• ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Darling
« on: December 08, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
Darling Music Review

Cast:    G. V. Prakash Kumar, Nikki Galrani, Srushti Dange, Bala saravanan
Direction:    Sam Anton
Production:    Allu Aravind, K. E. Gnanavel Raja
Music:    G. V. Prakash KumarVandha Mala – Arun Raja Kamaraj, Gana Bala, Karunaas

An enjoyable retro style number which tries to put the pub material with ‘Madras’ Gana with quirky lyrics. G.V. Prakash offers three flavors in the first 40 seconds by throwing three dimensions with string sections, trumpets, and an energetic chorus. The usage of popular dialogues goes well with the tune and evokes some foot tapping moments.

Unnale – Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghosal

The ever dependable Shreya Ghosal and the ultimate Shankar Mahadevan have delivered a poisonous melody. It is good to see G.V has started to think beyond his wife Saindhavi for melodies. The base tune is strongly rooted to some Ilayaraja’s composition in the past, but we leave that to you to decode the same.

Sattena Idi Mazhai – G.V. Prakash, Megha

The composer tries his best to inject some life to this wearisome number and falls short miserably in the first half of the song itself. Apart from Megha’s breezy appearance for a while, nothing else is impressive in this track.

Un Vizhigalil – Harini

G.V. Prakash dishes one more beguiling melody and this time he roped in, Harini, who captured millions of heart in the late 90’s and disappeared off the radar for a long time. This song could well be her second home coming and may she continue singing forever!

Anbe Anbe – G.V. Prakash

The composer makes up big time for his intial effort with ‘Satten Idi Mazhai’ and delivers a gorgeous melody to round off the album on a high! It is good to see a song which extends for more than 6 mins and still sounds good. The sound arrangements, compostion, and G.V’s butter’ish vocals is sure to do multiple laps in our playlist.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Darling
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 07:49:26 PM »
I'm emotionally attached to Darling:GV Prakash Kumar

GV Prakash’s Darling team met the press at Prasad labs, Chennai. Speaking at the event GV Prakash said “The shoot of my debut film Pencil got delayed for nearly three months and I was little down. During that time, I met both Sam Anton and Gnanavelraja outside my gym and when I showed them some of the rushes of Pencil, both of them were impressed and we started shooting for Darling”
GV Prakash said that he is emotionally attached to Darling as it is almost like a first film for him as an actor and also he had the media meet at the same venue for his debut film Veyil.  GV Prakash also spoke high on Sam Anton who initially directed the recent horror fantasy film ‘Ra’ but the makers removed him due to unknown reasons.

Gnanavel Raja who is producing the film under Studio Green went down the memory lane and remembered the media support for his first small budget venture ‘Attakathi’ and how it became a great success. Gnanavel added “Though I distributed many small budget films, I always wanted to make one and now it has happened through Darling”.

Gnanavel said “Sam Anton is highly talented and hard working director. After Darling, he will also be directing another remake film ‘Run Raja Run’ in Tamil and we will be producing it”.

Darling is a remake of Telugu hit ‘Prema Katha Chitiram’ and the film will be releasing on January 15.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:48:53 PM »
Darling Movie Review

Director: Sam Anton
Cast: GV Prakash Kumar, Naan Kadavul Rajendran, Nikki Galrani
Music: GV Prakash Kuma

Debutant director Sam Anton's Darling is an entertaining comic-horror flick with some good writing and performances.

Darling starts with a couple coming to a guest house and both gets murdered in a strange fashion. Cut to the present, the film resumes with GV Prakash, a depressed youngster who decides to commit suicide as his lover cheated him and he is soon joined by his friend Bala Saravanan, a beautiful girl Nikki Galrani and highly enjoyable Karunas who all are having their individual reasons to commit suicide.

But before their death, they decide to fulfill their last wish and decide to stay together in the same guest house where the couple got killed. Later it is revealed that Nikki Galrani is in love with GV Prakash and she along with Bala Saravanan are trying to change his suicide plan. They are successful and GV gives up his suicide plans but when he tries to make love with Nikki Galrani, ghost posses her. Now this ghost pops up whenever they try make love and the rest of the film is who the ghost is and how it moves out of Nikki's body.

Darling is a perfect launchpad for GV Prakash as an actor and his innocent face fits the bill perfectly while Nikki Galrani is cute and adorable, she is quite good at emotional sequences as well. But the real show stealer is Karunas who evokes constant laughter throughout the movie. In the later part, Ghost Gopal Varma (Rajendran) joins the party and made the movie even more enjoyable.

Technically GV Prakash's music and background score work big time, also the cinematography style perfectly suited for the comic horror genre. The running time of the movie is just 126 minutes which is huge plus for the movie and the editor Ruben must be lauded for it.

Overall, Darling is yet another entertaining comic horror movie which is a perfect time pass for this holiday season.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:35 PM »
GV Prakash's 'Darling' gets overwhelming response

GV Prakash's debut film Darling is doing exceptionally well at the Tamil Nadu box office. The film initially got released 160 odd screens in Tami Nadu but after the overwhelming response, both the screen count and show count in various theaters have been increased.

Sources say that from today the film is likely to be shown in more than 200 screens in Tamil Nadu which is a great achievement in the current competitive scenario.

Directed by Sam Anton, Darling is the remake of Telugu hit 'Prema Katha Chitiram'. Of late, horror movies are turning out to be box office favorite and it is a safe bet for the producers.

In 2014 alone, Tamil cinema has witnessed three big hits which belong to horror genre; they are Yamirukka Bayamey, Aranmanai and Pisaasu.

Now it looks like Darling has opened the success count for horror film in 2015. After Darling, horror movies including Suriya's Masss, Karthi's Kashmora and Nayanthara's Maya are in the pipeline.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:36 PM »
'Darling' director Sam Anton speaks

GV Prakash's 'Darling' out on January 15
‘Darling’ which released during Pongal has become one of the sleeper hits of the year. Here we had a chance to interact with Sam Anton – the director of ‘Darling’ who is basking on the success of his debut movie. Here are the excerpts:

What are your thoughts right now after getting to know that people love the movie?
It has been a team effort. I am extremely happy and I should be thankful especially to my producers, my entire team and a special thanks to GV Prakash.

Which aspect you think has struck a chord with the audience?
As we have said earlier, Darling was aimed as a commercial entertainer. We didn’t want it to be similar to other horror flicks. The audiences are loving the climax especially. Whatever we thought would work has worked more than we thought.

Did you get any appreciation from people inside the industry?
Yes. I got lot of phone calls. Senior people like Manobala sir called me and wished me. Lot of people called GV Prakash and the producer after watching the movie. Overall, it has been a positive response.

How did the team arrive with the plan of releasing it for Pongal in the last minute?
We had initially planned it for January 1. We knew there would be a select number of audiences for this type of a movie. But it was later decided to be Pongal as we thought there would be a 4 day holiday for the audience. Gnanavelraja saw the full movie and was very impressed with the content. That’s how we decided to go ahead with the release.

What’s next ? Upcoming ventures?
I have signed another two movies. One among them is going to be the ‘Run Raja Run’ Tamil remake which I’m doing it for Studio Green.