Author Topic: ~ RELIGIOUS STORIES - CHRISTIANITY ~  (Read 6605 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: ~ RELIGIOUS STORIES - CHRISTIANITY ~
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 08:26:23 PM »
God is in control

A few scientists went to the snow-capped North Pole for research. One of them was caught among the ridges of the ice.

Snow enveloped him but he found one small slit to which he put his nose and breathed. Unfortunately, some poisonous gas emanated from the stove which he carried and blocked the slit. He was choked and he began thinking of his wife and children whom he had left far behind.There was no one to take care of them if he did not survive.

Then, for a moment he composed himself and looked at the blue sky and the stars above. He realized that God was on His throne above all and was watching him.

He knew God is in control and would not forget him. This thought was a ray of hope to him in his solitude. At that North Pole he was not alone but God was with him. God had concern for that scientist and in good time he sent few men to look for him. They split the blocks and miraculously saved his life.

Our Heavenly Father who is on His throne is in full control of all that happens in our life.
Nothing can touch us without His will.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 08:35:23 PM »
God intended it for Good

An old story is told of a king in Africa who had a close friend with whom he grew up. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) and remarking, “This is good!”

One day the king and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the king. The friend had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for after taking the gun from his friend, the king fired it and his thumb was blown off.

Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, “This is good!” To which the king replied, “No, this is NOT good!” and proceeded to send his friend to jail.

About a year later, the king was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured him and took him to their village. They tied his hands, stacked some wood, set up a stake and bound him to the stake. As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the king was missing a thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone that was less than whole. So untying the king, they sent him on his way.

As he returned home, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt remorse for his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend. “You were right,” he said, “it was good that my thumb was blown off.”

And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. “And so I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this.” “No,” his friend replied, “This is good!” “What do you mean, ‘This is good’? How could it be good that I sent my friend to jail for a year?”

“If I had NOT been in jail, I would have been with you.”

——————– ——————— ———————

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.” (Rom. 8:28)

Situations may not always seem pleasant while we are in them, but the promise of God is clear.

If we love Him and live our lives according to His precepts, even that which seems to be bleak and hopeless will be turned by God for His glory and our benefit. Hold on, God is faithful! May God bless you all the days of your life, as you seek His will in every situation. Bible tells us in Genesis 50:20 (NIV) – - - “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.”

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 08:43:14 PM »
Do we miss God’s blessings?

A young man was getting ready to graduate college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer’s showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning  of his graduation his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and  told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful   wrapped gift box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible. Angrily, he raised his voice at his father and said, “With all your money you give  me  a Bible?” and stormed out of the house, leaving the holy book.

Many years passed and the young man became a very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He had   not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed  to come home immediately and take care things.

When he arrived at  his father’s house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart.

He began to search his father’s important papers and saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears,  he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. As he read those   words, a car key dropped from an envelope taped behind the Bible.

It  had a tag with the dealer’s name, the same dealer who had the sports  car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words…PAID IN FULL !!

How many times do we miss God’s blessings because they are not packaged as we expected?

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »
Missionary with no legs

There was a little boy who once heard how many people in the world do not know the love of Jesus. The boy had a great desire to become a missionary so that he can travel places sharing the love of God.

Unfortunately, one day he met with an accident and lost both his legs. He was laid on the bedside of a window and was supplied with his daily needs. The boy grieved in his heart that he can no longer go places to share the love of Jesus. He was so disappointed.

Then one day an idea struck him, everyday he made small chits with one liners in it that read messages like Jesus Loves You, Jesus Heals You, Jesus Saves You etc. He threw these chits from the window on the travelers who passed by the road. He did these for years but did not see any response.

One day a stranger knocked at the door. He asked if there is anybody on the window-side throwing chits on the road. The stranger was led to the boy.

The stranger said, “I am a rich industrialist. Two years ago I was struck by a strange disease which had no medicine in the medical world. I was then being taken in an ambulance for an emergency surgery. The ambulance happened to stop by the signal that is beside the window when a paper came flying and stuck to the glass window of the ambulance. It read, “Jesus heals you”.

The message renewed my spirit and encouraged me. Jesus healed me miraculously and today I’m completely restored with good health. Thank you for sharing His love with me”.

No matter in which state we are, we can still share the love of God with others and change their lives.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 06:45:59 AM »
Hundred-fold Blessings

Three young men were once given three kernels of corn apiece by a wise old sage, who admonished them to go out into the world, and use the corn to bring themselves good fortune.

The first young man put his three kernels of corn into a bowl of hot broth and ate them.

The second thought, I can do better than that, and he planted his three kernels of corn. Within a few months, he had three stalks of corn. He took the ears of corn from the stalks, boiled them, and had enough corn for three meals.

The third man said to himself, I can do better than that! He also planted his three kernels of corn, but when his three stalks of corn produced, he stripped one of the stalks and replanted all of the seeds in it, gave the second stalk of corn to a sweet maiden, and ate the third.

His one full stalk’s worth of replanted corn kernels gave him 200 stalks of corn! And the kernels of these he continued to replant, setting aside only a bare minimum to eat. He eventually planted a hundred acres of corn.With his fortune, he not only won the hand of the sweet maiden but purchased the land owned by the sweet maiden’s father. And he never hungered again.

——————————- ———————————– —————————–

The more you give, the more you get. However that should NOT be the reason for your giving.

It is possible to give freely to GOD and become more wealthy, but those who are stingy will lose everything. – (Proverbs 11:24)

The generous prosper and are satisfied; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. – (Proverbs 11:25)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 06:50:58 AM »
The Story of a Soul

There once was a man named Soul who was walking in a garden. He was whistling a real sweet tune for he was saved and had the joy of the Lord, but he was a baby Christian. As Soul was walking, a beautiful and seductive woman came out from behind a tree. Soul was very startled. He said, “Hello, I’m Soul, what is your name?”

She replied, “I am Temptation, I have what you want.”

“What do I want?” replied Soul.

“You want to do all things which are of the flesh,” said Temptation.

Soul replied, “O.K., lead me.”

So he and Temptation went off and fulfilled the desires of the flesh. When Soul returned to the garden, he met a man named Condemnation. Condemnation said, “Hey, I see you have met my friend, Temptation.”

Soul said, “Yes, who are you?”

“I am Condemnation, I come after Temptation. We work hand-in-hand.” Then Condemnation jumped on Soul’s back and began to beat him. He hit him in the face and kicked him when he was down. This went on for several days.

On about the third day, a man named Mercy came running and said, “I command you, Condemnation, to stop beating Soul.”

Condemnation snickered, “Make me.”

So Mercy unsheathed his sword and cut Condemnation in two.

As Soul watched in astonished pain, he was overtaken by the power of Mercy. Mercy walked up to Soul and said, “I have dealt with Condemnation before. He should not show up around you anymore.”

Soul replied, “How can I ever thank you?”

“Well,” replied Mercy, “I was sent here by God and He told me to introduce you to a dear friend of mine. His name is Redemption.”

Redemption walked up and said, “Hello Soul, I see that you are not doing well.”

Soul replied, “Not until Mercy came along. It is a pleasure to meet you Redemption.”

“Well”, said Redemption,” I am glad to meet you. Are you ready to accept me?”

“What do you mean?” asked Soul.

Redemption said, “Well, when you accepted Jesus and decided to walk with Him, then you chose to accept the things of Him and His love. I am a part of Jesus’ love. I help you feel forgiven. You will never have to deal with Condemnation again. Temptation may come around, but I have someone I would like for you to meet who can help you with that. His name is Grace.”

Grace walked up to Soul and said, “Hello Soul, I have been waiting for you. As a matter of fact all three of us have been waiting to meet you. I will help you take the way out of Temptation that God gives you as it comes up. The last person we want you to meet is Faith.”

“Hi Soul, I am Faith, and I will help you stay strong and keep your beliefs strong,” said Faith.

Soul began to cry. When he began to cry Redemption said -

“This is what we were here for. Jesus redeemed you, saved you by Grace through Faith and gives you his Mercy. Jesus loves you Soul.”

Soul said, “I love you, Jesus.”

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
Tax Free Blessing

A tax assessor came one day to a poor Christian to determine the amount of taxes he would have to pay.

The following conversation took place:

“What property do you possess?” asked the assessor.

“I am a very wealthy man,” replied the Christian.

“List your possessions, please,” the assessor instructed.

The Christian said: “First, I have everlasting life, John 3:16, Second, I have a mansion in heaven, John 14:2, Third, I have peace that passes all understanding, Philippians 4:7, Fourth, I have joy unspeakable, 1 Peter 1:8, Fifth, I have divine love which never fails, 1 Corinthians 13:8, Sixth, I have a faithful wife, Proverbs 31:10, Seventh, I have healthy, happy obedient children, Exodus 20:12, Eighth, I have true, loyal friends, Proverbs 18:24, Ninth, I have songs in the night, Psalms 42:8, Tenth, I have a crown of life, James 1:12″.

The tax assessor closed his book, and said, “Truly you are a very rich man, but your property is not subject to taxation.”

————————— ——————————– ————————–

So, here are some suggestions to help you become blessed with the riches of God. Try the above suggestions in order to become a blessing to your Heavenly Father as well as those around you, known as your neighbors.

And, remember, as long as He is meeting your needs and you have the promise of eternity in Heaven, You Are Blessed! I pray that all of us will have this kind of tax free “wealth.” God Bless You!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »
Godliness With Contentment is A Great Gain

One day a fisherman was lying on a beautiful beach, with his fishing pole propped up in the sand and his solitary line cast out into the sparkling blue surf. He was enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun and the prospect of catching a fish.

About that time, a businessman came walking down the beach, trying to relieve some of the stress of his workday. He noticed the fisherman sitting on the beach and decided to find out why this fisherman was fishing instead of working harder to make a living for himself and his family.

“You aren’t going to catch many fish that way,” said the businessman to the fisherman, “you should be working rather than lying on the beach!” The fisherman looked up at the businessman, smiled and replied, “And what will my reward be?” “Well, you can get bigger nets and catch more fish!” was the businessman’s answer. “And then what will my reward be?” asked the fisherman, still smiling.

The businessman replied, “You will make money and you’ll be able to buy a boat, which will then result in larger catches of fish!” “And then what will my reward be?” asked the fisherman again. The businessman was beginning to get a little irritated with the fisherman’s questions. “You can buy a bigger boat, and hire some people to work for you!” he said. “And then what will my reward be?” repeated the fisherman.

The businessman was getting angry. “Don’t you understand? You can build up a fleet of fishing boats, sail all over the world, and let all your employees catch fish for you!” Once again the fisherman asked, “And then what will my reward be?” The businessman was red with rage and shouted at the fisherman, “Don’t you understand that you can become so rich that you will never have to work for your living again! You can spend all the rest of your days sitting on this beach, looking at the sunset. You won’t have a care in the world!”

The fisherman, still smiling, looked up and said, “And what do you think I’m doing right now?”

————————– ————————– —————————-

Contentment is a difficult attitude to learn, but so important.

It’s easy to get caught in the world’s trap of working harder and harder to earn more and more, when we may well already have what can provide us with the greatest possible happiness. May you know true contentment today?

“Now Godliness with contentment is great gain, For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain that we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.” (1Timothy 6:6-8).

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 06:00:53 PM »
Never Sin

Once there was a child and mother living in a small house. Mother always wanted her son to live as a god fearing child. As he started growing up, mother noticed that her child is living in a wrong way by cheating his friends while playing, and  abusing them with bad words.

There was a beautiful door which was nicely painted. The child loved that door so much. So one day the mother said to the child that whenever you do a wrong thing then I will hit a nail on the door and the child agreed.

As he was growing, he started doing sins more and more and so more nails got hit on the door. Now the door was full of nails and lost its beauty.

Each nail represented his sin. One fine day, as he saw the door he realised that he must not sin anymore in his life and went to his  mom and said “Mom, from today I want to live righteous life. Promise me that You will remove all the nails which was hit on the door.” Mother told him “If you are not going to sin any more,  then no more nails on a door.”

His mom started removing all the nails on the door at once but still the door looked ugly because of nail holes. The child got so upset at this as because of his own sins, the door  had lost its beauty and so he left the home.

At night when he came back to home and saw the Door, it was nicely polished with beautiful colours and it got back its beauty. Now the child was so happy as the door became perfect without nails or holes and the mother was so happy for her son .

Jesus Christ was nailed and crucified for our sins on a cross 2000 years back but we people nail him everyday by our sins. Please, at least from today let us realize our own sins and avoid them to make Christ free from this pain.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »
A great Gardener mixes the right soil

A little girl was enjoying the beauty of the garden in her home. Her father had a good collection of rare and exotic plants. He grew them with tender care.

The girl was fascinated by a plant full of fine and fragrant flowers. She went near the plant and enjoyed its beauty and the fragrance of its fine flowers. Suddenly she noted that the plant was growing in a heap of filth. She could not tolerate the presence of dirt at the bottom of the plant with such fantastic flowers.

She conceived a plan to clean the plant. She pulled the plant with all her might and uprooted it. She then carried it to the tap and washed the shoot and roots in running tap-water till all traces of dirt were washed away. She then placed the plant on a clean stone and went away, thinking that she had done a great deed indeed.

Later her father came to the garden and saw the uprooted plant. Its flowers and leaves had wilted and the plant had almost died in the scorching sun. His little daughter ran to him to exhibit her achievement. “I have cleaned it, Daddy”, she reported innocently. “It was placed in dirty soil. Now it is clean.”

The father showed her how her treatment had almost killed the plant. He told her that he had collected the filthy soil and placed it to cover the plant’s roots as it was the best medium to grow that plant. It could grow up healthily and produce fine flowers only if grown in filthy soil. She was sad that the plant had suffered and withered by her cleaning.

————————– ——————— ————————–

Pain, poverty and illness may cause agony in our life. Sight of successful persons may make us depressed and envious. A great gardener mixes the right soil for each plant. In the same way God provides each of us with the best environment required for optimum spiritual growth. But it may appear to be unpleasant to us and we may even complain to God about our plight.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
God never leaves us

There was a musician who was exceptionally talented and a gifted player of fiddle.

He was once performing before a large audience, who were enjoying the heavenly melody with rapt attention and great appreciation. He was playing his own favourite fiddle which had four strings and a bow.

As the program progressed, one of the strings broke. But he continued to perform without interruption. Then a second string also broke. Still he continued the music without break. After a while, the third string also broke. He continued his magic performance with a single string, with excellent expertise. His music was so melodious that no one could feel the great tragedy that occurred during the performance.

———–  ————   —————–  —————  ————–

This incident teaches us that for a really talented and gifted musician, a single string is sufficient to create a miraculous melody. The mighty Goliath was felled by a single small stone in the gifted hands of David, because God was with David {1 Samuel 17: 49, 50}. Jesus employed the simple and humble gift of five loaves and two fish from a boy to feed the thousands who had assembled to hear His sermon {John 6: 9-13}.

God has given every person a generous gift of special talents, which we often hide and refuse to use. (Matthew 25: 14-30 and Luke 19: 11-27). “Each one of us has received a special gift in proportion to what Christ has given” {Ephesians 4: 7}. We must serve God and our fellow men utilizing fully, all the talents and gifts God has given to us (Ephesians 4:11, 12}.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »
Burned Biscuits

When I was a little boy, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed!

Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don’t remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I’ll never forget what he said: “Baby, I love burned biscuits.”

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned.. He wrapped me in his arms and said, “Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she’s real tired.. And besides – a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!”

————————– —————————- ——————————

You know, life is full of imperfect things…… and imperfect people I’m not the best housekeeper or cook.

What I’ve learned over the years is that learning to accept each other’s faults – and choosing to celebrate each other’s differences – is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »
The Apple Basket

One day an elderly man entered into a hospital. He was grumpy from being on medication and the nurses thought him to be insane, as he yelled for his wife to get the apple basket. By the time they had checked him into his room the nurses were exhausted from the fight he was putting up.

“Sir you have to calm down we are doing everything we can for you” they would try to explain.

“I don’t need your help” the grumpy man would yell “I want my apple basket”. He finally slept. The nurses sighed with relief and talked among themselves whether they should call the hospital psychologist about the old man and his obsession with the apple basket.

As they talked and laughed about the situation the wife came in carrying the basket of apples. They looked kind of stunned as she asked if she could see her husband and deliver his basket. Sure, they agreed as they watched her slip past into his room.

Curiosity consumed them over the next few weeks as they tended to the elderly man. He was eaten with cancer and the doctors had given him no hope of survival. He turned out to be a very calm, happy man once he had his basket. His wife, they noticed, would come in with apples and go out with apples and the curiosity grew even more till one nurse
couldn’t stand the suspense.

One night as he was nearing the end, the nurse sat down in a chair by the wife.” May I ask why do you have that apple basket? I just don’t understand the significance. “

“I am an apple farmer by trade he sighed. From the time I was 20 till the day I do die I will forever have my apples.” The nurse nodded thinking she understood. He just likes his work, she thought, assured now he was a little bit crazy.

As she started to leave, the old man asked her to sit down. “At age 20 I was saved, I accepted the Lord as my Savior.” Oh no, the nurse thought. Here comes the lecture on religion. The old man continued.  “The day I accepted the Lord as my Savior I got this basket, and each time I had a problem or concern that I could not handle, I put an apple in the basket un-shined.”

“Why?” the nurse said shaking her head.

“Because it reminded me to give those problems to the Lord for him to shine. See my basket now,” he stated. “As my problems disappear so do the apples. As I get new problems, ones I cannot handle alone, I put an apple in.”

The humble nurse looked into the basket…only one apple was there.

With that, he took a big breath and grabbed his wife by the hand and faded into eternal sleep. The wife paused for a moment and got up from her place to take from the basket the last remaining apple. She whispered in his ear that his reward awaits him in heaven.

The nurse stayed still and asked with tears in her eyes, “what do you think his riches will be?”

The wife knew what they were, eternal life with Jesus Christ. But she could see the concern and sadness upon the young nurses’ face and handed her the apple and said “the biggest apple pie you can imagine!”

That was the day the young nurse was saved, and from that day on she always had a basket by her bed.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »
Am I my brother’s keeper?

A rat looked through a crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife opening a package. What food might it contain? He was aghast to discover that it was a rat trap. Retreating to the farmyard the rat proclaimed the warning; “There is a rat trap in the house, a rat trap in the house!”

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, “Excuse me, Mr. Rat, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it.”

The rat turned to the pig and told him, “There is a rat trap in the house, a rat trap in the house!”

“I am so very sorry Mr. Rat,” sympathized the pig, “but there is nothing I can do about it but pray. Be assured that you are in my prayers.”

The rat turned to the cow. She said, “Like wow, Mr. Rat. A rat trap. I am in grave danger. Duh?”

So the rat returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer’s rat trap alone.

That very night a sound was heard throughout the house, like the sound of a rat trap catching its prey. The farmer’s wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see that it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer’s wife.

The farmer rushed her to the hospital. She returned home with a fever. Now everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup’s main ingredient.

His wife’s sickness continued so that friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them the farmer butchered the pig.

The farmer’s wife did not get well. She died, and so many people came for her funeral that the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide meat for all of them to eat.

So the next time you hear that someone is facing a problem and think that it does not concern you, remember that when there is a rat trap in the house, the whole farmyard is at risk.

“Am I my brother’s keeper?” (Genesis 4:9d)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 06:13:42 PM »
The Perfect Heart

One day a young man was standing in the middle of the town proclaiming that he had the most beautiful heart in the whole valley. A large crowd gathered and they all admired his heart for it was perfect. There was not a mark or a flaw in it.

Yes, they all agreed it truly was the most beautiful heart they had ever seen. The young man was very proud and boasted more loudly about his beautiful heart.

Suddenly, an old man appeared at the front of the crowd and said “Why, your heart is not nearly as beautiful as mine.”

The crowd and the young man looked at the old man’s heart. It was beating strongly, but full of scars, it had places where pieces had been removed and other pieces put in, but they didn’t fit quite right and there were several jagged edges. In fact, in some places there were deep gouges where whole pieces were missing.

The people stared – how can he say his heart is more beautiful, they thought? The young man looked at the old man’s heart and saw its state and laughed. “You must be joking,” he said. “Compare your heart with mine, mine is perfect and yours is a mess of scars and tears.”

“Yes,” said the old man, “Yours is perfect looking but I would never trade with you. You see, every scar represents a person to whom I have given my love – I tear out a piece of my heart and give it to them, and often they give me a piece of their heart which fits into the empty place in my heart, but because the pieces aren’t exact, I have some rough edges, which I cherish, because they remind me of the love we shared.

Sometimes I have given pieces of my heart away, and the other person hasn’t returned a piece of his heart to me. These are the empty gouges – giving love is taking a chance.

Although these gouges are painful, they stay open, reminding me of the love I have for these people too, and I hope someday they may return and fill the space I have waiting. So now do you see what true beauty is?”

The young man stood silently with tears running down his cheeks. He walked up to the old man, reached into his perfect young and beautiful heart, and ripped a piece out. He offered it to the old man with trembling hands. The old man took his offering, placed it in his heart and then took a piece from his old scarred heart and placed it in the wound in the young man’s heart. It fit, but not perfectly, as there were some jagged edges.

The young man looked at his heart, not perfect anymore but more beautiful than ever, since love from the old man’s heart flowed into his. They embraced and walked away side by side.

How sad it must be to go through life with a whole untouched heart.