Author Topic: Bahubali  (Read 1972 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Bahubali
« on: January 01, 2015, 01:24:41 PM »
Bahubali Movie Preview

Cast:    Prabhas,Anushka, Rana Daggubati, Sathyaraj, Nassar, Adivi Sesh, Sudeep, Rakesh Varre
Direction:    S. S. Rajamouli
Production:    Shobu Yarlagadda, Prasad Devineni, K. Raghavendra Rao
Music:    M. M. Keeravani

No one can question S.S.Rajamouli’s ability as a director. He has already proved himself as a director and is regarded as the top most director in Tollywood at present. In addition to action packed masala entertainers, Rajamouli can also deal historical drama films and it has been proved with ‘Magadheera’.

Now S.S.Rajamouli has been filming another huge budgeted epic film titled ‘Baahubali’. Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty and Tamannaah Bhatia play the lead roles in this movie. The film has also biggies like Satyaraj, Nassar, Sudeep etc in other key roles.

‘Baahubali’ is being shot in Telugu and Tamil in parallel and will also be released in Hindi, Malayalam and a few foreign languages. Sabu Cyril, four times National award winning art director, is working for this film. Prabhas will be seen in a dual role as Baahubali and Shivudu. Rana Daggubati plays Bhallala Deva, Anushka Shetty will be seen as Deva Sena and Tamannaah as Avanthika.

Speaking about the film, Rajamouli said that the film will have stunning visual effects and will be a visual treat to the audiences. He also said that the war sequences in the film will be arresting. The hype surrounding the film is so high that even Super Star Rajinikanth said that he wanted to visit the sets of the movie and see how the film is being shot. The unit are interviewed by BBC team for their documentary on 100 years of Indian cinema,

M.M.Keeravani is composing the music for ‘Baahubali’. Shobu Yarlagadda and Prasad Devineni are producing this big budgeted flick on Arka Media works banner and S.S.Rajamouli’s mentor and veteran director K.Raghavendra will present this movie. Ramya Krishna, Adivi Sesh etc are also included in the cast of the movie. K.K.Senthil Kumar is the cinematographer for ‘Baahubali’.

This most anticipated and much awaited film is all set for a huge release in 2015.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Bahubali
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:32:37 AM »
I am eagerly waiting to watch ‘Baahubali’ : Shankar

Shankar, who attended the Telugu audio launch of ‘I’ in Hyderabad, has praised director S.S.Rajamouli and his directional skills. He said that “I became a fan of Rajamouli after watching ‘Magadheera’ and after watching ‘Eega’, I became an even bigger fan of him. I am eagerly waiting for the release of ‘Baahubali’. I watched the making videos of the movie. Technically, the movie is being made on International standards”.

Rajamouli also praised Shankar at the event. “When I was working in Chennai, our assistant directors used to sit and discuss about Shankar’s ‘Mukkala Mukkabula’ song with Prabhu Deva and how he has filmed a particular shot. Because we had no much knowledge about technology then. But even now, after becoming a director I couldn’t understand how he did some shots. Shankar is a director who is much ahead of everyone. I am sure ‘I’ will be a visual feast. I am waiting to watch the movie”, Rajamouli said.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:13:21 PM »
Studio Green snaps 'Baahubali' TN rights?

Studio Green has snapped the Tamil Nadu distribution rights of SS Rajamouli's  Baahubali.

Baahubali is a big budget period war film which has ensemble of star cast including Prabhas, Rana Daggubati. Anushka, Tamanna, Sathyaraj, Nassar and many others.

Sources say that Studio Green along with UV creations have bought the Tamil Nadu theatricals of Baahubali.The film is originally produced by Arka Media works and the first installment of the film will be releasing on April third week of 2015 while the sequel will be releasing on 2016.

It is worth a mention that SS Rajamouli's Naan Ee (Eega) and Maveeran (Magadheera) are big hits in Tamil Nadu

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:25:08 PM »
SS Rajamouli’s 'Baahubali' to release on May 22

According to reliable sources from Tollywood, SS Rajamouli’s big budget period action flick, Baahubali will release on May 22.

Baahubali is being simultaneously shot in Tamil and Telugu while famous lyric writer Madhan Karky is penning the dialogues for the Tamil version. The period flick also has Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka, Tamanna, Sathyaraj, Nassar and many others to its star cast.

The Tamil version of Baahubali will be released by KE Gnanavelraja’s Studio Green in association with UV Creations. Sources say that the production house is planning to release the film in large number of screens as Rajamouli’s Maaveeran (Magadheera) and Naan Ee (Eega) were big hits in Tamil.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »
Official: Rajamouli's 'Baahubali' on May 15th

SS Rajamouli has officially announced that his big budget period film Baahubali will be releasing on May 15.

Baahubali is a bilingual in Tamil and Telugu while the dialogues for the Tamil version are penned by lyricist Madhan Karky. Rajamouli has also said that the release date is for the first installment of the film and they have completed the entire talkie portion already.

Sources say that the sequel of Baahubali will be releasing by the end of 2015 or early 2016.

Baahubali has ensemble of star  cast including Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka, Tamanna, Sathyaraj, Nassar and many others.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 11:08:46 PM »
'Baahubali' first look poster is out

SS Rajamouli is probably the only director in Indian cinema who is having one hundred percent hit rate in his career. Almost all his Telugu films are either profitable ventures or became industry hits during the release.

The shooting of Rajamouli’s upcoming film Baahubali was wrapped up long back and currently the director is busy with the post production work of the film.

As promised in Twitter, SS Rajamouli unveiled the first look poster of Baahubali on May 1 in three languages—Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

The poster depicts a hand holding a baby in an ocean which has grabbed everyone’s attention and all are curious about the film’s plot.

Arka Media Works, the producers of the film have tied up with Gnanavelraja and Karan Johar to release Baahubali in large number of screens across Kollywood and Bollywood respectively.

Baahubali has ensemble of star cast including Prabhas, Rana, Anushka, Tamannaah, Sathyaraj and many others.

Sources say that the film will release on July 10.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:26:05 PM »
Release date confirmed for 'Baahubali'

The theatrical trailer of SS Rajamouli’s magnum opus Baahubali has been released and everyone is raving about the visual extravaganza and grandeur of the film, also the stunt sequences and CG works are too good comparing to Indian movie standards.

Now with the expectations are sky-rocketing, the team has confirmed that they are planning to release the film on July 10.

Gnanavelraja will be releasing the Tamil version of Baahubali along with Prabhas’ UV creations while the Hindi version of the film will be released by famous producer and director Karan Johar.

Sources say that the film will have a simultaneous release in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Hindi on July 10.

Baahubali has ensemble of star cast including Prabhas, Rana Daggubatti, Anushka, Nassar, Tamanna, Sathyaraj, Ramya Krishnan and many others.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 07:03:04 PM »
'Baahubali' trailer launched in Chennai

The Tamil trailer launch event of Baahubali happened at a star hotel in Chennai on Friday (June5). Addressing the media, SS Rajamouli said “ I’ve attended many functions at many places but addressing my own event in Chennai is an emotional moment for me. It’s like how one would feel when he emigrated from his own place, earned big reputation somewhere and visiting his native again. I’ve done my schooling and college in Chennai, learnt the grammar of cinema in this city. Thanks to Tamil Thaai (mother)”.

“A film like Baahubali would be a dream for many directors. But for me, this is my world; this is where I live in. When my dad joined me in library, the first thing I read was Amar Chitra katha and I was fascinated with Raja –Rani Stories. Had I approached my first film producer with a historic film, he would have easily ignored me. In my sixth film (Yamadonga), I incorporated a twenty minute mythological portion which worked out well and then I used the historic portion in Magadheera for 40 minutes. As now producers are having confidence in me, I can pull off a period film and they are sure to get back the investment on Baahubali” said SS Rajamouli.

“Some people take films to make the audience laugh; some people make films to make the audience cry. Could someone take a film to just make sure that audience’s jaws drop on the floor? Then it would be SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali " said Sathyaraj who is playing an important role in the film.

“I’m an atheist and I don’t believe the existence of God. For a particular scene, I’ve to speak high on Baahubali character that it should sound like praising the god like man. Rajamouli came to me and explained ‘Sir forget Baahubali, just think how you will speak about your thalaivar MGR’. Rajamouli knows exactly what he wants” added Sathyaraj.

“When Rajamouli approached me for the first time, I had given hat-trick flops but our film became successful. Later, before six years, he came up with the idea of Baahubali and I was stunned. We have done 80 days shooting for stunt sequences which were hectic and I hope Tamil audiences accept me here” said Prabhas.

“I had worked with Rajamouli in Vikramarkudu and going to his shooting spot will be like picnic as his wife would serve delicious food. When Rajamouli announced Baahubali, I thought whether he would approach me or not but to my surprise, he gave me a good role in the film and I immediately grabbed the offer” said Anushka Shetty.

“When they called me for the film, they had already completed 150 days of shoot but the character I’m playing in Baahubali is superb. I’ve learnt a lot in Baahubali, this is a special film for me” said Tamannaah.

Rana Daggubati who is playing the baddie in the film said  “I had my doubts whether I should play a baddie at this point of my career but it’s SS Rajamouli film and I can’t afford to leave it. I’ve gained 20 kilos for the film and we did all the rehearsals before the stunt sequences which helped us a lot during the shoot”.

Suriya who launched the Tamil trailer said “After Raja Raja Chozhan and Avvaiyar, we are going to see a full historic film and I should thank SS Rajamouli for making Baahubali. The visuals are stunning and I’m sure this film will make India proud”.

“In Tamil Nadu we have 8 crs population but only 40 lakhs people are watching cinema in theaters. I request all the Tamil people to come and watch Baahubali, it will a one time phenomenon” said Suriya.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 10:43:55 PM »
'Baahubali' Tamil audio from June 24

The audio launch of Baahubali’s Tamil version will happen tomorrow (June 24). Already, the team has launched the audio of the Telugu version in Hyderabad and it is a huge hit.

Mean while, the Telugu version of the film has been censored with U/A certificate while the Tamil version will soon be gearing up for censors
Produced by Arka Media Works, the film will be jointly distributed by Studio Green, Sri Thenandal Films and UV Creations in Tamil Nadu
Directed by SS Rajamouli, the big budget period war film has Prabhas, Anushka, Rana Daggubatti, Sathyaraj, Nassar, Ramya Krishnan and many others to its star cast.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »
'Baahubali' team in Kochi

Telugu magnum opus Baahubali will hit the screens on July 10. The main team of Baahubali was in Kochi yesterday, in connection with the film’s audio launch. The Malayalam version of the film will be available for the audience in Kerala.

Director S S Rajamouli, who has made such widely acclaimed films like Magadheera, Eega and Maryada Ramanna, said while addressing the press that “the film has two parts. Baahubali – The Beginning will reach the theatres now and Baahubali – The Conclusion still has 120 days of shooting left.”

Actor Prabhas, who is doing the title role, narrated the experiences and hard work that went into the making of the film. Actor Rana Daggubati said he will continue acting in Bollywood films, but his first love remains Telugu.

Baahubali’s leading ladies Anushka Shetty, Tamannah Bhatia and art director Sabu Cyril were also present during the occasion.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 09:42:05 PM »
Baahubali' will be an experience:PC Sreeram

The countdown to India’s biggest motion picture Baahubali has started. As the teaser and trailer of the film are bombarded with grand visuals and majestic war scenes, expectations are sky-rocketing.

Everyone in the film industry is eagerly waiting to witness the visual extravaganza of the film and if it succeeds at the box office, producers will come forward to produce many such period war films, a rare genre in Indian cinema.

“# BAAHUBALI the beginning of many more such films to come, will definitely be experience to watch . Waiting to watch this spectacle” wrote ace cinematographer PC Sreeram on Twitter.

Trade buzz says that Baahubali has brighter chance to break South India’s highest grossing film Endhiran and as of now, the advance bookings are tremendous.

In Tamil Nadu, Studio Green and Thenandal Films are planning to release the film in more than 300 screens.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »
Baahubali Review

Director:
S. S. Rajamouli
Cast: Prabhas, Rana, Tamannaah, Anushka Shetty, Ramya Krishnan, Sathyaraj, Nassar, Sudeep

'Bahubali: The Beginning' marks the start of a two-part series that makes up the entire Bahubali story.

We meet Shivudu (Prabhas), a boy-man prone to jumping about mountains and waterfalls. He has almost superhuman strength that we witness, as his muscles rip, while uprooting an impossibly heavy idol.

His people belong to the mountains, and they are simple folk. He's a good-natured guy who, unfortunately, as most Indian films go, thinks it's romantic to woo a woman by ignoring her discomfort, undressing her in a stylishly shot scene, and then turning her into a pretty doll.

Even if the lady in question is a warrior of sorts, whom we earlier see with hardened, soiled hands.

His life turns when he discovers things about his past that force him to ask — 'Who am I?'

The film trails Shivudu trying to uncover the truth and his relation to the royal palace.

Now, there are several films that are about greed for power, palace intrigue and bloody battles. But this film is more about the imagery and visual grandeur, than the story itself.

So in the first half for example, you have breathtaking visuals of a formidable waterfall, as Shivudu takes a huge leap across the length of the waterfall in slow-mo. We see him swing as his feet skims the water surface, we see him climb and take majestic leaps against an orange sky (with that waterfall somewhere in the frame).

It's all overwhelmingly beautiful, and you even tend to forgive that the sky is gloriously orange in one shot and blue in the other.

Towards the second half, this visual splendor turns into an even more able treat. We see shots of stunningly designed palace buildings, as the camera snakes through the walls and towers, and often gives us an aerial view of the royal extravagance.

There are beautifully executed scenes like the one where an enormous gold statue of a king is being unveiled to the tune of music and dances, while dozens of are workers being whipped into hauling up the monstrous thing.

The battle-scenes (they often remind you of The Lord of The Rings) are terrific. Director S.S. Rajamouli (Magadheera, Eega) makes the battles epic in every way— from the premise, the intentions, the machinations and the menacing enemy army, that seems inspired by the Orc clan from LOTR.

There is plenty of nasty violence in the film, especially in the battle scenes. It seems like an amalgamation of different way people die, as we see several killed in battle, some knifed, others beheaded, or trapped in a landslide. However the scale and magnanimity of the proceedings distract from the gratuitous violence.

What is also a huge plus is the bravura, absolutely stunning performance by Prabhas. He has a double role, and is equally fantastic in both. Rana Daggubati matches step as Bhallala, the power-drunk king. Tamannah Bhatia is superb, especially in the scenes where she plays the warrior.

There are several interesting peripheral characters. The queen mother who nurses her baby while taking charge of the kingdom is a striking one. As is Katappa, who is duty-bound to a king whose ways he does not agree with.

One wishes the story was more layered, and the dialogue went beyond the obvious. In any case, one reckons that the film-watching experience is somewhat diluted to the dubbing, which can never really capture the full essence of the original language.

The film falters in an inconsistent pace, adding an artificial romance that never really convinces us, and insinuating a jarring item song with dancers that look too modern. The melodramatic scenes involving the mother are also grating on the nerves. The film ends rather abruptly with a message that says …'Conclusion will happen in 2016'. So much for subtlety!

But there are relatively small faults in a film that overwhelms and entertains through its sheer love for scale and visual wizardry. For the splendid visual feast it offers, and the solid performances, this one comes recommended!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 09:04:26 PM »
'Baahubali' breaks all box office records!

Baahubali: Reactions from critics
SS Rajamouli’s ambitious period war film Baahubali opened with spectacular reviews and the day-one box office figures are out, which is humongous by any yardstick.
The film has grossed RS 66 crs on its opening which includes the domestic and overseas box office collection.
Trade sources that the number is the biggest ever opening for an Indian movie and it’s a historic moment for Tollywood film industry.
Other than Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, the film is also doing excellent business in non-traditional trade belts like Tamil Nadu and North India which is something special for a Telugu movie.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »
'Baahubali' crosses 100 crs in 48 hours!

SS Rajamouli’s big budget majestic period war film, Baahubali is doing amazing business worldwide.

The film has crossed 100 crores in two days and early estimates say that it world have grossed nearly 160 crs in its opening weekend (July 10-12).In the US the film premiered on Thursday (July 9)and from Telugu version alone it grossed a record breaking 3.35 million USD (21.2 crores) as of now. It became the first South Indian film to have crossed the 3 million $ gross

Interestingly, the film is also having a good run at Tamil Nadu box office and sources say that it has grossed nearly 13 crs in its opening weekend from Tamil and Telugu versions.

Baahubali, Hindi dubbed version has made Rs 22.35 Crore during the opening weekend. Within three days, the film has broken all the South Indian films’ box office collection except Shankar’s Endhiran and ‘I’. Trade sources say that the film will definitely break the record of ‘I’ and Endhiran’s record gross box office collection of 289 crs in the long run.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 11:54:53 AM »
Shankar lauds Baahubali

Social media enthusiasts are busy arguing and analyzing the talent of both Shankar and Rajamouli, hopefully, they will soon announce their verdict (!!!).

But it looks like both Shankar and Rajamouli share a mutual admiration and there is no ego clash between them which reflects with their interviews and opinions about each other.

Day before the release of Baahubali, director Shankar wished SS Rajamouli and his team on Twitter. Now the Endhiran director has seen the film and tweeted "Bahubali-Epic Thoughts!Poetic Imagnatn!Strong Characterisatns!Super Heroism!Executd wit Stuning Visuals! Vowww! Cheers 2 Rajmouli n his team".

Rajamouli replied "@shankarshanmugh thanks a ton for the appreciation, sir. The team is overjoyed.Your message is not just a compliment, but a certificate".

Rajamouli has recently said that it was Shankar who taught the Indian film in effectively using the visual effects.