Author Topic: ~ Instructive story: Man and Mango ~  (Read 620 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
~ Instructive story: Man and Mango ~
« on: September 28, 2015, 08:11:59 AM »
Instructive story: Man and Mango

Once there was a man who liked to eat mangoes. One day he decided to get the sweetest mango available, from the very top of the tree. Mango which is exposed to the sun the most is the sweetest.

So he climbed up to the top, where the branches were thin. He managed to pick up a few sweet reddish fruits, but in attempt to go back he slipped and started falling towards the ground.
Fortunately, he cached the branch as he was falling and remained helplessly hanging on a tree.
Then he started to call nearby villagers for help.

They immediately came with a ladder and sticks, but could do little to help him.
After some time one calm and thoughtful person arrived - a well-known sage who lived in a simple hut nearby.

People were very curious what he will do, as he was famous in solving many people's problems in the area, sometimes very complicated ones. He was silent for a minute and then picked up a stone and - hit it at the hanging man.

Everybody was surprised. Hanging mango lover started shouting: "What are you doing?! Are you crazy? Do you want me to break my neck?"
Sage was silent. Then again, he took the stone and hit it at the man on a tree.
Man was furious: "If I could just come down, I would show you... !"

That's what everybody wanted. That he comes down. But how?
Now everybody was tense, what will happen next. Some wanted to chastise the sage, but they didn't.

Sage picked another stone and - throw it again at the man, even more forcefully. Now the man at the tree completely flipped out and developed a great determination to come down and revenge.
He then used all his skill and strength and somehow reached the branches which were safe to start going down. And he made it!
Everybody was amazed.

"Where is the sage?!" - exclaimed the rescued man.
"Oh, he is a wise man. So he didn't wait for you to beat him,"- said villagers.
"I will really smash him completely!" "Hey, wait a minute. He is the only one who helped you. He is the one who provoked you, who induced you to help yourself."

Mango lover stopped for a second, thought a little and admitted: "Yes, all your good intentions and compassion didn't help me. But he expertly induced me to give my best and save myself. I should be thankful and not angry."

Moral of the story:
So this is an instructive story. The best guru and teacher makes us, sometimes in strange ways, take initiative in our life and give our best. If we want extraordinary results, we have to give our best. The best teacher makes you a leader, makes you responsible for your life.