Author Topic: Sakalakala Vallavan  (Read 740 times)

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
  • ♥♥ Positive Thinking Will Let U Do Everything ♥♥
    • http://friendstamilchat.com/
Sakalakala Vallavan
« on: July 24, 2015, 11:20:40 AM »
'Sakalakala Vallavan' audio review

Cast: Jayam Ravi,Trisha,Anjali, Soori
Music: S.Thaman
Direction: Suraj

Buji Ma Buji Ma
Singers: D.Imman,MM.Manasi
‘Buji Ma Buji Ma’ is the Tamil version of Baadhshah’s ‘Bandhipoola’ track. D.Imman replaces Daler Mahendi from the original. The foot tapping element is still intact and the interludes,arrangements have been kept the same. The lyrics do show off the fact that it is a dubbed song.

Hitu Song
Singers: STR,Remya Nambeesan,MM Manasi,MM Monisha
Thaman has reworked his recent ‘Race Gurram’ chartbuster ‘Cinema Choopistha’. STR has taken the onus of rendering the male portions. This Tamil version is equally power packed with ful-on dance aura around it.

Un Style Eh Power
Singers: Deepak,Sharmila
Yet another track that is dubbed from Telugu! This is time it is ‘Dethadi Dethadi’ from ‘Dookudu’. The song has an infectious tune which has a tremendous scope for percussions. Must say, this is the best of the three reworked songs in the album. 

Bulb Vangiten Machan
Singers: Deva,Jayam Ravi,Vivek
‘Bulb Vangiten’ will work instantly with the front benchers, thanks to funky lyrics. Deva renders the song in his trademark ‘gaana’ appeal. For Jayam Ravi’s voice, there has been abundant autotuning. The song has been arranged with simple ‘kuthu’ instruments like thappu, light drums,etc

Mandaiyum
Singers: Nivas, Sameera
The weakest track of the album! ‘Mandaiyum’ runs out of the tempo on most occasions. The staple lyrics don’t help the cause either. Might get impressive with the visuals.

On the whole, ‘Appaatakkar’ sees Thaman reworking his tunes from his earlier Telugu hits. Those tracks seem to work to an extent & for those who haven’t heard the original versions, this album will be interesting.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Sakalakala Vallavan
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:09:50 PM »
'Sakalakala Vallavan' is my first comedy film:Jayam Ravi

The media meet of Jayam Ravi’s Sakalakala Vallavan happened on Sunday (July 26) at Prasad Labs, Chennai. Addressing the event, Ravi said “Sakalakala Vallavan is my first full-on comic film and I should thank Suraj for the perfect packaging. I should also thank Lakshmi Movie Makers for choosing me in their comeback film”.

Lakshmi Movie Makers have nearly made 26 films in Tamil cinema but they haven’t produced any film for the past four years.

Ravi also said that Sakalakala Vallavan has a subtle message on marriage and relationships. “Today the institution of marriage has become feeble and our film deals about the particular issue in commercial format” said Ravi.

The actor confessed that he likes Trisha very much and spoke high about the actress. “Trisha could easily handle certain things and her clarity level is simply amazing” said Ravi.

“I always like multi-starrers, the shooting schedule would be great fun and that too with Prabhu sir, Radha Ravi sir, Anjali and Ravi on sets—I simply loved shooting for Sakalakala Vallavan” said Trisha at the event.

Trisha added “After Athadu (Telugu), my character in Sakalakala Vallavan will be super energetic and the director has given good scope for comic scenes “.

Director Suraj said “ I don’t know anything other than comedy so obviously Sakalakala Vallavan will also belong to the same comic genre but here we’ve tried to add few sentiment sequences, the bond between father and son would the heart of the film”.

"Appatakkar means, a man who knows everything but later we came to know that it’s not a Tamil word. We had thought of naming the film as ‘Ellam Arinthavaan’ but we felt that it’s too serious for a comedy movie and also it won’t attract the masses, hence opted for the title—Sakalakala Vallavan" clarified Suraj on the sudden title change.

Earlier three songs from the film were screened at the venue and the producers thanked AVM Saravanan for allowing them to use the title, Sakalakala Vallavan.

Offline MysteRy

• Global Moderator
  • Classic Member
Re: Sakalakala Vallavan
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 07:39:59 PM »
Sakalakala Vallavan Review

Director: Suraj
Cast: Jayam Ravi, Trisha, Anjali, Vivek, Soori

Jayam Ravi’s new masala flick Sakalakala Vallavan has taken its title from the more famous Kamal Haasan-SP Muthuraman directed entertainer of early 1980’s. The Kamal film was an out and out masala entertainer which worked big time during that era.

The all new Sakalakala Vallavan is a typical Suraj film, low on logic, style and execution. It follows the director’s set pattern, no story just crass comedy and one-man upmanship between the hero and comedian. The film is targeted at the 1980-90’s B and C audiences. Do they still exist in Tamil cinema of 2015?

The hero (Jayam Ravi) is a country bumpkin whose main job seems to be to counter attack his comic opponent (Suri), with the help of the local inspector (Mottai Rajendran). Ravi is in love with Suri’s relative Anjali, but due to circumstances he is forced by his father (Prabhu) to marry a modern city bred girl Trisha, who cares a hoot for him. The second half is the taming of the shrew.

Jayam Ravi sails through with elan and style in a role tailor made for him to play to the galleries. Soori as the bumbling idiot does what comedians and sidekicks do in Tamil films – getting repeatedly slapped by all and sundry. Vivek in a cameo in a dual role raises a few laughs. Trisha and Anjali are the glam factors and do their role with ease. Thaman's music reminds one of his earlier Telugu films.

On the whole, Sakalakala Vallavan is a low brow formula comedy film in the same stock as the director’s earlier films.