• http://friendstamilchat.com/
Kayal
« on: December 08, 2014, 08:05:09 PM »
Kayal Music Review

Cast:    Prabhu Solomon
Direction:    Chandran, Anandhi
Production:    Madhan, James
Music:    D.Imman

Imman’s career has got a new meaning with ‘Mynaa’ and he continued his stellar partnership with Prabhu Solomon in ‘Kumki’. Given the reputation of this combo, the stakes were so high for this OST and here we go! A detailed analysis on the entire album.

Paravaya Parakkurom – Haricharan

What starts off with a mild ‘Ghatam’ notes soon picks up great pace with Haricharan’s glorious vocals and some splendid orchestration. The string section in the first interlude is the pick of the song and the composer just builds up momentum till the end to present a near perfect traveler song.

Yengirindhu Vandhaayo – Shreya Ghosal

It seems Shreya Ghosal & Imman saves their best for each other respectively as the duo is keep dishing out memorable tracks for quite some time now. Yugabharathi’s simple verses, like ‘aanju vecha keera pola.. nenapula nee kadayariye…  gets along beautifully with the tune. Shreya perfectly expressed the helpless nature of a girl, who is looking for her man to come back to her life.

Koodave Varamaadhiri – Alphonse Joseph

The ‘Aaromale’ man is back after a long time and rendered a soul stirring patho. Imman has let the singer to dominate and his tune acted as a second fiddle. The song could make a better impact with the visuals than audio.

Yen Aala Paaka Poren – Shreya Ghosal, Ranjith

Shreya strikes for the second time and Ranjith gave her wonderful support in this delightful melody. The song sounds soothing without any modern instruments and makes an impact right from the first listen itself.

Unna Ippo Paakanum – Haricharan, Vandhana Srinivasan

Imman produces a mighty winner with this tune and the listeners are sure to hear this one on a loop. The song carries astounding sound arrangements and the Ilayraraja’ish flavor is quite evident throughout the song.  Both the lead singers gave it all and presented a stunning melody.

Deeyaalo Deeyalo – Orathanadu Gopi

As expected, here is the folk number in Imman – Prabhu Solomon combo. Imman’s eye for talent across all the genres have produced many singers in the past and this time, he showered the light on Gopi. The folk singer rendered the song quite majestically and all set to become a new sensation in K-town.

Enga Pulla Iruka – Balram

The album comes to an end with a moving patho. Balram’s vocals and Yugabharathi’s lyrics are sure to leave a lump in our throat. A wonderful composition to round off a pleasant album.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
Re: Kayal
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »
‘Kayal’ Anandhi gets a big offer

Young actress Anandhi who debuted with not so well received film ‘Poriyaalan’ is keeping her fingers crossed for the release of ‘Kayal’ directed by Prabhu Solomon. In the film that is schedule during the  Christmas weekend, Anandhi plays the titular role. Given the commercial success and critical acclaim garnered by Solomon’s last two films ‘Mynaa’ and ‘Kumki’ we can expect Anandhi’s career to get a huge boost after the release of ‘Kayal’.

Meanwhile the young lass has bagged a coveted offer in Kollywood even before the release of ‘Kayal’.  She has signed to play the female lead  love interest in a film that will be directed by Sarkunam and produced by none other than the path breaking filmmaker Bala. Atharvaa is the male lead in this film. The film is touted to have a rural subject and Anandhi will don a rural girl role. She has also revealed that she has been floored by the script narrated by Sarkunam

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 02:22:49 PM »
Kayal- Trailer rocks K-town!

The trailer of the much awaited Prabhu Solomon directorial ‘Kayal’ got released yesterday to much acclaim from the audience.

Kayal stars newcomers Chandran, Anandhi, Imman Annachi and many others and the music of Kayal is already the talk of the town thanks to D.Imman and his soulful melodies.

The trailer showcases bits and pieces of almost all songs from the movie and one might be able to gauge that the movie is a love story set in the backdrop of tsunami. The trailer features shots of the much expected tsunami scenes and the visuals look breathtaking. The movie also seems to have an angle where the love between the leads is opposed by the family members.

The sound mixing in the trailer is also looking very effective. Debutant Chandran looks like a regular Prabhu Solomon hero with a long beard and rustic outlook while Anandhi manages to catch the attention with expressive eyes.

It looks like Prabhu Solomon will have a hat-trick with Kayal following the success of Mynaa and Kumki.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 08:04:22 PM »
'Kayal' censored with U certificate

Prabhu Solomon’s Kayal has been censored with a clean U and the film is now all set for a Christmas release.

Madan of Escape Artists tweeted “#Kayal Censored - U certificate with no Cuts”. Kayal is said to be an emotional love story which is set at the backdrop of 2004 Tsunami attack.

Kayal has debut actor Chandran in the lead role while Anandhi of Poriyaalan fame as the heroine.  Imman who is considered to be Prabhu Solomon’s lucky charm has composed the music and the songs are already topping the charts.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »
Please watch 'Kayal' for many reasons, says Chandran

Prabhu Solomon’s Kayal is all set to release on Dec 24 and in an exclusive chat with us, Chandran who is making his debut with the film shares his experience in working with maverick director, his character in the film and many other things. Excerpts ….

Right from school days Chandran has developed the desire for acting. The actor recalls “My first role as an actor was during one of the stage plays at school where I got an opportunity to play Adolf Hitler, that particular performance fetched me raving appreciation right from the watchman to teachers. I guess that was the moment, I got high”…

After his schooling, Chandran has to complete his post-graduation because of  his father’s insistence. Later when Chandran was working in the marketing wing of Satyam, he used to attend the audition conducted by various directors. Chandran says “As I was working in a corporate set-up, I used to straight away attend the audition with formal costumes and the directors give me a weird look for my costumes”…

Chandran adds “Later, I took a conscious decision of quitting my job and I acted in few awareness short films. At one point of my time, I heard from a friend that Prabhu Solomon sir is auditioning actors for his next film. Initially I thought it was a character role. Later, I got a call from the team saying that I’m playing the lead!”

Preparing for his character in Kayal, Chandran says “I used to be round in shape and my director’s first advice for me is to get in shape as the character I’m playing is a nomad who enjoys travelling and not giving much importance to things which are precious to normal people”. Prabhu Solomon has also given a piece of advice to Chandran that in films, people shouldn’t act instead they should react to a situation and the actor says that he has followed the same.

On his experience in working with Prabhu Solomon, Chandran says “Though many call him as a task master and serious guy, I would say that he is one of the sweetest persons I have ever seen. During my shots, I never looked at the monitor. All I used to observe is Prabhu Solomon’s expression, if he cries for a particular scene then my acting is good and having said that if he is not satisfied with a particular scene, I can understand it from his expression”.

The entire crew shot the Tsunami sequence for more than one month in a set and Prabhu Solomon want everything to be real including the mud water and he didn't want to get things done  in CG as the exact feel will be lost. Chandran says “The set and ambiance will bring the Tsunami feel inside us and it helped me to emote well”.

Asked him about his role model in Tamil cinema, without any second thought Chandran utters Kamal Haasan’s name. Chandran says “Kamal sir is the best multi-tasking film personality in the country and we all know how much he push himself to get the perfection for the role he plays”.

Though Kayal set in 2004 and one can call it as a period film, Chandran says “Though there is a drastic change in technology advancements but location wise it’s all the same”.

Speaking about his heroine, Chandran says “Though people think that Ananthi is a newcomer, she has completed five films already and technically she is a senior to me. The title Kayal symbolically represents the big beautiful eyes of a girl and I’m sure that her performance will be loved by all, she has done a fabulous job”.

Imman’s songs in Kayal are a big hit and Chandran says “If people loved Imman’s songs, the visuals will take them to the different level”.  Kayal was shot in exotic locations ranging from Ladakh to Kanyakumari and many unexplored locations of North India.

On his future projects, Chandran says “There are many firsts in Kayal… this is my first film… this is my first interview…. there will be a first theater visit and as I have longed for this particular moment, I want to enjoy it”….

Chandran also thanked his producers by saying “Escape Artists’ Madan and James together made Kayal as a big film, their promotions and release strategies are well known”.

Looks like we got an actor with a lot of maturity and great taste!

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 04:43:57 PM »
Keeping fingers crossed: Anandhi of 'Kayal'

Women centric movies are a rarity in Tamil cinema but being a film maker with difference, Prabhu Solomon has titled his soon be released film as ‘Kayal’ which is the character name of Anandhi who is playing the heroine in the film.

We had a quick chat with Anandhi who is super busy with her next film with another maverick director, Vetrimaran.  Excerpts …

Anandhi’s foray into cinema is not pre-planned but because of an opportunity came on her way.  When Anandhi participated in a dance competition, a Telugu director spotted her talent and cast her in Bus Stop, which went on to become a hit.

When Anandhi came to know about Prabhu Solomon is conducting an audition for a new film, she participated and immediately the director signed her as the female lead. Anandhi says “I’m a huge fan of Prabhu sir’s movies and after my audition he told me that the film’s title is Kayal which is based on my character and I was on cloud line”.

Anandhi considers Kayal as an important film in her career, the actress says “Till now, no Telugu movie has been titled with the character name of a heroine and I feel really blessed for acting in Kayal which happened very soon in my career”. Anandhi adds “Before Kayal, my understanding about cinema was different but now I feel that acting is something special and there are many things other than just being a heroine”.

On working with Prabhu Solomon, Anandhi says “Prabhu Solomon is one director who explains scenes in detail and specifies the exact emotions he needed”. Anandhi explains “ Prabhu sir won’t settle with 20% performance , he will make sure to extract the best from us”.

Speaking about her character in the film, the actress says “Kayal is an innocent girl who is not aware of things happening in the world and how love changes her life forms the crux of the story”.  We tried our best to get the entire story but you know this girl is clever enough to reveal only the abstract of her character!

Speaking about her co-star Chandran, Anandhi says “ Chandran is very supportive and he didn’t act like a new comer,  he performed as if he is an experienced  actor so inevitably there was a healthy competition”.

On Vetrimaran’s Visaranai, the actress says “I’m a big fan of Vetrimaran sir . Oh wait…. Actually I’m a big fan of Dhanush and when I saw Aadukalam, I became a fan for Vetrimaran too”.

As she said Dhanush’s name, we asked her to list out the Tamil heroes whom she likes and Anandhi says “I like Dhanush and then Vijay…. Actually I like everyone because all are having a unique talent right? “…. 

When we asked her to compare both Vetrimaran and Prabhu Solomon, the dusky beauty says “ Well, Prabhu sir is known for handling high peak emotions whereas Vetrimaran sir’s style is different and  I can tell you that the romantic sequences in Visaranai have come out really well”.

Anandhi has also finished shooting a village based rom-com with Atharavaa and the film is directed by Sargunam of Vaagai Sooda Va fame. The actress heaps praise on the director by saying “ Sargunam sir is very kind that he looked after me like his own daughter”….

When we asked her about working with three talented directors in the beginning of her career, the Kayal girl says “I really don’t know, I think I’m really blessed to work with such talented people”. The actress signs off …

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 09:17:32 PM »
'Kayal' to release at 18 screens in US

Kayal is the biggest budget film ever made in Prabhu Solomon’s career and the film is also getting maximum release across the world.

In USA alone Kayal will be releasing 18 screens which is really big for a film having newcomers in the lead.  Despite the fact the Aamir Khan’s PK is running in packed houses, ATMUS Entertainment who have released many big budget films in USA is releasing Kayal in maximum screens.

Mean time, Kayal is also releasing in good number of screens in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Australia and many locations across the globe.

Produced by Escape Artists Madhan, Kayal is releasing on December 25.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 02:06:04 PM »
Sivakarthikeyan praises Kayal

Escape Artist Motion Pictures released Kayal today. Mynaa and Kumki fame Prabhu Solomon directed this film while Imman composed the music for it. This was a much looked forwarded to film and Sivakarthikeyan, who has acted for Escape Artists Motion Pictures in both Maan Karate and Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam, viewed the film and has praised it immensely.

“Kayal is an emotional love story. Prabhu Solomon and team has brought the film to life along with Imman’s amazing songs and Bgm. I congratulate Madhan for producing this film. Chandran, Anandhi and Vincent have acted very well in Kayal,” said this young actor as he praised the movie. Kayal released today, along with Vikram Prabhu’s Vellaikara Durai, Arya’s Meaghaman and Kappal.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 02:25:26 PM »
Kayal Movie Review

Director: Prabhu Solomon
Cast: Chandran, Anandhi, Devaraj,
Music: D Imman

Prabhu Solomon’s Kayal is a feel-good love story set against the milieu of 2004 Tsunami that struck the coast of Tamil Nadu. The film has some terrific visuals, great music and stunning climax. Movies in disaster genre are red-hot in Hollywood but in Tamil cinema, due to various budget constraints it is not popular with our filmmakers.

The director’s strength has always been love stories set against difficult situations and in the end true love triumphing against all odds. In Kayal too, Prabhu Solomon has delivered an irresistible love story between an innocent girl and a free spirited young man set against the backdrop of Tsunami, where fate and nature plays the villains.

Our hero (Chandran) is an orphan and a drifter who works only to fund his travel and see India. A character (Prabhu in a cameo) in the film says – “It is an American philosophy that you work six months and then travel worldwide for the next six months.” Soon he reaches a village close to Kanyakumari and it is love at first sight in a very tense situation, as he meets the heroine Kayal (Anandi)! But due to quirk of fate they are separated, as Kayal experiences for the first time the awakening of love in her.

The movie certainly gets a few bonus emotional points for being based on a true incident that happened before our eyes a few years back, but above all it’s a tight, exciting thriller with some truly excellent performances from a fresh cast of Chandran, Anandhi(Her smile and eyes resemble Sneha) , Vincent and a terrific ensemble of supporting characters like Devaraj with his menacing look and dialogues.

The music and back ground score of D Imman is in sync with the love story. The pick of the album Yen Aala Paakaporen.., Unna Ippo Paakanum.. and Yengirinthu Vandhaayo.. being the pick of the lot. Cinematography of V Mahendran, beautifully etches the thousand shades of green lakes, rivers, hills, and a top shot scene of a container lorry against green paddy field on both sides. Watch out for the VFX shots and sound mix of Tapas Nayak in the climax, it feels real. On the whole, it is a technically magnificent and emotionally wrenching experience.