Author Topic: ~ E-Books Collection [CHRISTIAN] ~  (Read 3670 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: ~ E-Books Collection [CHRISTIAN] ~
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
The Kneeling Christian

Download : The Kneeling Christian E-book

Click the link above to download “The Kneeling Christian” (150 KB) eBook by an Unknown Christian

About Kneeling Christian eBook :-

The most influential book on Prayer I’ve ever read. The chapters are :

Chapter 1: GOD’S GREAT NEED
Chapter 2: ALMOST INCREDIBLE PROMISES
Chapter 3: ASK OF ME AND I WILL GIVE
Chapter 4: ASKING FOR SIGNS
Chapter 5: WHAT IS PRAYER?
Chapter 6: HOW SHALL I PRAY?
Chapter 7: MUST I AGONIZE?
Chapter 8: DOES GOD ALWAYS ANSWER PRAYER?
Chapter 9: ANSWERS TO PRAYER
Chapter 10: HOW GOD ANSWERS PRAYER
Chapter 11: HINDRANCES TO PRAYER
Chapter 12: WHO MAY PRAY?

Kneeling Christian Review:

This small book is big on the theology of prayer. But it isn’t written in a text book manner. Instead, this “unknown Christian” simply goes to the Scripture and points out to the reader how important prayer is to the life of a believer. The first chapter alone gets your attention. In it the author states that a person’s greatest regret, once in heaven, will be to look back and wonder why he or she didn’t pray more. When a person realizes how much can be gained by praying, it should astound us that we don’t do it more.

This is one of the few books I own that is such a classic that I read it every year. It never grows old, because its message is truly timeless. I highly recommend it to new and older Christians of every persuasion!

This book examines the concept of prayerlessness in the Christian community of its day – and in looking at the promises of God in the Gospel of John, the author reaches some conclusions on why Christians don’t pray and why, many times, it appears that God does not answer. The book is not for the faint at heart – this anonymous Christian writer, most likely an Anglican clergyman named Albert Richardson, is very, very serious about the issue of prayer. His closing comment in the book is this:

Prayer is our highest privilege, our gravest responsibility, and the greatest power God has put in our hands. Prayer, real prayer, is the noblest, the sublimest, the most stupendous act that any creature of God can perform.

And with this sentiment, the author points out that the problem with prayer isn’t God – it’s man! Prayerlessness stems not from God’s inaction or inability, but rather from man’s apathy, lack of discipline or even sin that hinders his prayers. The author also introduces the reader to some wonderful men and women of the faith who were prayer warriors – and this is done in an encouraging way that challenges all Christians to take this spiritual discipline more seriously.

Overall The Kneeling Christian is a very good read – it would make a great gift to a Christian friend wanting to deepen their prayer life and walk with the Lord – but read it first yourself!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Re: ~ E-Books Collection [CHRISTIAN] ~
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 11:20:26 AM »
Read Me or Rue It : E-book on Purgatory

Download : Read Me or Rue It : E-book on Purgatory

Click the link above to download Read Me or Rue It – How To Avoid Purgatory written by Fr. Paul O’Sullivan

Chapters in this PDF on Purgatory

The most influential book on Prayer I’ve ever read. The chapters are :

Chapter 1 : What is Purgatory ?
Chapter 2 : Can all this be true ?
Chapter 3 : How long do souls remain in Purgatory ?
Chapter 4 : Why pray for the poor souls ?
Chapter 5 : How can we help the Holy Souls ?
Chapter 6 : What the Holy Souls do for those who help them
Appendix : The Brown Scapular
Although a small e-book, it is destined to do great good among Christians, many of whom are incredibly ignorant of the great doctrine of Purgatory. As a consequence, they do little or nothing to avoid it themselves and little to help the Poor Souls who are suffering there so intensely, waiting for the Masses and prayers which should be offered for them.

Help, Help, They Suffer So Much

I. We can never understand too clearly that every alms, small or great, which we give to the poor we give to God. He accepts it and rewards it as given to Himself. Therefore, all we do for the Holy Souls, God accepts as done to Himself. It is as if we had relieved or released Him from Purgatory. What a thought! How He will repay us!

II. As there is no hunger, no thirst, no poverty, no need, no pain, no suffering to compare with what the Souls in Purgatory endure, so there is no alms more deserving, none more pleasing to God, none more meritorious for us than the alms, the prayers, the Masses we give to the Holy Souls.

III. It is very possible that some of our own nearest and dearest ones are still suffering the excruciating pains of Purgatory and calling on us piteously for help and relief.

Is it not dreadful that we are so hardened as not to think more about them, that we are so cruel as to deliberately forget them! For the dear Christ’s sake, let us do all, but all, we can for them. Every Catholic ought to join the Association of the Holy Souls.

“Have pity on me, have pity on me, at least you my friends, because the hand of the Lord hath touched me. ” (Job 19:21). This is the touching prayer that the Poor Souls in Purgatory address to their friends on Earth, begging, imploring their help, in accents of the deepest anguish. Alas, many are deaf to their prayers!

What is Purgatory?

It is a prison of fire in which nearly all [saved] souls are plunged after death and in which they suffer the intensest pain. Here is what the great Doctors of the Church tell us of Purgatory: So grievous is their suffering that one minute in this awful fire seems like a century.

St. Thomas Aquinas, the Prince of Theologians, says that the fire of Purgatory is equal in intensity to the fire of Hell, and that the slightest contact with it is more dreadful than all the possible sufferings of this Earth!