for a comedy track at the last minute. Was there any need of that lengthy scene involving Brahmanandam? ( Probably to satisfy the Telugu audiences!) The villains all suffer due to bad lip sync.

The BGM of Yuvan Shankar Raja is one of the highlights of the film and Suriya’s introduction song ‘Bang, Bang Bang…’ is peppy and well picturised. Santosh Sivan’s camera gives it the rich look. . Suriya is the saving grace in otherwise a slow moving film. Vidyut has a meaty role and he is ok. One of the major drawbacks of the film is its length, nearly 3 hours. It needs urgent trimming to make it racier.On the whole, Anjaan is for those who seek unabashed entertainment and relish masala films.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 05:47:29 PM »
Suriya opens up about 'Anjaan' criticism

Anjaan’s press show was held on Sunday evening in Chennai. Suriya who attended the press show thanked the media for their support to him over the years, which helped him to reach his current position.

The actor further said, compared to his previous movies Anjaan’s collections have been phenomenal. To avoid piracy, they have gone for a wide release of 1,500 screens all over the world. Anjaan’s PR has issued a statement that it has collected approximately Rs 30 Crore worldwide during the Independence Day weekend (Aug 15 to 17).

Suriya says in general, the feedback has been positive but some people are deliberate in spreading negativity about the movie. He understands people have the right to voice their opinions, but he wanted to them be constructive and measured.

Suriya in an interview to a newspaper is quoted as saying: “Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. But as an actor, I try to fit in a sensibility that reaches out to newer pockets of audiences. For example, when Singham released, the A centre audience felt was that it was too rustic. Guess every time I attempt a minor sensibility change, it is bound to create such reactions. Ultimately, it all boils down to the box office collections.”

He said Anjaan was never meant for a particular section of the audience and it is for the masses and he is happy that movie is doing well at the box office and at the end of the day, that’s all matters.