Author Topic: Aarathu Sinam  (Read 841 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Aarathu Sinam
« on: February 27, 2016, 05:58:15 PM »
Aarathu Sinam Review

Director: Arivazhagan
Cast: Arulnidhi, Aishwarya, Thulasi, Radha Ravi

Remaking a Malayalam classic is definitely an arduous task. Memories is one of the finest crime thrillers made in Malayalam cinema and to be honest, Arivazhagan has successfully pulled it off to a very large extend.

Arvind (Arulnithi Tamilarasu) is an efficient encounter cop, who is on his mission to take down Madurai's most wanted gangster Sekar. Accidentally Arvind shoots Sekar's wife and subsequently the latter kills the Arvind's better half (Aishwarya Rajesh) and their only kid. This brutal incident puts Arvind in extreme stress and he turns out into an alcoholic. Meantime, series of murders are happening around South Tamil Nadu. Now, Arvind has to find this mysterious murderer and he should also get out of his depression and his disturbing past which keeps haunting him. It's unfair to compare Arulnithi with Prithviraj but the young actor has convincingly pulled off the alcoholic cop role well. The way Arulnithi breaks down with the disturbing memories and regains momentum has been captured well. His height, innocent smile and dialogue delivery is a major plus for the actor. Aishwarya Rajesh, Robo Shankar, Thulasi and Charlie are merely adequate while the villain Gaurav Narayan is not menacing enough for us to hate him. Aarathu Sinam's biggest strength is the tight storyline of Jeethu Joseph. The film moves at a snail pace in the first half, especially Robo Shankar's sequences have not been worked out well. But post interval, the story half grabs tempo with well etched out investigation scenes. Technically Arvind Singh's cinematography is good with red warm color pattern while Thaman's pulsating background score elevates the film to a different level. Overall, Aarathu Sinam is a decent investigation thriller, especially for audiences who haven't seen the original.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Aarathu Sinam
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »
Script is the king in 'Aarathu Sinam', says Arulnithi

Arulnithi is known for his subtle performances and intelligent script selection. Right from his debut film Vamsam to the recent Naalu Policeum Nalla Iruntha Oorum, the actor has been continuously choosing different genres and backdrops. “I think audiences are coming to theaters only for the script and not for me. I haven’t attained the status of attracting the crowd single handedly. Good script selection has been my strength and would continue to do the same”, smiles Arulnithi. Talking about the subtle natural performances in his films, Arulnithi says “There are actors who can perform beyond the expectations and there are few actors who overact. For me, I try to express what my directors want because can’t surpass their expectations” (laughs). Arulnithi plays an alcoholic undercover cop in his upcoming film Aarathu Sinam. When asked, whether he undergone any special preparations, he smiles: “How do you expect me to do homework to play an alcoholic”? “Yes, as you said I play an undercover drunkard cop in the film. The character is capable of solving his duties yet he is addicted to alcohol and there is an unsettled anger burning inside him. Every one of us would have the unsettled pain, some might express it with extreme anger while some might live with it but my character in the film gets addicted to alcohol. For this role, I felt the emotional trauma of the character and tried to fill his shoes”, adds the actor. Arulnithi has watched original version of Aarathu Sinam but ensured to not imitate Prithviraj, who played the lead in Memories. “Watched the original twice but after that started approaching the script as a direct film because I can’t match up to Prithviraj’s performance, he is a versatile actor and it would be a big mistake to imitate him”, says Arulnithi. But the actor confidently says he has given a way better performance than his previous films. Arulnithi and Aarathu Sinam director Arivazhagan were in talks ever since Vallinam release but only now, they got the opportunity to work together. “Arivazhagan clearly explains the necessity and enhances the performance with his inputs. We have completed Aarathu Sinam within 40-43 days but while watching the film audiences would feel it like a seventy days project”, exclaims Arulnithi. Talking about Sri Thenandal Films, Arulinthi says “Today releasing a film and bringing the audiences to the theater is a herculean task but Thenandal Murali sir is pulling it off in style. It’s okay for audiences to accept or reject a film but if we failed to create awareness of the release, nothing can be done”. Asked him about his future projects, the actor says “I have listened to five scripts but yet to lock one. As said earlier good script selection has been my strength and now it has become an added responsibility. I should not indulge too much that my experiments should not backfire. Appreciations and rejections are part of the learning game but mockery would shatter our confidence. Every single film is important in this competitive industry”, signs off Arulnithi.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 06:03:40 PM »
A warm red tone for Aarathu Sinam:Arivazhagan

Director Arivazhagan’s crtically acclaimed hit Eeram had a blue tone while his second film Vallinam had plenty of night shots. Now his Friday release, the crime thriller, Aarathu Sinam too will have a different visual pattern.

“The original Malayalam version, Memories had a blue color tone which was almost similar to Eeram visuals. In Aarathu Sinam, we have opted for a warm red tone as the film’s theme is about an unsettling anger. We chose backdrop and costumes in sync with the warm visual pattern”, says Arivazhagan. After completing Vallinam, Arivazhagan had been offered with a lot of offers to direct remakes. At the same time he had discussions with Arulnithi for a new film and luckily, Murali of Sri Thenandal Films offered the duo to remake Memories and they readily agreed. But many Malayalam remakes weren’t successful in Tamil, the essence hasn’t been retained. “I agree but in Aarathu Sinam, we haven’t changed the core story and the key dialogues in the investigation scenes will be same. At the same time, we have worked on the nativity change and also dialogues in the rest of the scenes will have my own touch”, adds the director. Arivazhagan’s previous film Vallinam got delayed due to financial reasons but he has completed Aarathu Sinam within 43 days. “You won’t believe, I always start a film with a bound script and planning. But without proper coordination, and support from production team and lead actor one can’t complete the project on time. For Aarathu Sinam, we had a great team and efficient coordination”, says Arivazhagan. The director says Aarathu Sinam will be an engaging thriller. “The film has good romance, emotional impact and the execution will keep audiences guessing”, adds Arivazhagan. Talking about his hero Arulnithi says : “I like Arulntihi’s choice of films, we have been in tough ever since Vallinam release.. His tall physique and innocent smile is definitely a great strength for his role in Aarathu Sinam” All the three films of Arivazhagan have good Tamil names – Eeram, Vallinam and Aarathu Sinam. Interestingly all of them end with the letter ‘M’. Asked whether there is any numerology pattern, Arivazhagan smiles and says that he insists that his fims have pure Tamil words as titles but the ‘M’ end note is a mere coincidence. Arivazhagan has also confirmed that his next film will be Arun Vijay and it is an action thriller for which the shooting will be commenced soon.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 06:08:43 PM »
Five reasons to watch Aarathu Sinam

Arulnithi Tamilarasu's Aarathu
Sinam is all set to release on February 26. Here are the five reasons to watch the film on big screen... Arulnithi: Right from his first film, Arulnithi's movies are known for unique plots and execution. He is someone who understands the importance of good substance, which is indeed the secret behind his success. Definitely one can blindly go to Aarathu Sinam as Arulnithi respects audience and their intelligence.

Arivazhagan:
Arivazhagan is another important name in Aarathu Sinam. The director firmly believes that quality films will be welcomed by audiences with open arms. The director's first two films Eeram and Vallinam had an unique treatment and one can expect the same in Aarathu Sinam too. Jeethu Joseph's Memories Aarathu Sinam is the official remake of Jeethu Joseph's Memories, the director who gave the watertight Drishyam, which was later remade into many languages including Tamil and repeated the same magic. Memories is an important film in Jeethu Joseph's career and also in Malayalam film industry.

Intriguing trailer and music
Today movie-goers decide the fate of the movie with the trailers and music videos. Luckily Aarathu Sinam's trailer is intriguing and the single song from Thaman too has hit the right chord. Thenandal Films Thenandal Films and its head Murali Ramasamy have created a great trust among Tamil audiences. He knows the art of promoting good commercial content. When a small film like Strawberry from Sri Thenandal Films attracted good crowd on day one, we are very sure that Aarathu Sinam will take a good opening.